• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Bladenic

I have a question about Sherry. I could've sworn she was 8 years old in RE2. Maybe I just made that up. Is she seriously 27 in this game? That would make her 6 whole years older than Jake despite him looking like the older one. This blows my mind. Also,
they don't really go anywhere with her healing abilities. You just know she can heal and that's it. I thought she was gonna do something badass during the final battle, like take a punch to the face by Ustanak.

Well
the shrapnel part is badass lol.

I have a question about Sherry. I could've sworn she was 8 years old in RE2. Maybe I just made that up. Is she seriously 27 in this game? That would make her 6 whole years older than Jake despite him looking like the older one. This blows my mind. Also,
they don't really go anywhere with her healing abilities. You just know she can heal and that's it. I thought she was gonna do something badass during the final battle, like take a punch to the face by Ustanak.

The files mention that
because of the mutation of the virus G in her body that gave her superpowers it also make her looks younger than she is

Astral

The files mention that
because of the mutation of the virus G in her body that gave her superpowers it also make her looks younger than she is

Oh I see. Lucky her. Seriously, the characters are getting really old. They need to settle the fuck down. By the time Leon and Ada "Cocktease" Wong hook up (if ever) she'd have hit menopause.

cvxfreak

Oh I see. Lucky her. Seriously, the characters are getting really old. They need to settle the fuck down. By the time Leon and Ada "Cocktease" Wong hook up (if ever) she'd have hit menopause.

Well, if they ever wanted to have children at menopause, they can just engineer that to happen. :p

Neiteio

Of all the potential couples in RE (Jill and Chris, Jake and Sherry, etc), Leon and Ada are the ones I'm least interested in seeing get together. :)

Beat the 4th campaign.
Found it weird how the first 2 chapters in it had puzzles, and then they just totally abandoned it for the rest of the campaign. The 4th campaign was way way shorter than the other 3, it only took me 3 hours and some change. Ada's chapter 5 is pretty pitiful though, helicopter shooting and fighting mutant t-rex AGAIN, bleh.
I added up all my chapter times, and I'm sitting at 20 hrs and 10 mins for the whole game. Not bad.

Bladenic

Yeah the 4th campaign final chapter is the worst of all the final chapters imo. I'm dreading that fight on professional
The one where you're in the chopper against the dino form. Took forever on Normal alone.

The China setting is kinda a wasted oppertunity. It would have been incredible if this was more of a slower RE4...even RE5 formula. I love the feeling of walking into the apartment buildings. It really gives the feeling of that at one time this was an overcrowded 3rd wold city. I am really digging the setting in certain chapters but it just falls apart. Really cool setting. Maybe the next Residient Evil game can take it a step further and place it in India and go all out with it.

Also I don't think I'm a fan of Jake. I find him kinda annoying and reminds me of Alice from the movies. More Leon. Dudes the most likable RE character, what a bad ass.

Just finished Leon chapter 1 (i'm doing the story in the "right" order).

I was so happy...
the final part of the chapter is TOTALLY a Resident Evil 2 homage/almost remake
it was fantastic.

I hope the rest of the chapters are like that.

Neiteio

Just finished Leon chapter 1 (i'm doing the story in the "right" order).

I was so happy...
the final part of the chapter is TOTALLY a Resident Evil 2 homage/almost remake
it was fantastic.

I hope the rest of the chapters are like that.
I think you'll really dig Leon Ch. 2. :)

joe2187

Banned
Just got finished with two S ranked mercenaries games, It's such a fun mode...are there more than 1 map though? it's always the same one.

Nemesis_

Just got finished with two S ranked mercenaries games, It's such a fun mode...are there more than 1 map though? it's always the same one.

You unlock a map with each campaign you complete.

There are three more maps available for pre-orders only.

I think we've managed to mine (well, Sectus/Dusk have) about ten maps in total.

Neiteio

I believe the other two maps unlock by completing the other two campaigns. And then additional maps will be made available in the future (perhaps as free unlocks through RE.net).

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Fourth Campaign Chapter 2 is really great. I wish there was more of this.

ironcreed

Banned
I may have enjoyed Jake's chapter 2, but it went back to being not just bad, but utterly ridiculous in chapters 3 & 4.
A power supply that is conveniently located in Jake's room? Meeting up with Sherry in a locker room that just so happens to have new outfits and their weapons waiting for them? A fucking tank chasing me through a hotel?
I love over the top Japanese flavor, but this is just plain stupid and was thrown together about as carelessly as it can get.

Then there is Chapter 4, which I am not done with, but... damn.
One of the absolute worst driving sequences I have ever seen, and I thought the one in Chris's chapter 3 was bad. Good god, man. Horrible controls, jumping over buildings, narrow ass pathways, the random cut scenes, just ugh.
It's beyond absurd and so horribly developed it is absolutely unacceptable for anything other than some budget trash. Let alone for a mega-budget blockbuster franchise like Resident Evil. This kind of stuff is the definition of half-baked filler. You almost have to see it to believe it.

