• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Community |OT2| Best Fans Ever!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Don't worry, you're back in your safe haven now where everyone can coddle you and agree with you because you're a special snowflake :)

Not quite. Took a look at the thread out of curiosity, his post was second from the top. Rather pathetic of you to make that assumption, really.
Is this irony?

Talk about pathetic assumptions. And in a scolding tone too!

Neiteio

RE bros stand up for each other

*Dick Justice walks down an alley, looking to stir up trouble with his boom box and parachute pants*

*RE gang members stand up, wearing their blue berets and red ballistic vests*

When trying to attack someone goes wrong
picgifs-resident-evil-3-nemesis-21834.gif

And thanks for the information Zombie.

Neiteio

We need a Sherry x Sheva team-up

Also a Sherry x Claire team-up. I love their current designs and would like a game exploring their daughter-mother/lil sis-big sis relationship.

Evolved1

RE bros stand up for each other

*Dick Justice walks down an alley, looking to stir up trouble with his boom box and parachute pants*

*RE gang members stand up, wearing their blue berets and red ballistic vests*

It's just funny this joker shows up and throws blankets of shade at the community, insinuating we all agree on everything and opinions aren't tested here. Get fucked with that horseshit. We don't agree on anything, other than the general agreement not to be shitheads toward one another.

As a fan of RE6 my position has been subjected to duress! And not drive-by shit-posting like that other thread, but actual reasoned dissection (thanks FancyClown) that was somewhat unpleasant.

Jesus, you love Rev 1. That's a damn island if I've ever seen one.

Neiteio

It's just funny this joker shows up and throws blankets of shade at the community, insinuating we all agree on everything and opinions aren't tested here. Get fucked with that horseshit. We don't agree on anything, other than the general agreement not to be shitheads toward one another.

As a fan of RE6 my position has been subjected to duress! And not drive-by shit-posting like that other thread, but actual reasoned dissection (thanks FancyClown) that was somewhat unpleasant.

Jesus, you love Rev 1. That's a damn island if I've ever seen one.
This post sounds hostile. I wasn't taking a side in your guys' argument. I was just likening it to a funny scenario out of an '80s music video.

(And I'd say RE6 is much more of an "island," which I say as someone who likes both, but that's neither here nor there.)

Evolved1

This post sounds hostile. I wasn't taking a side in your guys' argument. I was just likening it to a funny scenario out of an '80s music video.

(And I'd say RE6 is much more of an "island," which I say as someone who likes both, but that's neither here nor there.)
See, we don't even agree on this!

Btw it is hostile, ubersticky is my friend, so that guy can piss off.

kogasu

We don't agree on anything, other than the general agreement not to be shitheads toward one another.

Yes, funny and totally true. A community where nobody agrees with each other but you're all cool people.

Anyway, it's probably better to ignore the argument now. The defendee has been...defended.

Neiteio

I like to imagine what an RE convention would be like. I imagine each exchange would begin with "What's your favorite Jill face/Claire face," and then a 10-minute argument would ensue, and then both parties would conclude, "Well, I guess we're at the right place!"

Evolved1

I like to imagine what an RE convention would be like. I imagine each exchange would begin with "What's your favorite Jill face/Claire face," and then a 10-minute argument would ensue, and then both parties would conclude, "Well, I guess we're at the right place!"
I don't talk about videogames irl, that's why you folks must endure the full force of it here on gaf.

My apologies.

News Bot

Banned

Me doing a presentation on 20 years of botched localization.

kogasu

I'm not good at arguing...

I'd imagine an RE convention would be full of many types of fans. Even RE movie fans...There's a LOT to argue about lol.

Now that's a convention I'd love to go to. 10/10 would watch again!

Neiteio

I mean, how different can the localization be?

*fast-forward to News Bot's speech*

"...and so, in the JPN script, Spencer's research into the Progenitor Virus was really an attempt to create a new artificial color — the perfect shade of pink — for his side business selling lawn flamingos..."

News Bot

Banned
I mean, how different can the localization be?

*fast-forward to News Bot's speech*

"...and so, in the JPN script, Spencer's research into the Progenitor Virus was really an attempt to create a new artificial color — the perfect shade of pink — for his side business selling lawn flamingos..."

That's not far off in many cases. Lisa Trevor is a plant according to the English version of REmake.

