• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons |OT| 3D Jill Sandwiches

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I just watched the GT review. If there is really auto-save at checkpoints and only one save at a time, it's a 0/10 for me.

Saving happens at checkpoints, but there's two save files.

You really choose weird things to judge your gaming experience by. It doesn't matter if it's fun or a system pusher, it auto-saves at checkpoints so damn it to hell!

its the main flaw of this game. but being an RE fan, its a really great game and is the only major inherent to this game

UK PEEPS: Raid mode tonight? :) PM me

Would love to, but a good friend is coming over for a big Halo Coop Night. But I'm game for tomorrow evening.

Friendcode 2019-9637-7448 PM me if you want to do some Raid mode tomorrow evening.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Saving happens at checkpoints, but there's two save files.

You really choose weird things to judge your gaming experience by. It doesn't matter if it's fun or a system pusher, it auto-saves at checkpoints so damn it to hell!

Two saves kinda sucks, but I could put up with that. I hope you're right.

do we have the ID's on the front of this thread?

I'll go through the thread later today to put together a FC list. Worked great in the MK7 OT and I expect the number of people here playing Raid mode to grow after US launch.
I'll try to keep the list updated and repost it every two or three pages. If cvxfreak or Yama are willing, they can also put it into the OP.

Is there a model viewer in this game for looking at the characters? And if so, how extensive is it?

In before perv accusation.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
So it appears that most (if not all) of the cutscenes are just videos? No wonder they needed a 4gb card. Would have preferred they cut back some of the effects and go for realtime scenes.

Game looks super impressive, though. It's the second 3DS game I've played that really genuinely looks like a MASSIVE step up from PSP (with the first being Mario). The fact that they use AA in 2D mode with these visuals is even more impressive. I am surprised at how much the performance degrades while the game loads new areas, though. I suppose they could have used some pretty significant compression which demands more from the system when loading data. Still, small price to pay.

Luigiv

So it appears that most (if not all) of the cutscenes are just videos? No wonder they needed a 4gb card. Would have preferred they cut back some of the effects and go for realtime scenes.

Yeah, I noticed that too. At least the FMVs are a "decent" quality. Much higher than the demo at least.

Looks like those 6 voice over tracks are non-trivial as well. The game can't go for 30 seconds without a new line being said.

haikira

Just a warning about the Game Trailers review. There's a pretty big spoiler sitting in the video. It's a very fast cut, but i was able to notice it. I've just finished episode 9 and i think i'm on about 8-9 hours of gameplay and it was something i hadn't seen yet. So yeah....

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
I'll go through the thread later today to put together a FC list. Worked great in the MK7 OT and I expect the number of people here playing Raid mode to grow after US launch.
I'll try to keep the list updated and repost it every two or three pages. If cvxfreak or Yama are willing, they can also put it into the OP.

I'm in. 2664-2164-4466

edit
sorry for the double post.

So here is the friend code list, I hope I didn't miss anyone. Just post your codes, I'll try to keep the list updated:

AndrewDean84xX__________0946 2259 9774
Toma____________________2191 7626 0648
Cwarrior _________________3480 2553 6304
NintendoGal ______________1075 0708 3958
weird____________________4639 8940 9147
boris feinbrand____________2019 9637 7448
jufonuk __________________2277 6685 7486
kamorra _________________2664 2164 4466
AkimbO_Arcana ___________3394 3575 4066
XPE _____________________1504 5776 5139
The perfect Dark___________0559 7475 3457

kunonabi

I don't really mind the limited save slots but the checkpoints are a negative for me. It would be nice if Hell mode did away with them.

I just did a Raid with a guy and half way through the mission he pulled out a Magnum,
which was like 4 feet long...
wtf.

Got to level 14 yet still no unlock for Jessica in raid mode any ideas ?

Did you achieve the mission
Obtain a super rare weapon
yet? Don't know if it is the one, but it was one of the missions I got a new outfit for and I did unlock this and Jessica for a while now. I'm lvl 14 as well.

XPE

Did you achieve the mission
Obtain a super rare weapon
yet? Don't know if it is the one, but it was one of the missions I got a new outfit for and I did unlock this and Jessica for a while now. I'm lvl 14 as well.

Nope I'm just level 14 how do I get a
super rare weapon

Two saves kinda sucks, but I could put up with that. I hope you're right.
It has two save slots, no hope needed ;-).

I don't get the complaints regarding the checkpoints, ideally there would be an option but I prefer to have a checkpoint system in place for a handheld game. It divides the game into manageable chunks. Sleep mode is a possibility but locks you out of other games, which would unacceptable for me (I like to have a quick round of Solitaire or Pushmo etc.).

Zenaku

My Japanese copy should be arriving tomorrow, hopefully. I'll be pissed off if it doesn't, as I'll be moving on Saturday.

I can't help but fear it'll get stuck in customs though...

Picked up the US version today, a few days early.

IMG_20120202_133518.jpg

Typo is still there. I also picked up a Japanese circle pad pro. GameStop wont get my money.

Sadist

Okay, nice little nod towards the original RE.

A document called "The history of the Queen Zenobia" says it's design is based on the designs left behind by George Trevor before he dissapeared. Awesome

XPE

Fuck my game must be bugged, obtain a super rare weapon and got to level 14 just no new character unlocks!

Westraid

Holy fuck MAYDAY!!!

How the fuck do you take that guy down?
Keep aiming for his weak spot on his left arm (pinkish humanoid thing), and make use of the gas cannisters. Before the fight you can look around the area and memorize where they are so you know the best route to walk.

Holy fuck MAYDAY!!!

How the fuck do you take that guy down?

shoot the gas tanks to stun him and stan give him fully charged melee attacks. And there are a few spots where you can wait for him and shoot while he is coming at you, but still have a way out when he's approaching (2nd floor next to his room where the handrail is broken and on the ground around the flower boxes)

shoot the gas tanks to stun him and stan give him fully charged melee attacks. And there are a few spots where you can wait for him and shoot while he is coming at you, but still have a way out when he's approaching (2nd floor next to his room where the handrail is broken and on the ground around the flower boxes)

OT:

I made a mistake, the first four numbers are 0559 , sry :(

OT:

I made a mistake, the first four numbers are 0559 , sry :(

fixed.

FC - Raid Mode - share that shit

AndrewDean84xX__________0946 2259 9774
Toma____________________2191 7626 0648
Cwarrior _________________3480 2553 6304
NintendoGal ______________1075 0708 3958
weird____________________4639 8940 9147
boris feinbrand____________2019 9637 7448