• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Carbonox

Finished Leon's as Helena on Veteran and am now doing Chris's as Piers. Dat Anti-Materiel Rifle.

Should have probably just jumped straight to Pro from Normal rather than moving up by one to Veteran. :lol

ironcreed

Banned
Honestly, Jake chapter 2 bullshit:
This FUCKING snowmobile horseshit is just ridiculous. Where the fuck are you supposed to go? I go to the left, I die. I go to the right, I die. I go through the middle, hit no trees, and somehow I randomly die. Bull Fucking Shit like this should never be in a video game, I honestly can't even enjoy myself because this nonsense is just a skill-less, luck based stupid fucking barrier for no reason.

I stopped at Jake chapter 2. Think I might go see what this is like out of curiosity.

jkanownik

So is this only a 1 disc game on Xbox 360??

I just Redbox'd it, and it only gave me one =/

I thought the same thing with my Gamefly copy, but they usually send both discs. I was wondering how they could possibly fit all of the content on one disk. Then I saw some of the textures in the opening mission and it all made sense.

I'm having trouble deciding what to do with this game. I loved RE5 (played to 100% completion), but the first mission of this game seemed like a hot mess. I don't know that I want to commit any time to this with all of the other good games out.

Did other people think the first mission was ridiculous and then like the rest of the game? Is there a consensus campaign to play through if you can only commit enough time to play through one? Are the chapters really all two hours long? That is a turn off considering I usually play in one hour bursts these days.

I thought the same thing with my Gamefly copy, but they usually send both discs. I was wondering how they could possibly fit all of the content on one disk. Then I saw some of the textures in the opening mission and it all made sense.

I'm having trouble deciding what to do with this game. I loved RE5 (played to 100% completion), but the first mission of this game seemed like a hot mess. I don't know that I want to commit any time to this with all of the other good games out.

Did other people think the first mission was ridiculous and then like the rest of the game? Is there a consensus campaign to play through if you can only commit enough time to play through one? Are the chapters really all two hours long? That is a turn off considering I usually play in one hour bursts these days.

The prologue is horrible as the first 10-15 minutes of Leon's campaign. It ebbs and flows after that but I'd say most of it is good.

Replicant

Jake's Chapter 2.

I had no problem with the
Ice mobile
section. However, I had a nightmare, painful time one section before it: the one where you have to
climb the mountain to get one of the keys. There were J'avos everywhere and if you get knocked down by the sniper, your body will slide down all the way to the base of the mountain. You also can't do a roll because if you do, you'll slide down as well
. It's so fucking annoying!!!

I only managed to finish that because
I shot one of the guys using the snow mobile and use his mobile to go up the mountain. This, however, left Sherry to trek up by herself but I figure it wouldn't be a problem since everyone else is chasing after me

T.O.P

Banned
Mercenaries is a fuckin drug, i'd buy this thing even on a separate release looking at how much time i'm spending on it

btw i couldn't get the pre-order bonus with the other maps, chanche that they'll be up on the store or something?

Nori Chan

So I don't get limit breaker for Mercs.

Somehow I got a lower score when I did a 150 combo without it. Anyone can explain this to me plz?

Ken

Somehow I got a lower score when I did a 150 combo without it. Anyone can explain this to me plz?

Well, there's also the extra points from time remaining and also just doing certain actions?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

Isn't that the point? You get a score buff with it... when you exceed a certain # combo. You should get a lower score without it.

Lucentto

Banned

Don't forget about the time bonus, the amount of time left after you finish turns into bonus points. The timer was probably closer to zero the second time you played.

Nori Chan

We had like 4 minutes left >_>

And what I meant is that when I DIDN'T HAVE IT, I got a better score.

I even used the third combo time this time, when the time I got a higher score, I only used two.

Following the chronological order, so I've done 2 Chapters of Chris and Jake, and just finished Chapter 1 for Leon. Leon's chapter was seriously great. Ending was a little too much action for me, but the first 2/3 was awesome stuff. Hope it keeps up.

kogasu

Is there any RE fan out there who has started the series from the beggaining, prefers the classic RE, still enjoys current RE, likes the story and characters AND likes RE6. Sometimes reading this topic I feel so alone.

Yes. I just can't hate any mainline Resident Evil. It's been my most favorite series ever since I first played it.

I just bought RE6 today and I can see a lot of the problems people have with it but it's not as horribly bad as I've been hearing. I think some people have been overreacting a bit. I still like it.

Yeah, chapters can get to be about that long but you can always quit at a checkpoint within a chapter and then comeback later.

Gbraga

Just finished Leon's campaign, now to the secret one :3

Boy, I miss the IF YOU DEFEAT MULTIPLE ENEMIES, YOU'LL GET YASELF A NICE BONAS

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Man I really wish we could use costumes in the campaign, that would add so much damn replay value. Also I really want Sherry's Chapter 3 costume lol.

