• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Noi

Because monsters are meanies and you should feel bad for being a meanie!

Because meanies are the greetest.

Even on Amateur, I love ruining people's runs. Creature Offense Level 3~ >:D

You'll probably love the monster-based DLC modes that are coming soon for Mercenaries DLC.

We'll see! I mostly like the aspect of invading people's games and crashing their party, but it doesn't help that the enemies are also really fun to play as. A shame you can only spawn as the knife Neo Umbrella J'avo on the Chris/Piers map though, since I would have loved being one of those annoying snipers. :(

ironcreed

Banned
Just beat Chris's campaign and am glad it's over. The boss was cake, but it was just so damn tedious because I had no ammo.
Had to run around and order Piers to attack with his lightning powers while we were in a flooded room, lol. I could only wait around and attack with my knife at the right time and it made the boss fight incredibly stale and drawn out.

With that, I am going to take a break from this game before I play with Jake. Chris's campaign was just not fun at all and really soured me on the game. Every time a bright spot tried to shine, it ended up being coated in shit.
Kind of like how Piers looked at the end.
The more I play this, the more I really just want to go back and play RE4 and RE5. I started off loving it, but it ended up just being way too half-baked and sloppy.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Because meanies are the greetest.

Even on Amateur, I love ruining people's runs. Creature Offense Level 3~ >:D

I felt kind of bad in Jake's chapter 3. I was playing with a friend who isn't the best at video games so we were playing on Amateur. Someone joined us playing Agent Hunt, and I completely mowed them with the Stun Rod. It was below my level of difficulty so I was challenging myself to an all stun rod run, and I was just killing everything and getting monsters stuck in a daze of stun rod fury. The player was good-spirited about it though and kept on playing to the bitter end of the section.

Bladenic

a few days or weeks
wouldn't be bad, guess it was just them trying to match up the campaigns

didn't even like the
Harrier
?

Not particularly, controls felt too floaty (though maybe that's realistic? lol idk).

Another weird thing I thought about. Nothing will ever top the RE5 volcano crash for "how the fuq did they survive that?", but RE6 sure tried it's best, almost exclusively with Leon and Helena.
Car flips, bus crash, helicopter crashes, falls from huge heights, explosions and getting thrown into cars... and of course the casual survival of an AIRPLANE crash.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The whole premise of Sherry being in the game is just a little too weird to me. I haven't done the Jake chapter yet but everyone is like, "Sherry Birkin? Oh. ok."

I'm like SHE HAS BEEN MIA FOR 10 YEARS SOMEONE SAY SOMETHING

Neiteio

We'll see! I mostly like the aspect of invading people's games and crashing their party, but it doesn't help that the enemies are also really fun to play as. A shame you can only spawn as the knife Neo Umbrella J'avo on the Chris/Piers map though, since I would have loved being one of those annoying snipers. :(
Oh man, you could be a colossal dick as a sniper in Agent Hunt.

Noi

I did think
her and jake being captured for 6 months
was kinda stupid though.

It was weirder when
Sherry phones in to Simmons to let her known she and Jake are alright, but neither her nor the person she calls mentions at all that they've been missing for six months
, haha.

Neiteio

The whole premise of Sherry begin in the game is just a little too weird to me. I haven't done the Jake chapter yet but everyone is like, "Sherry Birkin? Oh. ok."

It's explained she was in government custody being poked and prodded with scientists curious about her G-Virus (goddamn, almost wrote g-spot), and when she was given the opportunity to have "freedom" as an agent (with a special power, as you'll find out), she followed in the footsteps of Claire and Leon, who stayed her friend through those years.

Agent Hunt is all I'm playing now. Why does it not give me skill points for winning, Capcom? :(

Good luck. When you only find people playing on amateur or basically "invincible mode" (grab 3 times with regenerator, acid... 30 attacks overall... and my offense was lvl3) just to be shot by infinite ammo over and over because he doesn't give a single fuck about the near-inexistent damage, you'll stop playing.

Two things that must be fixed so agent hunt works:

-AI being kill-able would be nice, but probably flawed. So this would be a "maybe"

-Infinite ammo disabled. I mean, what the fuck capcom? that's a given. (at least add a filter)

-Difficulty settings for agent hunt should always be veteran or pro. Even if they are on a lower campaign, the damage they'll receive from hunters will at least be "veteran".

-friendly fire should be on, or something one can filter.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
The whole premise of Sherry begin in the game is just a little too weird to me. I haven't done the Jake chapter yet but everyone is like, "Sherry Birkin? Oh. ok."

Well it is explained in the game. It's not a very unexpected reason, but it is a sensible reason. It also helps that Jake and Sherry are both very interesting characters in this and work well off each other.

