• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons |OT| 3D Jill Sandwiches

I dunno what they are called in english. It's the second difficulty in raid-mode.

Can't find ya.

Thanks for the games that was pretty awesome! And didn't even felt unbalanced despite our level gap.

I'm reposting the FC list:

AndrewDean84xX__________0946 2259 9774
Toma____________________2191 7626 0648
Cwarrior _________________3480 2553 6304
NintendoGal ______________1075 0708 3958
weird____________________4639 8940 9147
boris feinbrand____________2019 9637 7448
jufonuk __________________2277 6685 7486
kamorra _________________2664 2164 4466
AkimbO_Arcana ___________3394 3575 4066
XPE _____________________1504 5776 5139
The perfect Dark___________0559 7475 3457
Phife Dawg________________0173 1278 8671
Nicko ____________________4253 3495 9513
profit ____________________3566 1713 2484

And the chat room Toge created:

I've made a chatroom for GAFers to talk and meet for Raid games! Please spread the word:

http://us5.chatzy.com/32578855196823

Join us GAF, this game is tons of fun coop, if you don't have do deal with randoms.

Zomba13

Just finished this last night. Really enjoyed it. Fantastic looking game too. Really impressive stuff.
So are Trench and Chasm difficulty modes in Raid mode? Why not call them Normal and Hard or something? Confused me when I tried it out, thought that maybe Trench was a different set of Raid Mode missions.

Locke_211

Yeah, they're just difficulty modes. I S-ranked the first 6 of the second difficulty quite easily, so they're a natural step up from the end of the first difficulty, rather than a massive leap.

Sadist

DAT final boss. Have a hard time defeating him.

You can scan the guy two times for two free herbs if you're running low on herbs btw. I like the fact the boss seems like a Tyrant type enemy :)

Toge

Thanks for the games that was pretty awesome! And didn't even felt unbalanced despite our level gap.

I'm reposting the FC list:

And the chat room Toge created:

Join us GAF, this game is tons of fun coop, if you don't have do deal with randoms.

yeah, i had tonnes of fun last night... still need s-rank on a few levels, I'm available to play a bit later.

So when the fuck does this game even come out in North America? People have been playing it for weeks, but every time I go into a store - Nope. Not out yet.

edit: GD it, I didn't scroll over enough when looking at the OP.

yeah, i had tonnes of fun last night... still need s-rank on a few levels, I'm available to play a bit later.

would love to join you, but same as yesterday. Going to work now until 2am CET. But will try to do some Raids then before going to bed. Yesterday me and weird got slaughtered trying out "Bonus Level" lol.

Die schwimmende Stadt Terragridscha....

I am used to german dubs slaughtering italian or spanish pronounciation, but the german dub in this game is almost offensive. Aside from some blatant translation errors -that explains our missing crew(as in ship crew)- turns into -that explains our missing team-

I bet they just received a script with some vague instructions and went to town.

cvxfreak

Why is he credited as a background designer then? Is it purely because he worked on the series before?

That's a different man who also happens to be named Shinji Mikami. :p

It's caught people off guard in other games, beginning with the first Resident Evil Outbreak.

profit

My FC: 3566 1713 2484
Have not unlocked raid mode yet.
I'm in episode 3 so I read
I will unlock raid mode during or after this episode?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
DAT final boss. Have a hard time defeating him.

You can scan the guy two times for two free herbs if you're running low on herbs btw. I like the fact the boss seems like a Tyrant type enemy :)

Bazooka when the breathing one appears in front of you...for the win :D

NeoRausch

would love to join you, but same as yesterday. Going to work now until 2am CET. But will try to do some Raids then before going to bed. Yesterday me and weird got slaughtered trying out "Bonus Level" lol.
FUCK THAT BONUS-STAGE! Not gonna try it again before i'm at least lvl 40 or better 45.

farnham

Banned
i love the game so far. graphics, atmosphere, gameplay, sound.. everythig seems to be superb so far.

i dont agree with people saying that the character designs are bad as well. sure they look like silent hill enemies but why not..? at the end they are zombie like creatures that clearly were humans once.

cc pro is a very nice peripheral as well

Neiteio

The names of the difficulty levels are intuitive enough. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Trench is Normal and Abyss is Hard, right? And then there's a Hell mode? So think of it like this:

- An oceanic trench is the entrance to the abyss
- The abyss is the deepest, darkest part of the ocean
- What could be deeper than the abyss? HELL.

