• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons |OT| 3D Jill Sandwiches

addyb

Whilst the game is perfectly playable without it, I gotta say I love the cpp. It definitely adds to the experience and for me it improves my grip no end and makes the 3DS a lot more comfortable to hold.

Best of all it was free with my zavvi bundle that turned up yesterday. Its a pity im typing this from a hospital bed having being taken by ambulance this morning with kidney pains! :(
Still its not all bad I got a major hit of morphine before and if I do get admitted over night, you know full well im getting the wife to fetch my 3DS in along with my dressing gown and slippers :)

Whilst the game is perfectly playable without it, I gotta say I love the cpp. It definitely adds to the experience and for me it improves my grip no end and makes the 3DS a lot more comfortable to hold.

Best of all it was free with my zavvi bundle that turned up yesterday. Its a pity im typing this from a hospital bed having being taken by ambulance this morning with kidney pains! :(
Still its not all bad I got a major hit of morphine before and if I do get admitted over night, you know full well im getting the wife to fetch my 3DS in along with my dressing gown and slippers :)

Karma for destroying my Shaman record. -_-

Seriously, sorry to hear. Hope you get better soon.

Sinthetic

Grapes? Check
Slippers? Check
Morphine? Check
Ooze Monsters and gun noises waking up other patients at 3am as you play Revelations with the volume full blast? Check.

Get well soon buddy!

kanugo

Exactly how I feel about the CPP. Hope you'll get well soon.

Eurogamer.net reviewed the CCP -- HERE!

"Despite being a ludicrous spectacle, it's near-indispensable for any 3DS owner who wants to get the most out of what we suspect will be an ever-increasing range of must-have titles."

Boken

Banned
The demo was pretty intense. Don't know if I can handle the real game haha.

I almost died. I only had 4 bullets left at the end of the demo. Oh man I suck.

Holy crap, watching the episode 2 video where you're running around with no weapon, evading monsters.

I need a 3Ds. *checks bank account*

I-I mean, I thought I was gonna be happy Youtubing the game, but it just sold a fucking system for me.

addyb

Thanks for the well wishes guys. Much appreciated and just love gaf for this reason. Still waiting to hear on whats happening so unsure if im staying in overnight or not. If I am the wife better bring the charger or ill go apeshit. Lol

Anyone who wants to add me as a friend for some raiding just drop me a pm with your code and ill add you and send you mine once 3DS is in my hands.

Zomba13

Just finished the first ep. I quite like it so far. The circle pad pro is meh though. I feel the right circle pad is too close to the edge. If it somehow fit just below the face buttons but still had the extra plastic it's be great. Also if it got rid of normal L in exchange for an L like the R on the circle pad. Seems weird having the consoles L above the ZL.

Desiato

Play-Asia shipped my copy today. It's times like these I regret buying my 3DS when I was in Japan. Wait, I shouldn't be blaming myself... Nintendo! You should've made the 3DS region free, man.

The wait is awful.:(

I'm sorry if this has been said. The price has dropped from 50 to 40 on gamestop.com.

Slightly OT: For those with the CCPro and Ace Combat 3D. How do the controls work?

kanugo

Finished Episode 2. So far, so good. The atmosphere in this game is amazing.

PS: It's official: I HATE dogs. Really, really hate them.

Just beated the 6th episode. Holy shit that was intense, and long.
1 hour the whole episode.

The CPP is incredibly helpful during bosses. I dont know if some of them wouldnt be frustrating without it.

I think my CONSTANT scanning is ruining the game for me, I am missing jump out moments and scares all the time.

I suppose you played the demo. In the game scanning for items is not a room full of thing to look for. They are usually in typical sytes like behind boxes, inside vases, things like taht, and a lot less prominent than in the demo.

BTW guys, you can scan bosses multiple times, makes them easier to get herbs in their fights.

Bumhead

Banned
Wow.

This game is.. pretty fucking amazing. Only at the end of Episode 2 but I don't think my impressions could be better at this point. This already feels like the game Resident Evil 5 should have been, and I say that as someone who really enjoyed Resident Evil 5. The
weaponless, mansion like sections at the start of Episode 2
felt like the game I've been wanting since the end of the first 3 games on PS1.

