• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons Unveiled Edition |OT| "Me and my sweet ass are on the way!"

jediyoshi

At level 28 in raid, starting to burn out a little

Just played the demo of this game. Really liked it, way better than RE6. I would even say that the graphics look better than RE6's.

Maybe aesthetically, but things like the environmental fidelity and screen effects are obliterated by RE6's. That and prerendered cutscenes killed a lot of the potential it could have gave graphically.

The requirements to unlock certain costumes are stupid *looks at pirate Jill and HUNK*. Will anyone actually go back and play these levels on a regular or daly basis after pretty much just grinding the fuck out of the mode to get to level 50? I mean by the time you reach that level won't you have pretty much just completed everything? Raid Mode doesnt have that much replay value after a certain point.

Please list your arguments. I would like to know, because as much as I love Revelations, this statement is just crazy.

They just looked cleaner and sharper to me. RE6 (PS3 version) was obnoxiously dark, with shit textures and the zombies looked awful. Sure, Revelations has a lot less stuff happening on screen, but overall it just looks nicer (at least the demo does).

Also, the music was actually spooky.

I want a couple of answers on the storyline of Revelations, colour me an idiot if I missed them during playthrough.

1. Who the heck is Rachael really?
Why introduce a character, which we never get a flashback to why was there? I get she turned into a nasty boss-zombie but I just didn't really care much about her, because she dies a few seconds before I even met her!

2. Chris arrives...twice?
Why does Chris arrive at the ship once in a chopper and finds the room Jill and Parker are drowning in completely empty, then later on arrives in a speedboat chasing a huge monster with gatlings?

I want a couple of answers on the storyline of Revelations, colour me an idiot if I missed them during playthrough.

1. Who the heck is Rachael really?
Why introduce a character, which we never get a flashback to why was there? I get she turned into a nasty boss-zombie but I just didn't really care much about her, because she dies a few seconds before I even met her!

2. Chris arrives...twice?
Why does Chris arrive at the ship once in a chopper and finds the room Jill and Parker are drowning in completely empty, then later on arrives in a speedboat chasing a huge monster with gatlings?

Rachel is
Raymond's partner. There's nothing more to it than that since she's not an important character at all.

And are you serious about the Chris part? You didn't understand that he was
on the wrong ship the first time? When he's in the "room" where Parker/Jill are, the camera pans up to show the boats name, which is not the Queen Zenobia.

Anteo

Haha! I think my mind was elsewhere! I probably just read the ships name and didn't link it to not being the same ship!

Huh well if you only just finished that chapter with chris and the ship, then is okay to be confused. Don't worry, the game will remind you again and again that those were diferent ships

Is the Remake Jill mod available yet? I checked the forum someone linked a few pages back and couldn't find anything.
There's also a cool Claire mod in the works.

Is there a guide or FAQs for Raid Mode? Particularly for all the enemies location? I having a problem with one stage where I attempt for Trinity Bonus and I did not get Genocide bonus. I looked everywhere before I break the BSAA star.

Ridley327

Yeah, I think that's the only way to track it. There's very few stats ingame.

This is one of my biggest complaints about this port, since it removed the missions/rewards menu, which did track everything you did on the 3DS with regards to the progress that you were making. Why would you do that?

What stage?

I can't remember the stage number but it is the one where you have to defeat Rachael. I played on Chasm difficulty. I should also mention that I know upon defeating Rachel unlock the BSAA star. It doesn't just end there. I defeated her before she reach the cafeteria, the bathroom is where I defeated her. I know there are more enemies beyond the bathroom. I cleared the cafeteria. I looked a bit beyond the cafeteria but didn't find any more enemies.

Nori Chan

I can't remember the stage number but it is the one where you have to defeat Rachael. I played on Chasm difficulty. I should also mention that I know upon defeating Rachel unlock the BSAA star. It doesn't just end there. I defeated her before she reach the cafeteria, the bathroom is where I defeated her. I know there are more enemies beyond the bathroom. I cleared the cafeteria. I looked a bit beyond the cafeteria but didn't find any more enemies.

did you check the anchor room? or the one that opens with the key you get?

did you check the anchor room? or the one that opens with the key you get?

Yes. I did check the Anchor room. If I remember, there was only one Ooze Pincer. The key rooms, you can't progress without it. So obviously I did enter the room.

Never mind. I got it sorted. I missed some sections which had the missing enemies. It wasn't the Anchor room or the room with key lock.

rblaa

I am playing the Xbox version now. I had previously completed the 3DS version, stopped only when I could not get through one of the secret Raid levels (a whole level without any ammo pickups, figured out how to get to the end with just the knife to conserve ammo, found not one but *two* hyperactive chainsaw blobs, found out that a rocket launcher and a full rifle is still not enough...).

