• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Afrocious

Just completed a campaign chapter with TheHourMan.

After that, actually made a Merc room in Urban Chaos and got my first million+ points with a random. Thank you based Capcom for this game and fixing the network issues.

Those 150s felt like air as my new online friend just said.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Lol at a Chris ch. 4 moment for me.
A facehugger latched onto my face and Chris countered it by ripping it off and flushing down the toilet.
Pretty funny and unexpected contextual moment.

Noi

Lol at a Chris ch. 4 moment for me.
A facehugger latched onto my face and Chris countered it by ripping it off and flushing down the toilet.
Pretty funny and unexpected contextual moment.

There are tons of location-sensitive kills for those buggers. I'm happy every time I find a new one.

Just finished off Chris's campaign, quite enjoyed the last three chapters aside from some low points. The camera during the running segments in Chapter 5 was absolutely horrendous.

I have Ada's campaign left to go now, hopefully I enjoy it as much as I did Leon's. It's been said a lot but the game really is chock full of serious flaws, it's absolutely not without merit, though. It's just a shame it's so bloated and often poorly executed, with more focus and someone with some semblance of vision at the helm RE6 could have been a very good game.

Noi

You mean the finding 3 codes part? Had no idea since I just ran the whole time. Care to detail? Sounds awesome.

Not just that, every segment with a Rasklapanje has a context/location sensitive takedown if you pick up any of their hands at the right spot. The few ones I'm aware of:

-Picking up a hand next to one of the blenders in Leon 4 has you shove the hand into said blender. You can also put the hand inside a microwave and just leave it on.
-Jake 5's location has some electric cylinder things and some small blast furnaces. The former pretty much has Jake throw the hand into it and shock it, while the latter has it melt inside one of the smaller furnaces.
-Both Chris and Ada can flush the hands down the toilet and put them inside the deep fryers in the kitchen.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished all four campaigns.

Leon > Jake > Chris > Fourth

I wish Jake's hand-to-hand stuff was expanded upon and included in other campaigns.

Iresecia

Neo Member
I hate searching for random mercs matches sometimes. I feel like if they're status isn't set to "playing for fun" they'll get annoyed if I die. Also people love to kick me before we've even played. Like if your game is open and I join what's the point in kicking me? Like they have standards or something.

Daigoro

Not just that, every segment with a Rasklapanje has a context/location sensitive takedown if you pick up any of their hands at the right spot. The few ones I'm aware of:

-Picking up a hand next to one of the blenders in Leon 4 has you shove the hand into said blender. You can also put the hand inside a microwave and just leave it on.
-Jake 5's location has some electric cylinder things and some small blast furnaces. The former pretty much has Jake throw the hand into it and shock it, while the latter has it melt inside one of the smaller furnaces.
-Both Chris and Ada can flush the hands down the toilet and put them inside the deep fryers in the kitchen.

cool. i only knew about the laser fence one in Jake 5.

News Bot

Banned
On the subject of character relationships, I'm not sure what Capcom has against reuniting Claire and Leon again (Degeneration doesn't count). Chris and Jill get tons of games together.

And on the topic of "shipping," I'd be way more interested in a Claire/Leon thing than Leon/Ada.

And they need to bring back Barry already!

I doubt they have anything against it, it's just that Leon and Claire don't have much active connection to each other, aside from the fact that they survived Raccoon City together and maintain contact. Leon is a government agent while Claire works for an NGO, there's not a lot of opportunity for them to coincide. Chris and Jill on the other hand have been partners for years, they're the Mulder and Scully of the franchise.

However, the files in the game do state that Leon and Claire have met up since Degeneration and have probably been maintaining contact for years.

beastmode

I hate searching for random mercs matches sometimes. I feel like if they're status isn't set to "playing for fun" they'll get annoyed if I die. Also people love to kick me before we've even played. Like if your game is open and I join what's the point in kicking me? Like they have standards or something.
I consider myself the judge of Xbox Live gamertags. If I deem the person unworthy, I wait until they ready up and kick. :)

Ken

Sherry top tier Mercenary.
Ada low tier Mercenary.

Makes me sad because I love Ada's alt. Even Carla's loadout seems better than both Ada's.

Okay, Versus mode in RE5 kinda sucked(even though I had tons of fun with it), but I just realized... THIS game NEEDS a Versus mode because it would be AWESOME

iavi

I'm about ready to drop this game down to the easiest difficulty possible. Not because it's too hard, but because I'm just not having fun with the mechanics. I'm playing through on Veteran ATM, and it all feels so clunky.

