• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons Unveiled Edition |OT| "Me and my sweet ass are on the way!"

Most generous RE character ever:

ARllOZb.png

Jawmuncher

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhtFT-fPifQ - If you pause at around 1:17 you can see the character. And this is literally all this is known about this character. People haven given her the nickname "Hunkette" but it's not known if it's a costume for someone or if it's a new character.

It's interesting that Capcom has given out this minor glimpse of the character 3 months ago but then kept silent about her.

It looks like Hunk without pants......

Did anyone see the backlash on chris' sailor outfit on joystiq?
It's pretty bad.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/18/resident-evil-revelations-adds-pirate-jill-sailor-chris-ninja/

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
really hoping for REmake's Jill/Julia Voth skin mods on PC.(Jill Valentine new weird face and stupid outfit need to go)

What do people mean by deadzone?

Did anyone see the backlash on chris' sailor outfit on joystiq?
It's pretty bad.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/18/resident-evil-revelations-adds-pirate-jill-sailor-chris-ninja/

I hate people. It's just alternate bonus costumes... no one is forcing you to use them. What costumes to people want? Also who the fuck cares if Chris is gay? His sexuality has nothing to do with anything in the games whatsoever. I'd rather have these silly costumes than just old school (like Chris having his RE1 costume) or polygon ones. RE6 was kinda safe with their alternate costumes, the more outrageous the funnier and they succeeded with this in REV. People will always complain over something.

So hot

G-Fex

I don't know the big deal about Jill's ass. It looked bigger in REmake and just about as revealing, similar in outfit to Regina's from Dino Crisis.

Dizzy

Banned
Tried the PC demo, didn't notice an option for 3D. Is it in? or does the PS3 version have it?

Please don't tell me they took 3D out of a game MADE for a 3D system.

wow the deadzone on the wii u version is horrible

Turn up the aiming sensitivity to 'very fast'. Even though that doesn't reduce the dead zones (really hoping for a patch in the final game), it somehow makes it a bit more responsive imo.

Capcpom.

EDIT: Dunno, if this has been posted, but the pre-order bonuses of the other versions will be available for download through the eShop for free until June 18th.

Tried the PC demo, didn't notice an option for 3D. Is it in? or does the PS3 version have it?

I'm sure that the PC version will work in 3D one way or another as most PC games work in 3D to a degree, but I haven't experimented with the demo at all yet to see how fucked up it is in 3D currently.

Jawmuncher

What do people mean by deadzone?

I hate people. It's just alternate bonus costumes... no one is forcing you to use them. What costumes to people want? Also who the fuck cares if Chris is gay? His sexuality has nothing to do with anything in the games whatsoever. I'd rather have these silly costumes than just old school (like Chris having his RE1 costume) or polygon ones. RE6 was kinda safe with their alternate costumes, the more outrageous the funnier and they succeeded with this in REV. People will always complain over something.

Dead Zone Answer:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100702104148AAF149P
(Way to lazy to write all that myself)

I have to agree though about your remarks and the costumes.
It dissapoints me that some people can act that way over optional costumes.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I tried to play the PC version to see if the aiming was better than the console version, yet it was way worse. How do they approve these games?

Hopefully there's a day 1 patch for the consoles.

PC Demo is terrible..

Keeps crashing on my machine..

Really looks like they phoned it in on this one.

Capcom had been doing such a good job with PC versions lately, too.

The classic jill face mod for pc is really well done from screens I have seen, why this was not the default face is stupid, capcom.

I want this game but not at the current price, the aiming in the demo on 360 was terrible.

Sigh...I really dislike analog aiming, especially in RE, so I ended up having to play the 3DS version with gyro aiming which is much better, but not always comfortable/practical. I stopped playing when I got to the 'Mayday' section.

When this version was announced, I hoped there would be either Wiimote aiming or decent mouse aiming...and it turns out there is neither!

you are blaming capcom for your pc crashing?

Considering it only crashes with this game, I do at the moment.

When someone opens a PC technical thread I'll go there for troubleshooting help, I don't want to crap up this thread with tech stuff.

I also blame them for not supporting my display resolution.

