• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil HD Remaster |OT| Rediscover the evil.

dmr87

Noticeable differences between PC and PS4 or no? Can't decide on platform.

60 vs 30 fps is probably the biggest difference, not that big of a deal in a game like this though. I haven't seen detailed comparison shots so I'm mostly guessing here.

drotahorror

Good luck on that.

I can't for the life of me figure how to link my steam account. That page takes me to a page to put in a code.

UFqdA6r.jpg

I never got a code in-game. In fact, in game it told me to go to that site to get a code in the first place.

Good luck on that.

I can't for the life of me figure how to link my steam account. That page takes me to a page to put in a code.

UFqdA6r.jpg

I never got a code in-game. In fact, in game it told me to go to that site to get a code in the first place.
In game, click view account link code or something along those lines. It doesn't highlight but you can still click it. Enter that code in the site.

Croyles

Not up yet on UK PSN? Or am I just not finding it?

EDIT: Never mind found it by searching.

PSN is terrible at updating new releases.

KyleCross

Okay, I found out the culprit for my audio desync problems in in-game cutscenes. It's... the 60fps. When I play the game on 30fps the audio sync is perfect. WTF is going on here?

Bl@de

Okay, I found out the culprit for my audio desync problems in in-game cutscenes. It's... the 60fps. When I play the game on 30fps the audio sync is perfect. WTF is going on here?

Hehe sounds like the original 1998 pc game. Things speed up when you go faster than 30fps. I bet it's the case of japanese devs using frames as a time unit. Mikami even had it in Evil Within. I will wait and see what bugs emerge and wait for them to be patched.

Uraizen

Banned

Mine is fine at 60fps visually during in-game cutscenes, but the subtitles aren't in sync. I'm also having this weird issue where when I open my inventory the game slows down to a constant 15(?) fps and only fixes itself after I open a door or a live zombie appears on screen.

drotahorror

Mine is fine at 60fps visually during in-game cutscenes, but the subtitles aren't in sync. I'm also having this weird issue where when I open my inventory the game slows down to a constant 15(?) fps and only fixes itself after I open a door or a live zombie appears on screen.

Turn vsync off. If it's already off then I don't know what the problem is.

3am here now, I'm going to call it a night. But I really like what I've played through so far, the visuals really make this, so much atmosphere. I was actually getting chills in the graveyard.

-Cwalat-

you never know.

From what i've seen in video previews, the gameplay is horrible. Enemies are horrible. Visuals are horrible.

It goes to say, that this remake has better visuals.

Oh well, hopefully something changes at Capcom and Resident Evil 7 is better than Revelations 2.

...edit: Hopefully, i'm wrong about Revelations 2. Considering the game isn't even out yet, the gameplay and visuals could improve significantly before release. Hopefully.

Bl@de

Can you configure key bindings? I saw that mouse and WASD is standard but if I get it on PC I want to play it like it's 1998.

Arrow Keys for Movement
A/S/D for Ready Weapon/Run/Use

Jobbs

Banned
I played th eoriginal RE1 in the 90s but never played the remake. was saving it for this.

man we used to be more hardcore as a people. XD the game is obtuse by today's standards. some aspects of this obtuseness I like, other aspects not so much. not being able to see an enemy properly because you're at an arbitrary camera switch point is an example of something that feels unnecessarily annoying, but I guess it's a requirement for the camera style. aiming the gun is also pretty tough.

I also have no idea where to go, which is sort of interesting, I guess. I let a dog into the mansion at the start and couldn't even kill it. XD

I played th eoriginal RE1 in the 90s but never played the remake. was saving it for this.

man we used to be more hardcore as a people. XD the game is obtuse by today's standards. some aspects of this obtuseness I like, other aspects not so much. not being able to see an enemy properly because you're at an arbitrary camera switch point is an example of something that feels unnecessarily annoying, but I guess it's a requirement for the camera style. aiming the gun is also pretty tough.

I also have no idea where to go, which is sort of interesting, I guess. I let a dog into the mansion at the start and couldn't even kill it. XD

As a first time player I haven't had much issues with aiming. Not saying its a "git gud" thing, but as long as your gun seems to be in the general vicinity of the enemy you'll hit it. Hell there was a dog right up my ass and I aimed down even though it was behind me and still managed to shoot it with my pistol.

Loving this game so far, but like you said; the camera switching can be annoying when there's an enemy on the other screen. It does add some tension and is actually well designed in a few areas (like the enemy in the mirror or the one around the corner in the room with the statue with the map), but sometimes its just annoying.

Cudder

I have no fucking idea what I should be carrying with me in my inventory. I have an emblem, a mansion key, my gun, my knife, ink ribbons, and a fuel canteen. What's useful, and what's not? When do I get rid of keys in my inventory? I have no clue if I'll be using this stuff in the next 5 minutes or the next hour.

I feel like a healing item, my gun and ammo are obvious musts, and that's half my inventory already.

Symphonia

Banned
I played the original Resident Evil on PS, but never got around to playing REmake on GC. I might just have to buckle and buy this. For someone who has only played RE and RE4, what should I go in expecting?

I have no fucking idea what I should be carrying with me in my inventory. I have an emblem, a mansion key, my gun, my knife, ink ribbons, and a fuel canteen. What's useful, and what's not? When do I get rid of keys in my inventory? I have no clue if I'll be using this stuff in the next 5 minutes or the next hour.

I feel like a healing item, my gun and ammo are obvious musts, and that's half my inventory already.

I learned that carrying the ink is pointless since safe rooms tend to have item boxes and type writers anyway. And even if they don't, when you want to save you could just make a trip to one that does. I honestly don't know about the knife. I'd rather just carry my pistol and ammo and a shotgun and only kill enemies when I have to.

I guess its just kind of a crapshoot as to what you have to keep and what you don't.

I played the original Resident Evil on PS, but never got around to playing REmake on GC. I might just have to buckle and buy this. For someone who has only played RE and RE4, what should I go in expecting?

Like RE1 but better-er

That's probably good, I'd only have the canteen if I'm backtracking. Also need a lighter with Jill.

This game is hard or what? I picked the option that I'd assume is normal...the one that says not too strenuous that is in the middle? First zombie took 14 rounds to kill which left me with one shot and I had to use a knife on the next encounter and I died on the next zombie. Also opened the front door and dog came through and killed me in one go...couldn't do shit.

-Cwalat-

That it's a lot like RE but some minor changes, that add quite alot to the feeling. Expect gorgeous visuals and a surprise boss fight.

This game is hard or what? I picked the option that I'd assume is normal...the one that says not too strenuous that is in the middle? First zombie took 14 rounds to kill which left me with one shot and I had to use a knife and I died on the next zombie. Also opened the front door and dog came through and killed me in one go...couldn't do shit.

The starting difficulties are:
1. Normal
2. Easy
3. Very Easy

Bl@de

This game is hard or what? I picked the option that I'd assume is normal...the one that says not too strenuous that is in the middle? First zombie took 14 rounds to kill which left me with one shot and I had to use a knife on the next encounter and I died on the next zombie. Also opened the front door and dog came through and killed me in one go...couldn't do shit.

Don't open the front door. Don't fight everything. Just run away. Like a normal person would do in that madhouse

Edit: And yeah, you picked "Easy"^^

Jinroh

Does anyone know why aspect ratio doesn't work with this game on pc?

The maximum resolution is 1920*1080, but it should still fill the screen on my 2560*1440 monitor. Still I end up having black bars on all borders.

I checked in the nvidia control panel and the scaling is indeed set on GPU, so I don't understand what's happening. The game is forcing a native 1080p?

Top Bottom