• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons |OT| 3D Jill Sandwiches

Eurocult

5SM1M.jpg

lol

Riposte

Why do brits have to spell everything so weirdly? God, its "Revelations", that's how it sounds like when you say it! You'd think that the language originated in the US.

Bet the game last night, took me 10 hours, idn't die much and got many S rank but most of the time A rank.

Pretty amazing experience, this should have been RE5, it's pretty much a worthy succesor of RE4 and worthy of the Resident Evil game. My only complain is the awful enemy design and some plot issues but will not spoil anything.

Raid mode is awesome but is not as fast paced and all over your face like Mercenaries, it's more slow paced, like the game.

Why there is not a chapter replay option and a place to check your story mode ranks?.

Rich!

Got this game on tuesday (can post image of my playlog if anyone wants proof of that).

Finished it this morning

holy fuck, better than RE5 by faaaarrr

Usually I never read spoilers for games, but for some reason I always do for RE.

It definitely made me look at some of the things in the RE6 trailer differently.

I should probably go back and read some more replies in this thread, but I just had to ask - does this game seem like a more traditional RE in the vein of the first few games in the series? (And not so much like RE4 or 5?) I've only had limited time with the demo and didn't want to ruin the experience when I sit down with the final game proper.

Riposte

Does anyone know the difficulty levels available for this game?

Yeah, I asked this a few pages ago and got nothing.

I want to know what is available at the start. I want to know what Hell is like. I want to know whether the scanner makes ammo very plentiful like it did in the demo. Do you eventually become godly with weapon upgrades?

I should probably go back and read some more replies in this thread, but I just had to ask - does this game seem like a more traditional RE in the vein of the first few games in the series? (And not so much like RE4 or 5?) I've only had limited time with the demo and didn't want to ruin the experience when I sit down with the final game proper.

From the impressions from this thread, seems like its a mix of REmake and RE4.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
email from Amazon, re a delay to my order, SHIT :(,

oh it's the CPP that is late Resi is on it's way, does this mean CPP, sold out of stock?

Roll on this evening when I can play this game.

Got this game last night in Jpn, played it about 40 minutes. Was sold out at the first store I went to, got the last copy at another store. Technically my first Resident Evil.
Am enjoying it so far, story is ridiculous, but it controls well and (most importantly) it's fun to play, especially in the dark.

Yeah, I asked this a few pages ago and got nothing.

I think I had Casual and Normal options.

I want to know whether the scanner makes ammo very plentiful like it did in the demo.

In my experience of the game so far, yes, it does.

Bumhead

Banned
Finished EP1.

I'm still not a fan of the enemy design, but I don't mind them as enemies as such. Their physical size even for the standard foes makes them pretty intimidating, especially in groups, and their ability to appear from just about anywhere makes them quite unpredictable. I never felt truly safe on the ship and find myself weary of every vent or opening.

Game itself is excellent, really enjoying it so far. From what I've seen of the story so far it looks ridiculous but hoping that sorts itself out in time.

Still debating whether to pick up the CPP or not.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Metro Review: 8/10

Technically the game is consistently excellent but the tone is much more variable. Most of the sequences on the ship do indeed harken back to the original games, but those expecting an old school survival horror should temper their expectations. We did jump out of our seats a number of times - much more so than in Resident Evil 4 or 5, but much less so than the games before that. There are also no real puzzles, just a range of simple environmental obstacles.

.....The best Resident Evil since number 4 and that's despite a number of compromises in the story mode, but very much helped by the superb graphics and online mode.

CoolS

Just got this :) Will play the shit out of it when I have the time this afternoon.

Hopefully I can also get a RAID game going with somone tonight :)

Sinthetic

Got my order from Zavvi. Standing ovation for them managing to get it to me on release day, with the CPP, for less money than other places are charging for the stand alone game.

Finished chapter 3 last night. I'm definitely loving the episodic nature, it's making me want to explore more and scan everything, find all items etc.

Also really like how things have been streamlined like pressing A to heal and not having to go into the menu, the upgrades and so on.

Going OT a bit but surprised that the Zavvi frankenstick bundles are arriving so soon! Kinda wish I'd bought it when it was £30 like I planned to.

I thought even with the overwhelming problems people have had with Zavvi the price for the bundle was too good to pass up (even if it meant waiting for it...)

Hmm, might depend on where you live. I got it from Zavvi today and I'm in London. 99% of the time my pre-orders from The Hut Group get to me either on the day of release or the day before.

Mafro

The circle pad pro is very comfortable. Briefly tried it out and it feels weird being able to properly move around and shoot in a Resi game.

Hmm, might depend on where you live. I got it from Zavvi today and I'm in London. 99% of the time my pre-orders from The Hut Group get to me either on the day of release or the day before.
Just looked at the package and noticed zavvi sent it out by second class post, so I guess that's one reason why their delivery times are all over the place.

The circle pad pro is very comfortable. Briefly tried it out and it feels weird being able to properly move around and shoot in a Resi game.

Just looked at the package and noticed zavvi sent it out by second class post, so I guess that's one reason why their delivery times are all over the place.

Good news on the CPP..

Yeah Zavvi 2nd class post all the way... (still no sign of postie..)

CoolS

I'm in episode 5 and this is the worst Resident Evil I have ever played.

