• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons Unveiled Edition |OT| "Me and my sweet ass are on the way!"

RS4-

I'll probably pick this up later today. Never played the 3DS version (let alone a 3DS); and I never even bothered to finish 6.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Are there any differences story-wise between the enhanced port with the 3DS version? Cause I'm thinking on grabbing that one since it's cheaper.

I already played the game plenty on the 3DS, but I still don't understand how this game "bridges the gap between RE4 and 5", as Revelations introduces plot stuff that is never a factor in any other game.

I look forward to seeing the Miiverse screenshot thread when this game releases, however.

Davey Cakes

If the only Resident Evil I like is RE4, would I enjoy this one?
Hard to say. I'm almost leaning towards no. Have you played RE5?

In Revelations, only the controls (classic, anyway) and combat are like RE4. Everything else is quite different. The areas on the Ship are really scaled down for the most part, so if you think of the more confined areas in RE4, that's what a lot of the Ship is like. But then there are side chapters which are really their own thing and aren't very reminiscent of RE4 at all. Again, the gameplay is similar obviously, but the story, pacing, enemies, and encounters are done a bit differently.

The game is broken up into pieces and follows an episode structure. It doesn't have that "continuous" feeling like RE4 did, at least in some places where the focus shifts to a different character. Also, Revelations doesn't span some big continuous world like RE4 did, so the feeling of progression isn't quite the same. There's the Ship plus other separate locations.

There is some backtracking, possibly even more than RE4.

The upgrade system is different, there's no "store" where you buy guns and items, there isn't any sort of treasure system at all.

Revelations is in the spirit of "new RE" but it doesn't feel much like RE4 overall, unless you're going by the combat alone. Other gameplay differences come from the fact that Revelations also has swimming and turret sections (done better than RE5, thankfully) where none of that was in RE4.

So, yeah, it could possibly go either way but I'd approach with caution. Watch some media of it.

Any word on what the Season Pass will have?

It's been confirmed that Rachel's and Hunk's alt will be DLC. Rachel's is available when you pre-order.

I hope that this will have more extra modes, would be fun if it had Survivors or Slayers even Mercenaries.

If the only Resident Evil I like is RE4, would I enjoy this one?

I think you will like this one, it's most like RE4 in my opinion even though you are with a partner for the majority of the game but they never "steal" your items like they did in RE5. Revelations gets heavy on action but it does have a lot of quiet/suspenseful moments mixed in like RE4.

Nemesis_

This is moderately priced here in Australia, and I'm probably receiving both 360 and Wii U for review, but I don't know why I'm so excited for it.

I mean, I put anywhere between 20 and 30 hours into it on 3DS. You would think I'd be fatigued by now. :/

Are Raid stages able to be unlocked without playing story mode? Raid would be the main reason I'd buy this but I already beat the story on 3DS.

sleepykyo

aE3gZPN.jpg

Hot.

Hideous by asymmetry.

Played some 3DS campaign on hell mode to cool down my hype today. Didn't work :(

Not sure which version I'll get. 360 demo played best, but I don't enjoy playing 360 that much these days. Descisions...

Will buy when it hits a Steam/PS+ sale! Until then, I'll keep playing the 3DS version(thankfully the XL CPP was recently released in the US)

Teknoman

WiiU version here I come. Also please PLEASE put Capcom on blast via Miiverse for no laser sight option. Should be in every third person RE game.

antitrop

Damn... just finished that demo...

I would be hard pressed to seriously consider picking this up on even an extreme sale. Was there a way to get rid of Mouse Acceleration that I was just too stupid to notice? It was practically unplayable and I wasn't going to spend any more than 2 minutes setting up the PC configuration for a 15 minute demo.

Chairhome

I would be hard pressed to seriously consider picking this up on even an extreme sale. Was there a way to get rid of Mouse Acceleration that I was just too stupid to notice? It was practically unplayable and I wasn't going to spend any more than 2 minutes setting up the PC configuration for a 15 minute demo.

Capcom said they'll address the mouse problems (in a capcom unity post).

--------------

So I don't know if I want to do Wii U version, PC version, or 3DS. :-?

Grief.exe

That's what I kept hearing from people on Reddit. Encouraged me not to try the demo because I feel like it would sour my perspective on the game.

I have a feeling it will get fixed via an ini, patch, or community fix.

--------------

There we go.

--------------

Did they say something about patching the borked aiming on PS3 and WiiU (If the state of the demos is representing the full game)?

3DS.

antitrop

This is actually one of the only times in recent memory where I feel bad for being a PC gamer.

3DS is the way this game is supposed to be played. I'll get one eventually...

Neiteio

What the fuck is this?
That's the sweet ass that's on its way.

(Well technically Jessica delivers that line while in her snow gear.)

Jessica's attempts to hit on the ever-oblivious Chris are great. You'll see.

Also, aiming was perfect in the 3DS version. I wonder how they screwed it up.

Acid08

Banned
Is the 3DS version worth getting? I currently have no way to play this release of it. What would I be missing out on?

Grief.exe

This is actually one of the only times in recent memory where I feel bad for being a PC gamer.

3DS is the way this game is supposed to be played. I'll get one eventually...

I'm just waiting for NOA to release some XL colors that aren't garbage...

...or that make me feel uncomfortable.

Pikachu2.jpg

...or look like my girlfriend's purse

Animal-Crossing-3DS-XL-1-500x312.jpg

Ken

$50 for online Raid mode y/n?

I have the 3DS version but never got to play much Raid mode with others.

Neiteio

Is the 3DS version worth getting? I currently have no way to play this release of it. What would I be missing out on?
It was made for the 3DS, and plays, looks and sounds wonderful on it. The only thing you'll miss out on is a new difficulty level, two Raid characters (HUNK and Rachel), and three alternate costumes.

You'll still get 10 Raid characters spanning 18 outfits, all 21 levels of Raid, and I believe three difficulty levels for both Campaign and Raid ("Hell" and "Abyss," respectively). The campaign will be exactly the same, and it's well-worth playing.

If you have a 3DS, you absolutely MUST have this game. It's been going for like $10-$20 brand new these days.

PKrockin

That's the sweet ass that's on its way.

(Well technically Jessica delivers that line while in her snow gear.)

Jessica's attempts to hit on the ever-oblivious Chris are great. You'll see.

Also, aiming was perfect in the 3DS version. I wonder how they screwed it up.

I actually found all the character designs and dialogue to be awful, your avatar especially.

Top Bottom