• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons Unveiled Edition |OT| "Me and my sweet ass are on the way!"

[18:00 (JST)]

To celebrate the Rare Weapons blowout event, all players have been awarded a Rare Weapon Case.

You can send the case over to the game the same way as other items, so head over to the Game Items page and have a look!

(All players who had linked their accounts and uploaded data by the start of the event have been awarded a case.)

So what did you get and what is your level in Raid Mode? I'm curious to know if the weapon is related to your level.

If you ever do this, set your friends level to 49 unless you want to deal with the last dark boss and when you shoot an rpg at him only does 274 damage lol trust me I know

I can finally start my infernal run now that I have Pirate Jill :D

Wait, just found out that infinite rocket is not a real thing and that it's a hack? Not cool. Whatever didn't do it yet.

I already finished all the campaign trophies and just left raid mode to grind on. Did you finish Raid Mode first?

So what did you get and what is your level in Raid Mode? I'm curious to know if the weapon is related to your level.

Got a MP5 at level 19... and I was level 19.

L.O.R.D

hallelujah (finally) PC dudes time for jill party

STARS outfit REmake Jill
qLpM9MV.jpg

download
http://www.mediafire.com/?smjddhc6wfrprtg

RE3 outfit REmake Jill
I7jKEVX.jpg

download
http://www.mediafire.com/?4zhqmxaaql3aq5e

*mod and credits goes to EvilLord*
thanks
for anyone,,this will replace the dive suit for jill (pl1010 file)
if you chose pirate jill it will not change

Was playing Raid Mode with randoms while waiting for a friend to come online and saw that someone at level 48 was hosting a "Welcome All" Ghost Ship session so I figured why not... turns out he was an infinite RL user with HUNK... but whatever got Pirate Jill <3 Can't wait to get to level 50 and get thru the level properly.

L.O.R.D

any one got the original file for unmoded jill ?
i put the mode,and it cause errors and can't change the charchter again, and i didn't do a back up

Having finished the game on 3DS and now about to finish the HD Version, I have to say that I appreciate the game more than I did on the 3DS.

The thing is though that the second half kinda falls apart compared to the first half, the re-use of areas is staggering, the story is bullshit and the turret sections are the worst things ever. Plus I forgot what a pain in the ass the final boss is, holy shit.

I had more fun with Resi 6 tbh. There are glimpses of greatness in Revelations, but they are hindered by bad design decisions to a much bigger degree than in Resi 6. Playing Revelations made me realize how great the controls in R6 truly are and that the mechanics in Revelations are very basic, especially meelee.

I would give it a 6-7 out of 10. Okay for a spin-off and I had a good time with the game, but I fail to see how this game can be considered great aside from the neat hommages to the classic titles.

ArjanN

Anyone have any tips/info/help for
the final boss!?!?

I'm ready to throw my controller through my tv.

Deep One Bryan Cranston?

Master the dodge and shoot him in the back on his weak spot.

An easier way is that any time he uses his special abilities to create illusions , a red hole/organ thing in his chest opens up on the real version. Shoot him there to stagger him.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Deep One Bryan Cranston?

An easier way is that any time he uses his special abilities to create illusions , a red hole/organ thing in his chest opens up on the real version. Shoot him there to stagger him.
To add to your post:

the real one will have purple smoke coming out of him too.

Z3M0G

Just finished this on 3DS last night (no second stick attachment). Most satisfying "Resident Evil" experience since RE4, no doubt.

Fuck those monsters in the water though... FUCK THEM!

Deep One Bryan Cranston?

Wow! Sounds like they added more details and effects over the 3DS version...

Do character models have moving mouths when they talk this time too???

Maybe I'll double-dip on this some day afterall.

Rachel is
Raymond's partner. There's nothing more to it than that since she's not an important character at all.

Given her presence in multiplayer, I was surprised.

I thought the Jill ass jokes were a bit weird until I played the game.... Not sure it was intentionally a call back to RE1's voice acting; either way, I like this tone(and game)a lot better than both Re 5 and 6.

L.O.R.D

I just bought this. I hate myself. But I will buy anything with Jill's name on it!

congrats
OSfBsxs.jpg

i have it when i preordered the game
i never even use it
i am using the PC version..is it possible if i can send items from my profile on RE.net to any one even on different platform ?

