• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons Unveiled Edition |OT| "Me and my sweet ass are on the way!"

Mupod

The price point baffles me, but I'll pick up the PC version for infernal mode at some point. It's a good game and worth that much, but certainly not for a double dip.

Yeppers, you can play Jill's ass on your cumpooper.

All Hail Revelaitons-gaf's
poke
King Neiteio!

I kinda want to pick up the 3DS version instead as I can let my cousins borrow it; This one coming out will surely trigger some nice sales. I hope they didn't have any of Mercenaries save shenanigans in there.

I am not sure I'm going to be able to skip the PC version; but I could wait till the mods start dropping and a price cut on that as well.

Dueck

Banned
I was all gung-ho to get the PS3 copy, but after using the aiming offered in the demo I am getting cold feet. It just felt really bad. I thought maybe it was just me, so I booted up my 3DS copy, and found the controls a lot more enjoyable. The only reason I have not totally written off this version is the added content.

aE3gZPN.jpg

Hot.

ibjaIEonLeKKgC.gif

Neiteio

All Hail Revelaitons-gaf's
poke
King Neiteio!

I kinda want to pick up the 3DS version instead as I can let my cousins borrow it; This one coming out will surely trigger some nice sales. I hope they didn't have any of Mercenaries save shenanigans in there.

I am not sure I'm going to be able to skip the PC version; but I could wait till the mods start dropping and a price cut on that as well.
Get the 3DS version for $19 on Amazon now, let your cousin borrow it when you're done, and soon enough the PC version will be handsomely discounted on Steam, just in time for the Jill-in-a-thong mod.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

CASE CLOSED.

THAT'S A WRAP.

HOW ABOUT THAT.

JUMPING JACKS.

The Hermit

I'm just waiting for NOA to release some XL colors that aren't garbage...

...or that make me feel uncomfortable.

Pikachu2.jpg

...or look like my girlfriend's purse

Animal-Crossing-3DS-XL-1-500x312.jpg

Agree wholeheartedly, but I gave up and ended up buying the Red one after MH3. Didn't regret one bit.

Btw, great thread/game guys, I still have to finish it on the 3DS though

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
PC version all the way!

Got that Animal Crossing XL preordered. It's too dope.
Most of my previous handhelds have mostly gone to waste, but I'm still tempted by that one. I'd probably just get SMT and that's all. And who knows if I'd even play it.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So I'm playing through the 3DS version right now before jumping into the PS3 version next week but I just cant quite figure out how to trigger the special melee animations.

RE4/5/6 all had a simple method, shoot head, or leg run up and push action. While I've managed to pull this off once ever in the 3DS version I am not sure how. I shoot them too many times and they die, but when they look like they stagger they aren't, and when I am 99% sure they have staggered they're one more shot from dying.

Really what I'm asking is how do I make melee useful in RE:R. Or is it not supposed to be useful and completely reliant on dodge? I'm also not sure about dodge lol. Does tapping B on the 3DS just not work? I can get the flip up and down dodges to work pretty well but it's kind of hard to do while running or moving but I can't get B dodge to work.

Neiteio

So I'm playing through the 3DS version right now before jumping into the PS3 version next week but I just cant quite figure out how to trigger the special melee animations.

RE4/5/6 all had a simple method, shoot head, or leg run up and push action. While I've managed to pull this off once ever in the 3DS version I am not sure how. I shoot them too many times and they die, but when they look like they stagger they aren't, and when I am 99% sure they have staggered they're one more shot from dying.

Really what I'm asking is how do I make melee useful in RE:R. Or is it not supposed to be useful and completely reliant on dodge? I'm also not sure about dodge lol. Does tapping B on the 3DS just not work? I can get the flip up and down dodges to work pretty well but it's kind of hard to do while running or moving but I can't get B dodge to work.
With basic Ooze, you shoot the ARMS until they're disabled, at which point they'll lean over with their mouth-sac dangling. That's when you run in and get the melee prompt. Hold the melee button to charge it for MAXIMUM POWAH.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
With basic Ooze, you shoot the ARMS until they're disabled, at which point they'll lean over with their mouth-sac dangling. That's when you run in and get the melee prompt. Hold the melee button to charge it for MAXIMUM POWAH.

ooooooooooooh that makes sense. About how many shots is it? With a base m9 it's like 6 or 7 body shots for a full kill and do I need to disable both arms or just one?

