• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons |OT| 3D Jill Sandwiches

Neiteio

Anyone playing this game in FPS view?
Yes, I played it in FPS. I'm a Mercs vet from RE4, RE5 and Mercs 3D where I always played in third-person, but for this game it just seemed more appropriate to go first-person. Another first: I played with the aiming non-inverted. For some reason it just felt more intuitive in this case for up to go up and down to go down. I kept the camera controls inverted, though.

I agree with everything about Chapter 12 except the final boss fight. Loved the atmosphere and mood of the level itself (perhaps the best in the entire game) but hated the final boss. And yes, it really does suck that you can't replay any mission after you beat the game, or at least I'm not aware you can do it.

I actually loved
the final boss, felt like a classic Tyrant fight just more advanced

did anyone else enjoy(late game spoilers)
the on rails stuff in this? I thought both were pretty good, much better than 5's the second one I felt added alot to that boss fight.

Vidiot

Do scans carry over on new game+ or do I have to scan everything again? I forgot to scan one boss near the end. :( I wish we could replay episodes.

Anyway game was fantastic and it's one of the best in the series IMO. Still have raid mode to hop into later and eventually hell mode. :)

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Finished chapter 8 and it keeps getting better and better. Nice change of pace, and the visuals don't stop to amaze.

What crack were the people who complained about the story/structure of the game taking? It's brilliant. Yet another reason why reviews are such BS nowadays.

Toge

akimbo's router is all messed up :( anyone else willing to play on abyss with a level 47 jessica devotee with a penchant for the muramasa rifle?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Wait a minute... Jessica is
that girl from Terragrigea (or however you spell it) with the short red hair? I'm not really understanding her story and Dominiks >__>

Took me 9 hours first playthrough.

Yeah, it's her. Both Parker and Jessica worked for FBC during Terragrigia's crisis

Grisby

Internet is acting up, can I raid mode solo and still earn XP and stuff? I know there's a solo option but didn't know if it got you XP.

I'm on the part with Keith and Quint where you go to investigate the crash site. I died when the
ghost hunters
jump out. Now every time I restart it, the baddies come at me before the cut scene starts......then the game never returns to the action after the cutscene. So basically I have to do the whole chapter over again if I quit??

I absolutely love this game and thought it to be pretty much flawless, but this is a terrible glitch. Anyone else experienced it?

So, uh, question regarding the legendary weapons:

Is it just me, or is the Drake kinda... lame and redundant? It's a fancy looking Hydra with one less barrel. Am I missing something? Does it have some other special feature?

is there a trick to dodging or such? I just can't seem to make it fluid feeling and often do it by accident. When I try to dodge it fails more than when I do it by sheer luck.

Famassu

is there a trick to dodging or such? I just can't seem to make it fluid feeling and often do it by accident. When I try to dodge it fails more than when I do it by sheer luck.
I dunno, I usually just stop shooting when the enemy is ~near enough to hit me, hold the B button pressed down and when the enemy makes a move that looks like it'll be the start of an attack animation, I press forward. It has worked flawlessly so far.

There definitely is skill in dodging as for one large boss I consistently did it as I had to.

I was in a rhythm.

I couldn't exactly duplicate it anywhere else though but yeah it involves moving the circle pad somewhere and maybe pressing a button at the last second.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I can't get it consistent either and it is making the third boss very challenging. What do I do here?

edit: Also, this game is making me hate the circle pad. I am consistently slowing down!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I can't get it consistent either and it is making the third boss very challenging. What do I do here?

The trick with the third boss it to aim for the red, humanoid bit when shooting, lure it towards barrels and shoot the barrels and then make sure you fully charge your melee attacks when he's down (hold down the button).

You don't even really need to know how to dodge with it. Just run by it.

NeoRausch

So, uh, question regarding the legendary weapons:

Is it just me, or is the Drake kinda... lame and redundant? It's a fancy looking Hydra with one less barrel. Am I missing something? Does it have some other special feature?
nah, as far as i am (lvl 43) they are fancy looking and useless. Most of them are outclassed by the same class in standart. On the other hand...i just got a lvl 42 pale rider which is now my strongest wep atm.

