• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reggie slams PSP "2 hour" battery!

threadeject.jpg

border

This whole thing just sounds like it was made up by Reggie or Spong.

TGS PSPs were running software from Memory Sticks. Without the added battery drain of the disc drive, I think they'd probably get better than two hours.

border said:
This whole thing just sounds like it was made up by Reggie or Spong.

TGS PSPs were running software from Memory Sticks. Without the added battery drain of the disc drive, I think they'd probably get better than two hours.

got any proof to back up your statement

jarrod

Banned
snapty00 said:
What the fuck are you talking about? Did you even read what I said?
And did you read what I wrote? This is standard practice, regardless of PR it's pretty clear Nintendo knows PSP's threat and the same goes with Sony... Reggie isn't anything new here, he's not bringing valuable insights. He's just a loud mouth show piece, a tactic Nintendo until recently prided themselves as being above doing (crazy Yamauchi excluded). Personally, I'm a little dissapointed in them.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
jarrod said:
The criticism of Marco's 'behavior' spun out of his own comments about Nintendo fans. I'm bringing things back to the core of those comments, sorry if it was too sudden for you.
You're right. My mistake.

Fortunately I'm not forcing my own standards over anyone else's beliefs here. ;)
But I thought that was everyone else's beliefs...

Brofist

jarrod said:
And did you read what I wrote? This is standard practice, regardless of PR it's pretty clear Nintendo knows PSP's threat and the same goes with Sony... Reggie isn't anything new here, he's not bringing valuable insights. He's just a loud mouth show piece, a tactic Nintendo until recently prided themselves as being above doing (crazy Yamauchi excluded). Personally, I'm a little dissapointed in them.

yeah, I actually agree

border

Doom_Bringer said:
got any proof to back up your statement
Sure, it's the same proof that Reggie offered =\

Maybe some of the Japan-insiders that are around here can corroborate or deny the story?

P90

jarrod said:

Bingo. It is just like Sega and then Sony did with ads made to appeal to adolescents. While MS targets scrawny, loser-type college kids with their ads. Nintendo is doing the adolescent thing now. It sure seems to work in the US.

AniHawk

kpop100 said:
I gotta a spare copy of Jak 2 lying around if you want :p

Heh, I'm finally gonna sell my copy today. Might as well get the most cash out of it while I can. Don't know why I kept it around for an entire year.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
All Sony have to say is

"Shut your face dick wad! the Battery life is actually <x> hours"

and they'd own Nintendo and their new fancy pants big shot ape boy there and then....

the longer the Sony announcement doesn't come, the more validity people will put into these rumours/issues (IMO of course)

DCharlie said:
All Sony have to say is

and they'd own Nintendo and their new fancy pants big shot ape boy there and then....

the longer the Sony announcement doesn't come, the more validity people will put into these rumours/issues (IMO of course)

except they probably can't say that because its probably their weakspot.

You really think they wouldn't have announced it? They do it with their pdas/clies ffs

P90

DCharlie said:
All Sony have to say is

lol! Pretty much. I have theory: Maybe due to the GC's poor showing, Sony thought Nintendo was going third party. So Sony sent them a PSP DK and prototype, so Nintendo actually does know that a well made game will drain the PSP in 2 hours. Just a theory.

snapty00

Banned
DCharlie said:
All Sony have to say is

Well, Sony already said it was 2 hours under some circumstances, so there's not much they could say to legitimately fire back.

DCharlie

""Dickwad" is one word.</editor>
Shouldn't you be asleep? Shouldn't I be asleep?"

damn, failed this weeks spelling test already

yes, 3:07am, listening to the rain.
It's taken me since 9pm to tidy my games room - at least now i can see the floor....

Brofist

DCharlie said:
""Dickwad" is one word.</editor>
Shouldn't you be asleep? Shouldn't I be asleep?"

damn, failed this weeks spelling test already

yes, 3:07am, listening to the rain.
It's taken me since 9pm to tidy my games room - at least now i can see the floor....

gonna rain all weekend...another typhoon coming.

snapty00 said:
Well, Sony already said it was 2 hours under some circumstances, so there's not much they could say to legitimately fire back.

Circumstance: In Use, Games/Video
Expected Battery Life: 2 hours

Circumstance: In Use, Music
Expected Battery Life: 4 hours

Circumstance: Not In Use, Making You Look Cool On The Train
Expected Battery Life: 6 hours

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
the best sony can do is find the ultimate battery friendly game and retort...

"Look, go into sleep mode and the battery last for 3 hours!!"

DCharlie

"gonna rain all weekend...another typhoon coming."

fantastic , another 3 day weekend ruined....

All this raining is draining my psp's batteries

Brofist

borghe said:
the best sony can do is find the ultimate battery friendly game and retort...

"Look, go into sleep mode and the battery last for 3 hours!!"

I have to admit over the last month or so there have been numerous of funny battery jokes pertaining to the PSP. Yours was not one of them.

Sony already said that PSP isn't meant to be carried around with you. It's probably better if you just leave it plugged into the wall :D

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
kpop100 said:
I have to admit over the last month or so there have been numerous of funny battery jokes pertaining to the PSP. Yours was not one of them.

yet you take the time out of your day to comment.

I feel like the prettiest girl in the room.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I would love to see the PSP released with a 7 hour battery, so many fools that would make. I'm getting a PSP for sure, but I do enjoy the battery jokes. Bash the DS for only using the second screen for crappy maps and menus, and bashthe PSP for battery issues and overheating.

I'm just going to buy an Asian lovebride to go with my PSP, she'll just hold it with a battery pack while I play.

P90

seismologist said:
Sony already said that PSP isn't meant to be carried around with you. It's probably better if you just leave it plugged into the wall :D

Didn't Reggie call it a "portable console "?

seismologist said:
Sony already said that PSP isn't meant to be carried around with you. It's probably better if you just leave it plugged into the wall

Or plugged into the little woman accessory, sold by Ken Kutaragi for only 100000 yen! Coming soon to a street corner near you!

Grizzlyjin said:
I would love to see the PSP released with a 7 hour battery, so many fools that would make. I'm getting a PSP for sure, but I do enjoy the battery jokes. Bash the DS for only using the second screen for crappy maps and menus, and bashthe PSP for battery issues and overheating.

I'm just going to buy an Asian lovebride to go with my PSP, she'll just hold it with a battery pack while I play.

Heh, true. Imagine if they decide to bring it over here for less than $200 and it ends up having 6 or 7 hours of battery life? Damage control city.

Grizzlyjin said:
. Bash the DS for only using the second screen for crappy maps and menus,
QUOTE]

you must have missed the wario ware videos then. Dual screens will change the way we play CV (2d) on a portable forever too.

DCharlie

by the same token, what if it launches at $400 and actually only runs games for about 90 mins to 2 hours? then all the PSP fans get owned.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
TheGreenGiant said:
Grizzlyjin said:
. Bash the DS for only using the second screen for crappy maps and menus,

you must have missed the wario ware videos then. Dual screens will change the way we play CV (2d) on a portable forever too.

Actually I did miss the Wario Ware videos, but I trust you on that one. Seems like the type of game that would really take advantage of another screen or the use of the stylus.

Top Bottom