• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Renegade Ops |OT| PC lesser race finally joins in the battle against oppression

JMizzlin

Co-op'd it with a friend on 360. As pretty as it was I didn't like how repetitive and, frankly, boring the game was. Maybe I'm just bitter because the achievements weren't co-op (but seriously, what is with that?).

Sysgen

Eye Drop said:
Co-op'd it with a friend on 360. As pretty as it was I didn't like how repetitive and, frankly, boring the game was. Maybe I'm just bitter because the achievements weren't co-op (but seriously, what is with that?).

Well for those of us that don't frequently multi it's perfectly fine.

FearX

Neo Member
sooo im sitting in steam updating like crazy, and suddently it goes from 1h to 4 days and 1 hour ...

gg sega, you wont get my money for this beautifull game!

Mrbob

Here we go, how long before it is delayed again?

Edit: It really got pushed back again?!?! Ok this troll isn't funny anymore.

Mrbob

My release date just changed straight up to October 2011. No date on the calendar.

Get fucked, Sega. Seriously.

DaBuddaDa said:
The "Coming Soon" tab says October 23rd.

Mine says "Oct. 2011", no date.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Mrbob said:
Here we go, how long before it is delayed again?

Edit: It really got pushed back again?!?! Ok this troll isn't funny anymore.

4 days.

At this point I absolutely have to assume Sega is trying to kill the PC version for some reason.

There is no way they got to today and went "Nope, not releasing today, better delay it to sometime this month maybe. :D"

Akkad

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:
At this point I absolutely have to assume Sega is trying to kill the PC version for some reason.

There is no way they got to today and went "Nope, not releasing today, better delay it to sometime this month maybe. :D"

You have to understand Sega is a new indie publisher, they're not a giant corporation with a lot of money that's been around for a long fucking time.

DaBuddaDa

ShockingAlberto said:
Na, it's just incompetence in schedule management and a clear lack of communication between Sega and Valve. They went out of their way to program in all of that bonus Gordon Freeman Half-Life Dune Buggy bonus stuff. If they were going to can it they'd just can it, there would be no point in continually dragging it out.

duckroll

DaBuddaDa said:
Na, it's just incompetence in schedule management and a clear lack of communication between Sega and Valve. They went out of their way to program in all of that bonus Gordon Freeman Half-Life Dune Buggy bonus stuff. If they were going to can it they'd just can it, there would be no point in continually dragging it out.

No, it's really not. Valve has nothing to do with this. It is not really Valve's job to market the game or keep consumers informed about third party games. Sega just doesn't give a fuck about the customers. Pretty obvious.

DaBuddaDa

duckroll said:
No, it's really not. Valve has nothing to do with this. It is not really Valve's job to market the game or keep consumers informed about third party games. Sega just doesn't give a fuck about the customers. Pretty obvious.
I never said it was Valve's fault? Sega should have communicated to Valve that their game wasn't going to be ready sometime before the second it was scheduled to be released.

duckroll

DaBuddaDa said:
I never said it was Valve's fault?

I'm saying the problem is not the lack of communication between Sega and Valve. The problem is the lack of communication between Sega and the people who actually paid for their dogshit scam.

Psy-Phi

Hard to can when you've sold pre-orders. I wouldn't even know how a cancelled game would be taken care of through Steam that had pre-orders.

All I know is that this ish is ridiculous. I'm fine with delays, but delays the day of, constantly, is maddening.

I wish now that I hadn't bought a 4 pack, because I know that brings a whole other can of worms to the cancellation....and I am ready to cancel the hell out of this pre-order.

Sega already treads on thin ice with regards to my respect these days. This is only making me write off Sega completely. (who am I kidding, the SMS and Genesis days will forever give Sega a soft spot in my heart, which is why this hurts).

F!ReW!Re

Ha even though I got this game for free from a friend (Thanks Iso) I still think sega is fucking us over.

The delay wouldn't be a problem, just give us some fucking info!

I'll keep a close eye next time sega allows pre-orders...

Ceebs

Fucking hell Sega. I am giving Avalanche the benefit of the doubt and saying this is all on Sega continuing their streak of being 100% inept at all they do.

At least I just bought Dungeon Defenders to play this week.

Keasar

.....Fuck this, Im gonna play Dungeon Defenders instead and then Battlefield 3 is gonna take all my time when it comes out.

Seriously, have they even released at least a message saying "We are sorry for delaying the game."?

Isomac

F!ReW!Re said:
Ha even though I got this game for free from a friend (Thanks Iso) I still think sega is fucking us over.

The delay wouldn't be a problem, just give us some fucking info!

I'll keep a close eye next time sega allows pre-orders...

100% agreed. This is just ridiculous.

At least Sword of the Stars 2 should release next week.

Ouch.

This coupled with the shitty Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing release does not instill confidence for the future Sonic Generations PC release. Get your shit together, Sega!

.nimrod

What the fuck? It's delayed again?

I bought this game to have something to play between the BF3 beta and it's release, and at this point i'm not sure i'm even interested anymore.

And why is none of the gaming "journalists" behind this and tries to get an official word?

I'm pissed.

Volcynika

Twitter:

SEGA
The PC Digital release of Renegade Ops has been delayed for further optimization of the game. New release info soon, feedback welcome.

SEGA
Clarifying on Renegade Ops Feedback, I'm sending a report to internal teams - so anything is welcome, your voices will be heard.

Bumhead

Banned
I've just tweeted them..

@Taprepeatedly
Tap-Repeatedly
@SEGA To delay the game again on the exact same day that it was due to release is ridiculous, especially given the lack of communication..

@Taprepeatedly
Tap-Repeatedly
@SEGA I know that's not very constructive but just thought you should know. If it was clearly never releasing today, you should have said so

Their response:

@SEGA
SEGA
@Taprepeatedly Very sorry, this is a start for communication and I want it to go in both directions. Feedback will go up the chain

Not sure how serious they're taking this, but it's really not great. I would advise anyone who is pissed about this to get in touch with them via Twitter. They responded to me instantly.

Top Bottom