• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Some individual with a lot of free time on their hands so count and see which game has more QTEs, RE6 or Asura's Wrath.

Going by this almost completely useless tutorial section, RE6 is gonna win somehow

Esura

Banned
When they have their backs turn, melee them.

Thank you. :) I would of been stuck all day on that.

Chris Chapter 1 and 2 down and now Jake's first two Chapters. Now on to Leon.

I like this shit. I like Re.net too. I wish more games did stuff like TTT2 and RE6 with these websites.

Oh yeah, one more question. Is those costumes unlockable in game? Because I'm thinking about using my points for that Sherry school girl alt.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Well I'm talking about the game. I wont make calls on the final product until actually playing or seeing the final product.

That fuzzy filter sucks, and I don't know why it was implemented.

You are correct though, I was playing RE6 on a sony tv while watching the 1080p 360 stream on my pc monitor. but I would be extremely disappointed if the 360 version was this jaggy. Just sitting on the coop matchmaking screen (now for multiple hours) and helenas arm dances with jaggies as the train goes through the tunnel.
You'll be disappointed, then, as both run at 1280x720 with similar edge smoothing techniques. Image quality is virtually the same between the two demos and I don't expect that to change.

That's how I played both Dead Space games (which had TERRIBLE music that was completely obnoxious).

RE series has always had good music, though, so I'd be hesitant about doing that here.

Heh, did the same with DS. The only songs that I can remember enjoying from RE1/2 were the save room tracks. But they always stuck out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of the OST. Almost as if the developers were saying, "You hear this music? Everything is going to be okay!"

Don't get me wrong, from what I have heard, the soundtrack seems very well composed, it's just that I'm actually enjoying the game more with it off. I had a few "jump" moments last night, which hasn't happened in a really long time. And there's the possibility that those in particular would've been preempted with "spooky music".

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Well I'm talking about the game. I wont make calls on the final product until actually playing or seeing the final product.

That fuzzy filter sucks, and I don't know why it was implemented.

You are correct though, I was playing RE6 on a sony tv while watching the 1080p 360 stream on my pc monitor. but I would be extremely disappointed if the 360 version was this jaggy. Just sitting on the coop matchmaking screen (now for multiple hours) and helenas arm dances with jaggies as the train goes through the tunnel.

I don't have the game yet, but don't you have to start the game first before someone can join it?

Nori Chan

I died for the first time in (Spoilers for Chris' campaign, chapter 1)
When the building was being bombed and I had no idea where to go so Chris got crushed by rubbel and blood was coming out of his body :(

d0c_zaius

I don't have the game yet, but don't you have to start the game first before someone can join it?

nope they can join when you are in the lobby (shows waiting for another player).

when they join the chapter automatically starts. If they join even 1 second after you start the game they will not get a trophy (as is what happened to me for leons chapters 1 and 2).

You'll be disappointed, then, as both run at 1280x720 with similar edge smoothing techniques. Image quality is virtually the same between the two demos and I don't expect that to change.

Hmm thanks for the info. So I guess that means Capcom finally can make equal MT Framework ports or they just lowered their bar for acceptable quality.

dark10x

Hmm thanks for the info. So I guess that means Capcom finally can make equal MT Framework ports or they just lowered their bar for acceptable quality.
I think they made some serious errors with RE6 from a technical point of view.

The fact that it runs somewhat poorly on both systems is not acceptable without a PC version at launch to make up for it.

Until Dragon's Dogma, you could at least count on a smooth 360 version, but the latest iteration of MT Framework has failed to deliver great results on both systems.

In the case of RE6 they both seem to suffer from similar problems.

denshuu

From RE.net:

"You can link your accounts by entering the 18 digit verification code displayed on the game options screen under Upload Data once you have given your consent."

That's weird, I didn't have to do that. It just asked me to log into PSN. There was a confirmation email to link the accounts but that was it.

d0c_zaius

I think they made some serious errors with RE6 from a technical point of view.

The fact that it runs somewhat poorly on both systems is not acceptable without a PC version at launch to make up for it.

Until Dragon's Dogma, you could at least count on a smooth 360 version, but the latest iteration of MT Framework has failed to deliver great results on both systems.

In the case of RE6 they both seem to suffer from similar problems.

I actually went with the PS3 version for Dogma since it had no screen tearing.

But you do bring up a point that the ports aren't as clearly defined as in the days of Lost Planet and Dead Rising 2.

To the guy asking about the verification code, on 360 you get asked if you want to automatically share information with RE.net. If you didn't get it that time, go to options and select 'auto data upload' and the rest should be fairly straightforward.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Some individual with a lot of free time on their hands so count and see which game has more QTEs, RE6 or Asura's Wrath.

Going by this almost completely useless tutorial section, RE6 is gonna win somehow
Yeah but Asura's Wrath has that DLC with animation by Shinya Ohira. So Asura's Wrath is better!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Downloading... finally. :)

Maybe in a week I will read back through this gross thread.

I am about 5 hours in and its been almost non stop solid gameplay, I know the QTE stuff has its moments but it is very spread out. The variety in this game is insane, the second chapter is more
puzzle based, I say puzzles loosely as they are pretty simple but RE4 had simple puzzles too. It had nice co-op moments where you had to split up, it should be neat to play through this chapter through Helena's point of view. Awesome new monsters and a pretty damn good boss fight.