Just finished Leon's campaign, now to the secret one :3

Boy, I miss the IF YOU DEFEAT MULTIPLE ENEMIES, YOU'LL GET YASELF A NICE BONAS

Haha yeah the 'NICE BONAS' line became a much repeated line with me and my friends, I miss it greatly. Hopefully they bring Josh from RE5 back and they can get the line back into mercs...

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Thanks to Noi for helping me clear one chapter. Have to get use to this "new" RE. Chris's first chapter was explosive to say the least.

Iresecia

Neo Member
Ugh, so I'm out of all ammo on Chris's campaign and I need ammo or I can't progress. Problem is there's no ammo around.

I'm a couple of Chapters into Chris' campaign and I have to say my impression of the game has diminished even further. I swear to god this garbage feels like some weird 3rd person zombie COD game except this time the zombies shoot you..IT"S AWFUL!!!!! JESUS CHRIST!!!

I don't know what Capcom was thinking with the design of this campaign but it's fucking pathetic. You might as well call it, "Run here and kick down a door with your partner" because that's ALL you fucking do! Holy shit it's bad. And then on top of that, the game puts you in scenarios that are suppose to be tense and scary but it's just frustrating.

Playing Chris' campaign is the equivalent of bouncing up and down on your own balls. Yea it looks hella fun to the naked eye, but on closer inspection, you're bouncing up and down on your own balls.

I'm a couple of Chapters into Chris' campaign and I have to say my impression of the game has diminished even further. I swear to god this garbage feels like some weird 3rd person zombie COD game except this time the zombies shoot you..IT"S AWFUL!!!!! JESUS CHRIST!!!

I don't know what Capcom was thinking with the design of this campaign but it's fucking pathetic. You might as well call it, "Run here and kick down a door with your partner" because that's ALL you fucking do! Holy shit it's bad. And then on top of that, the game puts you in scenarios that are suppose to be tense and scary but it's just frustrating.

Playing Chris' campaign is the equivalent of bouncing up and down on your own balls. Yea it looks hella fun to the naked eye, but on closer inspection, you're bouncing up and down on your own balls.

Polar opposite of my opinion.

KorrZ

Jake Chapter 4
WHY DOES THE MOTORCYCLE CONTROL LIKE ASS
no S rank just because of dying at that part.

Also I don't understand people saying Leon's campaign is the worst. So far I've played up to chapter 4 of each and the only one I didn't enjoy of Leon's was chapter 3.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Isn't it supposed to be four players in some places?

And Piers is my new fave RE character. So hot. And manly.

danwarb

I've only played through the first few hours of Leon co-op, but it's surprisingly good. So far as good as any action RE with better controls. I wonder where it all goes wrong. I like shoulder barging zombies and kicking them to bits, and the instant access to weapons and herbs/health without having to bring up the invertory.

Scooching is hilarious. Have not yet found a use for that particular maneuver.

GeekyDad

Well, played some of the demo earlier, and it feels...weird. Too much control to feel like an RE game. I had some fun with it, but it doesn't have the weight I would associate with Resident Evil. It was kinda of a weird mix of Vanquish and Uncharted. Shooting almost felt senseless. I kept finding myself relying mostly on melee, and I was totally digging being able to freely melee. Tried all three demo campaigns, plus joined a few folks in their demos online, and I can't say I feel the difference in the campaigns. They all felt like action games to me. I didn't really feel any sense of horror, even in Leon's campaign. Of course, each is only about 10 minutes or so long.

Like I said, I did have some fun with it, but it doesn't feel as compelling as Revelations did, let alone any of the previous RE games. I'm a little worried about how Mercs will feel with those controls. It would seem to take a lot of the challenge away.

Ah well, still asking for it to be put under the tree this holiday, but I'm a little less anxious to play it now that I've tried the demo.

ironcreed

Banned
Just completed Jake's chapter 2 and surprisingly found it to be one of the better chapters of the entire game. The setting is easily the best.
Actually kind of enjoyed being on the dark and snowy mountain, trying to avoid those mutated birds and snipers while looking for the 3 data cards in blizzard conditions. Had no problem with the snow mobiles, either.
Hated Jake's first chapter, but this redeemed it. Makes me curious to finish, but man is this game ever all over the place.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Just completed Jake's chapter 2 and surprisingly found it to be one of the better chapters of the entire game. The setting is easily the best.
Actually kind of enjoyed being on the dark and snowy mountain, trying to avoid those mutated birds and snipers while looking for the 3 data cards in blizzard conditions. Had no problem with the snow mobiles, either.
Hated Jake's first chapter, but this redeemed it. Makes me curious to finish, but man is this game ever all over the place.

I didn't like Jake chapter 1 and LOVE 3-5 for him.

Top Bottom