• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard | OT | BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil

taoofjord

Anyone notice texture streaming issues on PS4 Pro? Potentially on regular PS4 as well? Sometimes the higher res texture won't load until I am as close to the wall or object as possible.

I'm sitting in this room knowing that the next obvious step is this Mia tape from prerelease teasers....ugh

Do I have to? Lol. I'm assuming
it's how you get the shotgun, by having unlock something

cheez124

to take down the
bug nests in the old house
, should i be firing in bursts with the
flamethrower
or just holding down the trigger? feels like i'm using up more then i should to get rid of them

Brhoom

Banned
I'm sitting in this room knowing that the next obvious step is this Mia tape from prerelease teasers....ugh

Do I have to? Lol. I'm assuming
it's how you get the shotgun, by having unlock something

No you don't. Videotapes are optional.

to take down the
flamethrower
or just holding down the trigger? feels like i'm using up more then i should to get rid of them

You can remove them with bullets if you want to. I just use the flamthrower until the outer shell of the nest bursts and then I fire the handgun at it untill it's gone

to take down the
flamethrower

Hold down the trigger until the nest bursts. A nest typically needs to burst three times before its completely gone, but some smaller nests don't need that much ammo.

Ms.Galaxy

Dang. You can beat it in 8 hours? That is a shame.

I beat it at around 3 hours in my third run, and I bet you can likely beat it in less than 2 hours.

It's a survival horror game, it's normal for it to be short. If it overstayed its welcome, it would make you feel less tense.

taoofjord

So everyone seems to be really positive so far, even those that have beaten it. That's awesome. I'm 2 hours in and loving it so far.

Brhoom

Banned
Can we talk about the "don't open the item box more than 3 times" trophy?

-Lucas forces you to open it to put all your items
-you open it again to take back your items
-you open it after Mia saves you becuase you have no items

So that means your fucked if you picked the wrong item.

20 min in
Creeped out
Awesome

Edit: like im in disbelief that A RE game is giving me this anxiety again.
I never thought they would ever again

No you don't. Videotapes are optional.

You can remove them with bullets if you want to. I just use the flamthrower until the outer shell of the nest bursts and then I fire the handgun at it untill it's gone

While you can skip them, they do offer clues. I didn't do the birthday tape and it sort of ruined my chances at a latter part. Also can anyone confirm if the last tape can be skipped? Couldn't figure it out on my playthrough.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Any way to get the first videotape back after the intro?

Jake2by4

Can we talk about the "don't open the item box more than 3 times" trophy?

-Lucas forces you to open it to put all your items
-you open it again to take back your items
-you open it after Mia saves you becuase you have no items

So that means your fucked if you picked the wrong item.

The requirements for this one is beyond dumb.

robotrock

Banned
I am struggling with another boss fight!

it's the wife or something, margret? she looks spooky and is really big and crawls like a spider sometimes. am i just supposed to burn her out or something

LUXURY

Okay, they've completely restored my faith after what I've just played. What an intense and excitingly fun experience. I'm really enjoying this video game. Wonderful job Capcom. Pure brilliance.

I've never felt more empowered in a game with a weapon than in this. Amazing.

Made some serious progress over the last couple of hours. This game can simultaneously make you feel brilliant and idiotic and I adore the sense of progression.

It's very much a love letter to RE1.

Longshot

Dang. You can beat it in 8 hours? That is a shame.
You can beat REmake in about 4 hours, they've never been long games.

What do you guys think about Jack stalking you around the mansion?
Not sure how I feel about it yet, seems kind of annoying... then again I've only played about 3 hours.

You can beat REmake in about 4 hours, they've never been long games.

What do you guys think about Jack stalking you around the mansion?
Not sure how I feel about it yet, seems kind of annoying... then again I've only played about 3 hours.
I feel like it's amazing and completely adds to the tension. I love being unsure and worried about where to go next.

Ghazi

I feel like it's amazing and completely adds to the tension. I love being unsure and worried about where to go next.

What I take issue with on that mechanic is how scarce and important ammo is supposed to be earlier on in the game, they force you to use it on him rather than saving it for Moldeds. I found that it was smarter to position yourself and the enemies in ways you can run past them rather than expending ammo and saving it for the bosses/forced encounters.

Stiler

Anyone getting a weird shader issues when you are holding something in your hand?

Like if I have the knife in my hand, there's a small area around the left side where you hold the knife that makes shadows and things "disappear", if that makes sense.

Jawmuncher

Jack just standing in front of a save door and walking away while it remains open to go "look" for you. Despite seeing your ass go into the save room, is one of the most atmosphere breaking things ever.

They really should've figured out a way to make some sort of canon reason as to why they can't go in some rooms. Like Zoe set up some bullshit or something.

What I take issue with on that mechanic is how scarce and important ammo is supposed to be earlier on in the game, they force you to use it on him rather than saving it for Moldeds. I found that it was smarter to position yourself and the enemies in ways you can run past them rather than expending ammo and saving it for the bosses/forced encounters.
I didn't even encounter him again until I was 'forced' to. I think that's very much a player choice rather than the game making you.

I completed the boss battle with him (chainsaw) before I even had the shotgun. I didn't even shoot at him in that encounter either.

I'm running past/avoiding a lot of enemies intentionally because that's how I play this style of game to conserve ammo. The game mostly allows you to do that.

couple hours in and i love this game!

my only issue is why can't we stream this on twitch? it blocks the entire game!
You can't even upload clips to YouTube either through PS4. Inane/archaic decision.

Has anyone tried Share Play? I was hoping to let my friend watch that way but I'm worried it might be blocked.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Just finished it brehs, it was GLORIOUS
rejoice.png

Final time: 7hs, 22 min.

Are Steam achievements fucked for anyone else? They pop up, but you can't actually see them (if you hit "view all achievements," you just get sent to your profile). The game doesn't even show up in my Recent Activity in my profile.

Scotia

Banned
Just reached the salt mines, but I'm stopping for the night (it's nearly 3am!). God, this game is fantastic! I'm so happy to play a Resident Evil game I can truly enjoy from start to finish again!

Something I've learned in my last session when I ran out of ammo; don't need to shoot at the molded, just dark souls the shit out of them with your silly pocket knife.

The one thing I was worried about from the demo and trailers was the game taking itself too seriously. After defeating the first boss, my worries were set at ease.

Top Bottom