I still want to see the rest of the movie, though.

cvxfreak

Yeah its annoying when the games don't mention other characters but I mean RE4 didn't mention Chris, Jill, and a handful of other characters. I'd say RE6 does put a lot of nods to the series with info and different characters. Least there was a mention of Claire! :D I mean finally discovering who ordered the nuke on Raccoon City was pretty cool I thought.

RE4 was understandable since it was a break from the previous games at the time. RECV for example never mentioned Jill at the time, and Revelations never mentions Leon or Claire either. But being THE next main numbered title without a break from the past, RE6 is just bizarre in that sense, as if they purposely didn't want anything of Jill mentioned for whatever reason.

Maybe she was retired after RE5, but I don't think doing it in the annals of a book not every gamer will buy is a good idea either.

Maybe she was retired after RE5, but I don't think doing it in the annals of a book not every gamer will buy is a good idea either.

Agreed, my main point was just they have always seemed to be fairly inconsistent with letting the players know about what characters outside of the current game your playing, are doing. I honestly just want the series to sorta come to a conclusion at this point. Been following it for so long, would be nice to have a wrap up. I thought that might have happened with 6 but sadly not.

News Bot

Banned
RE4 was understandable since it was a break from the previous games at the time. RECV for example never mentioned Jill at the time, and Revelations never mentions Leon or Claire either. But being THE next main numbered title without a break from the past, RE6 is just bizarre in that sense, as if they purposely didn't want anything of Jill mentioned for whatever reason.

I did find it odd that they referenced Sheva yet left out Jill. Sheva contacted Piers and offered to help find Chris. That seriously would have been better if it was Jill.

Jawmuncher

Agreed, my main point was just they have always seemed to be fairly inconsistent with letting the players know about what characters outside of the current game your playing, are doing. I honestly just want the series to sorta come to a conclusion at this point. Been following it for so long, would be nice to have a wrap up. I thought that might have happened with 6 but sadly not.

This is what I was hoping for as well.
hopefully next time that can, since even if they keep the series going at least let us know what everyone is up to geez.
If I recall the only RE that did that was RE3. but that's been awhile.

I did find it odd that they referenced Sheva yet left out Jill. Sheva contacted Piers and offered to help find Chris. That seriously would have been better if it was Jill.

Sheva was his secret lover.

Carbonox

Is this mentioned in one of the files? Nice of them to remember her.

But yeah the lack of even a mere Jill reference is just baffling.

Replicant

Alfredo said:
And on the topic of "shipping," I'd be way more interested in a Claire/Leon thing than Leon/Ada.

I used to like the idea but Capcom really makes it obvious that he's just not that into her that way. Actually, I remember feeling awkward during RE2 because I felt Ada was the only thing that occupied Leon's mind and he often forgets that Claire was running around alongside him. And after 4, degeneration movie, the live-action movie, and now RE6, I do admit that there are more dynamic between Leon and Ada than Leon with Claire. Their interaction is just more amusing and playful.

But I do wish they'll use Claire in the next game. Maybe pair her up with Hunk or some new guy who doesn't look like Leonardo DiCaprio doppleganger (aka Steve Burns).

I don't mind the lack of mention for Jill. It just shows that while the characters may (or may not) keep in contact with each other, they have their own lives and job independent of each other.

AB12

Just finished chapter 1 Leon, I got a major motion sickness, damn is the camera horrible or is it horrible.

Carbonox

I used to like the idea but Capcom really makes it obvious that he's just not that into her that way. Actually, I remember feeling awkward during RE2 because I felt Ada was the only thing that occupied Leon's mind and he often forgets that Claire was running around alongside him. And after 4, degeneration movie, the live-action movie, and now RE6, I do admit that there are more dynamic between Leon and Ada than Leon with Claire. Their interaction is just more amusing and playful.

But I do wish they use Claire in the next game. Maybe pair her up with Hunk or some new guy who doesn't look like Leonardo DiCaprio doppleganger (aka Steve Burns).

I don't mind the lack of mention for Jill. It just shows that while the characters may (or may ot) keep in contact with each other, they have their own lives and job independent of each other.

