• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Nemesis_

But you'd think that
Leon will be suspicious that one minute he saw Ada in purple outfit and in another he saw her in red shirt. Surely in the midst of all the Bio-terrorism battles Ada didn't have a chance to change her clothes
? Just my logic, I guess.

I wonder if Chris was suspicious that
Purple Ada was wearing the same clothes she was wearing six months ago in Edonia.

News Bot

Banned
outfit and in another he saw her in red shirt. Surely in the midst of all the Bio-terrorism battles Ada didn't have a chance to change her clothes[/spoiler]? Just my logic, I guess.

He was suspicious throughout, but he generally had no idea what was going on because he barely has a grasp of Ada's personality and motives to begin with and has seen her involved in a lot of shady shit.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Ok wtf my game's save just got corrupted in the middle of the game for no reason. I can still load it though but I'm kinda far.

So... I'm done with the three main campaigns.

Is there any mention of HUNK in the game? I recall someone saying they data-mined the files and found something...

Daigoro

holy shit there were a lot of people at gamestop this morning. a 5 minute round way trip took me 30 minutes because i waited in line for so long. at least 15 in front of me and a good 8-10 came in after. i was there like 2 minutes after the doors opened too.

well, i installed my pre-order crap, linked my account to re.net, the game is installing and the coffee just brewed.

im ready to be disappointed!

Daigoro

Are you in the US? I'm still seeing it, and my profile says I have 42,000 points.

yep US. i have 42000 hundred points just for signing up. guess thats that. thought you mentioned something about an "event" though. was it just that opening intro movie thing? i skipped that but still have the points just for signing up.

guess im not missing anything.

Carbonox

Use the quick shot against the dogs.

I can't seem to be able to nail that down with the dogs. Leon either aims completely away from them or the dogs dodge like that buggers they are.

I can imagine it being effective though once I get it down a bit more. Will try again next time I see the mutts.

Man, Ada's campaign was near flawless apart from
the last chapter just being two of Leon's bosses
. This one takes all the good bits of the other 3 campaigns and mashes them all together.

QTEs are kept to a minimum, cutscenes are short and interesting, there's no stupid partner there all the time and even the camera/FOV seems better here (probably due to Ada's smaller frame). There aren't any parts that stand out as being utterly terrible either, as is the case with the other characters' stories.

That and Ada's just fun as hell to play with her grapple hook and acrobatics :3 RE4 fans are gonna LOVE this.

001tru3t.jpg

I am ready for the brosplosion!

Mitsurux

To anyone who has the game (won't get my copy till after work), is the save system similar to RE5?

Seems like something that is never mentioned in reviews.....

gconsole

holy shit there were a lot of people at gamestop this morning. a 5 minute round way trip took me 30 minutes because i waited in line for so long. at least 15 in front of me and a good 8-10 came in after. i was there like 2 minutes after the doors opened too.

well, i installed my pre-order crap, linked my account to re.net, the game is installing and the coffee just brewed.

Sounds like the game is selling well.

25 people? You haven't seen a cod or wow exp release lol or even final fantasy

Sojgat

To anyone who has the game (won't get my copy till after work), is the save system similar to RE5?

Seems like something that is never mentioned in reviews.....

It's autosave, barely even matters if you die. You also save progress when you quit out from a chapter. If you start a chapter from another campaign and don't finish the chapter you're on, you will lose that progress.

Daigoro

001tru3t.jpg

I am ready for the brosplosion!

is your ass ready for the assplosion after you drink that cheap swill?

25 people? You haven't seen a cod or wow exp release lol or even final fantasy

i dont go to those big event things usually. this is just first thing in the morning at a tiny local GS. i thought id get in and out quick. plenty of people there for 2k13 as well though i thought most people wouldve gotten it last night.

guess i was wrong.

Bladenic

My Amazon just changed to Shipping Soon. UGH I hoped it would have shipped today. Looks like it won't be until Friday for me. ;_;

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Ok, now that sucks. What exactly happened?

Apparently, the game data corrupted. Just the game data, not the save file, so something went wrong with the 1.01 update I guess. Just had to delete it and the game is working fine.

But yeah, I had to do Chris' Chapter 2 on Amateur because
there are too many J'avo and they barely give you ammo even on normal mode. :|

Christopher

If anyone is buying the ultimate RE set and has a spare RE 5 digital download I will glady trade/buy it from you as my RE 5 disc has become another casulaity to my son.

Picked up the Xbox 360 version from Redbox, looking forward to digging in tonight. As it turns out, I simply wasn't $60-worth of excited though, so decided to rent now to experience one playthrough with old videogame friends Chris, Leon, and Ada. Then buy it later--assuming I don't break the controller on the slap-happy QTEs--after the dust settles on how the less enthusiastic reviews (which have little influence on me directly) impact the price of the full game in the coming months.

SkylineRKR

Man, Ada's campaign was near flawless apart from
the last chapter just being two of Leon's bosses
. This one takes all the good bits of the other 3 campaigns and mashes them all together.

QTEs are kept to a minimum, cutscenes are short and interesting, there's no stupid partner there all the time and even the camera/FOV seems better here (probably due to Ada's smaller frame). There aren't any parts that stand out as being utterly terrible either, as is the case with the other characters' stories.

That and Ada's just fun as hell to play with her grapple hook and acrobatics :3 RE4 fans are gonna LOVE this.

Yup. Nail them against the wall with the crossbow, and somersault them in the face!

I also felt it had the best performance, perhaps because there is only one player character on screen.

Carbonox

So now I'm at the part in Leon's Chapter 2 where
Helena is running around like a headless chicken calling out to Deborah (I know she's her sister from the trailers). STILL nothing on the actual story of the game and like no cutscenes at all. Even Leon's all WTF WHO IS THIS CHICK :lol

I'm finding the game a bit hard though. I should really start using the dodge mechanics more haha.

george_us

Wooo just got it but I'm sad that there's no manual.

I'm also sad that there's an 11 MB day one patch that takes 7 fucking minutes to download.

yep US. i have 42000 hundred points just for signing up. guess thats that. thought you mentioned something about an "event" though. was it just that opening intro movie thing? i skipped that but still have the points just for signing up.

guess im not missing anything.

Signing up and syncing your accounts is the event. Sorry if I confused you.

Top Bottom