• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons |OT| 3D Jill Sandwiches

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Face buttons as the camera, yeah...no thanks. That sucked in Peacewalker and it blows here to. But hey if you like it, cool for you.
Was great in PW although the option to make the walking on the face buttons and the aiming on the analog thingie would have been appreciated and be pretty much perfect. Loved playing Quake III on DC in that way back in the day, makes sense too since you generally turn with the camera view controls so you don't need movement to be analog too, like WASD on PC.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Oh man, forgot about the demo. Downloading now! Demos on a Nintendo handheld feels like Christmas all over. The amount of clicks it takes before you actually DL the demo tho -_-

Alrus

So I ended up finishing the demo (had to take a break). Normal mode was pretty easy, grenades took care of the 2 special monsters, I got hit a few times by regular ones but herbs took care of it.

I screamed like a little girl when the monsters dropped from the ceiling >.> I'm never playing this game in public...

Reknoc

I'm sure going to hope so. You do pick up the weapon modification kit, but I didn't bother to try and use it. But even so before you pick that up, it takes a lot to take down a zombie.

You can't use it. I'm guessing that it'd be something used between episodes.

Too much, especially with the loading inbetween.

What's the "30 uses" remaining?

You can only play the demo 30 times.

pulga

Banned
Too much, especially with the loading inbetween.

What's the "30 uses" remaining?

Um so how many clicks does it take you to download something on XBLA or PSN? Genuinely curious, there must be some shortcut I don't know about where I can download my demos in 2 clicks!

Had high hopes and this demo did not let me down. I felt the controls felt fine so I don't know if I will get the frankenstick. Atleast maybe not with this game.

It looked better in thirdperson and felt more like resident but the first person view did make it easier for me to pull off the headshots.

I felt the scanner was fine since you only needed to boot it up in a room and check the dot if there were anything to find.

watershed

Banned
Lining up head shots was easiest with the gyro but I'm thinking of getting the CPP so I can keep the 3d on and be deadly at the same time.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
In case somebody had any doubts, hell mode is where it's at for any seasoned RE player. I actually ran out of ammo and died on hell mode ; )

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
That 30 uses only is a bit of a downer, but realistically I wouldn't play the games that many times, even when I count 3 people using the 3DS.

Um so how many clicks does it take you to download something on XBLA or PSN? Genuinely curious, there must be some shortcut I don't know about where I can download my demos in 2 clicks!
It's not so much the navigation, but when downloading something it basically asks you 2 times if you want to download it. It's not necessary, it's also not necessary to ask if you want to download now or in standby mode, it should be done automatically. Not to mention the loading in between. If we leave the clicking but it's done instantly, it wouldn't be half as annoying.

pulga

Banned
That 30 uses only is a bit of a downer, but realistically I wouldn't play the games that many times, even when I count 3 people using the 3DS.

It's not so much the navigation, but when downloading something it basically asks you 2 times if you want to download it. It's not necessary, it's also not necessary to ask if you want to download now or in standby mode, it should be done automatically. Not to mention the loading in between. If we leave the clicking but it's done instantly, it wouldn't be half as annoying.

I'll defend the now or later option to death. It proved immensely useful during the Ambassador games barrage.

FatCat

Played the demo.

This will be the first game I will play without 3D, simply because in 2D everything is buttery smooth and beautiful (no aliasing). The game has some impressive effects (smoke and lighting in particular) and runs at a decent framerate.

While I enjoyed RE5, I think I'll be even happier with this game. I crapped my pants a couple of times, the enemy placement is great and the music definitely helped to up the pressure/tension. Story looks enjoyable enough too :) I was having reservations because of some online reviews, but this demo made sure my money stays put on my pre-order with circle-pad.

One week to go!

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
I'll defend the now or later option to death. It proved immensely useful during the Ambassador games barrage.
Because you're forced to to watch it download yes, which is awful in the first place

RE demo is good so far for me. Looks gorgeous at least, and I always loved the tank controls

blu

You got me curious there. Please, elaborate.

watershed

Banned

Yeah I think its a great option and I don't get how it would work automatically. The only interface screen between choosing a purchase and completing it that I would get rid of is the "see the rating info above screen and click to continue". They should just combine the rating info with the file size and price page.

