• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

GAMEPLAY SPOILERS

Details on No Hope Difficulty from the guide (via GameFAQs):
-Enemies are always moving at max speed
-Enemies recovered from being downed in about 1 second
-Enemies attack non-stop with no pause between attacks until killed
-Enemies that attack in combos or quick successions now have more combo moves to trap you longer
-Enemies recover from being dazed incredibly fast
-Enemies with firearms are insanely accurate and shoot and reload faster
-J'Avos chance to mutate has increased dramatically, 80-90% chance of mutation
-Enemies with grapple attacks do it a lot faster and can attack you more while grappling
-New mini bosses, including a new mini boss that will chase you through all the campaigns and can't die.

What the fuck! Especially at that last one :eek:

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
GAMEPLAY SPOILERS

-Enemies that attack in combos or quick successions now have more combo moves to trap you longer
-Enemies with grapple attacks do it a lot faster and can attack you more while grappling
-New mini bosses, including a new mini boss that will chase you through all the campaigns and can't die.
how is this unlocked?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Is there a similar list for the changes that Pro makes to the game? Also, can you start on pro?
Pro is unlocked from the outset. Essentially like Veteran in RE5, though maybe a tad harder. Enemies do more damage, bigger chance, of mutating, more health, but about the same.

Replicant

What's the chronological order of the chapters? Just wondering

More or less:

Chris Chapter 2 + Jake Chapter 1
Jake Chapter 2
Leon Chapter 1
Leon Chapter 2
Chris Chapter 1 + Leon Chapter 3
Jake Chapter 3
Chris Chapter 3
Jake Chapter 4 + Leon Chapter 4 + Chris Chapter 4
Chris Chapter 5 + Leon Chapter 5 + Jake Chapter 5

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
What are the actual difficulty levels here? Just Easy, Normal, Pro from the start or is there another inbetween Normal?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Gonna go buy the game now :D Wish me luck!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
What are the actual difficulty levels here? Just Easy, Normal, Pro from the start or is there another inbetween Normal?

Amateur
Normal
Veteran
Pro
No Hope (locked until everything is finished on Pro)

Sojgat

GAMEPLAY SPOILERS

So there's a difficulty setting you can unlock just in case you were having fun?

Teknoman

Pro is unlocked from the outset. Essentially like Veteran in RE5, though maybe a tad harder. Enemies do more damage, bigger chance, of mutating, more health, but about the same.

Sounds like Pro would be more fun from the start. Anyone know what difficulty the demo was set to?

Replicant

RE.net is up.

Down already?

WtVw0.png

I'm really stuck on a puzzle in Ada's chapter 2. The one with the falling floor. All google could tell me was the solutions for the two puzzles that came before it, both of which I figured out easily. ;_;

Those QTEs at the beginning of Leon's thing make my flesh crawl. What the fuck.

I used to like QTEs. Before this game. :( The ones you're talking about are fine. It's the climbing ones and anything involving thumbstick waggling that are truly terrible.

Replicant

Try "residentevil.net" and see if that makes a difference. I'm looking at the Launch event right now, it gives 40,000 RE points.

It's working until I tried to register for account. I thought at first it's because I chose PS3 and the PS3 server for registration is down. But the 360 doesn't work either.

After grabbing it at a Redbox, I've played the opening and now I've backed out and started to install it. I think this may be an all nighter. :)

Sojgat

Gamestop had like a billion stacks of the game and for the first time the cashier told me about how after opening it, I could only return it for the same game. > >

They know they'll be getting a lot back. They did the same thing with MW3 I believe.

Jawmuncher

good luck! dont eat it!

will there be stuff that you cant earn after a certain period of time?

I was under the impression all of the challenges for items and points will be certain time frames only. Though I bet that you're right and a good majority are permanent such as the one to unlock costumes that people were talking about.

All in All im still at a loss of what exactly RE.net is.
You can spend skill points on stuff on the site right?
And certain challenges award the top player something but what?

Did anyone figure out what the figurines are?
(The achievement says you need to unlock 3 or something)

Yuripaw

Banned
I've played the first 2 chapters of Chris's campaign so far. I can see why people would not be thrilled with some of the things they do in this game. So far I'm not hating it. The story, and campaign stuff is interesting, and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next. However I do agree with some people that the action in Chris's campaign is just kinda boring. I don't know what it is, there's a lack of tension that I always felt during RE4 and RE5.

It seems like one of the things a lot of people will have issue with is how the aiming works. Once I figured it out, I can get head shots pretty easily. Most people want good aiming and controls, but they lock all that stuff behind skill unlocks. I don't know if that's the best decision or not, nor do I know if I like it, but I understand it.

I have found at times, especially in the first chapter there were moments when the camera felt too close. I don't know if I'm adapting, or it's getting better in the game. It seems worse in close corridors. I don't feel like I ever had a problem with this in RE4, and RE5, so I don't understand how this is something they could fuck up still.

I'm not a fan of Chris's partner too much. Just seems like a generic jarhead. I wish Jill was his partner again :( I guess it would make sense if she takes a break after what happened to her in RE5..but still.

Sojgat

What was wrong with MW3? Didn't follow that game at all.

It wasn't as good as MW2. I took my copy back the day after purchase, the girl working in the store said they had 14 copies returned already:0

I like RE6 well enough (now), but there will be a big negative response by some people wanting their money back.

I've played the first 2 chapters of Chris's campaign so far. I can see why people would not be thrilled with some of the things they do in this game. So far I'm not hating it. The story, and campaign stuff is interesting, and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next. However I do agree with some people that the action in Chris's campaign is just kinda boring. I don't know what it is, there's a lack of tension that I always felt during RE4 and RE5.

It seems like one of the things a lot of people will have issue with is how the aiming works. Once I figured it out, I can get head shots pretty easily. Most people want good aiming and controls, but they lock all that stuff behind skill unlocks. I don't know if that's the best decision or not, nor do I know if I like it, but I understand it.

I have found at times, especially in the first chapter there were moments when the camera felt too close. I don't know if I'm adapting, or it's getting better in the game. It seems worse in close corridors. I don't feel like I ever had a problem with this in RE4, and RE5, so I don't understand how this is something they could fuck up still.

I'm not a fan of Chris's partner too much. Just seems like a generic jarhead. I wish Jill was his partner again :( I guess it would make sense if she takes a break after what happened to her in RE5..but still.

The camera is one of the things people have been complaining about the most. Skills unlocks are kind of stupid, you unlock more slots when you finish a campaign though, and you don't like Matt Dam.. Piers? Unheard of.

Teknoman

It wasn't as good as MW2. I took my copy back the day after purchase, the girl working in the store said they had 14 copies returned already:0

I like RE6 well enough (now), but there will be a big negative reponse by some people wanting their money back.

There was with Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City. I dont think RE6 will be as big seeing how a large majority of the people these days probably started as 5 fans.

yeah....i kept thinking Chris's campaign was gonna be more shooting, but ammo runs out pretty quick, and it feels like I have to resort to melee on most standard enemies.

I guess try to use the hand gun more than anything? Thats what i've always done for RE. Handgun for most enemies unless i'm in a bind, and everything else for minibosses/bosses.

On an off topic note, I need to get back into P4Arena.

hamchan

Spent most of the time in Chris' campaign with next to no ammo. It's deceivingly like a standard shooter but you still have to conserve ammo like other RE games.

Top Bottom