• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

joe2187

Banned
Is there any RE fan out there who has started the series from the beggaining, prefers the classic RE, still enjoys current RE, likes the story and characters AND likes RE6. Sometimes reading this topic I feel so alone.

Hello. I have yet to play the first RE though, I've played all the others beside the first one, I just never get around to it. My favorite will always be RECVX, BRING BACK CLAIRE!

I joined an agent hunt game, spent 5 seconds crawling out of a grave and then the session ended

anywho, anybody up for some co-op or mercs? X360 joe2187

Afrocious

I'm just jumping in hoping someone could tell me if Capcom fixed the server issues with the PSN. Evolved1 and I were doing some campaign but we got dropped last night :(.

Noi

I'm just jumping in hoping someone could tell me if Capcom fixed the server issues with the PSN. Evolved1 and I were doing some campaign but we got dropped last night :(.

I played a bit with JoeFenix and did a chapter with Kadey without a problem, so it seems better.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished Jake's campaign. I really, really liked most of it. Chapter 3 is one of the highlights of the game for me.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Like, seriously, the last boss was so cool with Jake.

Can't wait to try the fourth campaign. I've fallen for this game like an idiot. Stockholm syndrome, maybe. There's something so satisfying about it all. I can't articulate it yet.

Elginer

So, I hear I'm not supposed to enjoy RE6 but I am a hell of a lot. It has its share of problems like the camera but it's such a crazy thrill ride with some really intense moments that I have looked beyond them. The whole experience is just insane. The good and the bad.

branny

I like how in the graveyard section while it's raining if you stand perfectly still as Helena her boobs will slightly jiggle as the rain hits them.

THERE'S THAT CAPCOM POLISH!
Oh, wow. I always play as her so I never bothered turning around to look at my breasts during that.

Can't wait to try the fourth campaign. I've fallen for this game like an idiot. Stockholm syndrome, maybe. There's something so satisfying about it all. I can't articulate it yet.
Yeah, same.

Neiteio

I like how in the graveyard section while it's raining if you stand perfectly still as Helena her boobs will slightly jiggle as the rain hits them.

THERE'S THAT CAPCOM POLISH!
Turning off my brain for a moment (a prerequisite with any RE story!), Helena is super-hot and totally underrated. (Good character drama with her and her sister, too, but let's focus on those pinstripe pants.)

Oh, wow. I always play at her so I never bothered turning around to look at my breasts during that.
Quote of the year.

So, I hear I'm not supposed to enjoy RE6 but I am a hell of a lot. It has its share of problems like the camera but it's such a crazy thrill ride with some really intense moments that I have looked beyond them. The whole experience is just insane. The good and the bad.
"Insane" is a good way to sum up RE6, and I say that lovingly.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Im looking forward to nabbing this up when its like 25-30$ and hopefully enjoying it after anticipating utter shit after all this bad press. Demo became enjoyable once i tweaked out the settings.

Neiteio

Im looking forward to nabbing this up when its like 25-30$ and hopefully enjoying it after anticipating utter shit after all this bad press. Demo became enjoyable once i tweaked out the settings.
If you've started warming up to the demo, which I feel is a poor out-of-context sampling of the game, then I think you'll love the full game. :)

I just finished up Jake's chapter 1, and I'm pretty sure I'm addicted to his hand-to-hand option. SO FUN.
I love how you can fly between targets. And that gut-punch ground-pound finisher is boss.

Astral

Does Agent Hunt interrupt a player's game? Do they even know someone invaded them? I'm not sure how it works. I'm giving it a try now that I beat the first three campaigns.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Man, Chris chapter 4 feels like a sequel to Extermination. This whole game could almost work as such a sequel.

Noi

Does Agent Hunt interrupt a player's game? Do they even know someone invaded them? I'm not sure how it works. I'm giving it a try now that I beat the first three campaigns.

They get a prompt telling them that you're joining in as a creature, yes. They can't tell which one is human unless you're being extremely obvious about it though.

Man I've been fighting Leon's final boss for hours now I just can't beat that freaking thing.

I'm doing what seems obvious to do but I get insta-stunned near the third time it gets hurt.

TheGrue

So I've played Chris 1 and 2 and Jake 1 and I am really enjoying the game. When do I get to the part that will make me want to bomb the Capcom offices? It seems like RE 4 and 5 to me. I was also expecting a million QTEs and lots of cheap deaths and neither have been bad. Why was this the version to make everyone go crazy on RE?

joe2187

Banned
Man I've been fighting Leon's final boss for hours now I just can't beat that freaking thing.

I'm doing what seems obvious to do but I get insta-stunned near the third time it gets hurt.

What part of the boss fight specifically there are like fucking 4 or 5 different forms, and where are you as well

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
So I've played Chris 1 and 2 and Jake 1 and I am really enjoying the game. When do I get to the part that will make me want to bomb the Capcom offices? It seems like RE 4 and 5 to me. I was also expecting a million QTEs and lots of cheap deaths and neither have been bad. Why was this the version to make everyone go crazy on RE?

For me the later chapters just get better. I don't think you will feel an urge to bomb their offices!

