• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard | OT | BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil

gagecube

Banned
Did I miss the handgun? I've picked up several ammo clips and even combined chemical with gun powder yet I haven't found it. To clarify,
I just finished the fight in the garage with Jack then proceeded to the main hall of the house after attaching a gold bull to the door to open it. Now I'm playing as Mia in the cassette tape and I'm behind the wall hiding from Marguerite.

Did I miss it?

I'm feeling like you missed it somehow

King_Moc

Banned
What parts of a PSVR do I need to play this?

I just orded the basic PSVR which comes with just the vr goggles.

Do I need to pick up a camera and the 2 PS moves in order to play this or is having just the goggles fine?

It doesn't use move, but all psvr games need the camera.

Varg

Banned
Wow so you can't livestream from your ps4? Friend wants to see me play some before he goes out to buy and every scene is blocked . Thanks crapcom!!!

Did I miss the handgun? I've picked up several ammo clips and even combined chemical with gun powder yet I haven't found it. To clarify,
I just finished the fight in the garage with Jack then proceeded to the main hall of the house after attaching a gold bull to the door to open it. Now I'm playing as Mia in the cassette tape and I'm behind the wall hiding from Marguerite.

Did I miss it?

On the floor in the garage.

giphy.gif

Wow so you can't livestream from your ps4? Friend wants to see me play some before he goes out to buy and every scene is blocked . Thanks crapcom!!!

That is not right I streamed it on twitch for hours earlier. Footage was fine. I could see it on my phone in the chat.

Maybe check your settings.

J4g3r

I finished the second tape sequence and after I came out of it, my mouse was completely unresponsive in-game

Anyone encounter this and have a fix? Hopefully it auto-saved...

EDIT: PC of course, meant to post in the PC Performance thread.

Just finished the game.

I was seriously loving the first 2/3 of the game. But towards the end things got really linear, and the last part of the game felt extremely rushed. The boss fights ceased to be interesting mechanically, and overall the game kind of went out with a whimper. Curious to try saving Zoe in another run and seeing if that changes much of the game. I felt like the game was building up to something great with both its gameplay and story, but it just kind of whiffs on the potential.

Also, the fact that there weren't more types of enemies throughout the game was extremely disappointing. The molded would have been fine as a single enemy type. But making them almost the only thing you fight throughout the game was just a complete bummer.

Does anyone think (late location spoiler, maybe read it after you've finished the game)...

the ship was way more terrifying than the house? The gameplay wasn't exactly the same and the environment wasn't as open as before but the location and the atmosphere...my god.

played about the first 1hr with VR and good god i nearly pissed myself a couple of times i though i was fine cause until dawn rush of blood didnt creep me out but thia game is a whole other leevel of scary.

Jake2by4

Does anyone think (late location spoiler, maybe read it after you've finished the game)...

the ship was way more terrifying than the house? The gameplay wasn't exactly the same and the environment wasn't as open as before but the location and the atmosphere...my god.

Yep the Queen Zenobia was creepy as hell

Personal no but still liked it. Mostly the reveals and layout. The
mines feel like a missed opportunity, not to mention you get a map for it right when you leave them, that was odd

Kalentan

So about the 2nd Boss of the game...

So I'm now encountering the Mutated Marguerite, can I actually kill her? Cause I used 4 Grenade launcher shots, a shit ton of flamethrower, pistol, and shotgun. Making sure to hit her weak spots and in the end it didn't seem to do anything and I died.

Won't be able to get the game till tomorrow, but want to know is which ending you get mostly decided in one spot/a few interactions, based on the amount of collectibles you grab, or is it something that is affected by many choices throughout the game?

Won't be able to get the game till tomorrow, but want to know is which ending you get mostly decided in one spot/a few interactions, based on the amount of collectibles you grab, or is it something that is affected by many choices throughout the game?

It's affected by one choice you make in the game.

OMG this is old RE!!!!!! I ran out of space in my inventory, I was passing so many things I wanted to grab and then boom a save room, YES!!! Still early on.

I have a bunch of ammo and healing items though, Im pretty sure this game will be easy on normal. No where near as tough as the older games which were pretty easy but they felt more dangerous than this game so far.

But man I am loving this, it's what the series needed.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
How do you run and look back at the same time? Can you even do that?

And as others have said Jack is fucking fast. I was straight running and he caught up to me. Mother fucker. How do you get out of his line of sight? What's the best method?

_Legacy_

I find the sprinting a tad too slow for me, or is everything meant to catch up to you after a while? The part where
Jack starts to chase after unblocking the bathroom, I even got a head start and he still caught up to me, had to make a break for the safe room

Personal no but still liked it. Mostly the reveals and layout. The
mines feel like a missed opportunity, not to mention you get a map for it right when you leave them, that was odd

I agree. (late location spoiler)
The fat monster in the hospital ward though....I wasn't prepared at all. That fight was intense.

So about the 2nd Boss of the game...

So I'm now encountering the Mutated Marguerite, can I actually kill her? Cause I used 4 Grenade launcher shots, a shit ton of flamethrower, pistol, and shotgun. Making sure to hit her weak spots and in the end it didn't seem to do anything and I died.

I ran out of ammo and had to use the knife. Not fun but doable.

And as others have said Jack is fucking fast. I was straight running and he caught up to me. Mother fucker. How do you get out of his line of sight? What's the best method?

Let him catch you. Block an attack with L1. Stun him with your own attack. FUCKING RUN!

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
I find the sprinting a tad too slow for me, or is everything meant to catch up to you after a while? The part where
Jack starts to chase after unblocking the bathroom, I even got a head start and he still caught up to me, had to make a break for the safe room

This is the exact same part I'm at and he caught me at the stairs in the hall!

gagecube

Banned

The ole bullet to the kneecap pretty much stuns him long enough for you to run away

Boy... you can escape me.

But really, Dodge him or shoot him to put some distance down. Then just avoid his line of site as he usually walks around. Also he can be right behind you but the minute you step into that save room, even with the door open, he will leave. Also I didn't figure this out till later but you can drop down from second floor to first at the broken staircase. A nice shortcut when in a bind.

Top Bottom