It's a great game, I was happy to replay on the Xbox for a good hi-def experience. The problem is that the graphics really are a little bit shitty, looks like game cube quality, what's good on a portable is not quite as good expanded on the large screen.

Really the 3DS really is the definitive way to play this game.

However, I am nevertheless having a lot of fun playing it again on the Xbox. The story is beyond retarded (it's so bad its not even stupid, it's just a kind of marvel to wonder at), but it gets the RE experience just right, in spite of some criticisms I am still quite happy to have repurchased this all over again.

Sectus

Abyss difficulty is making me dislike raid mode. Every enemy feels like a bullet sponge and you have to spend a ridiculous amount of ammo to stun them. It's making the combat feel more like a chore than anything else. I can't remember it being this ridiculous in the 3DS version.

Birathen

Beat the game on normal today! I really enjoyed the experience. It was a good mix of action and horror. The only gripe I have with this game is the constant character jumping and the swimming. The entire game could have just stayed on the boat. Hope the next one is like this but with a little more emphesis on horror survival to make the balance perfect.

Gyrian

Abyss difficulty is making me dislike raid mode. Every enemy feels like a bullet sponge and you have to spend a ridiculous amount of ammo to stun them. It's making the combat feel more like a chore than anything else. I can't remember it being this ridiculous in the 3DS version.

I'm starting to feel the same way.
After Abyss 1, it's even hard to imagine how they might escalate this in the next few stages.
It's a very enjoyable mode all in all, but the balance feels off. I still much prefer Mercs with its emphasis on skill, regardless how who and what equipment you go in with.

Just finished this. Thought it was really enjoyable, kept my attention throughout, which is rare for me these days. Usually I drift away from a game for a while.

I did the Wii U version, great port I thought. You could see a few rough edges from its 3DS origins, but on the whole it was actually a really nice looking game. It did seem to end about a scene too early though. When the credits rolled I was sure there was going to be another surprise gameplay section.
I can't believe Lansdale never turned into a zombie.

And did I actually see the legendary TOSE in the credits?

Just finished the campaign: 8:02:36.

Now, Raid Mode. Any tips? How is the PS3 population?

It seemed dead when I just had the first few chasm stages open.
but there are definitely alot of people on Trench and Abyss.

You really need to be 4 levels above the suggested level or have a partner that is.
Feel like they changed so much from the 3DS but didn't rebalance alot of stuff for it.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
It seemed dead when I just had the first few chasm stages open.
but there are definitely alot of people on Trench and Abyss.

You really need to be 4 levels above the suggested level or have a partner that is.
Feel like they changed so much from the 3DS but didn't rebalance alot of stuff for it.

PS3 population seemed pretty strong around 8pm eastern time, I can always find a game no problem.

On the subject of changes between the 3DS and HD version, whenever I switch back and forth between them I always feel like on the HD version they made move speed with every weapon the same but with the 3DS you definitely move slower with the rifle than with the pistol. It is movement in general, I don't want to say it feels more fluid on the HD version because that does the 3DS version a GREAT disservice but there are definite differences in movement I think. The 3DS version has more weight while the HD version is more light on its feet I guess?

Also you seemed to level up a shit ton more frequently on the 3DS version of raid. I remember hitting level 10 before even being 1/3rd of the way done with the first set of missions. Which is extra peculiar because on the PS3 version I was never the level required for any stages.

L.O.R.D

any one know how much monster available in each level ? i want to grind in the level with most monster ( any level except ghost ship )
ghost ship have almost 410 monster or more

I have been grinding Stage 1 on Abyss difficulty. I am currently level 43. I noticed it starts to take longer to level up from where I am. Is there any other way to level up faster? Currently it take me about three minutes to complete Stage 1 on Abyss difficulty, earning about 2500 - 3000 EXP.

I was thinking of attempting The Ghost Ship. If you S rank it, it awards you about over 40,000 EXP. So if I host it and hopefully a level 50 join in and help me, imagine how much EXP point I will gain at level 43. I can probably jump to level 50 in one run.

Beside The Ghost Ship, are there any other method that awards higher EXP or a faster method, etc?

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I have been grinding Stage 1 on Abyss difficulty. I am currently level 43. I noticed it starts to take longer to level up from where I am. Is there any other way to level up faster? Currently it take me about three minutes to complete Stage 1 on Abyss difficulty, earning about 2500 - 3000 EXP.

I was thinking of attempting The Ghost Ship. If you S rank it, it awards you about over 40,000 EXP. So if I host it and hopefully a level 50 join in and help me, imagine how much EXP point I will gain at level 43. I can probably jump to level 50 in one run.

Beside The Ghost Ship, are there any other method that awards higher EXP or a faster method, etc?

