• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Neiteio

I've finished Jake/
Ada
's scenarios on veteran twice, and Leon/Chris' scenarios on vet three times, and I'm still waiting for this to happen. In fact I'd like to see proof that it does.
I haven't been hit by enemies during the auto-camera parts either, but I think I could imagine it happening.

destrudo

I honestly have no idea how to do this part... I get blown to shit pretty much every time and always just barely survive.

The easiest way is laying on your back in a corner with a shotgun (or anything automatic) and protecting the guy doing the QTE. When you're on the ground you can see the bots coming from underneath the wall much easier. Works for me anyways.

Mercs 3D had a great RE3 Jill skin. It was probably downscaled from a higher-end render -- they should just port that to RE6. :)

Jill-Resident-Evil-Mercenaries-3D-alt-costume-1.jpg

Why the fuck I didn't know about this? Now I need to grab the game...

Game is better than RE5 so far, that game was horrendous. But it's still is a mess in many aspects... but it's fun as long as you can bare to trudge through the bad. Its not making me rage like RE5 did. RE5 still seems to be the worst of the mainline games so far for me.

I haven't been hit by enemies during the auto-camera parts either, but I think I could imagine it happening.

Believe he means that during certain attacks you are doing or such like melee, or getting up from ground, you lose camera control and you can't then see what enemies are doing to you. It happens quite a bit but usually only a problem if you are being hoarded

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Believe he means that during certain attacks you are doing or such like melee, or getting up from ground, you lose camera control and you can't then see what enemies are doing to you. It happens quite a bit but usually only a problem if you are being hoarded

No there are parts later in the game when you have to work switches and stuff, and enemies will gang up on you and sometimes the camera isn't even showing your dude... it'll be like showing you what the switch just did and then when it comes back to your guy, he's surrounded by enemies and taking damage.

It wasn't a continual problem throughout the game, but it's certainly there during some chapters.

kunonabi

No there are parts later in the game when you have to work switches and stuff, and enemies will gang up on you and sometimes the camera isn't even showing your dude... it'll be like showing you what the switch just did and then when it comes back to your guy, he's surrounded by enemies and taking damage.

It wasn't a continual problem throughout the game, but it's certainly there during some chapters.

I mostly ran into it with Chris' game. The camera would pan to airplanes and stuff and I'd be getting chomped with no way do anything about it. Never happened in Jake's game to me.

Evolved1

It happens in mercs, too... your teammate goes down and it rips camera away from you to show their disorienting death screen... meanwhile you're getting attacked.

It's pretty damn retarded.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

It seems clear to me that's not what he means at all.

I mostly ran into it with Chris' game. The camera would pan to airplanes and stuff and I'd be getting chomped with no way do anything about it. Never happened in Jake's game to me.
worst part is with Agent Hunt players, especially on Chris 4.

It happens in mercs, too... your teammate goes down and it rips camera away from you to show their disorienting death screen... meanwhile you're getting attacked.

It's pretty damn retarded.
That always sucks. you'll have like 3 health bars, partner goes down screen returns to you right as you're getting downed.

I need some pointers in Mercs, I know the general stuff, get all the time bonus and health early and focus on melee and keeping the combo up. Do certain enemies get specific points if you kill them with a gun /melee/counter or is it all the same?

Also is there a 3rd combo timer in mining the depths?

Evolved1

I need some pointers in Mercs, I know the general stuff, get all the time bonus and health early and focus on melee and keeping the combo up. Do certain enemies get specific points if you kill them with a gun /melee/counter or is it all the same?

Also is there a 3rd combo timer in mining the depths?

Well melee kills get you time+. A generic melee kill gets you +5, coupe de grace +7, and a successful counter kill +10.

Time left on the clock is added to your score at the end. So the melee kills are important. The most important thing is the combo. Keeping that up. Get your combo crystal at the very beginning (when starting your combo). And only get it the one time. Unless you screw up the combo... then you can get another crystal when you start it up again. After you have a combo over 9, the crystal does nothing. So don't bother with it (if I'm understanding Sectus' posts correctly) once you get over 9 in teh combo.