After a month I finally finished this turd. The game started out decently but around chapter 5 it went to fucking shit and holy fuck is the last boss tedious and boring.

I could have sworn I read that this was suppose to be some kind of return to form...

Replicant

After a month I finally finished this turd. The game started out decently but around chapter 5 it went to fucking shit and holy fuck is the last boss tedious and boring.

I could have sworn I read that this was suppose to be some kind of return to form...

I'd rather play RE6 again than dealing with the cumbersome game mechanics in this one. Fuck scanning to get items. Did the item exist in parallel dimension before the scan or something?

Taruranto

Just saw the Remake Jill mod.

A shame i stopped playing, it would have been my main online. Oh well.

I think the game problems are amplified by 10x by the fact that we are playing it on PC/PS3/Whatever. It's very obvious the game was originally designed for a portable console, there are a lot of things that wouldn't fly if it was a console game (Doors don't stay open when my partner opens them online? I mean, really? Feels like every room is an instance)

Nori Chan

So I finally got Hunk with S ranking all of Abyss....With a little help from a guy who had an unlimited rocket launcher and magnum lol

I'm currently level 43 and I'm trying to hit 50 and defeat 10,000 enemies....I have like 4 k already....

Yuripaw

Banned
Which platform would you guys recommend getting this game on?

I can't seem to decide, because while the PC version is an option, I don't know if the performance on my PC would be that great. I also have a PS3 and Wii U, and I feel like I'd want the Wii U version for Gamepad support. However, I own like every Resident Evil game available on PS3 already, and I feel compelled to get it on that platform for that reason.

Bittercup

Which platform would you guys recommend getting this game on?

I can't seem to decide, because while the PC version is an option, I don't know if the performance on my PC would be that great. I also have a PS3 and Wii U, and I feel like I'd want the Wii U version for Gamepad support. However, I own like every Resident Evil game available on PS3 already, and I feel compelled to get it on that platform for that reason.
Between PS3 and Wii U the PS3 version has the advantage. Better performance and more responsive controls. Face-off comparison: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-resident-evil-revelations-face-off
The game doesn't demand a very fast PC so if your PC isn't completely outdated chances are that the game runs fine.
And there is a Demo for all platforms as well if you want to try for yourself.

Yuripaw

Banned
Between PS3 and Wii U the PS3 version has the advantage. Better performance and more responsive controls. Face-off comparison: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-resident-evil-revelations-face-off
The game doesn't demand a very fast PC so if your PC isn't completely outdated chances are that the game runs fine.
And there is a Demo for all platforms as well if you want to try for yourself.

Just got finished playing all 3 of the demos. Looks like you're pretty much spot on for the most part. The Wii U version has some weird input lag with the controls, and just doesnt look like as solid of a framerate. The PS3 version looks and feels fine, but the PC version is superior for sure, great smooth framerate, and the higher resolution looked nicer.

Really tempting to get the PC version, but it sucks because I'm one of those people who will often buy PC games but never play them >_< I always end up get stuck browsing gaf or something, that I never like tying up my PC with a game.

Acid08

Banned
Just started the 3DS version.

How many extras did the console version have? The costume list for the portable game looks sparse. Plus only two female characters in Raid? C'mon son.

Sectus or does anybody else know how to glitch Ghost Norman so that you can get the loots early and exit the game early without defeating Ghost Norman? I have played with people who have done it. All they just did is stand in one corner and then suddenly the loots and BSAA emblem magically appear.

Sectus

Raid mode abyss is just stupid in this version.

On the 3DS, I reached lvl49 and beaten every stage after playing for 24 hours.

In this version, I've already played raid mode for 40 hours and I'm only lvl44 and I'm far away from being able to beat ghost ship. Only reason I've beaten abyss is because I played coop with a friend who's 4 levels higher than me. The insane amount of grinding and the bullet spongy enemies is making it very tempting to just give up before I fully beat the mode.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
It really is. I don't remember it taking forever to level up on 3DS. And on 3DS you at least had missions to do, which would reward you with BP. I don't know why they removed them for the HD release...

