• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons Unveiled Edition |OT| "Me and my sweet ass are on the way!"

Hesemonni

Banned
I was supposed to play this on PC, but I got the X360 copy for dirt cheap so I went with that.

I am one of those rare individuals who genuinely enjoyed both Resi 4 and 5. Actually I still think I had one of the best times of the gen with Resi 5. So yeah. Couldn't even bring myself to finish Leon's campaign in 6, but Revelaitons restored my faith in the franchise. I wouldn't call the game great, but good fun nevertheless. Didn't like the new enemies and scanning mechanic didn't quite click with me. Sort of a Resident Evil Lite if you will.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
The last boss may be one of the worst boss fights I've endured in a long time. I've shelved this fucker and may not come back

As far as my point...the aiming is terrible due to a huge dead zone.

As far as his point...I don't even remember what the last boss was. I just know the first few hours of the game are the best. After that I felt it got monotonous and turned into the now familiar faster paced RE games.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
The last boss may be one of the worst boss fights I've endured in a long time. I've shelved this fucker and may not come back
I made a huge mistake.

No magnum. I had to have my rifle ready to fie and try to identify the true one while zoomed in with him right in my face. I used ALL of my herbs, including the one in the room, but I beat him after many tries. I was savvy enough to use checkpoint reload to keep deaths down and preserve an A-rank on the chapter. He was indeed a shit boss, but I love the game.

ArjanN

The final boss is actually really good. All his attacks are telegraphed and you can interrupt his attacks as well if you shoot him in the weak spots that open on his chest. I thought the whole last area was great.

Anybody here have suggestion how to stop Norman's charge attack on Ghost Ship? You know when he stop momentarily and do a "heavy breathing" and then he charge attack you. It is not easy to dodge it. You can stop getting hit by it if you shoot him. I haven't had success with it. Any suggestions? What am I doing wrong?

npa189

I bought new ram, kingston was running a promo on newegg and it came with a free steam copy. I bought 2 packs of 8gb, and it came with two codes for the game, weird. I gave one to a friend and we have just been screwing around in raid mode, loling at how dumb this game is.

ArjanN

Anybody here have suggestion how to stop Norman's charge attack on Ghost Ship? You know when he stop momentarily and do a "heavy breathing" and then he charge attack you. It is not easy to dodge it. You can stop getting hit by it if you shoot him. I haven't had success with it. Any suggestions? What am I doing wrong?

He has a weak spot on his chest that opens up when he uses his special abilities, shooting him there staggers him. You can also use the dodge move.

Dereck

What button is it to melee staggered enemies?

EDIT: The early humanoid enemies, I can't tell when they are staggered, and when they are just kind of blown back by a bullet. It's gotten me killed a few times, it'll look like they are staggered, I'll run up close to them and try to melee, but I get no button prompt.

I just resorted to shooting the legs, and then knifing them while they're on the ground.

Dice

What button is it to melee staggered enemies?

EDIT: The early humanoid enemies, I can't tell when they are staggered, and when they are just kind of blown back by a bullet. It's gotten me killed a few times, it'll look like they are staggered, I'll run up close to them and try to melee, but I get no button prompt.

I just resorted to shooting the legs, and then knifing them while they're on the ground.
Button on what?

When they are staggered they are all slumped over, unless they are hunters then they are kind of low on all fours. It's done a lot in this video.

dropbear

Banned
Been thinking about picking this up but can't decide between 3DS and PS3. Price difference doesn't really matter to me, so which would be the better version to go with?

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Been thinking about picking this up but can't decide between 3DS and PS3. Price difference doesn't really matter to me, so which would be the better version to go with?

The console versions are the definitive versions.

PS3.

EDIT: Also controller > hand cramps.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Thanks for the reply. Care to elaborate a bit?

Console versions have new difficulty mode and enemy(ies?) added to Raid mode, along with a couple other things I can't remember off the top of my head.

EDIT: New costumes was another thing.

The thing i would change the most is how eachgen has resulted in fewer and fewer small companies surviving, and the shrinking number of risky original games. That is changing w the indy scene but i ws hoping both could co-exist this gen

Damn it wrong thread lol

Dice

Just spent 20 minutes running around trying to figure out and eventually quitting Bilge Block and now I feel like a fucking idiot.

Been playing with a friend trying to get to get Trinity Bonuses on Abyss in Raid Mode and uploading it to youtube. It's quite fun. Didn't think I would try to go for 100% on this game but here I am, lol.

Krelian

I'm also still playing it with a friend. We attempted Ghost Ship for the first time (we're level 47) but didn't get very far due to some unfortunate encounters with Scagdeads. Hate their cheap instant-kill attack.

Anyway, we're still having fun.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Holy shit, the first boss is pure bullshit. Having to abuse AI tendencies to lay damage on a bullet sponge in an infinite minion spawning fight can fuck off.

I somehow did it after being laid to waste like 5 times, but goddamn Capcom
I seriously hope I get higher damage upgrades for these DLC guns. :|

Top Bottom