Played Episode 1 without the CPP and Episode 2 with. I shall be carrying on with the CPP. Find it adds a really satisfying weight and extra grip to the whole system, and those extra buttons are a nice addition.

Dartastic

Never understood this. It's good enough to be a home console game.
Then why isn't it a home console game? Playing on a handheld is a completely different experience than playing at home. I'm sick of this argument. Portable games should not be as expensive as home console games. Period.

Deadbeat

Banned
Then why isn't it a home console game? Playing on a handheld is a completely different experience than playing at home. I'm sick of this argument. Portable games should not be as expensive as home console games. Period.
Then go play 2 dollar flash games. The whole idea of paying more is you are getting more. There needs to be a balance and there will always be a place on any platform to have big titles that cost the "full" price that is assigned to such products.

CoolS

Finished Episode 4 now. Playtime so far is 3:30 hours. This is seriously amazing.

The ship sequences are atmospheric as hell, and while I didn't think much of the design of the oozes, they are a great enemy because they can come from everywhere and you never feel safe. I'm also not bothered by the AI partner, you can just ignore him and don't have to worry about his health or ammo or anything.
I also like the weapon upgrade system it's a lot of fun trying out different combinations to see what suits your play style the most. I like to give the shotgun a lot of power since it's my go to weapon in dangerous situations where my gun just doesn't cut it anymore.

The story so far as well, sure it's nothing special but I want to know what's going on and what will happen enxt. I really dig Parker too, he's quite likable.

Music also seems great so far. I always sets the mood perfectly, especially during the second boss battle in episode 4. As if the battle itself wasn't nerve-wrecking enough.

That's my next point. So far there have been a ton of memorable scenes for me. One is the scene you play in the demo only this time (slight spoilers for chapter 2 I guess)
you have no weapons and have to run and dodge your way through the ship until you meet Parker and the two of you find your weapons. That whole part was just really well done and feels even bettwe once you go back and finally kick those monster asses :)
The other two most memorable moments for me were the first two boss fights. For the first one I felt like I just had to fight for my life and at the same time figure out a strategy against that damn boss. And imo the second one was just scary as hell and really, really well done, especially in combination with the music and the noises. Now that I think about it, the sound was a big part why those scenes where so memorable. First boss spoilers:
Fighting that first boss, getting him stunned and charging up your melee attack, while he screams in agony: "Please don't hurt me, I'm human!" just felt really creepy to me. Of course a second later he would chainsaw you in half if you weren't careful!

Obviously I don't have to say much about the graphics, they are amazing for the 3DS and even plays to its strength with a lot of confined rooms and spaces.

The three not-on-the ship parts so far were all a nice change of pace, I hope it stays that way. They are more straightforward and actiony and therefore require al lot of shooting, but especially the third where you play Parker was really cool. And I agree with kanugo: I hate fucking dogs"

I'm playing without the CCPro btw, didn't bother to buy it and it controls fine. So far I've been playing Controls A, might try the gyro aiming for the next more actiony part.

Wow, I wrote more than I intended to. But so far I can say this is an amazing, really fun game and I hope it continues like that. Anybody know how many episodes there are?

kanugo

The demo was pretty intense. Don't know if I can handle the real game haha.

I almost died. I only had 4 bullets left at the end of the demo. Oh man I suck.

Believe me: in the finall game, the demo section is even more intense. And that was an awesome thing.

Stuck in the middle of episode 5, would appreciate help from any who have finished or know what to do.

I'm trying to get the cog. I've already got Jill over to the other control panel, but what now? I'm not sure what the valves need to be on.

Bumhead

Banned
I absolutely loved the section from the demo in the final game. There were some really amusing nods and remixes of the demo structure, almost as if Capcom were self aware that many will have played the demo and decided to follow you around the whole area with a trollface.

bounchfx

Then go play 2 dollar flash games. The whole idea of paying more is you are getting more. There needs to be a balance and there will always be a place on any platform to have big titles that cost the "full" price that is assigned to such products.

so you're saying I'm getting more with RE:Rev than I am with RE4? Looking forward to that, then!

Dartastic

No. The point is, 50 dollars for a handheld game is unprecedented. While handheld system game costs have historically risen, the jump from 29.99~34.99 to 40~50 is WRONG. In a market where people can and will pay for 99 cent games on their phones, charging as much as a full fledged, "couch" (yes, I'm using the comfy couch thing) game is not going to work. People don't want to pay that much for handheld games as they are uniquely different experiences. Plus, we as consumers are letting them get away with this if they keep charging more for titles.

