• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Does anybody think they'll patch in a fix/option to chage the camera FOV? Do Capcom even do shit like that, or is the game "finished" now?
I think capcom could try to do that. It's something that would be very possible, as I see no side effects to it. Maybe keep both, like uncharted 3 aiming

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
But let me start from the beginning, it begins with a tutorial section that is horrible. You have limited control of your character and all you do is QTEs and a ton of crazy shit is happening. After that you begin the section that was the first demo, which if you played it you remember how mindnumbingly boring it was as you are forced to slowly walk down empty hallways.
Which version are you playing?

I'm wondering about the demo section in the courtyard. Both versions of the demo (360 and PS3) suffered from pretty severe performance drops in the courtyard and in the hallway with the alarm. Does the final game improve this at all?

pa22word

Does anybody think they'll patch in a fix/option to chage the camera FOV? Do Capcom even do shit like that, or is the game "finished" now?

If it's anything like RE5 mods will be out in a few days that fixes this anyways. What I'm concerned about is whether or not they include that atrocious shakey cursor aiming when using a mouse.

EDIT: oops disregard this post got topics crossed and thought you guys were discussing the PC version

Sojgat

I think capcom could try to do that. It's something that would be very possible, as I see no side effects to it. Maybe keep both, like uncharted 3 aiming

Yeah, this would be great. It would help a lot of people, the camera during most of Chris's campaign and the later chapters of Leon's is fine for me.

dark10x

Actually, where is the college campus section located in the final game? I'm looking through Youtube videos trying to draw a comparison.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Actually, where is the college campus section located in the final game? I'm looking through Youtube videos trying to draw a comparison.
Literally right after the section in the first demo.

Nemesis_

Did anyone, umm, see a scene after the credits rolled on the fourth campaign?

Also, just did everything on Professional.
No new difficulties unlocked

dark10x

Leon Chapter 1. Like twenty minutes in.
Found it.

Watched the entire demo section recorded on PS3 in the full game and it looks as if the framerate is much improved. It was pretty choppy in the courtyard and the alarm hallway but it's clearly much smooth in the final game. It's hard to tell if it's perfect from the video, but it's definitely better.

That's awesome news.

Nemesis_

Question: does Revelations tie in with 6 so much it should be completed before or is it more self contained/continuation from 5?

Nope, no ties at all. There might be in the files (which I've yet to read) but nothing during actual gameplay.

is it possible to view the launch event anymore to get some points? im not sure where to look on Re.net.

Awww man, missed an event ALREADY? :(

DSmalls84

I am a little put off by the negative reviews, but I still want to grab my preorder and give it a shot. For people that enjoyed 5 and Revelations how are you liking 6 so far? I have played all of the main games in the series and enjoyed them, so I have a hard time believeing I am going to absolutely hate 6.

Daigoro

Nope, no ties at all. There might be in the files (which I've yet to read) but nothing during actual gameplay.

Awww man, missed an event ALREADY? :(

note sure. all i see on the front page for news is this:

Welcome RE.NET Campaign
10.2.2012 - 10.31.2012
Welcome to RE.NET!
Register on "RE.net" from your CAPCOM Account during the campaign, and we'll give you 40,000 RE Points to spend as you please! You'd be mad not to take advantage of this!

*Only 30,000 Points awarded once the campaign is over.

maybe thats the 40k points he was referring to?

under online events, it only shows upcoming events that havent started yet.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm back! I have so many RE6-copies and random RE6-crap next to me right now, it's actually disgusting :lol

Not going to lie, I really loved the opening sequence. No, I don't like QTE's, but I thought it was still really exciting and the QTE's actually had me a bit... engaged? Like yeah, they're QTE's and if it were up to me no game would have them, but I enjoyed how intense it was nonetheless.

Carbonox

Currently at the Cathedral in Leon's campaign. Like...this game is incredibly infuriating where its design is concerned. The environments are great and varied - plus I love the gameplay - but the constant enemy rush sections are fucking ludicrous, especially with the piece of shit camera.

Some nice enemy variations too, though I feel the dogs are OP and a pain in the ass, even moreso than previous games.

I'm also STILL waiting for some explanation on WTF is going on in the story. There has been absolutely fuck all. :lol Like 2 minutes of cutscenes so far.

Finished Jake's campaign, I quite enjoyed Chapter 5, though the QTE at the end was absolutely horrible. That song that played over the end credits was hilariously bad.

Riposte

Currently at the Cathedral in Leon's campaign. Like...this game is incredibly infuriating where its design is concerned. The environments are great and varied - plus I love the gameplay - but the constant enemy rush sections are fucking ludicrous, especially with the piece of shit camera.

