• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons |OT| 3D Jill Sandwiches

sfried

Picked up the US version today, a few days early.

IMG_20120202_133518.jpg

Typo is still there. I also picked up a Japanese circle pad pro. GameStop wont get my money.
It's out here? WHERE? East coast? Early release? Best Buy?

Disguises

follow up with a charged melee

RAID Mode is Godley
I'm really surprised at the amount of content and replayability of Raid Mode. I love the random weapon drops mechanic, it totally reminded me of PSO. I love the small/large enemy changes too. I really did not think it would be this in-depth.

I'm surprised we didn't see a dedicated trailer or something either. I never knew about this mode before the games release and it is totally my type of mode.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I'm really surprised at the amount of content and replayability of Raid Mode. I love the random weapon drops mechanic, it totally reminded me of PSO. I love the small/large enemy changes too. I really did not think it would be this in-depth.

I'm surprised we didn't see a dedicated trailer or something either. I never knew about this mode before the games release and it is totally my type of mode.

I hope/believe that was the reason the game was delayed so long to sort out raid mode...
If ORC is the same as Raid Mode I will be happy

wish you could have voice chat on RAID, how do you do the voice prompts/comands etc using control layout D ?

yeah, the com shortcuts are pretty handy in Raid mode, sadly non of the randoms use them.

Meanwhile in chapter 10:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
They killed Parker!!!!! :(
I'm in love with
him... why, you stupid writers? WHY???!!!

jufonuk

not tag worthy
yeah, the com shortcuts are pretty handy in Raid mode, sadly non of the randoms use them.

Meanwhile in chapter 10:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
They killed Parker!!!!! :(
I'm in love with
him... why, you stupid writers? WHY???!!!

nooooooooooooooooooooo fuck it :(

Here's my FC: 0173 1278 8671

Will add everyone on the list so far.

Just started though.

I'm stuck at the first boss
the one that you need to shoot the canisters, dunno what to do against it :(
Use the canisters and grenades to stun him, full-charge melee him and shoot at the mouth-thingy. It takes a while so you better hone your evasion skills to avoid the grunts which will respawn constantly - so no use fighting them.

Haven't seen this reported, but the US version comes with a Club Nintendo code.

I thought only Nintendo-published games came with these code? Maybe more releases will start getting them now.

Sadist

I thought only Nintendo-published games came with these code? Maybe more releases will start getting them now.
In Europe every 3DS game has a Club Nintendo code. Pretty awesome, it's the reason why I can finally get some nice stuff out of the store.

NeoRausch

Nope, since 3ds almost every bigger third party game also comes with a code.

edit: b-b- b-eaten

Just started though.

Use the canisters and grenades to stun him, full-charge melee him and shoot at the mouth-thingy. It takes a while so you better hone your evasion skills to avoid the grunts which will respawn constantly - so no use fighting them.

gotcha ;)

Anyone up for a match? I'm drunk as balls right now. Have been playing coop on Halo Reach with a buddy this evening and we've tossed away quite some beers. Now my Lady isn't home yet so I have some time to kill. Who's up for some Raid mode action.

Btw, I added everyone on the list so far. Be sure to add me back.

Also I uploaded the final piece of my Review Diary, which includes general Impressions and my Verdict. Check it out and let me know what you think about it.^^

NeoRausch

Just started though.

Added you, and by the way: your FC reads like a mobile phone number from germany.

Anyone up for a match? I'm drunk as balls right now. Have been playing coop on Halo Reach with a buddy this evening and we've tossed away quite some beers. Now my Lady isn't home yet so I have some time to kill. Who's up for some Raid mode action.

Btw, I added everyone on the list so far. Be sure to add me back.

Also I uploaded the final piece of my Review Diary, which includes general Impressions and my Verdict. Check it out and let me know what you think about it.^^

Me too, but I'm watching the big four live on stage on blu ray right now...soo.....I'm sorry :p

Okay, can someone provide me with some help here. I'm at the last boss and the thing is I still don't understand how to dodge in this game. When I pulled it off it felt always kinda random. But here I need to do it...

Westraid

Assuming you have control type A, press up or down on the thumbstick and at the same time press B just before the enemy is about to attack you.
If you time it right you'll dodge.

Yeah, this is how the game shows it when the mechanic is introduced, but it doesn't work for me at all.
Just flicking the pad up seems to work... on my third try now :/

Westraid

Yeah it happened to me a few times, I successfully dodged while I only pressed up on the thumbstick. Wondered if it was just me, but apparently not.

I'd say your timing might be off if it's being really strict about it, but I'm barely halfway through the game myself so I'm not of much help.
Best of luck though!

Yeah it happened to me a few times, I successfully dodged while I only pressed up on the thumbstick. Wondered if it was just me, but apparently not.

I'd say your timing might be off if it's being really strict about it, but I'm barely halfway through the game myself so I'm not of much help.
Best of luck though!

Done! Thanks, it was a matter of timing and up/down + b worked... That was the school of hard knocks...

Westraid

Done! Thanks, it was a matter of timing and up/down + b worked... That was the school of hard knocks...

Strict timing then, great, that's going to be troublesome for me lol.
Congratulations on finishing the story though! I should quit Raid Mode and get on with the campaign myself.

XPE

This game is once again showing the flaws in Nintendo online system it’s hard to organise games when you can’t message anyone =/

Finished and I'm afraid to say I'm largely underwhelmed.
It reminds me of 5 in respect of the early chapters/portions being the strongest of the game, though these make way for largely uninspired and frankly quite dull later portions which serve to hamper the overall experience.
Capcom previously showed they still got 'it' with the Lost in Nightmares DLC and they show 'it' again in the opening chapters on the ship with Jill where the narrative, sound and amazing graphics work in harmony to provide the vintage Resi we all crave (
the boss fight against Jessica especially
) but this gives way to just one too many action sequence, one too many swimming sequence and one too many derivative boss fight (
stationary guns on a ship yet again!?
)
The story is an absolutely shitty mess, the dialogue and Jill's VA are extremely poor, the enemy designs are disappointing and the combat (specifically lack of feedback, knowing enemies are dead, etc) in combination with the limiting inventory add to the frustration.
Overall it's a shame, the graphics are amazing, Raid Mode is more enjoyable than Mercenaries (imo of course) but they seem to be tagged onto a game which gets as much wrong as it does right. I can now see where some of those 6/10 reviews were coming from......

Top Bottom