Plasmolyzing of tissue during cell activation

plas·mol·y·sis
Shrinkage or contraction of the protoplasm away from the wall of a living plant or bacterial cell, caused by loss of water through osmosis.

So I just got done beating Resident Evil Revalations 2 and
it turns out I missed out on the good ending because I didn't skip characters during a seemingly inocuous QTE in an earlier chapter when there was no idication that that was what you had to do. I hate BS like that a game!

Neiteio

That's not far off in many cases. Lisa Trevor is a plant according to the English version of REmake.
SPENCER: "The right to be a... gardener, with really nice lawn flamingos. And maybe lawn gnomes, too!"

So I just got done beating Resident Evil Revalations 2 and
it turns out I missed out on the good ending because I didn't skip characters during a seemingly inocuous QTE in an earlier chapter when there was no idication that that was what you had to do. I hate BS like that a game!
Replay Claire Ch. 3, switch to Moira, and then skip to Barry Ch. 4. The real ending is amazing!

Jawmuncher

Speaking of which I feel like Revelations 2 isn't a very friendly game to replay, even with those bonus modes. Though I guess if you have the special items that alleviates some of it.

I felt like although it doesn't give you any indication that the moment is a big deal in terms of the story, the back story to Moira made it seem like the obvious thing was for her to pull the trigger. I just instinctively switched to her because it made sense to me given everything I knew about the characters and what made the most sense emotionally for the story.

I can see an argument for knowing who should pull the trigger via paying attention to the story, but an on screen prompt of some sort wouldn't of been that hard. Can't decided if I love ot hate the game. So many good moments but so many frustrating ones also!

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I can see an argument for knowing who should pull the trigger via paying attention to the story, but an on screen prompt of some sort wouldn't of been that hard. Can't decided if I love ot hate the game. So many good moments but so many frustrating ones also!
There is an on-screen prompt to switch characters. It just takes a bit to show up, making people who button smash well finish the QTE with Claire before it appears.

There is an on-screen prompt to switch characters. It just takes a bit to show up, making people who button smash well finish the QTE with Claire before it appears.

I'm guessing that's what happened to me! Just powering through episode 3 again now. This good ending better be worth it!

Neiteio

I still haven't played the Revelations games yet and I'm thinking about getting the first one.

Are they any good?
I love both of them. I just finished my third playthrough of the first one (this time in HD on PS3) and I thoroughly enjoyed every second of it. One of my favorites. Remember to aim for the arms to quickly stun enemies and set up melee moves! Also, I recommend classic controls, which play like RE4 but with strafing via L1. You can also dodge by pushing forward or back before an attack. And remember to thoroughly scan each area for secrets with the Genesis, and to backtrack to earlier areas with the new keys you find -- you'll find new weapons, custom parts and ammo cases you'd otherwise miss.

I didn't get very far in Rev1 I think I got to a boss on the boat, I think some woman transformed into a monster, she kept killing me and I gave up... but I do remember thinking the boat part rocked and was a great setting for a RE game but then I also remember like being in a skyscraper shooting hunters by the boatful and thinking this doesnt feel like RE should feel :(

About as high as Konami appointing Hideo Kojima as their CEO.

soyouresayintheresachance.gif

Well, we got a playable build of 1.5 and it's being completed by fans, so I'll still hold out some hope. With Dolphin and Wii emulation, it'd be easy peasy to get up and running should the game ever leak, too.

Nuke Soda

Finally started playing Revelations 2 and having fun with it. On Barry's segment in Ep. 2. Having way more fun with this than I ever did in 6.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I'm guessing that's what happened to me! Just powering through episode 3 again now. This good ending better be worth it!

Might be a bit late, but you don't have to go through Barry's Episode 3, just Claire's. Other way around with Episode 4, as well.

Just in case you didn't know.

This thread reminded me of a guy I knew in high school who called himself a huge Resident Evil fan but was actually primarily a fan of the live-action films and had only actually played one of the games, RE4.

One day I carried my copy of Outbreak with me to class because I was bringing it over to a friend's after school. During class while shuffling my binders out of my backpack, the guy noticed the copy of the game in there, and said "Oh I love that game! It's the one based off Apocalypse." (Apocalypse being the second live action film)

I corrected him and told him the games aren't even remotely based off the movies. He insisted I was wrong and told me he had seen the announcement and everything. It bugged the hell out of me. How can you possibly be this wrong? lol

Top Bottom