• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Republican Debate 6 [Fox Business] Super PAC Fighter 2 Turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's too bad this debate doesn't have an awesome location to match the OP. The Reagan Library debate would've been perfect with the Street Fighter theme.

bloomberg_gop_debate_reagan_library_1600px.jpg

HylianTom

Banned
Their time has already passed. The supporters who are showing up to Trump's rallies aren't simply going to vanish. Cruz might have a chance, but it seems totally implausible at this point that an establishment savior will rise.
That's my hunch. The establishment passed that windmill a while ago.

Sam Wang has published his breakdown on how the delegate math could shake-out:
GOP Nomination Rules Tilt the Playing Field toward Donald Trump

deadlast

Trump has been slowly teasing Cruz's eligibility, and intelligently doing it subtly

Cruz is toast when South Carolina rolls in

Yeah but Cruz has the backwoods duck dynasty support. I have no idea if that helps. But rednecks usually get their information from other rednecks.

This is TONIGHT? Damn, and I follow this stuff. FBN gives zero fucks about hyping and advertising their debates, apparently. CNN has done a masterful job of it, for a better example.

On the left of the stage--The Establishment! On the right, Those Meddling Kids™! And, inexplicably, there's an old PC prompt-locked on the far right, with the system sound set to a wet fart.

Cruz is in line for a beating, between the opportunistic hosts, the hilarious Canadian thing, and this new sorta-actually-an-issue-worth-discussing campaign finance situation. My booze is ready!

This is TONIGHT? Damn, and I follow this stuff. FBN gives zero fucks about hyping and advertising their debates, apparently. CNN has done a masterful job of it, for a better example.

On the left of the stage--The Establishment! On the right, Those Meddling Kids™! And, inexplicably, there's an old PC prompt-locked on the far right, with the system sound set to a wet fart.

Cruz is in line for a beating, between the opportunistic hosts, the hilarious Canadian thing, and this new sorta-actually-an-issue-worth-discussing campaign finance situation. My booze is ready!

dont forget the dem debate this weekend! lolol

Yeah but Cruz has the backwoods duck dynasty support. I have no idea if that helps. But rednecks usually get their information from other rednecks.

a high percentage of Cruz supporters DON'T KNOW where he was born.

Trump has been doing internal polling and seeing favorable results for himself when he informs voters that Cruz was NOT BORN in the US.

Rand Paul has too much pride to be in the kiddie table debate. I think he's boycotting this debate in hopes of getting on the main stage in the big debate 2 weeks from now. That's a bold strategy Cotton lets see if it pays off

deadlast

a high percentage of Cruz supporters DON'T KNOW where he was born.

Trump has been doing internal polling and seeing favorable results for himself when he informs voters that Cruz was NOT BORN in the US.

I'm looking forward to the Birther attacks. I have read many pro-Cruz comments saying it's not an issue. But I am positive minds will be changed after tonight.

Makai

Man, I hope the OP can be topped for the next debate. Absolutely sensational.
We get weekly debates when the primaries start in two weeks. B-Dubs has Iowa, then I'm back for New Hampshire and South Carolina.

Open to theme requests. Game of Thrones is a given for Super Tuesday.

TyrantII

it's really their own fault, they let the teaparty rise to power and created a message of fear which drove their members over the edge.

The teaparty was just the beginning of the end. This was the eventual outcome of the southern strategy / rise of the echo chsmber started 40 years ago.

It's hard to point where it wnet critical mass and ran away, but it was further back than the rise of the teaparty

RPGCrazied

I hope Cruz and Trump go at it tonight. To see them both combust in front of my eyes, is something I've been wanting to see since this all started last year.

Sagroth

I hope Cruz and Trump go at it tonight. To see them both combust in front of my eyes, is something I've been wanting to see since this all started last year.

I'm expecting a dogpile on Cruz tonight. His birth/eligibility and the recent campaign finance thing are too good to pass up, and the RNC despises him anyhow. He's also the biggest threat to Trump right now, so expect Trump to gleefully join in.

Excellent OP, by the way Makai.

rjinaz

Limbaugh convinced Republicans are purposely driving away people out of the party. Just saw this on CNN. I'm loving it tm.

20 mins until fox business predebate coverage.

I have a feeling this one will be good. It really is at the point where if they don't do something, anything, to destroy Trump, he's going to run away with this thing. They can't just let him do what he's been doing. And Cruz will be in a lot of their targets because he's the number two. Plus I imagine Bush and Rubio will be at each other's throats, since there can be only one. Everyone except Trump needs to be out for blood if they want a chance of winning.

RPGCrazied

I'm expecting a dogpile on Cruz tonight. His birth/eligibility and the recent campaign finance thing are too good to pass up, and the RNC despises him anyhow. He's also the biggest threat to Trump right now, so expect Trump to gleefully join in.

Excellent OP, by the way Makai.

Yeah, but Trump is the most successful, hate to say it. It would be better to get him out first, then Cruz. Cruz doesn't have the fame or backing that Trump has. He alone should be easy enough.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
WOOOOO so hype! Get em Trump!

Edit: N Charleston PAC? How dare they sully that place :( I've seen Wait Wait and Rod y Gab there, nice venue. Fucking SC lol

rjinaz

Clinton rep on MSNBC surprised Sander's is reacting negatively or reacting at all. What did Clinton think, she could say what she wanted negatively about Bernie's policies and Bernie would stay mum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom