• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Republican Debate 6 [Fox Business] Super PAC Fighter 2 Turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

najehe

Banned
Glad Carly is back in the undercard. I got tired of her "voice of reason" shtick when there would be a heated exchange between candidates. It was annoying and so clearly disingenuous.

Ultratech

Came for amazing OP and wasn't disappointed.

For as much as I don't care for Politics (in general), this election season has been pretty hilarious.

Sianos

glorious, glorious op

this debate is being done on fox business over a lan so the candidates fighters can't blame the liberal media lag for their absolutely inane answers dropped combos

Makai

I had to do Street Fighter 2 and Mortal Kombat 1 because they had exactly the same cast sizes as the parties. Open to theme requests for the next thread I do. That's how I picked Star Wars.

The hate is swelling in you now.
EkoRP.gif

ApharmdX

Banned
Fantastic OP.

What's everyone drinking for this debate? I had red wine for the last one. This time I'm thinking something stronger- Jack Daniels, as we approach Iowa with Trump and Cruz as the frontrunners.

Anyone know if there's an easy way to stream this debate over a Chromecast? I know I can just watch it on the Fox website and cast the tab, but that's iffy sometimes so I was wondering if there were any alternatives.

rjinaz

Should be a good debate. We're so close to actual voting, I imagine the candidates will be getting more serious, and maybe more desperate. Looking forward to tomorrow. It's always a good excuse to drink during the weekday for me :p

mclem

Another debate?!

I didn't realize they were going to have this many just to select a nominee.

The Republican base has spoken for the most part, judging by the polls these past several months.

"We're gonna keep having debates until the base gets it right!"

Why is Freddie Mercury a moderator?

If Trump is still on top by the final debate, then we need to consider a Revelations of St. John theme, since there's a good chance we'd literally be on the road to Armageddon...

Why is Freddie Mercury a moderator?

Believe it or not, that's actually what John Stossel looks like...

RPGCrazied

Hope Trump gets a faulty mic again. Did you seem him last night in Florida? He got visibly irritate, and chewed out the person that set it up, yelling "Don't pay him!"

I was expecting for him to start foaming at the mouth.

And people want him President. He can't even show some patience or restraint, and has no fucking clue what the Nuclear Triad is. What a tool.

People want him in power. Talk about people not giving a shit about its citizens or country.

Makai

Hope Trump gets a faulty mic again. Did you seem him last night in Florida? He got visibly irritate, and chewed out the person that set it up, yelling "Don't pay him!"

I was expecting for him to start foaming at the mouth.

And people want him President. He can't even show some patience or restraint, and has no fucking clue what the Nuclear Triad is. What a tool.

People want him in power. Talk about people not giving a shit about its citizens or country.
Just vote, dude. More effective than hoping for divine intervention.

params7

Banned
Disappointed in no Rand Paul. Have no clue how Christie made it to the main and Paul didn't. And he's too proud to show up in the undercard debate.

HylianTom

Banned
Thursday’s Debate Is Make-or-Break for the GOP Establishment

That “establishment lane,” in other words, is a total mess. It has reached a point where the least far-fetched scenario for a party-insider comeback involves Rubio failing to win in Iowa, failing to win in New Hampshire, and failing to win South Carolina, then somehow managing to pull it together in time to win the Nevada caucuses, despite trailing badly there, too. As implausible as this sounds, it also requires assuming Trump and Cruz benefit in no meaningful way from their early victories, or from the presumed departures of Bush, Kasich, Christie, Fiorina, Huckabee, Carson, Rick Santorum, and Rand Paul.

This is a comically narrow path. Narrower even than Trump’s, which runs through winning several early contests, and then winning many later ones.

To widen it, Rubio needs to pull himself out of his ongoing political skirmishes with Christie and Bush, and do what nobody else thus far has been able to do with consistent success: draw down Trump’s and Cruz’s support by winning over their supporters. It’s unlikely all of that will transpire in just one debate. But if none of it does—if Rubio gets drawn back into arguments with lower-tier candidates, and Trump and Cruz continue to over-perform—it will be time for party insiders to stop fantasizing about a comeback narrative, and start thinking about which of two evils they fear less.

The Democratic side of the bracket still looks like a game of pattycake compared to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom