• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons Unveiled Edition |OT| "Me and my sweet ass are on the way!"

Yama

rvBFKuA.png

091OewT.png

xmHptg5.png

UzNMDP0.png

ez5hjrQ.png

21PydAa.png

BHyFRGh.png

o19TAo7.png

NGOsYPq.png

HeOgEUw.png

dc89

I liked this on the 3DS, well the demo at least. May look into getting it on a console, but I'll wait for some reviews and impressions.

I wonder what the definitive version is?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Jill's ass needs its own character bio detailing previous appearances in REmake and RE5.

Otherwise great op.

Sadist

Will get it at a cheaper price because I own the 3DS version.

Gonna be good when replaying this one. The ship parts are excellent.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Lmfao that is the greatest fucking title ever for this game. It works so WELL!

Will probably buy too, just for Raid Mode alone. It's just too good to pass up.

Magnus

Resident Evil Revelations: Unveiled Edition?

*big groan*

Waiting for the inevitable discount around the holidays. $50's just way too much.

Neiteio

Just to clarify, Jessica says the "My sweet ass is on the way" quote. I like her Terragrigia outfit best -- it's what I always rock in Raid Mode:

rev3.jpg

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I'm gonna wait a little bit and then jump on the PC version.

Can someone give me a quick overview of the Raid mode? I hear it's pretty fun. Is it co-op or online at all?

Neiteio

I'm gonna wait a little bit and then jump on the PC version.

Can someone give me a quick overview of the Raid mode? I hear it's pretty fun. Is it co-op or online at all?
Lemme break down Raid Mode for you. It's a separate mode, and you can play in single-player or co-op, offline or online.

You start at lv. 1. You level up to lv. 50. Your enemies range from lv. 1 to lv. 50, as well. And in Raid, there are other twists like tiny versions of enemies that are super-fast (hilariously terrifying, in the case of the chainsaw monster), or supersized versions of enemies that are slow but tremendously strong and resilient.

Where the weapons are concerned... You have a variety of handguns, shotguns, machine guns, magnums and rifles. Each has a level -- the higher the level, the stronger the weapon, but you must match or exceed the level in order to equip. Weapons also have a randomized number of slots -- I think the max is like eight or 10. Each slot can house a "part," with the best parts being the "illegal custom parts" squirreled away in optional corners of the levels.

Parts can increase firing speed, hitting power, accuracy, ammo capacity, penetration (for striking multiple foes in one shot), and so on. There are even ones that increase your shots in power the closer/farther you are to an enemy, or that scale in power based on other factors. Some even increase or decrease the target's aggression once shot.

Naturally, the more slots your weapon has, the more ways you can power it up. This makes the pursuit of high-level, high-slot loot in the game VERY addictive, and adds to your incentive to level up, and complete levels on higher difficulties. You also unlock characters as you level up, which you can view in great detail in Raid's model viewer.

There are also other weapons, like decoy bombs that lure away enemies before exploding, and underwater bombs you can use, well, underwater. (And swimming controls are superior here to what they were in RE6, and I say that as someone who otherwise loved the mechanics in that game.)

And remember, there's NO TIME LIMIT in Raid. Unlike Mercs, you don't have the clock breathing down your back. Don't get me wrong, I -love- Mercs, but Raid is definitely a nice change of pace. There are 20 levels, all expansive missions lifted from the game, each with three difficulty levels. There are at least 12 characters now.

And Ghost Ship, the secret 21st level, is INCREDIBLE. It spans the ENTIRE ship, with multiple false exits and multiple paths to the true ending. With the heart-thumping music, and the HUGE challenge, it's a freaking adventure in itself. A Ghost Ship run can take a solid hour. No saving, no starting over, just BRACE YOURSELF.

Played the PC demo and I'm wondering, does the combat get any better? The couple of monsters in the demo have terrible reactions that make for dull combat.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Lemme break down Raid Mode for you. It's a separate mode, and you can play in single-player or co-op, offline or online.

You start at lv. 1. You level up to lv. 50. Your enemies range from lv. 1 to lv. 50, as well. And in Raid, there are other twists like tiny versions of enemies that are super-fast (hilariously terrifying, in the case of the chainsaw monster), or supersized versions of enemies that are slow but tremendously strong and resilient.

Where the weapons are concerned... You have a variety of handguns, shotguns, machine guns, magnums and rifles. Each has a level -- the higher the level, the stronger the weapon, but you must match or exceed the level in order to equip. Weapons also have a randomized number of slots -- I think the max is like eight or 10. Each slot can house a "part," with the best parts being the "illegal custom parts" squirreled away in optional corners of the levels.

Parts can increase firing speed, hitting power, accuracy, ammo capacity, penetration (for striking multiple foes in one shot), and so on. There are even ones that increase your shots in power the closer/farther you are to an enemy, or that scale in power based on other factors. Some even increase or decrease the target's aggression once shot.

Naturally, the more slots your weapon has, the more ways you can power it up. This makes the pursuit of high-level, high-slot loot in the game VERY addictive, and adds to your incentive to level up, and complete levels on higher difficulties. You also unlock characters as you level up, which you can view in great detail in Raid's model viewer.

There are also other weapons, like decoy bombs that lure away enemies before exploding, and underwater bombs you can use, well, underwater. (And swimming controls are superior here to what they were in RE6, and I say that as someone who otherwise loved the mechanics in that game.)

And remember, there's NO TIME LIMIT in Raid. Unlike Mercs, you don't have the clock breathing down your back. Don't get me wrong, I -love- Mercs, but Raid is definitely a nice change of pace. There are 20 levels, all expansive missions lifted from the game, each with three difficulty levels. There are at least 12 characters now.

And Ghost Ship, the secret 21st level, is INCREDIBLE. It spans the ENTIRE ship, with multiple false exits and multiple paths to the true ending. With the heart-thumping music, and the HUGE challenge, it's a freaking adventure in itself. A Ghost Ship run can take a solid hour. No saving, no starting over, just BRACE YOURSELF.

welp, i'm sold

I came for screenshots of said ass :(

Just pulled over to say.

That ass is pretty fat.

uh, but this would help

Neiteio

While this is my second favorite RE, I'm going to take a wait and see due to the allegedly wonky controls. I haven't downloaded the demo yet on Steam, WiiU or PS3, either, which is something I'd like to do in deciding which version to get. Leaning toward WiiU due to the extra features.

Didn't play it on 3DS, but I did really enjoy the demo.

I can't really afford full priced games right now, so I'll pick this up for PS3 when I can.

Dat Raid Mode. Dat Rachel.

Top Bottom