There are secret bosses, and minibosses. The deeper into the combo you kill them, the more they're worth. But it's pretty tricky keeping them alive. And the secret bosses that appear when certain conditions are met, generally appear early in the round... so it's quite a challenge to dodge them for 5+mins or whatever.

But in RE6 mercs, keeping the combo is everything.

I'd also recommend rolling with power counter on the zombie maps... it's really easy to counter zombies, especially in the beginning, and any counter is a OHK for 10+ seconds with that skill enabled. 12 successful counters is 2 extra mins. Sometimes when I play solo, I just get one or two time crystals and can get through almost all the enemies based on time I pick up via melee/counters. For the best score, you should collect all the time, but I'm just saying the power counters used generously can be very rewarding. They also have the longest invincibility frames (as far as I can tell) for recovery. Have to test this though, to be sure. But I get way less cheesy damage coming out of a counter than I do some melee move.

Well melee kills get you time+. A generic melee kill gets you +5, coupe de grace +7, and a successful counter kill +10.

Time left on the clock is added to your score at the end. So the melee kills are important. The most important thing is the combo. Keeping that up. Get your combo crystal at the very beginning (when starting your combo). And only get it the one time. Unless you screw up the combo... then you can get another crystal when you start it up again. After you have a combo over 9, the crystal does nothing. So don't bother with it (if I'm understanding Sectus' posts correctly) once you get over 9 in teh combo.

There are secret bosses, and minibosses. The deeper into the combo you kill them, the more they're worth. But it's pretty tricky keeping them alive. And the secret bosses that appear when certain conditions are met, generally appear early in the round... so it's quite a challenge to dodge them for 5+mins or whatever.

But in RE6 mercs, keeping the combo is everything.
Interesting, I think Ill start focusing on coupe de grace, and delaying the secret bosses.

Bladenic

About to beat RE2. It was fun, though I would never choose to play RE2 over RE4, 5, or 6. The old style games just can't compare to the new ones in terms of pure fun.

Evolved1

Interesting, I think Ill start focusing on coupe de grace, and delaying the secret bosses.

I added a little to the last post, but I'll say it again... counters > coupe de grace. They are easier to set up and don't cost any stamina. Chasing coupe de grace can really eat up your combat gauge. And you get three more seconds awarded for a counter (and imo I think it takes less time to set up, especially if you consider recovery time on the combat gauge). Coupe de grace is great for some enemies through. Like the non zombies. Or armored zombies (honestly I just shoot these guys in the legs) who are immune to counter OHK.

I added a little to the last post, but I'll say it again... counters > coupe de grace. They are easier to set up and don't cost any stamina. Chasing coupe de grace can really eat up your combat gauge. And you get three more seconds awarded for a counter (and imo I think it takes less time to set up, especially if you consider recovery time on the combat gauge). Coupe de grace is great for some enemies through. Like the non zombies. Or armored zombies (honestly I just shoot these guys in the legs) who are immune to counter OHK.

Depends who you use. I found an easy setup for Coupe de grace that I am still testing. For sherry one shot to the head then walk behind can sometimes give a Coupe de grace. But I need further testing for other characters.

Replicant

kinda sucks but all infinite guns have to be reloaded and since it only an under barrel GL its one at a time.

I found out that it's only applicable to the girls (Sherry, Ada, and maybe Helena?). Because Chris certainly has 6-8 rounds each load even with unlimited ammo turned on. WTF is this sexism, Capcom? Girls can't carry a Grenade launcher + 6-8 rounds?

I found out that it's only applicable to the girls (Sherry, Ada, and maybe Helena?). Because Chris certainly has 6 or so rounds each load. WTF is this sexism, Capcom? Girls can't carry a Grenade launcher + 6 rounds?

Chris, Sherry, and Ada don't even carry the same weapons.

Chris has a grenade launcher, which is 6 rounds per magazine.

Sherry has an assault rifle (the Bear Commander) with a grenade launcher attachment, which is 1 round per reload. Jake has the same weapon.

I forget what Ada has.... probably the Bear Commander as well.