Completely boring

Funny how you are the only one so far that thinks so. But maybe you are right. I sure don't hope so though :/ I imagine more complains will come up as soon as more people get this.

Will start playing this now.

MLH

and zavvi fail me, postman walks past my house :(

kicking myself for not using the better sites which got it to people on wednesday :(

Mine was delivered today (also from Zavvi) but it was too large to be delivered by the morning postman. It was delivered by a Royal Mail van instead, so yours still might arrive today.

Mafro

Funny how you are the only one so far that thinks so. But maybe you are right. I sure don't hope so though :/ I imagine more complains will come up as soon as more people get this.

No complaints from me, I'm enjoying it much more than Resi 5. I've seen him post a few times about how he's not enjoying the game, but he hasn't really elaborated why.
Mine was delivered today (also from Zavvi) but it was too large to be delivered by the morning postman. It was delivered by a Royal Mail van instead, so yours still might arrive today.
My one just came with the normal morning post.

This game has so many flaws I can't even count them.

there is no horror (imo)
the characters are the worst of the series
episodic structure is counterproductive
design of the enemies is boring
boss fights are boring
too much backtracking
sometimes frustrating savepoints
story is really bad
level design is boring an completely linear (more linear than Resident Evil 5)

there's more but I just wanted to emphasize (is this the right word?^^) my opinion :)

Mafro

there is no horror (imo)
boss fights are boring
too much backtracking
story is really bad

there's more but I just wanted to emphasize (is this the right word?^^) my opinion :)
There's plenty of classic Resi Horror, especially on the ship
Presumably you mean the supporting cast? No better or worse than previous games
Episodic structure is perfect for a handheld game
If these enemy designs are boring, then what does that make zombies in previous games?
Too much backtracking in a Resi game?
Haven't been frustrated by any save points yet since I've only died once
Story is no better or worse than previous Resi games
Level design feels like classic Resi, especially in the ship

If these enemy designs are boring, then what does that make zombies in previous games?

your_opinion.jpg

:p

Apenheul

there is no horror (imo)
boss fights are boring
too much backtracking
story is really bad

Question: how does the level design of the demo compare to the rest of the game? The demo level didn't give me the impression that the level design was linear, the backtracking also made it feel less linear IMO.

Mafro

Question: how does the level design of the demo compare to the rest of the game? The demo level didn't give me the impression that the level design was linear, the backtracking also made it feel less linear IMO.
The main sections of the game (the ship) aren't linear at all, it's classic Resi mansion-style. The only "linear" sections are some of the other bits which I don't want to spoil. And the layout of enemies and items in that demo is different that the same section in the final game, in case anyone was wondering.

Apenheul

The main sections of the game (the ship) aren't linear at all, it's classic Resi mansion-style. The only "linear" sections are some of the other bits which I don't want to spoil. And the layout of enemies and items in that demo is different that the same section in the final game, in case anyone was wondering.

Ok, if it's classic Resi mansion-style I have nothing to worry about. That's not what I'd personally call linear.

disco

Those of you had no faith in Zavvi are ridiculous. Mine just arrived now on release day and that was with free shipping.

My only annoyance is the boxart is kind of grey and weirdly printed. A bit depressing when the actually bundle box is so contrasting and cool. Oh well, the inside touches through the holes are nice though. Just got on to Episode 2.

Bumhead

Banned
Has there ever been a non-linear Resident Evil game? I'm not sure I've ever played one.

The linearity complaint seems strange, to me. Its a single player, story driven campaign (that takes place on a ship), and is a Reaident Evil game. What sort of open, non-linear freedom were you expecting?

PKrockin

It always makes me laugh when I hear about recent REs having uninspired/boring enemies and bosses. REmake was much better with its zombies, dogs, crows, bees, spiders, snakes, giant sharks, and even giant spiders and giant snakes! Truly a bastion of creativity. :p

Reknoc

Those of you had no faith in Zavvi are ridiculous. Mine just arrived now on release day and that was with free shipping.

My only annoyance is the boxart is kind of grey and weirdly printed. A bit depressing when the actually bundle box is so contrasting and cool. Oh well, the inside touches through the holes are nice though. Just got on to Episode 2.

Okay, next time I order from Zavvi I'll make sure to have faith you'll get your copy on time while I'm still waiting for my own.

Mafro

They send it by second class, which is anywhere between 2-5 days delivery.

ShopTo dispatched it on Tuesday via first class (for free) and I got that copy on Wednesday, under 24 hours after dispatch.

No idea why zavvi use second class post for preorders, it doesn't guarantee delivery on release day.

disco

I guess it helps that I live in Central London. Hope you guys get your packages. :)

Anyone else having trouble registering the product with Club Nintendo? It doesn't seem to recognise my code... *sigh* Maybe they'll update their database of codes in a day or two, oh well.

I think the reason people, me anyway, don't like using them is because we've been burnt in the past on preorders. The last few with them for me took at least 2 weeks to arrive. ShopTo always have it to me a day before release so I'd rather pay a bit more for that if I have to.

Anyone picked this up from stores in the UK? Having a look on Game and Gamestation, neither even have this game listed on their website. Don't fancy cycling around London looking for it...

Mafro

Anyone picked this up from stores in the UK? Having a look on Game and Gamestation, neither even have this game listed on their website. Don't fancy cycling around London looking for it...
Oh wow I wonder why they aren't selling it online, just checked. Very odd indeed.

Top Bottom