• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons |OT| 3D Jill Sandwiches

DarkWish

Pre-ordered this at GameStop today. Got the pre-order bonus case already. Here's a picture of it on my 3DS: http://i.imgur.com/WGVqc.jpg. Yea, it's one of those holographic images that change when you move it, but overall it's nothing special, feels pretty cheap.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Alright, finished Raid mission 7. I think I am done with it for tonight. Still need to s-rank 3,4,6 and 7 though. Guess I'll do another story chapter first tomorrow :)

XPE

Well just completed Resident evil revelations, fantastic fantastic game, one of the best in the Resident evil series and really puts RE5 to shame, the game is a nice mix between REmake and RE4, the graphics go from very nice to jaw dropping, a lot of reviewer were complaining about the story but I thought it was entertaining.

My one complaint is they way in which the multi player is unlocked, it doesn’t do it automatically you need to select the reward from a different screen.

So to sum up one of the best mobile games ever made and while not as scary as one would hope it is a really nice return to form for the series.

Also something that did bug me was that they change the story from the original trailer in it they gave the idea that Chris was going to be doing the hole "Ends justify the means" thing and they seemed to wimp out.

For Canadians:

Hopefully you preordered your Circle Pad Pro from Gamestop/EB Games. They're raising the price from 20$ to 25$ for, what seems to be, no apparent reason.
Well that sucks. I wanted to try out my friends' before I decided if I wanted one. EB Games also isn't doing any bundle with RE:R, right?

wrowa

Generally stable and very smooth. There are some areas, like the infamous elevator scenes (where you dont play anyway, just wait so it doesnt matter) in every other game too, where you notice that the game is heavily loading the next area and stuttering very much. But other than that its really only an occasional problem and outside of elevators hasnt bothered me at all so far.

I can't agree with that at all. As soon as one enters an area that isn't a small corridor, the framerate gets pretty low. It's not gamebreakingly bad, but it definitely is far from "stable and very smooth".

The worst part so far has been the beginning of Episode 3. The game runs pretty much never fluently during that scene.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I can't agree with that at all. As soon as one enters an area that isn't a small corridor, the framerate gets pretty low. It's not gamebreakingly bad, but it definitely is far from "stable and very smooth".

The worst part so far has been the beginning of Episode 3. The game runs pretty much never fluently during that scene.

I agree with you. Played the game after what I wrote above there and figured in the meantime that its definitely there and that I simply didnt notice it before. Well too bad for people allergic on that then. :(

I never experience frame rate stutter during combat though, only the moment I enter huge rooms. Not saying, it doesn't happen. It's just that it didn't had a huge impact on my enjoyment so far and I'm sensitive to such things.

tenz0r

I want to watch that Gametrailers video review, but I'm afraid of major spoilers. How bad is it? (in terms of spoilers). I have seen most of the trailers for this game except the most recent one which I heard had a lot of spoilers.

Yeah but that's just loading and doesn't get in the way of gameplay. I'm fine with that tbh.

Yeah but that's just loading and doesn't get in the way of gameplay. I'm fine with that tbh.

Yeah, entering a room???

I couldn't give a shit.

If it's during combat, that really sucks.

No framerate problems bothered me in the demo even if they existed but the final game could be worse I suppose.

Gambit

Finished chapter 2 yesterday, and still think the game is fantastic.

Also, I've made a choice: no more Circle Pad for me. It's probably nostalgia combined with my aversion to dual analog shooters, but I prefer the "regular" controls.

Two reasons:

- I don't like strafing. When I press left on the left slidepad my character runs sideways and doesn't turn. I'd prefer them to control with the left slidepad alone, while I look around with the right slidepad.

- Quite simply, I am not good at aiming with the right slidepad. With the left I feel in control.

Am I the only one choosing the "regular" controls?

Anyway, still don't regret getting the circle pad extension, I am sure I will need it one day. (Kid Icarus maybe)

Celine

Anyway, still don't regret getting the circle pad extension, I am sure I will need it one day. (Kid Icarus maybe)
Absolutely not, it feels wrong playing with anything except type A to me.

Also I'm not sure KI use the dual stick in the way you think...

Luigiv

Bought the game today. Decided not to get a CPP yet, though. AU$23 is more than I'd like to spend on what is essentially an IR remote.

Played the first chapter so far. Nice to see how much the graphics have improved in that area over the Mercenaries Demo.

NeoRausch

goddammit! the last boss is tought as nails. the tactics you have to use are pretty obvious but phew, he eats bullets like nothing! i was SO close to get him down but nahhhh....

i need to stop this for now. gonna try to get a
coloured name
in raid-mode later.

Gambit

Absolutely not, it feels wrong playing with anything except type A to me.

Also I'm not sure KI use the dual stick in the way you think...

I know it's only supposed to be for lefties, but we'll see. Maybe they'll include more options (for the ground sections). As an alternative, I could have mentioned Luigi's Mansion 2, where I simply hope for Gamecube controls.