It's not sexism at all

I found out that it's only applicable to the girls (Sherry, Ada, and maybe Helena?). Because Chris certainly has 6-8 rounds each load even with unlimited ammo turned on. WTF is this sexism, Capcom? Girls can't carry a Grenade launcher + 6-8 rounds?
Its because Chris gets the actual grenade launcher instead of a magnum. and Ada has explosive arrows in addition to the Bear's GL.
Sherry gets a magnum & has the Bear's GL.

I've only had issues with being attacked off screen in professional. I beat Chris and Jake in Veteran, and I only noticed it in Leon's after flipping up the difficulty.

Then again, I've been playing 100% in local co-op, so I'm sure my experience is different from most players.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah in a way I'd much rather have infinite magnum on Sherry than infinite grenade launcher on Chris.

Also I have definitely gotten ganged up on while camera control was taken away from me. I've never gotten attacked during those parts, but I've definitely regained camera control only to find 3 enemies surrounding me. It's annoying as hell.

Sectus

This won't make the wait any easier, but I stumbled on some other files related to the DLC maps, it seems to be something related to enemy textures and from that I got a bunch of enemy IDs. This gives me a rough idea which enemies will be in those stages.

So based on what I can tell...

Requiem for War:
-European j'avo
-Bees
-Ogroman

Rooftop Mission:
-Zombies
-Napad

Creature Workshop:
-
Neo-Umbrella
j'avo
-Napad
-Chainsaw boss

Liquid Fire:
-J'avo (not sure which kind)
-Napad
-Rasklapanje

Of course, some of this information could be wrong. I'm surprised Rasklapanje is an enemy listed as I couldn't get him working in Urban Chaos. This is a much bigger hint that Ogroman is actually a mercenaries boss. If that ends up truly being that case, then that's pretty special. There were also a few other enemies listed which I don't know what is, I think the majority of those are various j'avo mutations.

So in total that means we'll end up with 6 maps using j'avo as enemies and 4 using zombies as enemies.

kunonabi

I thought I made it pretty clear that it was my opinion considering I said "I". Or did you miss that part in my 3 sentence post?

Your second statement was stated in a factual manner as justification for you not wanting to play older RE titles over the new ones.

Gbraga

What did the patch do for RE6? I just got on and got a patch. I didn't see anything. =l

Lots of glitches was all I noticed. Every time there is an impact in a cutscene the game will freeze for a second. The gameplay~cutscene and cutscene~gameplay transition is also glitchy.

Bladenic

Your second statement was stated in a factual manner as justification for you not wanting to play older RE titles over the new ones.

Whatever, it's clear at this point that its my opinion. I still think they are good games I just don't see the appeal of running around solving simple puzzles and collecting stuff to insert into other stuff that fun. The way people talked about the old games made me think the puzzles would be, idk, more difficult or something. But they are the exact same as the puzzles in RE4-6, except there are a lot more of them and they are "bigger" in the sense that you might have to find multiple items to activate something or whatever. The backtracking tend to gets a bit old as well, though its not that bad really.

Again my opinion. And I still had a good time with RE2, and I consider it a good game and CAN see the appeal for other people. Even if I couldn't it doesn't matter since everyone has different opinions. Will be playing 3 next.

Sectus

Whatever, it's clear at this point that its my opinion. I still think they are good games I just don't see the appeal of running around solving simple puzzles and collecting stuff to insert into other stuff that fun. The way people talked about the old games made me think the puzzles would be, idk, more difficult or something. But they are the exact same as the puzzles in RE4-6, except there are a lot more of them and they are "bigger" in the sense that you might have to find multiple items to activate something or whatever. The backtracking tend to gets a bit old as well, though its not that bad really.

Again my opinion. And I still had a good time with RE2, and I consider it a good game and CAN see the appeal for other people. Even if I couldn't it doesn't matter since everyone has different opinions. Will be playing 3 next.

Have you played REmake (Resident Evil on the gamecube)? I think that's the best of the classic RE games.

Esura

Banned
I tried RE2 years ago when I was little and hated but Bladenic's post making me want to try it out again.

Is it possible to get stuck, like stuck in "having to start the entire game over from scratch because I forgot something like 20 hours ago" stuck in older REs?

Beth Cyra

I tried RE2 years ago when I was little and hated but Bladenic's post making me want to try it out again.

