• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons |OT| 3D Jill Sandwiches

You'd think paying for Amazon Prime would actually get stuff to you at the right time. Grrr. They only just dispatched my CPP today as well and have decided to use UPS so it won't get here until Monday D:

If the game doesn't arrive tomorrow then I'll be mightily pissed.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
You'd think paying for Amazon Prime would actually get stuff to you at the right time. Grrr. They only just dispatched my CPP today as well and have decided to use UPS so it won't get here until Monday D:

If the game doesn't arrive tomorrow then I'll be mightily pissed.

same thing happend to me :(

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Both of the big stores in my hometown forgot to order it and had no copies there on launch and still have to order any copy... Unsuccessful hunt.

There should be a valve on that side which opens the way to Parker's side. Pulling the switch on that side again closes a vent in another room which leads to the cog and also a valve that shuts all of the vents.

This sort of helped, but what I was missing was I had to pull the switch closest to Parker after pulling on the other valve first.

Yay time to move on!

sphinx

the piano man
for those who have played the game, I have one question:

what kind of mindset do you need to have in order to be a reviewer and proclaim " This game and Cpacom dropped the ball, I give a mediocre 6 as my review score "

Toge

I wouldn't say its better - I would prefer to play on a screen bigger than 4"! Still a good game (so far) though!

Not really, the 3DS is pretty uncomfortable after a little bit. I hope the circle thing fixes that, though. Would be worth the $20 for that alone.

I don't have much of a problem with the comfort of the 3DS but it would be better if it was a Gamecube controller with a screen on it.

Mafro

Playing some raid mode (which is awesome btw) and it seems the missions you get from StreetPass can also be obtained from playing with random people online too.

There's also some weapons that can be bought using coins.

bitoriginal

Well after playing the game with the circle pad for a couple of hours, i'm still undecided on whether I actually like the pad or not. I was really looking forward to using it to increase the size for my hands, but it certainly has an odd design. It's not really comfortable, but it's better.

It feels really strange to use the second stick as it's harder to slide than the normal nub. Mine feels like it needs to be broken in so it's a bit looser. I don't think this is the best game to showcase the peripheral as the controls feel very sluggish. I also feel like I'm a little too close to Jill.

The game itself showcases the capabilities of the 3DS nicely, very impressed with the graphics. Story seems a bit insane but I can't comment more as I haven't played enough. I will say that I miss proper zombies in Resident Evil.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
No, it wouldn't be easy for all effects and shaders Wii simply can't render. And almost no one would buy it on Wii.
Wii does not have to render the exact same effects for the game to look almost identically - UC had a very similar set of effects on the Wii. But I'm more curious why you think nobody would buy it.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Wii does not have to render the exact same effects for the game to look almost identically - UC had a very similar set of effects on the Wii. But I'm more curious why you think nobody would buy it.

Umbrella Chronicles was an on rail game, and being on-rails helps in pushing graphics. This isn't on rails, even if most of its scenarios are in the Zenobia, so little rooms. But it's not on rails.
But above all no one would buy it on Wii, because there's almost no one right now who would buy a RE ported from a newer console on an almost dead console. Wii is almost, if not, dead, right now.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Umbrella Chronicles was an on rail game, and being on-rails helps in pushing graphics. This isn't on rails, even if most of its scenarios are in the Zenobia, so little rooms. But it's not on rails.
True, UC was on-rails which was used to a good effect. But RE4 was not on-rails, and while UC is arguably heavier on the effects, RE4 in-game still looks comparable to RE:R in-game. And Revelations' FMV cutscenes are pretty much captures from RE4 cutscene/UC tech.

But above all no one would buy it on Wii, because there's almost no one right now who would buy a RE ported from a newer console on an almost dead console. Wii is almost, if not, dead, right now.
I strongly disagree. You could claim the PS2 is dead (for a couple of years now), but the Wii userbase is still out there, helping Wii titles chart regularly in the tops of the sales charts. And this is before considering WiiU's BC.

Anyhow, I'll stop derailing the tread now, as RE:R is amazing the way it is, on the platform it is. I just wanted to say I disagree with your side of the argument ; )

cvxfreak

From what I've seen, the Wii could definitely handle most, if not all parts of Revelations. Perhaps it couldn't be a direct port, but it could be done.

If a port ever happened, I'd bet on a Wii U downloadable version.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
From what I've seen, the Wii could definitely handle most, if not all parts of Revelaitons. Perhaps it couldn't be a direct port, but it could be done.

If a port ever happened, I'd bet on a Wii U downloadable version.

Fixed.
Even cvx spells it wrong!!!!!

Famassu

No. The point is, 50 dollars for a handheld game is unprecedented. While handheld system game costs have historically risen, the jump from 29.99~34.99 to 40~50 is WRONG. In a market where people can and will pay for 99 cent games on their phones, charging as much as a full fledged, "couch" (yes, I'm using the comfy couch thing) game is not going to work. People don't want to pay that much for handheld games as they are uniquely different experiences. Plus, we as consumers are letting them get away with this if they keep charging more for titles.
1) it's not unprecedented

2) It's a game with console-level production values and features, yet you think they could sell it for 20-30$ less, when games often have trouble being profitable even at higher price points?

I can go play some really good games on my iPhone that are full fledged experiences, such as GTA and Dead Space. Consumers realize that, and pricing remains a major problem for Sony and Nintendo. Charging more for games is NOT the answer. If you want to let publishers get away with charging you out the ass for new games, be my guest. I'm not going to support handheld titles that are as much as a console game, and neither should you.
That is a moronic POV. It's easy to port games which have already made tons of profit when you only want to squeeze a little more out of it and Dead Space on iPhone isn't that much of a full-fledged experience as it is a repeatathon (with a kind of "get some basic gameplay stuff working decently, then repeat that ad nauseaum" development philosophy), it's really nothing in comparison to Resident Evil Revelations.

Arturo

Not really, the 3DS is pretty uncomfortable after a little bit. I hope the circle thing fixes that, though. Would be worth the $20 for that alone.

I'm playing it with the Circle Pad Pro and it controls so good you'll soon forget how ugly this thing is… I had a hard time playing the demo with the default controls, but with the CPP it's a completely different story.

Mafro

I still don't know what the Raid mode is like... anyone even play it?
I played it for around an hour and a half last night. You unlock the first seven stages after completing episode 3. It's basically just a score attack version of the main game without any of the story stuff and different item and enemy placement. You level up your character and can spend battle points on new weapons and upgrades.

I had a great time playing it last night online, I stayed and played the majority of the missions with the same guy. It's a shame there's no way to communicate.

zoukka

I played it for around an hour and a half last night. You unlock the first seven stages after completing episode 3. It's basically just a score attack version of the main game without any of the story stuff and different item and enemy placement. You level up your character and can spend battle points on new weapons and upgrades.

I had a great time playing it last night online, I stayed and played the majority of the missions with the same guy. It's a shame there's no way to communicate.

So is it too close to Mercenaries for me to ignore Mercenaries 3D? I'm wondering which of these I should buy or both.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Sorry if this has been asked before but, does this game have any kind of Mercenaries mode?

Just tried out Raid Mode and it's great stuff. Can see me pouring a lot of time into it. I hope the level cap isn't too low because I seem to be levelling up rather quickly.....

Top Bottom