For the record, I am not trying to be an ass and trash the game, as there are some things I do like. But some of the drops in quality are just plain offensive for a series like this. I love Resident Evil and have tried my best to love this game, but I honestly just cannot see how anyone can defend some of the shit that they put in here. Opinions vary and I truly respect that, but I just can't see it. I'm sorry.

I got more of a L4D vibe than RE vibe from Leon's chapters for some reason. I even got a Dark/Demons Souls vibe somewhere in Leon's game as well.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
how do you do this? i think i beat this boss without doing that.

Leon final boss spoilers:
When you shoot his legs and then shove the lightning rod into a zombie enough times, he will fall to the ground and his face will be on the ground and unprotected. Just pick up the lightning rod, walk towards his face, and hit the action button when you get the prompt. Leon will shove the lightning rod into his face and it will explode in a fiery explosion of lightning.
It's pretty badass. :)

Anyway I just finished the first two chapters of the super-secret fourth campaign. I don't like this campaign as much as the first three, even though it's pretty cool how it ties all the other campaigns together. That first chapter was just a TOTAL PAIN IN THE ASS. Ugh. The enemies were annoying, the weapons were awful, and the whole thing just felt like a chore.

The second campaign was cool when I got to intersect with some other players online who were fighting a boss. That's probably one of the coolest implementations of online co-op I've ever seen. I do think the character is really cool though, from the dialog to the animations.

Iresecia

Neo Member
Yeah the 4th campaign final chapter is the worst of all the final chapters imo. I'm dreading that fight on professional
The one where you're in the chopper against the dino form. Took forever on Normal alone.
It's doable, just a bit of a pain. Just stay moving. It's only a pain cause the AI don't want to inflict a lot of damage putting it mostly on you.

On an unrelated note, anyone for some mercs on PS3? I need to farm skillpoints before I finish Chris pro. This no unlimited ammo is killing me, literally.

Of all the potential couples in RE (Jill and Chris, Jake and Sherry, etc), Leon and Ada are the ones I'm least interested in seeing get together. :)

Leon and Ada needs to happen, I mean at contrary of Chris and Jill that you have to imagine any romantic development, because Chris is way more affected by
the death of some random noob soldier he just meet that day
than Jill's death.

I'm hoping for a game that revolves between the two completly.

Edit: just killed a guy in Agent Hunt by throwing a weapon just after he was recovering for the almost dead state....sogood.gif

This damn mode!

cvxfreak

To be fair, we don't know what happened to Chris between Lost in Nightmares and the beginning of the main RE5 campaign. There's a three year gap between the games, after all. For all we know, he could have poured his eyes out for months.

We all know he not-so-secretly loved Piers.

Neiteio

To be fair, we don't know what happened to Chris between Lost in Nightmares and the beginning of the main RE5 campaign. There's a three year gap between the games, after all. For all we know, he could have poured his eyes out for months.
Yep. And Chris and Jill seem tight (platonically, but still tight) when they finally reunite in Revelations, to the point where maybe love could blossom with the right spark. :)

Marry Chris and Jill, I say! Make this the ending of RE7, after Wesker's robot body has been defeated in a volcano... on Mars!

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Yep. And Chris and Jill seem tight (platonically, but still tight) when they finally reunite in Revelations, to the point where maybe love could blossom with the right spark. :)

Marry Chris and Jill, I say! Make this the ending of RE7, after Wesker's robot body has been defeated in a volcano... on Mars!

Well in the Gamespot livestream interview before the game released, Sasaki was asked when Chris and Jill would get married, and he said we will have to wait until RE11 to see that.

ironcreed

Banned
Despite not feeling the design here, I do enjoy the character interaction. Jake and Sherry especially have great chemistry together. I just hope they really polish the next game and make it with a smaller, more focused team.

Risible

Just finished Chris' campaign. What I was wondering is what happens if you choose to
play as Piers? I assume you have the virus powers and that's your only weapon?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
If I unlock a costume on RE.net, do I still have to get an A score on Mercs to use it? Or does it just become available automatically?

Replicant

Leon and Ada needs to happen, I mean at contrary of Chris and Jill that you have to imagine any romantic development, because Chris is way more affected by
the death of some random noob soldier he just meet that day
than Jill's death.

My thoughts exactly. If a guy like Chris hasn't expressed interest in Jill then IME, he likely never was interested in the first place. And vice versa. And I get the feeling that there's an interest on Capcom's part to keep him unattached because they certainly weren't coy about Leon's interest in Ada nor Jake's interest in Sherry. The interesting about Leon/Ada is that Leon has been paired with so many female characters throughout his adventures and yet despite having some sexual over/undertones with most of them, he is clearly only interested in Ada.

What part of the boss fight specifically there are like fucking 4 or 5 different forms, and where are you as well

I was at the last part where you have to use that rod of some sort to shock him.

I kept putting the rod through a zombie repeatedly and then shooting it's vulnerable body parts. Whenever he finally got stunned I started blasting it's eyes but then it'd be a quick scene showing it regenerating and I then got stuck. I didn't know I had to use the freaking rod itself on it's eyes.