Trigger

I sorta wonder why they decided to make Sherry a playable character over say Claire, Rebecca, or Jill. Plot justifications aside, Claire's personality would've suited Jake's more.

Good luck. When you only find people playing on amateur or basically "invincible mode" (grab 3 times with regenerator, acid... 30 attacks overall... and my offense was lvl3) just to be shot by infinite ammo over and over because he doesn't give a single fuck about the near-inexistent damage, you'll stop playing.

-AI being kill-able would be nice, but probably flawed. So this would be a "maybe"

-Infinite ammo disabled. I mean, what the fuck capcom? that's a given. (at least add a filter)

-Difficulty settings for agent hunt should always be veteran or pro. Even if they are on a lower campaign, the damage they'll receive from hunters will at least be "veteran".

-friendly fire should be on, or something one can filter.

someone joined my game the first round I had infinite ammo magnum activated,
I laughed so hard.

Noi

I felt kind of bad in Jake's chapter 3. I was playing with a friend who isn't the best at video games so we were playing on Amateur. Someone joined us playing Agent Hunt, and I completely mowed them with the Stun Rod. It was below my level of difficulty so I was challenging myself to an all stun rod run, and I was just killing everything and getting monsters stuck in a daze of stun rod fury. The player was good-spirited about it though and kept on playing to the bitter end of the section.

Haha, I know the feeling when I get matched up against good agents on Amateur. I don't have much experience against Sherry/Jake because I never get to play in those segments, but I love the few times I do cause of the Strelats. Playing any Rasklapanje map is pretty damn fun too.

-Infinite ammo disabled. I mean, what the fuck capcom? that's a given.

My beefs with agent hunt are less the actual game parts and more the connectivity. Primarily, not joining a game kicking you back to the Extra Content menu (which voids the purpose of "Quick Match") and not having a list of games to join in like in the campaign. I don't mind playing Leon/Helena segments too much, but I've only played a Jake/Sherry segment TWICE. And they have the best J'avo to play as!

So far, the only games I've quit out of are Chris/Piers on Amateur solo, partially due to the knife J'avo being kind of "eh" and AI Piers/Chris being too good on Amateur. The rest of the maps though, I just roll with Creature Offense Lv3 and put in a bit more work. If I settled for JUST Veteran or Higher, I'd never get into a game. I need to work up the leaderboards!

Bladenic

I sorta wonder why they decided to make Sherry a playable character over say Claire, Rebecca, or Jill. Plot justifications aside, Claire's personality would've suited Jake's more.

Who's Rebecca?

And yeah the whole
six month thing was a little hard to believe.
Could have been handled better. Oh well.

DonMigs85

Finished Jake and Sherry's campaign on Professional yesterday. Am now chapter 2 on Chris' campaign (playing as Piers).
My major beefs are stumbling over when losing a block of health and sudden QTEs but overall I'm enjoying the game so far.

Bladenic, how could you forget Rebecca Chambers with her cute butt?

Neiteio

Wait, how does the Rasklapanje work in Agent Hunt? Can you control the body parts separate from the body and grow into multiples of yourself? :p

Haha, I know the feeling when I get matched up against good agents on Amateur. I don't have much experience against Sherry/Jake because I never get to play in those segments, but I love the few times I do cause of the Strelats. Playing any Rasklapanje map is pretty damn fun too.

My beefs with agent hunt are less the actual game parts and more the connectivity. Primarily, not joining a game kicking you back to the Extra Content menu (which voids the purpose of "Quick Match") and not having a list of games to join in like in the campaign. I don't mind playing Leon/Helena segments too much, but I've only played a Jake/Sherry segment ONCE. And they have the best J'avo to play as!

So far, the only games I've quit out of are Chris/Piers on Amateur solo, partially due to the knife J'avo being kind of "eh" and AI Piers/Chris being too good on Amateur. The rest of the maps though, I just roll with Creature Offense Lv3 and put in a bit more work. If I settled for JUST Veteran or Higher, I'd never get into a game. I need to work up the leaderboards!

I know right? I also voiced my concern about the lack of a "retry" button, because you have to set your abilities. But I tell you, I don't know if that was just amateur or the guy simply was cheating with a glitch or something. He was invincible, no other way to look at it.

But I love the mode, specially the way it's so hard to control them... well, except for Pinsir mutation. That one totally sucks.

Wait, how does the Rasklapanje work in Agent Hunt? Can you control the body parts separate from the body and grow into multiples of yourself? :p

You can control either part, or reconstruct yourself. You dont duplicate. They don't duplicate. Impregnating never felt so good.

Seems like all 3 characters have a crappy chapter 2. But half of Jakes is pretty good and still at the beginning of Leon's now.

No spoilers

Chris chapter 2 - No ammo for what it's trying to accomplish here.