Lower your level to below the recommended level for that map! Your gear should carry you through just fine. It should net more XP that way, and more BP if that even matters to you anymore lol.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I'm on Trench difficulty and I can't save up BP for the life of me. Every time I have to replenish my gear, it ends up being a shitload of money. Like half of what I have. I don't remember having BP issues on the 3DS version on Trench. Level 21 at the moment. Don't even wanna imagine Abyss...

Daigoro

yeah Raid gets to be a grind.

I'm level 40 and starting to feel a bit stuck. money always seems to be a problem unless you go back and grind.

Abyss is pretty hard and expensive. going back to grind bonuses with a good partner is fun though. things definitely slow down after Trench though.

just going to have to grind it out, get more money and scavenge/buy some decent weapons and attachments.

Lower your level to below the recommended level for that map! Your gear should carry you through just fine. It should net more XP that way, and more BP if that even matters to you anymore lol.

I have. I reduce it to level 29. My weapons carry me fine. I don't care about BP as I have over 3 million BP and counting each time I grind.

There has got to be a faster way. I am thinking playing The Ghost Ship. It gives the most EXP than any other stage.

Anyway, I now have a problem is that I can't play Raid Mode online because of Lady Hunk DLC catalog conflict. My game detect a new catalog and prompt me to the built in store. I see a paid version of the DLC. I am not paying for it. I was expecting to see the catalog data like for weapon pack and Rachael Ooze. I decided to look into PSN store and found the free catalog data for Lady Hunk DLC. Downloaded it and installed it. Booted up the game. It still detect a new catalog. Restarted my console. Problem persist. Looks like I have to buy it to resolve it. I am not interested in buying it.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I have. I reduce it to level 29. My weapons carry me fine. I don't care about BP as I have over 3 million BP and counting each time I grind.

There has got to be a faster way. I am thinking playing The Ghost Ship. It gives the most EXP than any other stage.

Anyway, I now have a problem is that I can't play Raid Mode online because of Lady Hunk DLC catalog conflict. My game detect a new catalog and prompt me to the built in store. I see a paid version of the DLC. I am not paying for it. I was expecting to see the catalog data like for weapon pack and Rachael Ooze. I decided to look into PSN store and found the free catalog data for Lady Hunk DLC. Downloaded it and installed it. Booted up the game. It still detect a new catalog. Restarted my console. Problem persist. Looks like I have to buy it to resolve it. I am not interested in buying it.

Did you check today? I ran into that problem for the first batch of DLC but never after that. The catalog data should just appear right there if you launch it from the checking for DLC content window. It was the first option for me.

Did you check today? I ran into that problem for the first batch of DLC but never after that. The catalog data should just appear right there if you launch it from the checking for DLC content window. It was the first option for me.

Yeah I checked today. It wasn't there from the built in store. Only the paid version. Maybe Capcom wants us to buy it than download the free catalog data. Just curious are you from PAL or NTSC region?

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Yeah I checked today. It wasn't there from the built in store. Only the paid version. Maybe Capcom wants us to buy it than download the free catalog data. Just curious are you from PAL or NTSC region?

NTSC, I thought it was funny because there wasn't even an option to buy it unlike last time. There was only catalog data options.

Daigoro

god damn it, allllmost finished ghost ship with a lv 50 player from japan. they had their level set to 49, got to the deck with ease and cleared all the waves until Norman.

didnt realize there were so many waves there. insane. i ran out of everything by that point and we started to melee him to death,which seems pretty doable, except for the fact that he has a lot of health. he's pretty easy to dodge, but he is quick.

finally used up the last of my herbs and the other guy couldnt save me for whatever reason. probably had him down to almost 1/2 health.

so close!

NTSC, I thought it was funny because there wasn't even an option to buy it unlike last time. There was only catalog data options.

It miraculous worked after few hours.

Gotta love this intentionally taken out content just to sell it later. No thanks and fuck you, Capcom.

Are there on-disc DLC? Like Resident Evil 6. The retro costumes. Apparently.

On the other hand, is there a detailed wiki for Raid Mode that describe all weapon, mod etc? I know at least two Japanese wiki websites but translation to English is not always accurate so it is hard to get the benefits if I knew Japanese language.

Nori Chan

So I was playing a random game in abyss and got paired with a level 50 and then realize he had an unlimited rpg. So I was like screw it ill change the stage to ghost ship so she can help me. But she didnt bring her Unlimited Rpg at all. So we had to play normally. I was level 36 at the time lol. We ended up having no ammo where the final
Norman
boss trial go and we lost there. I sent her a message saying thanks for the attempt and she said to give her a few minutes. So she ends up buying like 10 firepower boosts. She also brought her rpg this time.

