• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons |OT| 3D Jill Sandwiches

Zomba13

My Zavvi order with the circle pad pro arrived today (I was shocked too).
Not played yet, charging my 3DS to full. I'm not much of a fan of the circle pad yet, it feels awkward to hold with the 3DS in. I haven't used it in game yet so I don't know how it feels while actually playing yet.

I like the black wrist strap though. Took the white/grey one off my Zelda Wiimote and put the black one on it instead. Looks better with the gold.

any news on number of save files? would hate another mercenaries situation where its only one that cant be deleted

2 or more would be ideal for me!

ksamedi

Im really loving the episodic nature of this title. It fits the handheld perfectly. If your a buys person, this structure is perfect.

Some impressions:

The graphics are really nice but the 3D doesn't suit the title very well. If you put the 3D on strong or very strong a lot of ghosting occurs. It becomes almost unplayeble. The normal 3D mode is almost exactly the same as 2D so its probably better to just play this in 2D.

The enemy designs are kind of boring. The enemies feel and act like they are from a silent hill game, except they don't look as disturbing. Maybe later on it will get better (Im at episode 3 now). The game does feel more scary then RE4, though. The small 3DS screen gives you a claustrophobic feeling.

The scanning element is really well done and it adds some nice gameplay elements. The sound design is great too. Playing this game with headphones and I love it.

Circle pad pro is a must! really great dual analog controls, you know, you can move and shoot and stuff. Really conforable and better than single analog play where you can't move and shoot at the same time.

Never tell a non videogamer to get you a certain game.
I told my mum she should get my the new RE for 3DS as she was going shopping anyway.

well, 2 hours later she came home and gave me Resident Evil for 3DS which she bought for (and i quote)"a absolutly fantastic price!!". lol urgh
IdBM4.jpg

anyway, no regrets.
if there are any mercenaries here please drop me a PM with your friendscode for some online slaughter.

will get Revelations on monday

I don't really like the peripheral. Too much plastic, it makes the system heavier, the inability to use the normal buttons messes with my brain, all in all I find it completely unnecessary for this game, especially since it uses the RE4 gameplay principles.

AWESOME GAME though...

Bumhead

Banned
My local GAME store was sold out by lunch time. Saw plenty of people buying it and the lad infront of me was told he'd got the last copy. I got the game yesterday but I also managed to blag the last Circle Pad Pro today.

Probably more an indication of that stores crap stock levels, but i hope the game sells well.

sphinx

the piano man
there was ONE revelaitons copy in my local gamestop in Germany, conveniently, secretly hidden among all other regular games, I almost said " woah, what is this doing here, the very first day in the market and already treated like any other game?"

Is there a new game+?

Yes, after you beat the game you can start in any difficult option with all your stuff. What I want to know is if you can start Hell mode from zero.

So addicted to raid mode right now, but the online mode I don't think is as fun as the mercenaries.

bitoriginal

Mine also arrived from Zavvi today. Looking forward to getting into it after work. Can't wait to feel the sweet chunkiness of the cpp. Hopefully I can actually play for longer than an hour without feeling crippled.

PK Gaming

I told my mum she should get my the new RE for 3DS as she was going shopping anyway.

well, 2 hours later she came home and gave me Resident Evil for 3DS which she bought for (and i quote)"a absolutly fantastic price!!". lol urgh
http://i.imgur.com/IdBM4.jpg[IMG]

anyway, no regrets.
if there are any mercenaries here please drop me a PM with your friendscode for some online slaughter.

will get Revelations on monday[/QUOTE]

Surely you should have seen that coming? Parents have always been incompetent at buying games (since the dawn of time)

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
My local GAME store was sold out by lunch time. Saw plenty of people buying it and the lad infront of me was told he'd got the last copy. I got the game yesterday but I also managed to blag the last Circle Pad Pro today.

Probably more an indication of that stores crap stock levels, but i hope the game sells well.

£38 in GAME. Circle Pad Pro is £20 in there.

I'd say you dodged a bullet.

CoolS

Episode 1 finished!

Really like it so far, only thing that's weird is that there's way more ammo than I can pick up

kanugo

Played a couple of minutes. I'm in love with the circle pad. Besides the camera control, the 3DS feels great on my hands. Much more robust.

For the people who bought/received the pack with the circle pad pro, the cover of the game seems like a fotocopy/scan, or is just me?

Played a couple of minutes. I'm in love with the circle pad. Besides the camera control, the 3DS feels great on my hands. Much more robust.

For the people who bought/received the pack with the circle pad pro, the cover of the game seems like a fotocopy/scan, or is just me?

Its definately lower quality, plus the huge USK 16 logo really annoys the hell out of me

kanugo

Its definately lower quality, plus the huge USK 16 logo really annoys the hell out of me

Thanks. I was starting to believe it was only me. Another thing that annoyed me, is that my Nintendo Club code was for Resident Evil: Mercenaries 3D -- a game I already have.

CoolS

Finished episode 2 now. Wow, that sequence was totally, and I mean totally different than the demo. Very unexpected. Though i couldn't find the object to get the shotgun, that will keep bugging me a lot.

Sinthetic

Initial impressions:

The box cover (from the Zavvi bundle) is really poorly printed as someone already wrote... My booklet had half a page torn out and missing. Fucking pathetic really.

I wasn't liking the Circle Pad Pro until I started using it, it clicks when you are walking around a beach and scanning items for 20 minutes because of your OCD habits. Walking and panning the screen feels fantastic, seriously smooth.

Speaking of beaches, I swear, those visuals were stunning. Best I've seen so far on 3DS. Set the 3D to max and the sensitivity to max also, then enjoy the ride!

I simply love the game. Got it today and so far it has been an absolute joy to play. I also dont mind the chapters off the ship. Sure, they're more action oriented, but very well made and a blast to play.

I gotta say though I really don't like the CPP. It's uwieldy and doesn't add much to the game. Controls are great without it. Guess I'm just too used to the Mercenaries controls.

My code didn't work. Sent Nintendo an email allready and m waiting for a new one.

olimpia84

anyway, no regrets.

will get Revelations on monday

owned! But don't worry, Mercenaries is a fun game despite a bunch of flaws. I've been playing it recently quite a bit so if you want to play this online shoot me a PM (and anybody else that feels like playing Mercs send a pm too)

kanugo

The only thing I don't like so much, is that when the game is on standby the circle pro is disabled.

I understand that must be for saving the battery, but it's a little anoying.

Frustrated that this electronic store didn't get any copies today so I wont be playing this until Monday as I don't want to pay more than I should.

Top Bottom