Other than that I like the download now or later option and the free space before and after screen, the payment stuff is a little annoying but the credit card save feature makes that faster as well.

Boney

Banned
I'm still trying to get a good hang off the dodging mechanic.

Realized that depending of the attack, you gotta push the stick in diferent directions. The grab with their left arm, you gotta dodge forward (knifing at the exact time also seems to work). While the vertical smash with the right arm needs to be avoided to the sides.

It's hard to pull off consistently though.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
You got me curious there. Please, elaborate.
On 360 it is added to a download list automatically, and when you shut off the 360 (when you have download in standby mode enabled) it will continue to download in low power mode and then shut it off

For the 3DS this would make perfect sense because you can so easily close it. But you have to manually select for each if you want to download in standby mode and then close, small inconvenience but when you're used to to it it's hard to go backwards to this

Alrus

Edit: Nevermind.

Oh by the way, I was pretty unsure about getting this game due to being easily scared (jump scare are extremely efficient on me...) but in the end I found that really fun, I'm really happy they decided on making a demo. They got one more sale from it! :)

blu

On 360 it is added to a download list automatically, and when you shut off the 360 (when you have download in standby mode enabled) it will continue to download in low power mode and then shut it off.

For the 3DS this would make perfect sense because you can so easily close it. But you have to manually select for each if you want to download in standby mode and then close, small inconvenience but when you're used to to it it's hard to go backwards to this
Ok. But what if I don't want the DL to start immediately, but only when I close the system? Because, say, I plan to play online in the next 5 min? The only way I see that viable, the DL would start from a queue ASAP, but any (online) title run in the meantime would need to pause it.

Love the demo. Its not necessarily a return to Mansion Resident Evil, but more of RE4 type. Actiony but atmospheric. And yes, the jump out scares got me. :)

Slime

Banned
Really enjoyed the demo, even if it was on the short side. I think it basically solidified my desire for the Circle Pad Pro though. The native option works, but it's a bit cramped and awkward and brought back some unfortunate memories of certain PSP shooters.

February is going to murder me.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
LOL at the end on hell mode.
I had 14 shots left in the machine gun so I ran past the enemies in the room before, ducked the swing of the claw arm thing, opened the elevator door and saw that clusterfuck. Died. :(

I really like it! But I can't use the 3d at all, ghosts like crazy.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Ok. But what if I don't want the DL to start immediately, but only when I close the system? Because, say, I plan to play online in the next 5 min? The only way I see that viable, the DL would start from a queue ASAP, but any (online) title run in the meantime would need to pause it.
I dunno how the 3DS is with multitasking, but yes, the queue thingy. If you could at least browse the shop further while it's downloading it'd be a huge upgrade

LOL at the end on hell mode.
I had 14 shots left in the machine gun so I ran past the enemies in the room before, ducked the swing of the claw arm thing, opened the elevator door and saw that clusterfuck. Died. :(

I really like it! But I can't use the 3d at all, ghosts like crazy.

just died there myself. came so close to succeeding :( had plenty of machine gun ammo, but once you fall on your
sexy sexy
ass you have to use the pistol.

I didn't think it was that scary at all. Everything was pretty obvious imo. The constant sound of zombies walking around gets old fast aswell. But I still think this game is amazing though. Played it through like four times, should try Hell mode but I'm sure I'll die, lol.

By the way, I think you can dodge enemy attacks by quickly pressing Y right before it attacks you. Like a parry. That's how I did it anyway. And I was running aswell, don't know if you can do it standing still. Hope this helps!

pulga

Banned
I didn't think it was that scary at all. Everything was pretty obvious imo. The constant sound of zombies walking around gets old fast aswell. But I still think this game is amazing though. Played it through like four times, should try Hell mode but I'm sure I'll die, lol.

There's your problem.

Kai

I am so torn....

I want to play the game with full 3D on but the difference in frame rate and aliasing in 2D make it hard to justify. In 2D mode this game looks damn near next gen quality....

Pie Lord

The demo is very impressive. This game is shaping up to be the Resident Evil I've wanted since RE4. A strong blend of the more action based approach of RE4 combined atmosphere, puzzle solving and survival aspects similar to the older RE games. The price is kinda of a killer though, I think I'll end up waiting a few months to see if it comes down to the $30ish range.

Top Bottom