True but with Jill it's different. She had a big role in RE5, was Chris's partner and also a founding member of the BSAA, or some noise. Knowing if she retired due to the events of RE5 would have been nice as we do have a Chris campaign in this game. Some mention of her makes sense.

Daigoro

How can anyone deem poisonedsodapop unworthy?

i agree its a good tag.

I'm about ready to drop this game down to the easiest difficulty possible. Not because it's too hard, but because I'm just not having fun with the mechanics. I'm playing through on Veteran ATM, and it all feels so clunky.

I still want to see the rest of the movie, though.

keep practicing. the only thing clunky about the game mechanics is some of the crap with the camera. the character controls are amazing once you get used to them.

News Bot

Banned
Is this mentioned in one of the files? Nice of them to remember her.

But yeah the lack of even a mere Jill reference is just baffling.

Yeah, but it's only on the RE.net versions of the files, not in the game. She is only mentioned in the in-game files as having helped kill Wesker.

Replicant

True but with Jill it's different. She had a big role in RE5, was Chris's partner and also a founding member of the BSAA, or some noise. Knowing if she retired due to the events of RE5 would have been nice as we do have a Chris campaign in this game. Some mention of her makes sense.

I don't find it strange at all. Chris didn't even bothered to mention his own sister in RE5. Not even a reference as to how Claire was doing. That's what I meant by the characters being independent of each other. They maybe keeping in contact from time to time but their priority is not always each other and I'm fine with it.

Replicant

Finished Leon's campaign.

Damn, his story is so disappointing.... i hope the next are better.

Yeah, I feel Leon's story is the least personal of them all. It wasn't about him at all. Or not much of it was. While the other 3 campaigns ARE about each respective character.

Ken

Yeah, I feel Leon's story is the least personal of them all. It wasn't about him at all. Or not much of it was. While the other 3 campaigns ARE about each respective character.

I really liked Chris' story and I thought that Jake and Sherry worked better as partners than Leon and Helena...so Chris > Jake > Leon for me.

Nemesis_

Regarding Chris IV.

Anyone think that
Carla's delivery of the lines was quite good. I love the way she teases Chris about how shit his team was lol

Just finished chapter 1 Leon, I got a major motion sickness, damn is the camera horrible or is it horrible.

It goes from great (open or outside spaces) when it's pulled back to pretty damn bad (most of Jake's bits) fairly often

I dig the camera work but really don't understand the logic for some of it's placement at times.

Replicant

Regarding Chris IV.

Anyone think that
Carla's delivery of the lines was quite good. I love the way she teases Chris about how shit his team was lol

Carla is a cunt. And a cheap knockoff at that. Accept no imitation. Ada 'cockteasing' Wong IS DA BEST!!!

Still, I lament the fact that Chris has obviously lost his brain cells due to all of the steroids use. I mean, he can't even tell that there's something wrong that he saw Ada with purple dress then seconds later in red shirt and then seconds later back in purple dress when he caught her.

Nemesis_

Carla is a cunt.

That's why I love her so! A quick question though -
so Carla knew she was Carla but was pretending to be Ada? Or did she start off pretending to be Ada and then slowly start believing her own lies?

ALSO

ffa5H.png

FEED ME MORE now, CAPCOCPOCOM

Replicant

so Carla knew she was Carla but was pretending to be Ada? Or did she start off pretending to be Ada and then slowly start believing her own lies?

I think it's the later.
That's why she decided to contact Ada when things started to spiral out of control. But by then she's already gone nuts and started to think that she's the real Ada

Jawmuncher

ALSO

ffa5H.png

FEED ME MORE now, CAPCOCPOCOM

Nice so what was the total time.

Nemesis_

Nice so what was the total time.

1.03 million skill points.

57 hours, 29 minutes and 31 seconds.

I thought I passed the 60 hour mark a few hours ago, guess not. >_>

This was a professional only run, mind you, with some quick amateur runs to clean up the emblems.

Jawmuncher

1.03 million skill points.

57 hours, 29 minutes and 31 seconds.

I thought I passed the 60 hour mark a few hours ago, guess not. >_>

This was a professional only run, mind you, with some quick amateur runs to clean up the emblems.

Nice so time to 1000G is about the same as RE5.
Give or Take.

amar212

Iresecia

Neo Member
I feel like
Chris's car chase scene
on professional is an extreme test of patience. Also it's where Capcom offloaded their most annoying vehicle ideas... It's the last thing I need for pro and it's unavoidable.

Top Bottom