Considering it only crashes with this game, I do at the moment.

When someone opens a PC technical thread I'll go there for troubleshooting help, I don't want to crap up this thread with tech stuff.

I also blame them for not supporting my display resolution.

Such a shame about the absent Vita version...

SoulClap

I enjoyed the demo despite the atrocious aiming controls. I wonder if they kept the deadzone on purpose to make headshots harder.

Shooting was kind of whack on PC but I'll just play with an Xbox controller or something (I can do this right? I never checked) already bought on PC though so no regrets.

Neiteio

I want all you WiiU and Steam users to take gratuitous screenshots of Jessica's officer uniform from the Terragrigia flashbacks and post them here. I'm not sure I'm going to bite on this game right away, so I'm counting on ya!

Ridley327

Just took a peak at the strategy guide (oddly, we don't have any copies of the game itself yet) and noticed that they completely redid how character skills are doled out. Instead of sticking to the simple mastery skills, they threw in different ones for each of the skins, which now include firing rate, health regeneration, and easier dodges. So, in effect, every skin does play a bit differently now.

Sectus

Just took a peak at the strategy guide (oddly, we don't have any copies of the game itself yet) and noticed that they completely redid how character skills are doled out. Instead of sticking to the simple mastery skills, they threw in different ones for each of the skins, which now include firing rate, health regeneration, and easier dodges. So, in effect, every skin does play a bit differently now.

Does the guide mention how you unlock costume selectiong for campaign?

Have to say I loved Revelations on the 3DS(best RE in a long time), but just don't have $50 to drop on it on PC right now :(. Hopefully it's part of the summer sale or something.

Still the best 3DS game to date, followed of course by MH3U, and soon MH4/AA5.

In Capgod name we pray.

RE2, RE4, RER = Top Tier

10/10 GOTY 2012

Pre-order now.

I was not even aware this had a co-op mode. The fact that I wouldn't be able to play the campaign with my friend like we did RE5 and 6 made me sad, but the Raid mode sounds really cool. Can't wait to get this now.

Been living streaming my progress on the 360 version all week. Highly surprised by how much I'm enjoying itAbout to continue where I left off on episode 9. If you don't care about spoilers and want to check it out. Live stream is a go! Changed to my youtube.

Draft

?

It...is a Resident Evil game. What were you expecting?
The last couple RE games looked like garbage disguised as Resident Evil. Operation Raccoon City and RE6 both looked terrible. This feels like RE5, which wasn't great but was at least closer to what I consider RE than 6 or Raccoon City.

D23

didn't know the OT is up, i just posted on the demo thread,

anyway, how long is this game ?

i'm thinking of getting it, demo was fun, i havent played Resident Evil game since the fourth one

didn't know the OT is up, i just posted on the demo thread,

anyway, how long is this game ?

i'm thinking of getting it, demo was fun, i havent played Resident Evil game since the fourth one

Seems 6-10 hours depending on your speed but the in game time doesn't seem to count death times, and cutscenes. Rapture says I've played close to 6 or 7 on episode 9 of 12.

Neiteio

Seems 6-10 hours depending on your speed but the in game time doesn't seem to count death times, and cutscenes. Rapture says I've played close to 6 or 7 on episode 9 of 12.
Expect to tack on like another 30-40 hours fully completing Raid (all S ranks for all 20 levels, on Chasm, Trench and Abyss, plus Ghost Ship, plus all legendary weapons and characters, plus the never-ending quest for high-slot, high-level loot).

Expect to tack on like another 30-40 hours fully completing Raid (all S ranks for all 20 levels, on Chasm, Trench and Abyss, plus Ghost Ship, plus all legendary weapons and characters, plus the never-ending quest for high-slot, high-level loot).

So I stream the game all week. Just now I get told by twitch police I'm not allowed. :D Gotta love it.

The last couple RE games looked like garbage disguised as Resident Evil. Operation Raccoon City and RE6 both looked terrible. This feels like RE5, which wasn't great but was at least closer to what I consider RE than 6 or Raccoon City.

Well I'm not sure what to say, other than..how does it feel now that you've crawled out from under that rock?

Top Bottom