Leon and Ada needs to happen

This.

Though certainly nothing against Chris and Jill getting together. Was just revisiting RE:Deadly Silence, redid the various endings and forgot how close Chris and Jill were at the end. Not only Jill's head on Chris's shoulder but holding hands...perhaps referenced by
Jake and Sherry at the end

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
It's available as long as you have the character

Oh, so I have to unlock that character first. Darn it. I haven't touched Mercs yet, I wanna finish the fourth campaign first before playing Mercs.

Is it easier to get high ranks solo or co-op?

I was at the last part where you have to use that rod of some sort to shock him.

I kept putting the rod through a zombie repeatedly and then shooting it's vulnerable body parts. Whenever he finally got stunned I started blasting it's eyes but then it'd be a quick scene showing it regenerating and I then got stuck. I didn't know I had to use the freaking rod itself on it's eyes.

May want to spoiler tag some of that for people who haven't gotten to that fight yet and want to figure it out for themselves.

Riposte

cvxfreak, I recall you said something along the lines of this game lacking Resident Evil references? I completely disagree, there a ton of moments when I'm reminded of old games. One moment which is like Outbreak meets the beginning of RE2. Another moment seemed like an obvious nod to RE0. And so on.

Played with someone who was a good example why this game really needs better tutorials and better ways of informing the player of upcoming enemies. I almost fetched my mic (he had his), because he was making plenty of dumb mistakes (one being not knowing how to use the healing spray lol, another not equipping skills). Got real frustrated too.

Speaking of which, I was quite frustrated with Jake 2's stealth segment at first, but after playing it again to have a co-op partner for the next mission... I'm so stupid for not realizing you can just stealth melee your way through. Night and day difference.

Also Sherry is all grown up. Damn, that's sort of messed up.

cvxfreak

cvxfreak, I recall you said something along the lines of this game lacking Resident Evil references? I completely disagree, there a ton of moments when I'm reminded of old games. One moment which is like Outbreak meets the beginning of RE2. Another moment seemed like an obvious nod to RE0. And so on.

Did I? Can you quote the exact line? There are plenty of throwbacks for sure!

I think I may have been talking about the game's plot, which does seem lacking in certain respects.
Not ONE SINGLE mention of Jill, for example.

Nemesis_

This game is full of references, be it to the films (uggh), RE4, RE2 or even the Outbreak games.

;_;

Capcom should make it so we can invade Mercenaries games as creatures too.

CAN YOU IMAGINE the SALTINESS

Did I? Can you quote the exact line? There are plenty of throwbacks for sure!

I think I may have been talking about the game's plot, which does seem lacking in certain respects.
Not ONE SINGLE mention of Jill, for example.

Yeah its annoying when the games don't mention other characters but I mean RE4 didn't mention Chris, Jill, and a handful of other characters. I'd say RE6 does put a lot of nods to the series with info and different characters. Least there was a mention of Claire! :D I mean finally discovering who ordered the nuke on Raccoon City was pretty cool I thought.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
This game is full of references, be it to the films (uggh), RE4, RE2 or even the Outbreak games.

;_;

Capcom should make it so we can invade Mercenaries games as creatures too.

CAN YOU IMAGINE the SALTINESS

I would totally want to invade someone's Mercs game as the magnum zombie and just headshot them into oblivion.

iavi

Chris 2 is really dragging on.
Meeting up with Sherry and Jake has been cool (and about solidifies my thinking of starting them next)
but this chapter is so boring. Nothings happening. Its building up to this event you already know happens.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Chris 2 is really dragging on.
Meeting up with Sherry and Jake has been cool (and about solidifies my thinking of starting them next)
but this chapter is so boring. Nothings happening. Its building up to this event you already know happens.

You're almost at the end if you already met up with Jake and Sherry.

Daigoro

When you shoot his legs and then shove the lightning rod into a zombie enough times, he will fall to the ground and his face will be on the ground and unprotected. Just pick up the lightning rod, walk towards his face, and hit the action button when you get the prompt. Leon will shove the lightning rod into his face and it will explode in a fiery explosion of lightning.
It's pretty badass. :)

k will try that next time around thanks.

News Bot

Banned
Literally beating the shit out of Simmons is probably the most satisfying thing in the game, and the only time the button prompts were really acceptable.

Speaking of which, I was quite frustrated with Jake 2's stealth segment at first, but after playing it again to have a co-op partner for the next mission... I'm so stupid for not realizing you can just stealth melee your way through. Night and day difference.

Yeah, once I realized that, it wasn't a big deal

That being said, I still can't defend it. Jake Ch.2 is straight up garbage
Thankfully I'm on Leon Ch.1 now and it's quite a bit better...

Alfredo

On the subject of character relationships, I'm not sure what Capcom has against reuniting Claire and Leon again (Degeneration doesn't count). Chris and Jill get tons of games together.

And on the topic of "shipping," I'd be way more interested in a Claire/Leon thing than Leon/Ada.

And they need to bring back Barry already!

Top Bottom