I can go play some really good games on my iPhone that are full fledged experiences, such as GTA and Dead Space. Consumers realize that, and pricing remains a major problem for Sony and Nintendo. Charging more for games is NOT the answer. If you want to let publishers get away with charging you out the ass for new games, be my guest. I'm not going to support handheld titles that are as much as a console game, and neither should you.

Stuck in the middle of episode 5, would appreciate help from any who have finished or know what to do.

I'm trying to get the cog. I've already got Jill over to the other control panel, but what now? I'm not sure what the valves need to be on.

There should be a valve on that side which opens the way to Parker's side. Pulling the switch on that side again closes a vent in another room which leads to the cog and also a valve that shuts all of the vents.

Mafro

They should be cheaper because it's a different experience? Ok bro, and adding "period" does nothing to validate your argument.

I'm also not bothered by the AI partner, you can just ignore him and don't have to worry about his health or ammo or anything.
It's great how the enemies attack them and you don't have to worry. I was fed up babysitting Sheva and her terrible AI in Resi 5 and this is one of the main reasons why I prefer Revelations over that.

Dartastic

Going to pre-order since its $40 at GS. Fuck yessssss.
SEE!?!?!? THIS IS THE SHIT I'M TALKING ABOUT. People will BUY the game at $40, but at $50 plenty of people think it's too expensive. The value proposition, no matter how high your production values are, just isn't there yet.

CoolS

It's great how the enemies attack them and you don't have to worry. I was fed up babysitting Sheva and her terrible AI in Resi 5 and this is one of the main reasons why I prefer Revelations over that.

The first boss was especially funny in that regard. There were 3 enemies around Parker, all attacking and biting him and he just didn't give a fuck, kicking them away and shooting :D

SEE!?!?!? THIS IS THE SHIT I'M TALKING ABOUT. People will BUY the game at $40, but at $50 plenty of people think it's too expensive. The value proposition, no matter how high your production values are, just isn't there yet.

The game is essentially $60 in store here. As are Super Monkey Ball, Driver 3D, PES 2011, Madden...

Mafro

The first boss was especially funny in that regard. There were 3 enemies around Parker, all attacking and biting him and he just didn't give a fuck, kicking them away and shooting :D
Haha yes the same thing happened with me.
He had two or three of them occupied downstairs near the big shutter door, meanwhile I was just running around the wall with the plants on it shooting the boss and he couldn't touch me.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
So I get home have two packages from Amazon,It's been a long day at work, I chill out for a bit then go and open them the first on is DRIVE the film (ok not out until monday but cool) the second one feels a little too big I start to panic, it's a book I ordered.

so in conclusion I get a film before release day, for which I paid nothing extra, when I pay for RE:R for same day delivery it arrives late, to top it off Zavvi is sending things on time, and a good £20 less WTF??? (I cancelled my Zavvi order for fear of late delivery)

that meansn no Resi: R on the train tomorrow on my Commute :'(

more time to play the demo then get hell mode up, and complete it..fuck I was just thinking about removing the demo lucky I never...

if it doesn't arrive tomorrow I will demand a refund of some kind.FML

EDIT FML: it wasn't same day delivery, 1st class which is more of a pisser dude to the fact Zavvi is sending postage Second Class, **I JUST WANT TO PLAY THE GAME, PLAY THE GAME..MUUMMMEEY*** Curls up in foetal position and cries self to sleep

oh well off to watch DRIVE...

This game has such a ridiculously piss-poor box it's unreal.
The back is hilarious. It's lucky the game will sell on name alone as nobody would know what it's even about.
But anyway as for the actual game... soooooo good!

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Gamestop won't acknowledge the $39.99 in store, but you can order it online and have it sent to the store for free! It's overnight shipping, so it should be there (at the latest) on the 8th of February. Also, you don't pay anything down, you just need a credit card to confirm the order. You actually pay for it at the store.

So basically I can walk into my Gamestop (half-mile away) on the 7th or 8th and pick up this bad boy for $10 cheaper then it should be. That's 20% off! :)

Top Bottom