On evading....take a miinute after a savepoint to just train the evading. I did that on the very last boss...cause you need it there.
and remeber: just when you press down you need to press b, on all other occasions (up, left, right) just go with a late timed press in the right direction.
also its a little bit like rock, paper, scissors. Attack from right, evade to left, attack from left, evade to right....and so on.

timing is freaking important.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The trick with the third boss it to aim for the red, humanoid bit when shooting, lure it towards barrels and shoot the barrels and then make sure you fully charge your melee attacks when he's down (hold down the button).

You don't even really need to know how to dodge with it. Just run by it.

thank you, he went down easily!

I'm now on my second Campaign playthrough but this time on Casual and still really enjoying the game. However, I decided to try the Raid mode for the first time before putting it down for the night and was really impressed with it. I only played the very first stage but if that is anything to go by I am going to have a blast with this! :) I had to really resist the temptation to keep going as I could see myself spending half the night on it!

Question: How does one do the melee attack when one is using the Circle Pad Pro? I can't figure it out for the life of me. I had to revert to sans CPP at the end of my play tonight as my batteries were dying and found it the easiest thing to pull off :/.

How long is it for single player?

Well my first run on Campaign mode [on Normal difficulty level] was the best part of 20 hours. However, I had quite a bit of trouble at various points and my natural play style is methodical and unrushed in any case. When I find a game I really take to I like to take my time and really savour it. I can see however that for others who have commented, their mileage varies :).

Finished chapter 8 and it keeps getting better and better. Nice change of pace, and the visuals don't stop to amaze.

What crack were the people who complained about the story/structure of the game taking? It's brilliant. Yet another reason why reviews are such BS nowadays.

Well we all have our likes and dislikes. Fortunately, I too share your enthusiasm. I have really enjoyed the episodic nature of the game [especially given it is a handheld game; I think it is a sensible choice that respects the nature of the gameplay on a handheld and does not try to force it to be a home console game but on a handheld] and have even enjoyed the "previously" summaries because a refresher a welcome [even if I only played it the day before] I don't always have everything that has recently happened in the game in the forefront of my mind yet I generally despise cinematics.

Internet is acting up, can I raid mode solo and still earn XP and stuff? I know there's a solo option but didn't know if it got you XP.

I believe so. I have only just played my first level in Raid mode, solo or otherwise, and I seemed to go up a level and earn so stuff.

so i got to the part
where parker falls into the flames, is he dead or is he "dead" ?

Poor Parker :(.

:p

Neiteio

so i got to the part
where parker falls into the flames, is he dead or is he "dead" ?

:(

EDIT: Just went through 18 stages straight in Trench with a wonderful co-op partner named Cutrain (he/she had a period at the end of his/her name). Now I'm two stages away from Jessica's second outfit, and at lv. 35, five stages away from her third. Good stuff. :)

I also learned you can expand the herb case in Raid multiple times, and knowing you can spend a bit of BP to ensure your weapons and herbs are fully loaded at the start of the next mission is nice.

ALSO: If I beat it on Normal and have New Game +, can I play Casual on New Game +, and then after beating it try Hell mode? I might just want to play through the campaign for fun without much challenge, to see all the setpieces and cutscene again.

ALSO: If I beat it on Normal and have New Game +, can I play Casual on New Game +, and then after beating it try Hell mode? I might just want to play through the campaign for fun without much challenge, to see all the setpieces and cutscene again.

Yup. That's what I did. Carried over my Normal playthough to Casual, in order to do the No Herb / Infinite RL mission, and will later use that save for Hell.

So the part in Episode 5 where Keith and Quentin go to investigate the crash site has a GAME ENDING glitch!!

I died right after the time the computer nerd was freaking out about the
ghost hunters
and had to continue. When it came back up, the enemies were already present and attacking me. Then when we walked forward, the nerd freaks out again and it shows the right side of the map and the broken metal container....and just sticks there. It's not frozen, but you can't move or anything.