Some nice enemy variations too, though I feel the dogs are OP and a pain in the ass, even moreso than previous games.

I'm also STILL waiting for some explanation on WTF is going on in the story. There has been absolutely fuck all. :lol Like 2 minutes of cutscenes so far.

Quick Shot seems to make quick work of dogs, no?

Locked in my Redbox reservation (360 version). Only one redbox near me had it available to reserve.

Picking it up after work. We'll see how it goes.

If I can only attack one campaign what should I go for first. Consensus seems to be Leon has the best one?

I'm not that terribly hard to please when it comes to RE. I've always seen the series as action-horror, so emphasis on action doesn't really bother me. In fact I've loved the action in the series since that amazing subway train sequence at the end of RE2.

I didn't, and still do not care for the big Majini dudes with the gatlin guns or whatever, but when it comes to the games having over the top action, I really don't mind it as long as there's enough horror elements. As much as I wasn't a fan of RE4's storyline, the gameplay and horror elements were there, and I liked them. RE5 had less horror elements but on the flipside I liked some of the mythology concerning the overarching story that they dished out toward the end, so I appreciated that.

So far RE6 hasn't did anything that has made me say "no, this isn't right." It has some of those things from 4 and 5 that I don't care for like gun-toting enemies, but by this point after having two installments with them, I'm used to it.

Gbraga

Use the quick shot against the dogs.

Sectus

This might already have been mentioned, but there's a big bug in the game regarding difficulty in coop. It works correctly for the host, but when the chapter ends, the difficulty counted for the joining player is whatever he had chosen in his own game. So if you have started a game on amateur, and you join someone playing on professional, it'll be proper professional ingame but when you beat the chapter, it'll count as competing it on amateur.

So if you're playing coop with a friend and you're the joiner, make sure to start a solo game on whatever difficulty you're gonna play on, and then join your partner.

This might already have been mentioned, but there's a big bug in the game regarding difficulty in coop. It works correctly for the host, but when the chapter ends, the difficulty counted for the joining player is whatever he had chosen in his own game. So if you have started a game on amateur, and you join someone playing on professional, it'll be proper professional ingame but when you beat the chapter, it'll count as competing it on amateur.

So if you're playing coop with a friend and you're the joiner, make sure to start a solo game on whatever difficulty you're gonna play on, and then join your partner.

I don't know. Maybe it isn't a bug? I mean, after all professional is only a difference on how enemies/health reacts, right? Then maybe one guy is getting pro damaged, and the other is getting amateur damaged?

Just speculating, still waiting for the PS store update -_-

Sectus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZeBMlKR3-c - Video I recorded of agent hunt mode if anyone wants to take a look. It's a gimmicky mode, but it's good for some fun. Just too bad the matchmaking is random only.

I don't know. Maybe it isn't a bug? I mean, after all professional is only a difference on how enemies/health reacts, right? Then maybe one guy is getting pro damaged, and the other is getting amateur damaged?

Just speculating, still waiting for the PS store update -_-

It is definitely a bug. I've done some tests and we were getting the right difficulty ingame for both of us.

Replicant

Plot point which annoys me: at the end of the story do Chris and Leon ever realize that
the woman who wears purple suit is not Ada Wong
? I mean how thick do they have to be? Especially Leon who has encounter said person twice with different attitude and personalities.

Gbraga

sup guys
image.php

News Bot

Banned
Plot point which annoys me: at the end of the story do Chris and Leon ever realize that
the woman who wears purple suit is not Ada Wong
? I mean how thick do they have to be? Especially Leon who has encounter said person twice with different attitude and personalities.

Leon never talks to Carla, and Chris never talks to Ada. It doesn't seem silly at all that they wouldn't know one was a clone and one was real. But I'm sure they'll have an awkward conversation after the events of the game about how Chris watched "Ada" get shot and fall off a roof while Leon witnessed her help him out in a helicopter and then leave him a rocket launcher and send him a text no doubt with a sent-time.

Replicant

There's a battle between him and Omonimo in the review thread. Should be exciting to watch.

Leon never talks to Carla, and Chris never talks to Ada. It doesn't seem silly at all that they wouldn't know one was a clone and one was real. But I'm sure they'll have an awkward conversation after the events of the game about how Chris watched "Ada" get shot and fall off a roof while Leon witnessed her help him out in a helicopter and then leave him a rocket launcher and send him a text no doubt with a sent-time.

But you'd think that
Leon will be suspicious that one minute he saw Ada in purple outfit and in another he saw her in red shirt. Surely in the midst of all the Bio-terrorism battles Ada didn't have a chance to change her clothes
? Just my logic, I guess.

Top Bottom