Is it possible to get stuck, like stuck in "having to start the entire game over from scratch because I forgot something like 20 hours ago" stuck in older REs?

No, you can always go back and get whatever items you need at anytime for RE1 and 2. I believe this is the case with RE3 as well, but honestly I hated the thing and have removed most of it from my mind.

Neiteio

This won't make the wait any easier, but I stumbled on some other files related to the DLC maps, it seems to be something related to enemy textures and from that I got a bunch of enemy IDs. This gives me a rough idea which enemies will be in those stages.

So based on what I can tell...

Requiem for War:
-European j'avo
-Bees
-Ogroman

Rooftop Mission:
-Zombies
-Napad

Creature Workshop:
-
Neo-Umbrella
j'avo
-Napad
-Chainsaw boss

Liquid Fire:
-J'avo (not sure which kind)
-Napad
-Rasklapanje

Of course, some of this information could be wrong. I'm surprised Rasklapanje is an enemy listed as I couldn't get him working in Urban Chaos. This is a much bigger hint that Ogroman is actually a mercenaries boss. If that ends up truly being that case, then that's pretty special. There were also a few other enemies listed which I don't know what is, I think the majority of those are various j'avo mutations.

So in total that means we'll end up with 6 maps using j'avo as enemies and 4 using zombies as enemies.
AMAZING! :O

Ogroman as a Mercs boss -- that is too cool! And glad to see Rasklapanje put to use in Liquid Fire. Also, the balance of J'avo-to-zombies across the different Mercs maps sounds appropriate given their balance in the campaign. :) One question, though -- when you say "Bees" for Requiem for War, do you mean the enemy that's a swam of bees commanded by the larger bee?

Bladenic

Have you played REmake (Resident Evil on the gamecube)? I think that's the best of the classic RE games.

Yes I played and beat it as Chris back in 2009. Amazing game, was the only old style RE game I beat until RE2 (which I haven't beat just yet, at the lab as Leon so I have about half an hour left tops). Again, the game wasn't like super fun to play like RE4-6 for me, but its an unparalleled experience in every other way. Still fun to boot. That game actually had some tricky stuff with puzzles and whatnot that I remember.

And no, you can't get stuck in RE2 Esura. Unless you're like horrifically bad at the game and waste all your bullets and healing items, but you're given enough of both (again, a thing that contradicts with what everyone says about the old games) to kill everything and then some. I have heard its possible to get stuck easily in CV but I haven't played that one yet.

Neiteio

I wonder if Ogroman will climb over some buildings to enter the arena in Requiem for War or if he'll be air-dropped like Chris Ch.2/Jake Ch.1 -- the air-drop is hilariously badass but there is something very Ray Harryhausen-esque about Ogroman climbing over a rooftop. Love that guy.

Sectus

AMAZING! :O

Ogroman as a Mercs boss -- that is too cool! And glad to see Rasklapanje put to use in Liquid Fire. Also, the balance of J'avo-to-zombies across the different Mercs maps sounds appropriate given their balance in the campaign. :) One question, though -- when you say "Bees" for Requiem for War, do you mean the enemy that's a swam of bees commanded by the larger bee?

Yeah, that's the bee enemy I mean. The one you already fight on Steel Beast and High Seas.

Neiteio

Ogroman should wear a trenchcoat and shades
Ha! Or how about Ogroman enters the arena dressed as a pizza delivery man and says, "PIZZAAAAAAAAA," and you're taking cover behind a barrier yelling back, "Not falling for it!"

Or...

0c0132562f37144070619f9236787662.png

"OH I SEE YOU HAVE A 149 COMBO, LOL"

Gbraga

Ha! Or how about Ogroman enters the arena dressed as a pizza delivery man and says, "PIZZAAAAAAAAA," and you're taking cover behind a barrier yelling back, "Not falling for it!"

We don't need that trick in this game, we already have
SCUMBAG LEON with his "WE'RE ALONE, LET US IN"

*Bloodshots approaching*

Or the other fans favorite where he begs people to let him in, and when they do, he lets them all die by unleashing Lepotitsa.

And don't forget "About Ada Wong..."
"Tell me about it"
"No."

Top Bottom