Neiteio

ooooooooooooh that makes sense. About how many shots is it? With a base m9 it's like 6 or 7 body shots for a full kill and do I need to disable both arms or just one?
Not sure offhand, but it shouldn't take much. The main benefit is knocking back the rest of the crowd in the process.

Lemme break down Raid Mode for you. It's a separate mode, and you can play in single-player or co-op, offline or online.

You start at lv. 1. You level up to lv. 50. Your enemies range from lv. 1 to lv. 50, as well. And in Raid, there are other twists like tiny versions of enemies that are super-fast (hilariously terrifying, in the case of the chainsaw monster), or supersized versions of enemies that are slow but tremendously strong and resilient.

Where the weapons are concerned... You have a variety of handguns, shotguns, machine guns, magnums and rifles. Each has a level -- the higher the level, the stronger the weapon, but you must match or exceed the level in order to equip. Weapons also have a randomized number of slots -- I think the max is like eight or 10. Each slot can house a "part," with the best parts being the "illegal custom parts" squirreled away in optional corners of the levels.

Parts can increase firing speed, hitting power, accuracy, ammo capacity, penetration (for striking multiple foes in one shot), and so on. There are even ones that increase your shots in power the closer/farther you are to an enemy, or that scale in power based on other factors. Some even increase or decrease the target's aggression once shot.

Naturally, the more slots your weapon has, the more ways you can power it up. This makes the pursuit of high-level, high-slot loot in the game VERY addictive, and adds to your incentive to level up, and complete levels on higher difficulties. You also unlock characters as you level up, which you can view in great detail in Raid's model viewer.

There are also other weapons, like decoy bombs that lure away enemies before exploding, and underwater bombs you can use, well, underwater. (And swimming controls are superior here to what they were in RE6, and I say that as someone who otherwise loved the mechanics in that game.)

And remember, there's NO TIME LIMIT in Raid. Unlike Mercs, you don't have the clock breathing down your back. Don't get me wrong, I -love- Mercs, but Raid is definitely a nice change of pace. There are 20 levels, all expansive missions lifted from the game, each with three difficulty levels. There are at least 12 characters now.

And Ghost Ship, the secret 21st level, is INCREDIBLE. It spans the ENTIRE ship, with multiple false exits and multiple paths to the true ending. With the heart-thumping music, and the HUGE challenge, it's a freaking adventure in itself. A Ghost Ship run can take a solid hour. No saving, no starting over, just BRACE YOURSELF.

Capcom! Pay this person please - as they just sold me a copy of the game!

As someone who already enjoyed this on 3DS I just want to know whether Infernal difficulty is actually in the full game this time. That would get me interested again. Is it?

Neiteio

As someone who already enjoyed this on 3DS I just want to know whether Infernal difficulty is actually in the full game this time. That would get me interested again. Is it?
Infernal is for Campaign. I believe it also randomizes the enemies for a sort of rogue-like appeal, but someone else should confirm that.

Infernal is for Campaign. I believe it also randomizes the enemies for a sort of rogue-like appeal, but someone else should confirm that.

So it is there, a full campaign "remix?" That's great. That's what the 3DS demo's Hell mode hinted at, but the full game had nothing of the sort. It's terrible that 3DS players won't be able to experience it, but it might get me to buy this version when the price is low.

It would be really nice if this feature could be mentioned in the OP; I bet there are other people that played the original version and would be enticed to get this version because of it.

G_Berry

Banned
Hows the 3ds version without the circle pad add on?

Demo is downloading now on my fresh new xl but im just wondering if that later in the game, the one stick controls become difficult?

cvxfreak

Hows the 3ds version without the circle pad add on?

