• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

News Bot

Banned
Saw this on Kotaku and LOL'd:

Unfortunately for this commenter, I thought RE3 was fantastic -- even with Nikolai and Carlos. Nemesis is still the best series antagonist. Utsanak is a poor, poor substitute.

The BH3 comment is utter horse shit. I don't understand how that game actually gets the criticism it does. It takes everything that made BH2 great and improves upon them, meanwhile adding new mechanics which added to the overall fun. It is also the only game for me that has truly given a bleak, desolate and terrifying atmosphere.

Eh I wouldn't say the hate is unwarranted although the 3s and 4s are ridiculous. What bothers me about the game is that, for a Capcom game, everything feels super janky. Even the Capcom games that are considered "bad" i.e. Lost Planet 2, are very polished and technically impressive but RE6 just feels...sloppy as hell. I'm enjoying it but it's jarring to go from super technically polished games like Dead Rising, the Lost Planet games, Resident Evil 5 etc. It's as if RE6 was made by a western studio.

Outside of the camera what exactly feels sloppy to you?

Amalthea

Banned
Saw this on Kotaku and LOL'd:

Unfortunately for this commenter, I thought RE3 was fantastic -- even with Nikolai and Carlos. Nemesis is still the best series antagonist. Utsanak is a poor, poor substitute.

More like:

Resident Evil 1 - Ground-breaking
Resident Evil 2 - Improving on the last one
Resident Evil 3 - Improving on the last one

Resident Evil 4 - Ground-breaking
Resident Evil 5 - Boring and repetitive rehash of ideas
Resident Evil 6 - Capcom forced lobotomy on all employees.

Please kill me!

Sojgat

2nd Chapter with Leon: So Zombies can teleport from nowhere when lighning strikes? And the can jump at you and not even the shotgun can stop that attack.
It's a fucking joke!

When they're in the animation you have to roll out of the way, stay on the ground it's easier to get head shots right after they fall on their faces. I don't know if quick shots work.

The BH3 comment is utter horse shit. I don't understand how that game actually gets the criticism it does. It takes everything that made BH2 great and improves upon them, meanwhile adding new mechanics which added to the overall fun. It is also the only game for me that has truly given a bleak, desolate and terrifying atmosphere.

You have good taste, sir.

Except you think Chris has the worst campaign in RE6, so... maybe not, haha.

Frillen

Played some Leon chapters now, and I'm impressed. Tons of variety and thrilling gameplay. One thing I do hate though, is that a shotgun blast can't cancel out the enemy's jumping attack.

Amalthea

Banned
When they're in the animation you have to roll out of the way, stay on the ground it's easier to get head shots right after they fall on their faces. I don't know if quick shots work.

I guessed that already but it's completely BS that you can shoot them down with the shotgun. I mean what's the physical law behind this?

Lucent

Damn. B rank still with 92,720. Had a 45 combo. A rank must be 100,000+ =l

Did it with Helena. Her loadout is fun.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The Catacombs merc map is really fun. Ended up getting an S rank on my second try, rank 24 on the leaderboard right now and I still could do muuuuuch better. Really wish the preorders weren't off that mode.

word of advice: don't walk on the left side of the bridge on Chris Chapter 2 if you want to avoid an otherwise unavoidable death.

I know, I know spoilers, but I'm trying to get people to avoid as many of Capcom's dumbass game decisions as possible.

Difficulty suggestions? Started with Chris on Pro and got SMOKED in the demo area. Ive beaten all the prior games on their max difficulties, should I bump it down to Veteran or Normal?

News Bot

Banned
As so-so as the story is, I'm really liking the files. There's actually an explanation for why the J'avo disintegrate when they die.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Difficulty suggestions? Started with Chris on Pro and got SMOKED in the demo area. Ive beaten all the prior games on their max difficulties, should I bump it down to Veteran or Normal?

I started on Veteran and am really surprised how much damage these damn Zombies do to me when they grab, but I didn't have any skills at the time so I should be able to remedy that a bit. I'm gonna just stick with this for now, since I thought the demo was too easy.

gconsole

Just finish Leon chapter 1 with friend. Got a blast. The game is just fun. Those reviewer is seriously sick and im not kidding. Now i feel a lot more relief playing this game. I thought its gonna be bad ...

News Bot

Banned
News bot, please help me on difficulty suggestion. Should I bump down to Vet or Normal? Pro is proving a little much.

I played the game on Normal, but I heard Veteran is challenging without being too... ball-busting. Can't speak from experience though, I've only played Normal and Amateur so far.

I am playing on veteran and I am dying plenty of times and am on low health almost always. A lot of the time its the damn camera that ends up messing me up but I'll manage. It seems like a nice difficulty for a good challenge but not stuck on a section for an hour kind of difficulty.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
This game is kinda janky.

Leon Chapter 1:
After Leon got run over by an ambulance, he obviously falls down under the wheel and says "guess we're not going that way".

I think I'm playing with camera speed on 3 and aim speed on 5. Turning camera speed right down didn't do anything for me. The camera still gets a little jumpy indoors.

Lucent

Pfft. Jill >>>> Sherry.

lol. I haven't played the game beyond the tutorial and some mercs with each character, so I can't really say how I feel about Sherry beyond her demo sections (which I liked her character there), so I can't say much on her. But I prefer girls with short blonde hair. =P

But yeah I already miss Jill. She looked great in RE5 imo. Going through the DLC with her and Chris was great.

highrider

Banned
Is there a way to change to a laser sight where you can see the beam? I found the bit to change color but I'm not finding it. I feel like I've seen gameplay where they have it but maybe I'm high.

Most polarizing game of all time.
tumblr_m9zn9bxwuj1rnjfjfo1_500.gif

hi

How does the Split Screen Co-op work between console versions? I assume you can sign-in to XBL with both GTs and earn achievements for both players as you play, but can you do the same for the PS3 version? Also, does it make a save file for both players when you save, or just for P1?

Can I get an answer on this? I'd like to go to the store soon and get it for PS3, but if I can't do split screen where we both get our own saves (and hopefully trophies too) then I'm not gonna even bother.

Top Bottom