I think it's pretty boss. Of course, I don't have the game until Tuesday, so I don't know how clear they convey what each mode is, prior to selecting it. (Like, keep the cool name but put "Normal" in parentheses next to it!)

NeoRausch

The names of the difficulty levels are intuitive enough. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Trench is Normal and Abyss is Hard, right? And then there's a Hell mode? So think of it like this:

- An oceanic trench is the entrance to the abyss
- The abyss is the deepest, darkest part of the ocean
- What could be deeper than the abyss? HELL.

I think it's pretty boss. Of course, I don't have the game until Tuesday, so I don't know how clear they convey what each mode is, prior to selecting it. (Like, keep the cool name but put "Normal" in parentheses next to it!)
Abyss = Normal
Trench = Hard
Hell = Hell

sorry buddy

but third diff. Has a diffrent game. Don't know it right now.

Sadist

I guess Sadist, just as i did, used the launcher on the
second mayday guy
right where the launcher can be found... Totally wasted on that guy....ugh. Learned my lessen
I never picked it up unfortunately. I forgot to pick up the one that was underwater as well :(

I never picked it up unfortunately. I forgot to pick up the one that was underwater as well :(

There are at least three spots where you can pick up the
Rocket Launcher
. And one is the Boss fight against the
big fuckin' sea monster where the Launcher drops several times from the helicopter iirc

Sadist

I know, but it won't help me now :p

I'm getting better at fighting it, but
his cheap attacks while charging are a big problem. He fell on his knees three times (while Chris comments on how the guy seems immortal. Thanks pal, real help there) and after a whole magnum ammo clip the bastard won't fall :(

NeoRausch

I know, but it won't help me now :p

I'm getting better at fighting it, but
his cheap attacks while charging are a big problem. He fell on his knees three times (while Chris comments on how the guy seems immortal. Thanks pal, real help there) and after a whole magnum ammo clip the bastard won't fall :(
Train evading, evading, evading. Onfurther note: try to shoot his heart while he charges. Makes him stumble and cancels most of his attacks. And if you have the chance shoot everything you have into his yellow-parasite thingy on his back. Thats definitly his weakest spot. To reach that point you need to evade forward.

all in all: dodging, evading, shooting

Sadist

Thanks for the advice, but I just beat the guy, sweet.

And after nine hours and thirty minutes I finished Revelations and I think it's an amazing title. A return to form for the RE franchise. And it's a game with some background on the BSAA, which is nice. During RE 5 you knew it was an organisation where Chris and Sheva were a part of and nothing more. Anyway, I liked the game a lot. The parts where Quint and Keith were a bit sketchy because as characters they were very unlike anything we've seen in the RE universe, but that's something I can cope with.

Personally I think that the episodic structure of the game is very cool and more importantly, it fits an handheld setup. I think it's Capcom's best decision regarding the game, next to the return of the more classic RE feel. Thumbs up for the nod towards a certain architect... I also feel that keeping the RE 4/5 gameplay along with limited ammo was a very good decision. There are certain parts in the game where enemy encounters are truly exciting and tense again. The Ooze won't be the most iconic enemies fought in a RE game, but they are quite challenging nonetheless. Step up from the Majini. Bossfights are good as well. Yes the dialogue is cheesy (but I do think Parker is awesome) and some characters are a bit over the top, but that's Resident Evil for ya.

RE4/REmake > RE 2 > RE 3 > RE Revelations > RE CVX > RE Zero > RE 5 imo

And oh, ending spoilers:

I suppose Chris his rage in the RE 6 trailer about a "Bitch" could refer to Jessica right? It seems she and Raymond have plans for the T-Abyss virus. Would be funny if Raymond turns out be the mercenary from RE 6. :p Which he won't but just throwing something out there.

Oh and I was relieved to see Parker alive hehe.