Daigoro

Been a fan since day one and like all kinds of RE and really enjoy RE6. There are plenty of us.

yep same here. my first was RE1 on the Saturn. ive played all of the mainline RE's multiple times and enjoy them all.

interesting. if i remember correctly, you really werent impressed by the demo. i wasnt sure if you were going to even buy the game.

Ken

The more Mercenaries I play the more I think that this is one of the most fun third-person shooting games I've played in a long time. I'd love for Capcom to take the combat system and put it into some original IP so the combat can shine and not be bogged down by what people expect RE to play like, or just release a standalone Mercenaries for consoles.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The more Mercenaries I play the more I think that this is one of the most fun third-person shooting games I've played in a long time. I'd love for Capcom to take the combat system and put it into some original IP, or just release a standalone Mercenaries for consoles.

It's really addictive but sometimes it gets a little stressful if you play for a long stretch... trying to be absolutely perfect is a lot of the fun, but also kinda draining.

So now and then I pop in there and just screw around and practice stuff. Only let myself get a couple timers so I don't try and "win". lol

I can't stop playing Agent Hunt. I feel amazed how ignored this mode was from most reviews and the few that mentioned them say bad things about it.

It lacks balance and other things but is still a lot of fun.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I think I joined an Amateur room in Agent Hunt. These guys would not fucking die.

The worst are the guys who don't even progress the story... they just sit there in amateur with their buffed skills and infinite ammo farming easy kills.

These people are assholes.

I can't stop playing Agent Hunt. I feel amazed how ignored this mode was from most reviews and the few that mentioned them say bad things about it.

It lacks balance and other things but is still a lot of fun.

How could they say anything if the game barely had players, making it nearly impossible to get into it at all?

iavi

I had to turn the in-game brightness waaaaay up. Defeats all ambiance and actually pulls off the sheets showing all the muddy textures, but it had to be done. Default brightness was frustrating with the enemies being able to hide right in front of you-without cover.

Enjoyment went way up. Finished Chris 1. Following Golems chapter guide.

Yes. I don't know the exact numbers though.

In the same way every other multiplayer mode got reviewed on most games?

But at least they can test those even on lan sometimes. Developers themselves play in those periods so the reviewers can play with someone.

But agent hunt has very restrictive parameters (one being: finish it) before it can even be accessed... and joining when only a handful of people have it would be impossible.

Hell, when I only had chris done , it took me 30 minutes to get into a match... 3 days after official release.

Astral

Agent Hunt really needs a lobby. It sucks joining a game that's almost over. It also sucks when the player dies only seconds after you join the game, but I guess I can't do anything about that.

Alfredo

The more Mercenaries I play the more I think that this is one of the most fun third-person shooting games I've played in a long time. I'd love for Capcom to take the combat system and put it into some original IP so the combat can shine and not be bogged down by what people expect RE to play like, or just release a standalone Mercenaries for consoles.

How has Capcom not put out a downloadable Mercenaries game for XBLA/PSN? If it included all the Mercenaries stuff since RE4, plus new content, it'd be amazing. Everything Mercenaries 3D should've been.

Noi

Agent Hunt really needs a lobby. It sucks joining a game that's almost over. It also sucks when the player dies only seconds after you join the game, but I guess I can't do anything about that.

You get a special medal for your trouble, at least! I just wish you got skillpoints for playing.

Neiteio

How has Capcom not put out a downloadable Mercenaries game for XBLA/PSN? If it included all the Mercenaries stuff since RE4, plus new content, it'd be amazing. Everything Mercenaries 3D should've been.
They need a dedicated PSN/XLBA Mercs game with RE4/5-style Mercs, RE6-style Mercs, and Raid mode from Revelations. Make them Agent Hunt-enabled, too, and include every character ever in the history of RE!

Ken

That it went back to being "Extra Stuff" in RE6 and wasn't even present in Revelations after they tried releasing it as its own game makes me sad.

Xevren

Man, I would be in heaven with that. One can dream I guess.

Dartastic

So I've beaten the first three campaigns. Unlocked the 4th. I'm starting to get tired of this game. Is the 4th really the best? Does it actually shed some light on the story? Please let me know.

beastmode

The worst are the guys who don't even progress the story... they just sit there in amateur with their buffed skills and infinite ammo farming easy kills.

These people are assholes.
I farm on Pro. :)
I had to turn the in-game brightness waaaaay up. Defeats all ambiance and actually pulls off the sheets showing all the muddy textures, but it had to be done. Default brightness was frustrating with the enemies being able to hide right in front of you-without cover.

Enjoyment went way up. Finished Chris 1. Following Golems chapter guide.
Chris 1 & 2 should actually come after Jake 3.

So I've beaten the first three campaigns. Unlocked the 4th. I'm starting to get tired of this game. Is the 4th really the best? Does it actually shed some light on the story? Please let me know.

It does shed some light, yeah. I quite liked it, but it does have a few shortcomings.

Astral

I have a question about Sherry. I could've sworn she was 8 years old in RE2. Maybe I just made that up. Is she seriously 27 in this game? That would make her 6 whole years older than Jake despite him looking like the older one. This blows my mind. Also,
they don't really go anywhere with her healing abilities. You just know she can heal and that's it. I thought she was gonna do something badass during the final battle, like take a punch to the face by Ustanak.

Top Bottom