• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons |OT| 3D Jill Sandwiches

So what's the general consensus? If you have a 3DS and are at least interested in RE to any degree you should have this game?

Amazon.com is about to ship my copy but still curious. Is this a must buy or at least a serious showcase for the 3DS in the end?

Let's say it so: If this game would have been out two monts ago, it would be my 2011 Goty.

This game is amazing and addictive so far. I'm only up to Episode 6 (I'm in the US), but the pacing is fantastic.

I'm a big fan of the high-tension solitude moments being interlaced with high-octane action.

Also, I have no idea how anyone can survive without the CPP. Moving and shooting is pretty much ideal.

This game is amazing and addictive so far. I'm only up to Episode 6 (I'm in the US), but the pacing is fantastic.

I'm a big fan of the high-tension solitude moments being interlaced with high-octane action.

Also, I have no idea how anyone can survive without the CPP. Moving and shooting is pretty much ideal.

dat skills.

I'm not saying it's unplayable. But, if I had to stop and shoot during Episode 6, I'd probably break my 3DS.

You can still strafe by pressing L though. Which I rarely used in combat. Just to evade the
projectiles of this shooting type enemies
and to peak around corners. Everything else is covered by the dodging mechanic imo (which I didn't master until the final boss fight lol).

You can still strafe by pressing L though. Which I rarely used in combat. Just to evade the
projectiles of this shooting type enemies
and to peak around corners. Everything else is covered by the dodging mechanic imo (which I didn't master until the final boss fight lol).

Speaking of the dodge mechanic... tips? I'd like to master it before the last boss, haha.

Ken

I won't be getting the CCP with Revelations tomorrow since it's not on Amazon so I'll be interested in seeing how I fare without the add-on.

I posted my impressions of the CPP on the last page and I think it's very counterproductive. At least in RE:R. Every button and the touchscreen feel like they are a little more out of reach and it's just not very comfortable to hold in your hands. And the game is clearly balanced for control-schemes that don't use a second analog stick, so that wont be a problem.

Sadist

So what's the general consensus? If you have a 3DS and are at least interested in RE to any degree you should have this game?

Amazon.com is about to ship my copy but still curious. Is this a must buy or at least a serious showcase for the 3DS in the end?
BUY IT.

Btw, Raid Mode is way too addictive. Up to lvl 37 and with my lvl 37 magnum I'm totally awesome :7

Speaking of the dodge mechanic... tips? I'd like to master it before the last boss, haha.

Flick the (left) slide pad up or down while pressing B shortly before the attack hits you. You have to work on your timing here, as soon as you "get it" you can pretty much pull it off whenever you want.
On my first playthrough I sometimes felt like dodging randomly without pressing B by moving the pad to the left/right side. I still don't know what's behing that for sure.

wrowa

I didn't expect that I would play much of the Raid mode at all (I never liked the Mercenaries modes very much and I thought this one would be similar), but I was wrong. It's hilariously addictive and together with a friend of mine I've already put more than 5 hours into it. Great fun.

Effect

Think it was mentioned on Bombcast that the CCP makes it play almost exactly like RE4.

I believe someone earlier said they or at least one of the guys there said it looked like a PSP game. I doubt they have any credibility when it comes to talking about this game.

Truth101

Banned
Giant Bomb is fantastic.

However, none of them are handheld gamers. In that one area, they're lacking, for sure.

They don't need to be handheld gamers to know that RE:4 didn't use twin stick aiming. All this shows is they don't care to verify their statements with actual facts.

Vidiot

I won't have my copy until tomorrow and I most likely won't hop online with it until I've spent some time with the game, but I'd like to throw my friend code into the pile. I also have Mercenaries 3D and Mario Kart 7.

0216-0799-8851

Evilcrane

Been playing Raid mode quite a bit, cleared all the stages on chasm (not all of them on S rank but most) and I'm level 20 right now: Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but shouldn't I have some new characters or at least outfits unlocked by now? It would also seem that I am unable to play any trench-level stages. Anyone? :)

Been playing Raid mode quite a bit, cleared all the stages on chasm (not all of them on S rank but most) and I'm level 20 right now: Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but shouldn't I have some new characters or at least outfits unlocked by now? It would also seem that I am unable to play any trench-level stages. Anyone? :)

You know that you have to activate the Missions after completion, right? Check your Missions, there should be new chars and costumes by now.

depward

CCP being delivered today from my Nintendo.com order + RE: Revelations tomorrow. Glorious.

The wait has been hard!! Hope there is a lot of Raid Mode activity, even with you Euros getting it early...

5amshift

Banned
Tomorrow morning, a friend and I will be on the hunt for typo copies of the game. Hopefully it won't be tough, but we are ready to spend the full day looking at about 20+ possible stores.

Sadist

Code:
AndrewDean84xX__________0946 2259 9774
Toma____________________2191 7626 0648
Cwarrior _________________3480 2553 6304
NintendoGal ______________1075 0708 3958
weird____________________4639 8940 9147
boris feinbrand____________2019 9637 7448
jufonuk __________________2277 6685 7486
kamorra _________________2664 2164 4466
AkimbO_Arcana ___________3394 3575 4066
XPE _____________________1504 5776 5139
The perfect Dark___________0559 7475 3457
Phife Dawg________________0173 1278 8671
Nicko ____________________4253 3495 9513
profit ____________________3566 1713 2484
Luigiv____________________0173 1316 9263
slaughterking______________0602 6475 2803
The Evil Ganon_____________3007 8108 3296
Sadist____________________2363-5742-0044

Added myself :)

OmegaZero

A knife only run is impossible. Simple as that. 30 minutes won't even get you past the first boss with the knife, aside from the fact that you'd have to evade his instant kill move. His hitpoints are immensely high as it is already. You would be faster if you'd use a PB Gun than the knife.
Let alone that some of the enemies simply aren't bothered by you knifing them. Later on you'll encounter enemies that are simply too strong to kill or stagger with a knife.
The knife is simply a nice way of saving some bullets once you staggered an enemy or when fighting water based enemies.

But maybe some crazy bastard will find a way to kill the final boss with a knife in under 10 hours.

Sounds intense. I guess I'd be better off going for a no-damage run or something.
Do you not get a stronger knife later?

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Think it was mentioned on Bombcast that the CCP makes it play almost exactly like RE4.

I'm pretty sure they said it makes it play exactly like RE5. Then Brad said "Um, actually I probably need to go back and play RE5 again" but he said it basically felt good.

I don't think they ever said it plays like RE4.

Zomba13

How is this supposed to make sense? RE4 didn't use twin stick aiming. But it's Giantbomb and sometimes their lack of "expert knowledge" is mindblowing.

It was said in the Quick Look and referring to without the CCP. (I actually just watched that earlier today so it's still fresh in my mind)

Top Bottom