OmegaZero

About Hell Mode. Can anyone confirm that it actually works the same way it did in the demo? Does it actually change up the enemy, item, and weapon placement?

jokkir

Do you think it would be worth it to preorder the game to get that 3DS case? The case seems kind of meh from the looks of it.

Neiteio

The gray ones.
LOL, oh you. :)

I personally think the monsters look awesome, but I haven't played the game yet. I don't see what's forgettable about the Ooze -- they look like a great blend of nautical themes (urchins, sponges, crabs, etc), layered on top of the usual zombie shambling. But the creature that looks especially cool, from what I've seen in screens, is the six-armed cockroach-man. It looks like it inhabits water-logged areas, with an open rib-cage running along its inner body, and the sleek wing-like protrusions running down its back. Such cool design. The Hunters look well-done in this game too.

NeoRausch

I personally think the monsters look awesome, but I haven't played the game yet. I don't see what's forgettable about the Ooze -- they look like a great blend of nautical themes (urchins, sponges, crabs, etc), layered on top of the usual zombie shambling. But the creature that looks especially cool, from what I've seen in screens, is the six-armed cockroach-man. It looks like it inhabits water-logged areas, with an open rib-cage running along its inner body, and the sleek wing-like protrusions running down its back. Such cool design. The Hunters look well-done in this game too.
Hehe, just kidding. I got no beef with the monster design.
the guys you just mentioned are indeed pretty awesome looking, but fucking annoying.
my favs are some of the later bosses, so i don't wanna talk about them right now.

Neiteio

Hehe, just kidding. I got no beef with the monster design.
the guys you just mentioned are indeed pretty awesome looking, but fucking annoying.
my favs are some of the later bosses, so i don't wanna talk about them right now.
Fair enough. :) I loooooove cool-looking monsters, so the creature selection is always one of my favorite things in a Resident Evil game. Uroboros and U-8 were beautiful in RE5. The transformed Bitores Mendez, Verdugo and transformed Salazar were the stunners in RE4. I could study the intricate musculature of RE5's Lickers all day. RE6 looks like it will have its share of incredible monsters, like whatever that bone-white giant is at the end of the trailer, and the new Nemesis with the drippy wax face and mechanical claw-hand.

Judging from screens, I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around some of the Revelations monsters -- one looks like a towering Tyrant made of chitinous tumors? -- but the transformed woman looks amazing, as does this other one with pointed armor on its limbs and head. Those fleshy slugs on the beach look interesting as well...

Wait till you fight them - pain in the arse.

Sinthetic

What an amazing game. Seriously, Campaign all said and done took 7 hours 50 with a stack of Achievements unlocked. I've spent 4 hours of raid, currently at Stage 18, Level 20 with over 50% of the Achievements done.

The story was really interesting (for a RE game)...
I almost cried at the part where Parker "dies"

There were moments in this beauty of a game where I ran past stunning environments and took the time out to run all the way back just so I could see them again, the corridor before the final boss sticks out in my mind.

The new additions to the cast are an absolute blast and I particularly loved Raymond, Jessica and Parker.

Best line in the game went something like this:

Jackass: I hope we find a super computer, that would be TITS.

That'll be best dialogue of the year for me.

Now I'm going to finish off Raid on Normal and start Hard and plunge into HELL on Campaign mode.

NeoRausch

Yeah, I think I saw in a video that you have to use the scanner to catch fleeting glimpses of their silhouettes when they submerge underwater, and then they get closer and jump you. :)
That's when you're NOT in the water. Go for a dive and meet these fuckers...

About Hell Mode. Can anyone confirm that it actually works the same way it did in the demo? Does it actually change up the enemy, item, and weapon placement?

So far I've seen different item placement, didn't notice different enemy placement yet, but holy shit, hell mode is brutal. It's really balanced for New Game+.

Amazing.

OmegaZero

So far I've seen different item placement, didn't notice different enemy placement yet, but holy shit, hell mode is brutal. It's really balanced for New Game+.

Amazing.

That does indeed sound amazing. I love "Hard" modes that actually mix things up instead of just buffing the enemies/nerfing the player.

I'm also wondering if dodging works the same way it did in the demo. Can you dodge any attack (like projectiles or even explosions), or just melee-based ones?

Top Bottom