Glad I am not the only one sticking to type A!

jufonuk

not tag worthy
just wanted to know but
is the lady you see on teh ship that is attacked adn killed by the Ooze Rachael, wait looking at the GT review, she gets Oozeded??

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, this is much better than the demo. Also, I really dug how the demo area in the actual game plays out much differently.

So far I'm very surprised at how immersive the whole thing is. I didn't think mixing one big persistent environment with low-ish ammo/weapons and cutaways to action scenes would actually work, but the pacing here has been superb.

I'm up to the chapter three boss, and so far this seems like a pretty damn good Resident Evil game, which is exciting, because I was expecting something that felt very "developed by a B-team".

I've flipped between using the CPP and regular controls, and while I don't like the extra bulk the CPP adds, it's hard to turn down the much superior dual-analogue style.

Any tips for th chapter three boss? It keeps one-shotting me out of nowhere. I've been laying so many bullets and explosions into him, but he just keeps coming and inevitably corners and kills me.

Very disjointed thoughts here, but so far I'm really enjoying myself.

Cookychan

Banned
Framerate in elevators are horrible.

CPP is amazingly comfortable for my nasty huge spider-y hands.

I'm still pissed I haven't encountered more of Rachel's boobage. That is all.

Also, I loved the Terragrigia get to the helipad part. Dat machine gun.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Wow, this is much better than the demo. Also, I really dug how the demo area in the actual game plays out much differently.

So far I'm very surprised at how immersive the whole thing is. I didn't think mixing one big persistent environment with low-ish ammo/weapons and cutaways to action scenes would actually work, but the pacing here has been superb.

I'm up to the chapter three boss, and so far this seems like a pretty damn good Resident Evil game, which is exciting, because I was expecting something that felt very "developed by a B-team".

I've flipped between using the CPP and regular controls, and while I don't like the extra bulk the CPP adds, it's hard to turn down the much superior dual-analogue style.

Any tips for th chapter three boss? It keeps one-shotting me out of nowhere. I've been laying so many bullets and explosions into him, but he just keeps coming and inevitably corners and kills me.

Very disjointed thoughts here, but so far I'm really enjoying myself.

Shoot the cannisters when he is down charge melee him, let him follow you and repeat, also take out the stragglers

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I've been finding that my hands cramp more with the CCP than they do without it. My three fingers that aren't engaged by the pad are left at really weird, uncomfortable positions.

Finished chapter 2 yesterday, and still think the game is fantastic.

Also, I've made a choice: no more Circle Pad for me. It's probably nostalgia combined with my aversion to dual analog shooters, but I prefer the "regular" controls.

Two reasons:

- I don't like strafing. When I press left on the left slidepad my character runs sideways and doesn't turn. I'd prefer them to control with the left slidepad alone, while I look around with the right slidepad.

- Quite simply, I am not good at aiming with the right slidepad. With the left I feel in control.

Have you tried CPP and Gyro aiming?

Cookychan

Banned
just wanted to know but
is the lady you see on teh ship that is attacked adn killed by the Ooze Rachael, wait looking at the GT review, she gets Oozeded??

Mhm.

And her only quote is "I fouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuund yoooooooou."

And "Yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooou're miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine."

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Raid Mode alone has justified this game to me. I want a full game expanding on it, no story of course, just raid with a lot more stages and weapons. It could easily replace EDF for that type of game I go to.

Raid Mode alone has justified this game to me. I want a full game expanding on it, no story of course, just raid with a lot more stages and weapons. It could easily replace EDF for that type of game I go to.
I would suggest Mercenaries 3D. It does some things better than raid mode (combos, Levelling up your perks, Melee attacks, character differences, "on the run-feeling"). Some things worse (no enemy health meters, general variety).

Plus it should be pretty cheap in some places. Just don't buy used.

what :Motorbass said. If you're enjoying this, get Mercs 3D. I put over 30 hours into it and haven't even played all stages yet. A lot of replay value and fun online coop even with strangers.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
probably asked {maybe a dumb question as well}, but raid mode is it worldwide or locked to a region? online I mean.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I think my problem with the CPP is that I tense up during action sequences and strain my pinky, weirdly.

The first boss was surprisingly tough. Bet him, finally.

Raid Mode is fucking rad.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Can't believe the game is getting 6 and 7/10. It's at least an 8 and probably a 9.

I just watched the GT review. If there is really auto-save at checkpoints and only one save at a time, it's a 0/10 for me.

Toge

I just watched the GT review. If there is really auto-save at checkpoints and only one save at a time, it's a 0/10 for me.

its the main flaw of this game. but being an RE fan, its a really great game and is the only major inherent to this game

UK PEEPS: Raid mode tonight? :) PM me

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I just had a super fun, half-hour long raid session with a ridiculously overpowered guy, and I have no way of adding him as a friend. That sucks. :(

Top Bottom