I've restarted from that checkpoint with the same results. I've hard reset the DS and restarted the game and it's the same.

So looks like I'm starting over unless there's a way to start from the beginning of an episode instead of the checkpoint?

PKrockin

I'm actually finding dodging the normal enemies really easy. All I do is hit forward slightly after they begin their animation where they reach for me. I'm not too far in the game yet so maybe the other enemies have different timing?

Ridley327

I'm actually finding dodging the normal enemies really easy. All I do is hit forward slightly after they begin their animation where they reach for me. I'm not too far in the game yet so maybe the other enemies have different timing?

One particular enemy will have you executing a 180 to do the proper dodge.

I'm very pleased with the effort that Capcom put into this game. It gives me hope that RE 6 will be good .

[/QUOTE]
AndrewDean84xX__________0946 2259 9774
Toma____________________2191 7626 0648
Cwarrior _________________3480 2553 6304
NintendoGal ______________1075 0708 3958
weird____________________4639 8940 9147
boris feinbrand____________2019 9637 7448
jufonuk __________________2277 6685 7486
kamorra _________________2664 2164 4466
AkimbO_Arcana ___________3394 3575 4066
XPE _____________________1504 5776 5139
The perfect Dark___________0559 7475 3457
Phife Dawg________________0173 1278 8671
Nicko ____________________4253 3495 9513
profit ____________________3566 1713 2484
Luigiv____________________0173 1316 9263
slaughterking______________0602 6475 2803
The Evil Ganon ____________3007 8108 3296
Vidiot ____________________0216 0799 8851
Sadist____________________2363 5742 0044
loborzelda ________________2363 5624 2558
Evilcrane _________________2406 5147 3160
ReconPeon________________4682 8480 9046
MiamiWesker______________0731 4748 8002
Ken______________________3780 9033 8017
jtrov_____________________2363 6212 8253
01DragonFly_______________2492 4132 9240
BigDin69__________________1719 3175 9888
Sammy Samusu ___________4296 3009 6559
SteeloDMZ ________________4511 0776 3365
Westraid__________________2234 7257 0692
The M.O.B_________________4768 7672 0830
Lothars ___________________2664 2261 4686
indigodomino ______________4639 9730 0549
Incitemaybe _______________2621 2608 3510
delta25 ___________________4038 6009 7078
Vyse The Legend ___________4296 2976 2330
smug_____________________4639 8989 7962
Chuck_____________________ 3394 4330 0250
The Insane Dufresne___________4725 8118 8518
[/QUOTE]

I'm ready to kick ass in Raid Mode. Added my name to the list.

Insaniac

i'm a noob to raid mode, anyone wanna play with me?

Just spend the last 2 minutes looking for my Friend code when I realized I didn't need a game specific one doh.

4425-1562-4670

hitmon

Currently got to episode 6. Loving the game so far. The lighting, music, and sound really gets me tense while using Jill at times. Played raid mode solo a little bit and loving that too.

There seems to be some backtracking in the game so I'm afraid I may have screwed myself over if I ever need to go back regarding picking up items for the campaign.

As of right now, this is probably my favorite 3ds game out right now. Ocarina of Time 3DS I kind of got burnt out around 11 hours in and that was the game that got me to get the 3DS.. I'm hoping I don't get burnt out playing this before finishing it either. So far about 6.5 hour total playtime for Revelaitons.

Jarsonot

Melee on CPP is R button, not RZ. I keep messing it up and hitting X, which for some reason does nothing. Why not have it melee also? Ah well.

Edit: also throwing out my FC: 3523-2206-6152

Seik

Banned
I finally managed to find a copy! :D

zHdF7.jpg

I just finished episode three and I did the 7 first missions in Raid Mode, that shit is soooo good! A guy level 44 helped me out and he was doing a shitload of damage, so it was quite easy. Can't wait to unlock more, this mode is cocaine.

Those graphics are outstanding, I didn't expect so much from the 3DS, What surprised me the most is that there is French/Spanish/Italian VA too.

Top Bottom