Daigoro

if you're at 40 hours and you're getting tired of playing, you might want to just quit now.I'm over 80 hours and just hit 10k kills today.

you can beat ghost ship at level 45 or so. then leveling becomes easy. going back to grind trinity bonuses on chasm and trench is a good way to level up without burning out on abyss and spices things up a bit.

I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum now. almost done with all of the challenges and getting closer to level 50. I don't want it to end. don't know what I'm going to do with myself when I don't have anything left to work towards.

quit I guess.

if you're at 40 hours and you're getting tired of playing, you might want to just quit now.I'm over 80 hours and just hit 10k kills today.

you can beat ghost ship at level 45 or so. then leveling becomes easy. going back to grind trinity bonuses on chasm and trench is a good way to level up without burning out on abyss and spices things up a bit.

I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum now. almost done with all of the challenges and getting closer to level 50. I don't want it to end. don't know what I'm going to do with myself when I don't have anything left to work towards.

quit I guess.

Have you obtain Trinity Bonus on all stages on all difficulties? Including Ghost Ship.
Have you obtain all the unique weapon? Not the trophy/achievement weapons.
Have you obtain all the weapon and parts?

There's a lot to do.

Nori Chan

Unique weapon level 1 through 50?

no no no

Also I'm level 46 and man will it take forever to get to 50. Also to 1000 enemies cause apparently I only have 2000 enemies kill total...

Unique weapon level 1 through 50?

no no no

Also I'm level 46 and man will it take forever to get to 50. Also to 1000 enemies cause apparently I only have 2000 enemies kill total...

No. Nothing to do with the level. The unique weapon are enclosed in quotation mark.

Here's a list of unique weapons.
Handguns

M92F "Revelator"
PC356 "Chimaera"
Government "Dictator"
G18 "Slaughter"

Magnums

Pale Rider "Grim Reaper"
L.Hawk "Thunder Raptor"
Python "Serpent"

Shotguns

Windham "Sledgehammer"
M3 "Raider"
Hydra "Cerberus"
Drake "Lindwurm"

Machine Gun

Aug5 "Stinger"
G36 "Aggressor"
P-90 "Lead storm"
MP5 "Marauder"
High roller "High roller II"

Rifles

PSG1 "Prowler
Muramasa "Zeroth"
M40A1 "Zaytsev"

Daigoro

Have you obtain Trinity Bonus on all stages on all difficulties? Including Ghost Ship.
Have you obtain all the unique weapon? Not the trophy/achievement weapons.
Have you obtain all the weapon and parts?

There's a lot to do.

not really. most of that crap is just busy work.

why bother with all unique weapons when most of them are crap? just to say i found them? I've sold at least 10 of them so far because of their uselessness.

why bother with all parts when I don't need them? if I can s rank all stages without them, then they aren't really necessary. they would be nice, but you can't find the good shit unless you grind gs and abyss trinity. by that time you are level 50 and have beaten everything multiple times.

all trinity bonuses, lol yeah. come on. I might bother going for 200 and the red title if I don't burn out first, but all of them? very few people have that purple title legit. most of them have cheated. trinity ghost ship. Yeah ok.

not really. most of that crap is just busy work.

why bother with all unique weapons when most of them are crap? just to say i found them? I've sold at least 10 of them so far because of their uselessness.

why bother with all parts when I don't need them? if I can s rank all stages without them, then they aren't really necessary. they would be nice, but you can't find the good shit unless you grind gs and abyss trinity. by that time you are level 50 and have beaten everything multiple times.

all trinity bonuses, lol yeah. come on. I might bother going for 200 and the red title if I don't burn out first, but all of them? very few people have that purple title legit. most of them have cheated. trinity ghost ship. Yeah ok.

I was just throwing suggestions what to do. I thought one could try to 100% complete the game.

quit I guess

Just thought I would tell you that I 100% Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker. I have obtained all the 84 insignias. Got all the camos and t-shirts. Got all the AI boards. Etc. I got a real true platinum of that game.

Most people just play for trophies and once they platinum it they just think they have done everything they have done when in reality they have only platinum the game. Not 100% unless the platinum correspond to it.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Raid Mode Abyss level 2 (the beach level) is fucking ridiculous. I just played it with a friend and the amount of enemies thrown at you is insane. It wasn't this abusive in the 3DS version at all. I used up all of my ammo for it including all the grenades. Couldn't even afford to replenish my consumables. Ugh.