So we end up going through a majority of the ghost ship and we skiped the promenade battle as we had a spare key. We ended up on the deck and beat
Norman
. Well she did lol but then came dark
Norman
:O. And she started to shoot him with the rpg...but it only did 274 damage and he was level 60 and crown. I still haven't gotten his attack dodgable yet so I had trouble and got hurt a lot. It came up to the point where I ran out of ammo and ended up doing nothing. Then I had no health so I tried avoiding him but man did he have a hard on for me. I was Jessica though lol. Eventually I was just circling the conex on the deck and I hit the sweet spot where he was following me on the other side of the conex and my partner shot the rpg at the weak spot doing 1024 damage instead of 274. We literally were at that spot for 10 minutes waiting for him to die. We were exchanging messages too while we were doing it cause it took so long. But we ended up doing it and beating dark
Norman
:D who cares if it was hacked lol

Anyone attempting ghost ship remember BE LEVEL 49.

So I was playing a random game in abyss and got paired with a level 50 and then realize he had an unlimited rpg. So I was like screw it ill change the stage to ghost ship so she can help me. But she didnt bring her Unlimited Rpg at all. So we had to play normally. I was level 36 at the time lol. We ended up having no ammo where the final
Norman
boss trial go and we lost there. I sent her a message saying thanks for the attempt and she said to give her a few minutes. So she ends up buying like 10 firepower boosts. She also brought her rpg this time.

So we end up going through a majority of the ghost ship and we skiped the promenade battle as we had a spare key. We ended up on the deck and beat
Norman
. Well she did lol but then came dark
Norman
:O. And she started to shoot him with the rpg...but it only did 274 damage and he was level 60 and crown. I still haven't gotten his attack dodgable yet so I had trouble and got hurt a lot. It came up to the point where I ran out of ammo and ended up doing nothing. Then I had no health so I tried avoiding him but man did he have a hard on for me. I was Jessica though lol. Eventually I was just circling the conex on the deck and I hit the sweet spot where he was following me on the other side of the conex and my partner shot the rpg at the weak spot doing 1024 damage instead of 274. We literally were at that spot for 10 minutes waiting for him to die. We were exchanging messages too while we were doing it cause it took so long. But we ended up doing it and beating dark
Norman
:D who cares if it was hacked lol

Anyone attempting ghost ship remember BE LEVEL 49.

Was her PSN Lilrican? Just you wait until you attempt the Ghost Ship at level 50. There is a secret boss after you defeat Norman. Nice random you ran into. If you went through the other way from the Bilge, swimming to the lab. It's insane. It's good you skipped Promenade. There's just too many enemies.

Nori Chan

Was her PSN Lilrican? Just you wait until you attempt the Ghost Ship at level 50. There is a secret boss after you defeat Norman. Nice random you ran into. If you went through the other way from the Bilge, swimming to the lab. It's insane. It's good you skipped Promenade. There's just too many enemies.
No this was Xbl. And yeah we did beat the boss after Norman cause she was level 50.

I just unlocked Jessica (Winter) on Raid Mode and her line "I could get used to that" is probably one of my favorite lines in the newer RE games. Along with Ada's "Could be better", lol.

But Raid Mode is oddly addicting. Bought Oozechel and Hunkette, and while Hunkette is pretty much just Rachel... with a new costume, she handles the magnums really great and fast. So I guess she had some purpose. But Oozechel is so damn creepy. I was playing as her and my friend and I got separated so I told him to come find me because there were ammo boxes and shit in some room I found and just when he entered the room I ran towards him and did the melee move and used one of her commands and he got shit scared and ran out. I laughed for the rest of the stage, so funny.

I wish I could unlock Pirate Jill now though... I'm only at level 19. Been thinking of asking someone with infinite rocket launcher to carry me through the level just for the costume but eh...

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
hallelujah (finally) PC dudes time for jill party

STARS outfit REmake Jill
qLpM9MV.jpg

download
http://www.mediafire.com/?smjddhc6wfrprtg

RE3 outfit REmake Jill
I7jKEVX.jpg

download
http://www.mediafire.com/?4zhqmxaaql3aq5e

*mod and credits goes to EvilLord*

Nori Chan

I wish I could unlock Pirate Jill now though... I'm only at level 19. Been thinking of asking someone with infinite rocket launcher to carry me through the level just for the costume but eh...

If you ever do this, set your friends level to 49 unless you want to deal with the last dark boss and when you shoot an rpg at him only does 274 damage lol trust me I know

I can finally start my infernal run now that I have Pirate Jill :D

L.O.R.D

help PC users
i made a mistake,i change the sitting to windowed , but now every time i want to full screen the game crash
and fullscreen command don't work

Top Bottom