• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Research Finds Huge Differences Between Male and Female Brains

cebri.one

The female fingerprints of brain activity were quite different from the male fingerprints of resting brain activity, with no overlap. These findings strongly suggest that what’s going on in a woman’s brain at rest is significantly different from what’s going on in a man’s brain at rest.

Our results provide the most compelling and generalizable evidence to date, refuting this continuum hypothesis and firmly demonstrating sex differences in the functional organization of the human brain

DgFNR6k.jpeg

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
“I have to admit that I was really surprised by these results. I have been writing about these topics for more than 20 years. In the first edition of my book Why Gender Matters, published by Doubleday in 2005, I devoted a chapter to kids who are psychologically “gender-atypical.” I suggested that these kids are somewhere in between male and female. But the Stanford study provides little support for that claim. I am hopeful that the researchers will do follow-up studies specifically looking at individuals who are gender-nonconforming, gender-atypical, and who have gender dysphoria, to see whether and how those characteristics influence these findings.”

Oh sweet summer child.

“I have to admit that I was really surprised by these results. I have been writing about these topics for more than 20 years. In the first edition of my book Why Gender Matters, published by Doubleday in 2005, I devoted a chapter to kids who are psychologically “gender-atypical.” I suggested that these kids are somewhere in between male and female. But the Stanford study provides little support for that claim. I am hopeful that the researchers will do follow-up studies specifically looking at individuals who are gender-nonconforming, gender-atypical, and who have gender dysphoria, to see whether and how those characteristics influence these findings.”

Oh sweet summer child.
Reality tends to take off the baby gloves before punching you in the mouth

Dr.Morris79

As good as that was back then (The show) it's quite ironic how much of it is true in regards to what we're seeing today as a result of so called 'educated women'

You'd have to be a complete twonk to not notice that whenever a few women have a 'great idea', things turn to some form misery for others, even other women. Well, mostly other women on most occasions.

DEI in your cornflakes? Women lead

Feminism, causing other women to not want to seek partnership till it's too late causing depression, etc etc? Women

Star Wars dying on it's arse? Women

Illegal migrants flooding your shores, most with utterly shit views on women? Liberal women

Men in women's spaces/sports? Liberal women

HR departments that make life hell for men and are total bitches to other women? Yeah, that's women

Ever worked in an office that's all women and mostly middle aged women? It's hell, their snipy, bitchy, cruel to each other and most are on the verge of breakdowns? Women

Now I know they'll be the come back of 'You're wrong, and a knob'. And true, I'm a knob. But like I said, you'd have to be a complete twonk not to notice..

Either that, or you haven't worked along side a lot of women.

Give me a building site with ten blokes than an office of bitchy women anyday. I've worked both on more than a few occasions.

Don't shoot me. I've just lived too long :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Dr.Morris79

I knew there'd be one :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I'm talking about western work places (y)

You either get it, or you don't 🤷‍♂️

Now before lining up another whitty comeback. Refute the points I made where females have made these things worse in the fields I stated. Tell me how they're better, even for women. I'll wait.
Or better yet. Just go and work in an environment where you are the only male thats semi good looking. That'll straighten you out somewhat on how women really operate :messenger_tears_of_joy:

tommib

Gold Member
Or better yet. Just go and work in an environment where you are the only male thats semi good looking. That'll straighten you out somewhat on how women really operate :messenger_tears_of_joy:
digging role playing GIF by Hyper RPG

I’ll just say that I’m the hottest man on my team (I’m just super handsome in general) and 80% of the higher ups are women, including my direct manager who I report to. Couldn’t work on a better team. Super chill, no drama, been here for 7 years because of that.

But I can’t talk too much, I’m still finishing my DEI cornflakes. Will get back after.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
I thought this was old news? That male and female brains are different in ways, same with other species of mammals. But I honestly can't recall where I read that. Probably some Scientific American article.

BlackTron

What could have been an interesting thread about the functional differences between men and women is of course immediately shoved as scientific proof that women are responsible for all problems plaguing society (which we already knew, but here's the proof lol)

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Yeah I don’t think it’s possible for a woman to have a nothing box in their brain like men do. Honestly that “ahhh” feeling that comes with opening it. One of the best feelings in the world for me.

But that said
I’d probably I’d probably end up living in a shit hole. With fuck all money and in a shit state if it weren’t for my wife kicking my arse Into shape when I first met her. I’m truly grateful for her.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
digging role playing GIF by Hyper RPG

I’ll just say that I’m the hottest man on my team (I’m just super handsome in general) and 80% of the higher ups are women, including my direct manager who I report to. Couldn’t work on a better team. Super chill, no drama, been here for 7 years because of that.

But I can’t talk too much, I’m still finishing my DEI cornflakes. Will get back after.

The best programmer and also the most talented DB admin I know are women. Young at that.

Mistake

Oh sweet summer child.
My previous "they/them" roommate, a woman, was also one of the most feminine and emotional people I've ever met, excluding her looks. It's really sad how self-destructive women have become with this nonsense, sacrificing their physical and mental health over this perceived good they're doing. I've traveled a large portion of the planet, interacted with thousands of people, and only the western nations are this messed up. I guess stanford never heard of Occam's razor.
What could have been an interesting thread about the functional differences between men and women is of course immediately shoved as scientific proof that women are responsible for all problems plaguing society (which we already knew, but here's the proof lol)
Men are equally guilty for not putting their balls on the table. Hence the societal imbalance

Last edited:
I do find it hilarious how all the sexual topics are a taboo because "they are too young for that stuff" yet - "changing the gender? for sure 5 year old kid knows what he is doing" 🤣
And also 5 year old kid: "I want to be a cat". Furry nation: ....

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I’m guessing the reaction to this will be: “we need to suppress this because it’ll be used as a basis for discrimination against women”

And maybe some of: “well gee whiz what an uninteresting thing to research, I can’t even understand why someone would spend their precious time investigating a thing like this that doesn’t matter, they must’ve been motivated by sexism”

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I do find it hilarious how all the sexual topics are a taboo because "they are too young for that stuff" yet - "changing the gender? for sure 5 year old kid knows what he is doing" 🤣
And also 5 year old kid: "I want to be a cat". Furry nation: ....
And “gender is a social construct” and also “if a kid is transgender then they need to be given puberty blockers, hormone treatments, and surgery”

BlackTron

It's really sad how self-destructive women have become with this nonsense, sacrificing their physical and mental health over this perceived good they're doing.

I've mentioned this elsewhere but I do think that certain non-Western powers actively encourage the more impressionable constituents to keep fighting for their "perceived good" to create further weakness.

Men are equally guilty for not putting their balls on the table. Hence the societal imbalance

I agree. The individual man is in a worse spot because his brethren have screwed up the dynamics.

Fbh

This has always been fairly obvious to anyone who has interacted regularly with people from the other sex/gender.
But it's always nice to get additional evidence to counter the idiotic "it's just a social construct" argument.

Did you just assume their genders?

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
I’m pretty sure women don’t think about the Holy Roman Empire nearly as much as men do.

Research has shown that men think about the Roman Empire daily. And rightly so! But few people bother with the Holy Roman Empire - except German and Austrian pupils during history lessons.

2180px-RomanEmpire_117.svg_.png

qmg-hre-u48-q01.png

Top Bottom