Jakes chapter 2 - Really? This navigation is fucking retarded. It's telling me to go in 1000s directions an fuck those respawning enemies with guns.

Leon's chapter 2 - I really need to find this item?

I will say the game has some moments of fun though. I really like the Nemesis creature in Jakes games. I would like to see it expanded upon.

Noi

You start off as one whole body, with ability to throw your hand or grab. When you get shot enough times, you split into upper and lower half, which you can select which one to control with the d-pad. The one you aren't controlling at the time is AI controlled. When split up, you still have the ability to join the upper and lower bodies back together~

But I love the mode, specially the way it's so hard to control them... well, except for Pinsir mutation. That one totally sucks.

LOL. I just ended a game where I killed a Chris with the Pinsir/Smech, but he was AFK. Piers kept trying to shoot me while I spent a minute trying to figure out how he even attacks, then another crushing Chris over and over. I'm sure it was on Amateur too.

Neiteio

Did someone just say Leon's Chapter 2 is crappy? :O

I thought that chapter was perfect, like a missing act from RE4 or something. Amazing atmosphere with the rain at night, amazing settings from start to finish, amazing mid-boss, amazing final boss, great character build-up with the boss, a cool revelation with the "hatching," cool L4D-style holdout, the NPCs, the puzzles, etc. Just perfect.

You start off as one whole body, with ability to throw your hand or grab. When you get shot enough times, you split into upper and lower half, which you can select which one to control with the d-pad. The one you aren't controlling at the time is AI controlled. When split up, you still have the ability to join the upper and lower bodies back together~
Holy shit! That's awesome!

Noi

Holy shit! That's awesome!

Figuring out the little things you can do with enemies is what keeps making me come back to Agent Hunt. This is again partially due to poor documentation, but the knife Umbrella J'avo actually have 3 attacks. Two of them are completely useless because they literally take 5 seconds for the attack to come out and you have to be in close range, but the third attack is basically using the knife like the survival/combat knife, only the attacks listed on the bottom of the screen never mention that. Same with being able to pounce on enemies with any zombie that isn't holding anything by sprinting and pressing L1. :| I hated playing as both until I figured those out on my own.

Bladenic

Just signed up and linked on RE.net, will it update and give me points for all the stuff I've already done, or am I screwed?

Figuring out the little things you can do with enemies is what keeps making me come back to Agent Hunt. This is again partially due to poor documentation, but the knife Umbrella J'avo actually have 3 attacks. Two of them are completely useless because they literally take 5 seconds for the attack to come out and you have to be in close range, but the third attack is basically using the knife like the survival/combat knife, only the attacks listed on the bottom of the screen never mention that. Same with being able to pounce on enemies with any zombie that isn't holding anything by sprinting and pressing L1. :| I hated playing as both until I figured those out on my own.

Stop saying everything i've already said! It's like you're me!

L1->R1 slash ftw. I've killed some people spamming those lol.

Noi

Stop saying everything i've already said! It's like you're me!

L1->R1 slash ftw. I've killed some people spamming those lol.

Hey, he asked and seemed curious about it.
KuGsj.gif

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
After all the gnashing of teeth and whatnot, I expected this game to suck but I was pleasantly surprised that I was having a lot of fun (co-op).

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Just signed up and linked on RE.net, will it update and give me points for all the stuff I've already done, or am I screwed?

It should... but it might take 24 hrs... the site is getting hammered I guess.

haikira

Before i possibly bite on ordering a Pre Order code, from Ebay, for the 3 Mercs maps. Is there any word on when they'll be available for non preorders?

No campaign alt costumes.

I wouldn't be able to take the campaign seriously if Cpt.Hook and strippergirl wander around zombie infested cities.

Jesus, the first Leon cutscene with Cpt.Hook suit suit would make the game over 9000 ridiculous from the first second.

branny

I wouldn't be able to take the campaign seriously if Cpt.Hook and strippergirl wander around zombie infested cities.

Jesus, the first Leon cutscene with Cpt.Hook suit suit would make the game over 9000 ridiculous from the first second.
UGH stop making me miss it even more

Trigger

But that's half the fun!

But imagine gangster Jake and schoolgirl Sherry running around those same cities! Awesome!

MoxManiac

Why are the QTEs so badly designed?

I'm trying to climb a rope in Leon chapter 5 and Leon keeps randomly falling? wtf? I've been at this for like 15 minutes. What kind of horseshit is this?

Ken

Why are the QTEs so badly designed?

I'm trying to climb a rope in Leon chapter 5 and Leon keeps randomly falling? wtf? I've been at this for like 15 minutes. What kind of horseshit is this?

Always have one trigger pressed at all times.

Top Bottom