Demo is downloading now on my fresh new xl but im just wondering if that later in the game, the one stick controls become difficult?

I don't believe so. Without the CCP, it's just like RE4/RE5.

I don't believe so. Without the CCP, it's just like RE4/RE5.

I don't remember completely, but I'm pretty sure it depends on the control type you choose. There's at least one type that allows you to move and shoot simultaneously, but of course you have to alternate between moving your character and aiming. That's how I played it, and I actually liked the tradeoff in many ways. The CCP would probably make the game much easier on the whole.

Sectus

Just gonna repeat some stuff mentioned in other Revelations threads:

- Choosing outfits for a campaign is an unlockable feature. This wasn't possible in the original 3DS version. Although with pre-rendered cutscenes, the different outfits will only be visible ingame.

- There's already some mods released for the PC demo. Including a mod which makes Jill look like Jill: http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/1649/rerpnj.jpg

And of course, there's already the obligatory nude mod: http://abload.de/img/rerev_demo2013-05-1618wp9o.jpg (NSFW)

Here's the link to the Jill RE5 face mod: http://z6.invisionfree.com/Resident_Evil_4_PC/index.php?showtopic=24988

- Mouse controls are a bit messed up in the PC version, but the developers have said they're gonna fix it in a patch (they specifically mentioned options for turning off mouse acceleration and autoaim).

- Compared to 3DS version's raid mode, there's now 3 new costumes and 4 new characters. The 3 costumes are: http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelsto...inja-keith-costumes-unlockable-in-revelations

Two of the new characters to play as are Rachael and Hunk. And the two remaining characters will be DLC:
Ooze Rachael
and "Hunkette". Not much about Hunkette is known besides a quick glimpse of her in the Hunk trailer released a few months ago.

- There is no splitscreen multiplayer. Only system link or online.

- You can play PC version at 60fps. Master race and all that. Unfortunately, there's a few missing resolutions in the PC version. You can choose resolutions like 1280x720, 1920x1080, or 2560x1600, but a resolution like 2560x1440 is not available. Unlike Capcom's old PC games, this is steamworks instead of GFWL.

sakipon

- Choosing outfits for a campaign is an unlockable feature. This wasn't possible in the original 3DS version. Although with pre-rendered cutscenes, the different outfits will only be visible ingame.

[snip]

- Compared to 3DS version, there's 3 new costumes and 4 new characters for raid mode. The 3 costumes are: http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelsto...inja-keith-costumes-unlockable-in-revelations

Is there a reason why the new costumes can't be used in the campaign? I'm disappointed in that. Cutscenes having the default outfit is perfectly fine, I'd just like to play.

Sectus

Is there a reason why the new costumes can't be used in the campaign? I'm disappointed in that. Cutscenes having the default outfit is perfectly fine, I'd just like to play.

I should have worded it differently. It's not known which costumes you can choose for the campaign. You can probably choose between any costume for whichever character you're playing as, but it's not known yet.

Sectus

Hunkette? Maybe I should get this game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhtFT-fPifQ - If you pause at around 1:17 you can see the character. And this is literally all this is known about this character. People haven given her the nickname "Hunkette" but it's not known if it's a costume for someone or if it's a new character.

It's interesting that Capcom has given out this minor glimpse of the character 3 months ago but then kept silent about her.

Dope username bro. Thanks guys.

I hope there's an option to remove the 'blood' effect on the screen to indicate low health, it's clear enough when health is low without it and I remember (on the 3DS version) walking around with that effect completely obscuring things for up to 30 minutes at a time which got really annoying. I'm really happy with how the demo plays (on PS3) other than that though.

Played the PC demo and I'm wondering, does the combat get any better? The couple of monsters in the demo have terrible reactions that make for dull combat.

Nah. The game has pretty awful hit reactions. The combat remains dull till the very end. The fact that you face like 3 different types of enemies only makes it worse.

nikatapi

I'm seriously considering double dipping for the PC version, i played the demo, but it felt weird without the 3D effect.

Also, the controls are a bit weird, i must try with the 360 controller to see if it is better.

Top Bottom