• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Renegade Ops |OT| PC lesser race finally joins in the battle against oppression

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
It says competitive when you access the online portion of the game and for co-op it says it's local only. When I entered the lobby for level 9, three other players were there trying to get ready. I exited the lobby once I saw that it was level 9. I believe you'll still be able to play the missions with 3 other people, but you're competing for points. That's my guess. I'll try it today after work and post details if any other gaffers haven't by then.

By the way, I love how all the trophies/achievements are single player oriented. There isn't a single online achievement/trophy. :bow to the developer.

Played two missions in singleplayer and one in multiplayer. It's definitely fun, but I suspect variety will be a problem. Fells like I'm already kind of done with the game. :p

And for clarification: The multiplayer was the exact same singleplayer mission with three other guys.

JJD

I'm loving this game! Hopefully EA takes notice and starts a new entry on the Strike series on Frostbyte 2!!!

Weenerz

Banned
Wow, it's out on both consoles, but it still doesn't have a specific release date for PC? I pre-ordered this in early August, I just want to play =(

Triple Oceans said:
Is this one of those games where if it doesn't have a good online community the single player will get boring fast?
Nah, multiplayer didn't make much of a difference to me. I only played with strangers, though. Maybe it's more interesting with friends.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Just played the first level. Love this game. It is GREAT.

Just Cause guys know how to blow shit up awesome.

GeoramA

Already on Mission 5. This game's fucking addicting!

Playing as Armand. For me, his shield ability is the best of 4 special abilities. Rockets kill you fast, but with the shield on they just bounce right off you.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
GeoramA said:
Already on Mission 5. This game's fucking addicting!

Playing as Armand. For me, his shield ability is the best of 4 special abilities. Rockets kill you fast, but with the shield on they just bounce right off you.
Same here...really like how you have to hold the LT to have the armor up. Lvl 30 and just starting Mission 6 with Armond on Normal.

Holy shit this one blew me away. Massive tease
jumping into the heli
and then having the demo end, but whatever. I just played it over and over...

Definitely picking it up tonight when it's on the Aus store.

Daigoro

SapientWolf said:
Renegade Ops is up on the XBox 360 right now. It could end up on Steam too in a few hours.

wtf is this stealth release shit? (or is the OP just wrong?) fuck.

kind of wishing i didnt just drop 1200 pts on XBL this morning...

Yaboosh said:
I am in on a four pack if anybody buys.
Oh wow it's much cheaper in the 4 pack , I'd like in on that too. (or I could host one tomorrow, saves me from having to upload funds to paypal which always takes 3 days for me)

I meant to buy this last night but I forgot... I think. I don't remember :/
Anyways, how are people finding it in depth? I loved the look but it looked like it might get boring. People seems to be confused about the MP on this page, does anyone know for sure about campaigh co-op and MP?

Edgeward

Online is co-op, it just ranks at the end who has the most points. That's it. Let's stop with the FUD and go get this game. It's so fun.

And depth? How much depth did you find in Jackal (if you played that game)? You run around shoot shit and blow up stuff while driving around. And gain points to upgrade abilities. It's an arcade experience thru and thru.

Your machine gun has to be upgraded in game using power-ups and resets every mission, nothing too bad as you get it upgraded pretty quickly.

Edgeward said:
Online is co-op, it just ranks at the end who has the most points. That's it. Let's stop with the FUD and go get this game. It's so fun.

And depth? How much depth did you find in Jackal (if you played that game)? You run around shoot shit and blow up stuff while driving around. And gain points to upgrade abilities.

Your machine gun has to be upgraded in game using power-ups and resets every mission, nothing too bad as you get it upgraded pretty quickly.
thank you for the info but come on no one is putting up FUD. People just didn't know the answers, that's all.

Edgeward

Slaughterking already answered in post #202 that it was the exact same, I assumed it was FUD because people didn't believe it still. My apologies if you just missed it.

Adam J.

Played the demo--definitely buying this as soon as I get the time and MS points. Cant believe how incredible smooth the graphics are (the explosions and dust kick-ups look phenomenal!) Took me a little while to warm up to the looseness of the driving controls, but they're damn good once you stop wanting the vehicle to control like a Shock Trooper.

Just played a little bit of the 360 demo. What the hell is up with the microstutter in the game? Horrible. Game seems pretty good, otherwise. Will probably get it on pc instead eventually when a sale comes along.

It's not great that you can equip only four upgrades. It's kinda difficult to decide what to take with you and what not. I wish the game was balanced so that you could use every upgrade at the same time.

Edgeward said:

And depth? How much depth did you find in Jackal (if you played that game)? You run around shoot shit and blow up stuff while driving around. And gain points to upgrade abilities. It's an arcade experience thru and thru.

What's FUD? Also, I'm having a hard time deciding between PS3 or 360 to get this game for. Any suggestions?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Just finished the first mission, its definitely the most fun arcade game I've played this year. The difficulty is a bit on the higher side though, had to change it to easy.

tusken77 said:
Sounds like the PS3 version runs slightly smoother.

Dunno if that's true. Don't notice any difference, but will try again. Well, I have my friends on xbla so I bought that version and I think the graphics on xbox are sharper.

edit: just tried the PS3 demo again tbh...the PS3 version seems to be running smoother indeed. What's very strange...the xbla demo seems to be running than the retail version....wtf?

Scotch

What's the point of offering PC preorders if you can't even give us a goddamn releasedate, SEGA? Fuckin bullshit.

Duallusion

Is there a game+? Very much liked the demo - nice engine, nice flow to it. Coupled with leveling-up mechanic and I'm really interested. Game+ would be the icing on the cupcake for me.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Duallusion said:
Is there a game+? Very much liked the demo - nice engine, nice flow to it. Coupled with leveling-up mechanic and I'm really interested. Game+ would be the icing on the cupcake for me.
Well your characters keep their levels and you can replay levels as much as you want so yes there is a sort of Game+.

wouwie

Liked the demo a lot so went ahead and just bought it. Game looks great and is smooth. I'm slowly getting used to the controls. However, is this game hard or what? Can't get past the demo level in normal difficulty so i had to lower to casual to finish the demo. Going to try playing on normal though on the full game.

I don't find it hard at all honestly. I rushed through normal very quickly; and now I'm playing on hardcore and I think it has a pretty balanced difficulty.

Top Bottom