The camera is the main issue with this game and all gameplay problems stem from it. Many areas are tight quarters and you begin to get surrounded, trying to keep track of everything becomes a mess at times. This leads to melee attacks you miss cause you angled the camera wrong and it can become hard to keep track of enemies. The controls work just fine, everything is super responsive and you have a multitude of attacks and dodges at your disposal its just hard to do it all correctly when you cant see. If you have a low tolerance for bad cameras then I can see you hate the game.

Other than that I don't understand any of the complaints this game is getting. Setpiece by setpiece its been far more interesting than other shooters like Gears to me. Plus its super polished, no glitches, graphics are stunning in certain areas, the music is amazing and the voice work and cinematics are top notch. There is not one thing remotely broken or what I would consider mediocre in the game.

TentPole

Just finished Leon 1 on Pro and thought it had more tension than the series has seen since Code Veronica. Like legitimately scary. Am I out of my goddamn mind?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I am about 5 hours in and its been almost non stop solid gameplay, I know the QTE stuff has its moments but it is very spread out. The variety in this game is insane, the second chapter is more
puzzle based, I say puzzles loosely as they are pretty simple but RE4 had simple puzzles too. It had nice co-op moments where you had to split up, it should be neat to play through this chapter through Helena's point of view. Awesome new monsters and a pretty damn good boss fight.

The camera is the main issue with this game and all gameplay problems stem from it. Many areas are tight quarters and you begin to get surrounded, trying to keep track of everything becomes a mess at times. This leads to melee attacks you miss cause you angled the camera wrong and it can become hard to keep track of enemies. The controls work just fine, everything is super responsive and you have a multitude of attacks and dodges at your disposal its just hard to do it all correctly when you cant see. If you have a low tolerance for bad cameras then I can see you hate the game.

Other than that I don't understand any of the complaints this game is getting. Setpiece by setpiece its been far more interesting than other shooters like Gears to me. Plus its super polished, no glitches, graphics are stunning in certain areas, the music is amazing and the voice work and cinematics are top notch. There is not one thing remotely broken or what I would consider mediocre in the game.

Which system are you playing on?

dark10x

I actually went with the PS3 version for Dogma since it had no screen tearing.

But you do bring up a point that the ports aren't as clearly defined as in the days of Lost Planet and Dead Rising 2.
Well, Dead Rising 2 didn't even use MT Framework. Only the first did.

Evolved1

Don't bother.

haha... :(

writing was on the wall. i dropped in here one time looking for confirmation of a midnight PSN release and was really disgusted by the indiscriminate spoilers everywhere. before the game was even out.

people are terribly inconsiderate.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

1186332_o.gif

Good... good...

Lucent

Having trouble linking my PSN account to RE.net. Thought I did but nothing has been updated on the site after I've played some mercs.

And I love mercs by the way. It's still fun to play even if the level design of Urban Chaos isn't all that great. I like using all the moves. Jumping backwards while chucking a grenade at a pack of dogs. lol.

Chris, chapter 2 boss: can't waggle fast enough. 20 times in a row now. I'm a RE vet and I'm reduced to knifing a boss to eventually fail a QTE over and over :(

I try using my right hand and it's faster but sometimes I'll hit the back or guide button. It's still not fast enough and I'm mega frustrated.

bs000

I asked for Resident Evil 6 and then they gave me Operation Raccoon City. So then I punched the guy.
No
I did
n't.
But I should've.

Sojgat

Just finished Leon 1 on Pro and thought it had more tension than the series has seen since Code Veronica. Like legitimately scary. Am I out of my goddamn mind?

I don't even know anymore man, you people will have me convinced it should be GOTY soon. If Capcom fixes the camera I can actually see this... I'm so tired.

Stuneseht

Chris, chapter 2 boss: can't waggle fast enough. 20 times in a row now. I'm a RE vet and I'm reduced to knifing a boss to eventually fail a QTE over and over :(

I try using my right hand and it's faster but sometimes I'll hit the back or guide button. It's still not fast enough and I'm mega frustrated.

yeah, this was a pain in the ass. It's all in the wrist...

george_us

Two hours into Leon's campaign and I feel the exact same. Unwarranted hate.
Eh I wouldn't say the hate is unwarranted although the 3s and 4s are ridiculous. What bothers me about the game is that, for a Capcom game, everything feels super janky. Even the Capcom games that are considered "bad" i.e. Lost Planet 2, are very polished and technically impressive but RE6 just feels...sloppy as hell. I'm enjoying it but it's jarring to go from super technically polished games like Dead Rising, the Lost Planet games, Resident Evil 5 etc. It's as if RE6 was made by a western studio.

Amalthea

Banned
2nd Chapter with Leon: So Zombies can teleport from nowhere when lighning strikes? And the can jump at you and not even the shotgun can stop that attack.
It's a fucking joke!

Evolved1

I tried mine and it worked.

I got it sorted. I had to hit the "go to overview" button... navigated me to another page where I had to fill out some more stuff, and then next time I tried to link, it worked fine.

Saw this on Kotaku and LOL'd:

Resident Evil 1 - Ground-breaking
Resident Evil 2 - Improving on the last one
Resident Evil 3 - Boring and repetitive rehash of ideas

Resident Evil 4 - Ground-breaking
Resident Evil 5 - Improving on the last one
Resident Evil 6 - Boring and repetitive rehash of ideas

I can't wait for RE7!

Unfortunately for this commenter, I thought RE3 was fantastic -- even with Nikolai and Carlos. Nemesis is still the best series antagonist. Utsanak is a poor, poor substitute.

Lucent

Got my first B rank with Chris on mercenaries.

Kills: 91
Max Combo: 28
Score: 82380

I'm sure I'll get better. Crap's fun though. I still don't know how you taunt though. =l

Top Bottom