• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard | OT | BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil

Sprinting and aiming is perfect in this game because it feels oldschool. In RE1-3 sprinting and aiming were pretty slow, too. They did a pretty good job with the first person perspective. You don't feel overpowered at all.

Quick question for early-ish game.
In the main hall with the dogs heads and Jack. Bastard won't back down and neither of the shotguns can be attained to be used yet by the looks of it. Started making my way through and found the next enemy type, but am I correct in my theory? I need to take that head off permanently with a bigger shot?

So about the 2nd Boss of the game...

So I'm now encountering the Mutated Marguerite, can I actually kill her? Cause I used 4 Grenade launcher shots, a shit ton of flamethrower, pistol, and shotgun. Making sure to hit her weak spots and in the end it didn't seem to do anything and I died.

She's durable but she will die eventually. Keep shooting.

Celeras

Banned
Asked before but no bites.. wanna try again:

PS4 Pro + VR folks: how was the opening sequence in the outdoors for you? I found it very straining on my eyes on the normal PS4. I dont know if it was the jaggies or draw distance or whatever, but I was squinting to try to look in the distance/etc.

I was much more immersed when I got inside, just wondering how others with the Pro feel. I don't know if theres actually any difference as it's hard to tell based on videos. I feel like they don't actually display what I see in the headset.

Quick question for early-ish game.
In the main hall with the dogs heads and Jack. Bastard won't back down and neither of the shotguns can be attained to be used yet by the looks of it. Started making my way through and found the next enemy type, but am I correct in my theory? I need to take that head off permanently with a bigger shot?

3 or 4 headshots with the pistol will decapitate them as well.

PS4 Pro + VR folks: how was the opening sequence in the outdoors for you? I found it very straining on my eyes on the normal PS4. I dont know if it was the jaggies or draw distance or whatever, but I was squinting to try to look in the distance/etc.

I was much more immersed when I got inside, just wondering how others with the Pro feel. I don't know if theres actually any difference as it's hard to tell based on videos. I feel like they don't actually display what I see in the headset.

Played VR on ps4 pro here.
I felt like the opening was very rough. I was like "is that what the game really looks like in VR...?" Especially that first shot when you get out of the car. It does get much better once you're in the house though.

Pein

Banned
You guys I bought it, I've been a fan of resident evil only since 4 because the horror in 4-6 has been super light, oh gosh I'm nervous this shit is gonna wreck me 😭

TheBear

Anyone else find the perspective in VR a bit off? Like for example when you pick up the phone it's too close to your head or when doing melee attacks you can't really see your arms.

Aside from that, it's fucking amazing

You guys I bought it, I've been a fan of resident evil only since 4 because the horror in 4-6 has been super light, oh gosh I'm nervous this shit is gonna wreck me 😭

Embrace it. The game had me on edge the whole time. I never once felt comfortable even when i had been playlng for hours which is how a horror game should be.

Okada

Even on the Pro that section was a bit rough. Everything after has felt great though. I don't have a regular PS4 to compare with anymore sadly.

You can't until a certain story point. You'll know when it happens. You can knock him down temporarily but he will get back up soon.

Ah ok. I kinda hope that sort of stuff doesn't go on too long into the game. I much prefer sections without the 'chasers'. I think I'm just a little burned out on that concept at this point and I'm having a lot more fun when they're not around.

That's fine and all, but that doesn't mean plenty of others are not having problems . Do you reside in the US ?

Yes, I'm in the US.

And I acknowledge that some people are having problems. My issue is with people immediately saying things like "FUCK CAPCOM FOR THIS DECISION" when it sounds like it's a glitch and not a conscious decision by the devs.

Okada

Anyone else find the perspective in VR a bit off? Like for example when you pick up the phone it's too close to your head or when doing melee attacks you can't really see your arms.

Not noticed this on my end. Does this still happen after holding the options button to center your position again?

I noticed that as well. I thought at first I was sitting too close, but that wasn't it. I don't think the calibrating of motions is perfect, but for the most part it is pretty awesome.

Teknoman

Yes, I'm in the US.

And I acknowledge that some people are having problems. My issue is with people immediately saying things like "FUCK CAPCOM FOR THIS DECISION" when it sounds like it's a glitch and not a conscious decision by the devs.

Hopefully I don't run into that since some of my friends were asking for a stream too.

I think I am going to beat this three times.

1 - Normal playthrough, not worrying about finding everything and all that
2 - Easy playthrough, get everything I can to get 100%
3 - Madhouse, once I know the entire layout of the house(s) and have a handle on the controls.

TheBear

I noticed that as well. I thought at first I was sitting too close, but that wasn't it. I don't think the calibrating of motions is perfect, but for the most part it is pretty awesome.

I did try calibrating but it didn't really fix it. Also the menu screen where you are sitting at the desk also feels like it was built for a midget or something? I guess there's a weird disconnect when walking around in VR whilst sitting also

taoofjord

This fucking game. Just got to first "boss" who is trying to
RUN ME THE FUCK OVER IN THE GARAGE
! WTF this game is amazing. And yeah, so far it feels like a pretty fucking fantastic take on a modern Resident Evil 1.

Just finished that boss fight and realized that many players may never even see what I put in the spoiler tags. Wow!

CrocoDuck

Played VR on ps4 pro here.
I felt like the opening was very rough. I was like "is that what the game really looks like in VR...?" Especially that first shot when you get out of the car. It does get much better once you're in the house though.

Yea it looked pretty weird at first, but once you get a groove and, more specifically, make it inside the house, it gets much better.

After many pages I can't find a single Xbox One impression, are you all playing on PS4/Pro/PSVR?

I'm sure VR here is as impressive as you say it is btw.

phant0m

Yeah outside was pretty bad. once you're in though...

My controller is....moist.

Top Bottom