Sadist

Yup.

Can't understand why they broke Raid mode though. I've put in some ~30 hours on the 3DS version and it was long enough, plus it was perfectly balanced.

Raid Mode Abyss level 2 (the beach level) is fucking ridiculous. I just played it with a friend and the amount of enemies thrown at you is insane. It wasn't this abusive in the 3DS version at all. I used up all of my ammo for it including all the grenades. Couldn't even afford to replenish my consumables. Ugh.

It would be more manageable if you were a higher level than the recommended level. Sounds like you were of the recommended level or lower. Also upgrade your weapons or get better weapons. They make a difference.

It is interesting that this stage does not have Globsters unlike on Trench and Chasm difficulty. It is filled with Scagdeads, Hunters and Scarmigliones.

Sectus

Just beat ghost ship. My friend was level 49 and I was 45. I also got S on stage 20.

I feel very much done with raid mode now. It's a bit silly that the time I finally unlock Pirate Jill and Hunk is when I decide to stop playing. I don't know why they made several characters unlock when you've done basically everything there is to do.

Just unlocked Hunk. I'm at level 49 with only 3 trophies left. Kinda boring when you have played through all the difficulties to be honest... now there's just alot of grinding to level 50, 10.000 enemy kills and 150 bonuses.

Nori Chan

Just unlocked Hunk. I'm at level 49 with only 3 trophies left. Kinda boring when you have played through all the difficulties to be honest... now there's just alot of grinding to level 50, 10.000 enemy kills and 150 bonuses.
Same here but I already got the 150 bonuses and just need to beat the game on infernal.

I probably need like 5 more ghost ship runs to hit 50 :/

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Just got this on Steam and beat chapter 1. Seems like a great port. Playing KB/M is even better than RE4 on Wii. Any tweaks I should be aware of? I'm playing on an ATI card. The FOV seems a bit close, a bit sickening like Dead Space, but I don't know if you can pull it back without setting your character too far off to the side.

So far, playing on normal, due to the Genesis I am staying maxed out on bullets and leaving plenty more sitting around. I'm guessing I won't be left in want for more, but maybe unlike RE4 I won't have massive stockpiles of weapons, ammo, and healing items that I only use a fraction of by the end of the game, right?

So far things are pretty cool. I was a bit disappointed that it doesn't seem to matter where you shoot these monsters, but maybe that is because it was originally designed for 3DS. Do headshots and such come into play later? Also, it seems my only melee attack is the knife. Does it get more/dynamic moves like main RE titles?

If not, I guess we'll see how long I like to play Raid mode after I beat the story. RE6 might be better for the alternate mode since it is made for a mix of action types. Thew art is pretty cool, though some areas seems a bit... bright? In muted tones and soft shading, looking more like anime styling than something dark and gritty. The way Jill pulls her knife out so quickly is pretty cool, and
dat ass is nicer than expected.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
There really isn't a melee system that's equivalent to RE5/RE6. You just have one melee move and the way you do it is by stunning them. Regular Ooze get stunned by shooting their arms. Once you place a decent amount of shots to one arm, you'll notice that their arms will start to flail out of control. Shoot both and they'll lump over and that's your cue to melee them. You can charge your melee attacks for greater damage.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So if your subweapon is a grenade, pushing the button doesn't switch to it, you just chuck it. Whoops! lol.

It's weird how it seemed to completely give itself up to being an action game. I'm switching between these episodes like... oh, so I guess I won't have to worry about backtracking and long-term item hoarding. It was essentially communicating that just by having an ammo limit but this seems more extensive, unless a large complex opens up when it gets into the story more.

Not that I'm complaining, and maybe all this sounds like a late realization, as I never played RE5 beyond the demo so maybe it's the same way. I kind of like RE as a shooter, since a lot of the survival stuff was more tedium than tension. The alt modes will be the heft of the experience like I was planning anyway, it's just interesting to see the change in the series in the story part.

Edit: LOOOOOL I just used a Capcom Unity account I registered at like the beginning of the internet. Screen name? Capcoman. Hahaaaa... I'm impressed that they kept those accounts since forever ago. ResidentEvil.net is a really awesome idea but it is so slow. Nevertheless, this will be super cool for Raid mode.

Top Bottom