• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remnant 2 has to be one of the most poorly designed layouts of a game I've played

Sacred

I couldn't disagree more, I loved the pacing and multiple storylines for every area. After I beat the asshole of a final boss I was ready to jump back in and replay the new areas and get all the weapons and items I missed.

Ywap

Love the game myself but i did a mistake by playing it on Gamepass 😞

I'm thinking of buying the Ultimate Edition on Steam to get the DLC:s but i'm not 100% sure if i can transfer the save 🤔

winjer

Gold Member
Love the game myself but i did a mistake by playing it on Gamepass 😞

I'm thinking of buying the Ultimate Edition on Steam to get the DLC:s but i'm not 100% sure if i can transfer the save 🤔

The save files for the MS Store version are here:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\PerfectWorldEntertainment.GFREMP2_jrajkyc4tsa6w\SystemAppData\wgs\<user-id>\

Just copy the save files to the Steam version, that are here.
%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Remnant2\Steam\<user-id>\

I did buy the Ultimate Edition. But so far, it was not worth it. The first DLC was a very lazy job.
Most of it is just reused assets from the base game to make new levels. And the result is decent enough, but with a strong sense of deja vu.
There are several cool new amulets, weapons and items. But it doesn't make it worth while.
I can only hope the next DLCs are better than the one we got so far.

Last edited:

Ywap

The save files for the MS Store version are here:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\PerfectWorldEntertainment.GFREMP2_jrajkyc4tsa6w\SystemAppData\wgs\<user-id>\

Just copy the save files to the Steam version, that are here.
%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Remnant2\Steam\<user-id>\
Many thx, will try it 👍 I read somewhere that the files have to be from a game of the same version.

Ywap

Alright, i will try it and hope for the best!

I did one Veteran and one Nightmare playthrough. Now i'm on my third run, Nightmare again but i hope to face a different end-boss on Ńerud since i had the same on both previous runs. Planning on trying Apocalypse after 😨🤣

Last edited:

Ywap

Damn, this game is just too much fun!

Both DLC:s have been amazing imo. In wait for the last one i bought both DLC:s for the first game 🙌

Ywap

Wow, did not expect Remnant 1 to be this good!

If anyone have missed out on this gem do yourself a favour and get the Complete Edition asap 🥳

Plague Doctor

Gold Member
Played the first one and thought it was competent. My main issue is the world and the setting felt disjointed and didn't gel together. Like it was a slap dash of random nonsense. I heard the second one doesn't really do well to have a strong identity and it is more of the same.

Ywap

Played the first one and thought it was competent. My main issue is the world and the setting felt disjointed and didn't gel together. Like it was a slap dash of random nonsense. I heard the second one doesn't really do well to have a strong identity and it is more of the same.
I hear you and understand your criticism. Personally i feel the combat is so darn fun and how you get rewarded for completing dungeons/bosses is great. Trying different playstyles with different sets/weapons and rings is also very fun imo.

Did you play the Remnant 1 DLC stuff as well?

Last edited:
I've always looked at Remnant 1's level layout similar to that of Demon's Souls or Bloodborne, and less like Dark Souls 1 which sounds like more of what you're wanting.

Top Bottom