• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

LiN Chris is great too.

Yep!

4gpgmcf.jpg

God damn, it's such an Amazing DLC.

strafer

I think it's hot. *shrugs*

But more to the point, it's unique. But so were the previous Jills.

That's what curious about the situation. Each Jill looks unique, so... why do they keep changing?

If Jill is in RE7 I'll bet you she will look different again.

:p

Senoculum

I think it's hot. *shrugs*

But more to the point, it's unique. But so were the previous Jills.

That's what curious about the situation. Each Jill looks unique, so... why do they keep changing?

The Jill they've used in RE5 and REmake is a model. They pay her royalties every time a new game uses her likeness. For the smaller titles in the RE Universe, they can't afford that. I'm sure if Jill is ever brought back in a main RE title, they'll chalk up the cost.

H9FRtDP.jpg

Neiteio

The Jill they've used in RE5 and REmake is a model. They pay her royalties every time a new game uses her likeness. For the smaller titles in the RE Universe, they can't afford that. I'm sure if Jill is ever brought back in a main RE title, they'll chalk up the cost.

H9FRtDP.jpg
I believe you, but I honestly don't see the similarities between the in-game model and the real-life model. The eyebrows, I guess?

I don't like sounding superficial, but I never saw REmake Jill as anything extraordinary.

I do appreciate they went for less traditional beauty there, though.

EDIT: Also, I thought Jill changed from REmake to RE5. Nose seemed different.

why are people having such a hard time with these enemies? they really, really aren't that difficult to defeat...

Natalia, smoke grenades, the increasing screen effects...

SeanTSC

So about the 1.01 Patch for PS4 that went up last night:

It feels like a Day 1 optimization/stability patch that should have (and probably could have) gone up when the First Episode launched, but they held back on it until release day of the full version just because it contained RE.net functionality. Really stupid, imo. I hope people update their FPS analysis stuff.

joe2187

Banned
The invisible one-hit-kill-enemies are probably the biggest design flaw in gaming history. what a joke.

I've never had an issue with them at all.

Are you talking about Raid mode? I can see how it can be frustrating but it's in no way the biggest mistake.

The distortion effect is entirely to hard to miss and it practically focuses your vision on to where the glasp is, let it get a bit close throw a random bottle and just take a few shots and you should have any issues. Even knifing it since they're very weak is a simpler solution.

I've never had an issue with them at all.

Are you talking about Raid mode? I can see how it can be frustrating but it's in no way the biggest mistake.

The distortion effect is entirely to hard to miss and it practically focuses your vision on to where the glasp is, let it get a bit close throw a random bottle and just take a few shots and you should have any issues. Even knifing it since they're very weak is a simpler solution.

Story mode. I used some smoke barrels (?) but that didn't work. Natalia screams "more left, no right, no more left, it's coming closer, no right, left!"
My god....I wasted all my ammo and had to reload the checkpoint multiple times.

I believe you, but I honestly don't see the similarities between the in-game model and the real-life model. The eyebrows, I guess?

I don't like sounding superficial, but I never saw REmake Jill as anything extraordinary.

I do appreciate they went for less traditional beauty there, though.

EDIT: Also, I thought Jill changed from REmake to RE5. Nose seemed different.
You really can't see the likeness? Try looking at a few more pictures.

joe2187

Banned
Story mode. I used some smoke barrels (?) but that didn't work. Natalia screams "more left, no right, no more left, it's coming closer, no right, left!"

Well...did you try switching to Natalia who can actually see the outline of the enemy?

Manu

Switch to Natalia so you can follow their movement until they're reasonably close, then back to Barry to shoot them.

They go down in two, maybe three shots.

My only death to them was in raid and that was because one spawned behind me.

Yep, one got me with Leon and it was the first time I ever encountered the enemy. Was wondering why my screen was warping in certain spots. lol

Also, just discovered there's a limit of 30 blue crystals in Raid. Kinda lame, but I've never felt the need to use even one myself. Might actually use a couple now to save time and refill ammo if it doesn't cost me a medal as it'll just refill when I do daily missions anyway.

Neiteio

Glasps (the invisible enemies) are very well-designed.

As Natalia, note where they're located. Look at the background for reference. For example, maybe it's near the doorframe. Then switch to Barry and shoot at that reference point.

Alternatively, shoot a fire extinguisher or throw a smoke bottle. This will reveal the creature's location to Barry.

To be safe, you can just throw an exploding bottle or fire bomb in the general direction of the Glasp. The splash damage will instantly kill it.

Of course, your screen becomes distorted and the sound increase in pitch as the Glasp draws near. When it's right upon you, the screen will be turning red. At that point, just swipe your knife. You even get an achievement for this.

It's amazing killing Glasps with the katana in Raid. I just keep slicing and dicing forward, the screen growing more distorted until it gets cut down from the air, haha.

LeonSPBR

One thing I didn't like in Raid was that Capcom capped the amount of free revives. You max out at 30 revives. That's stupid, they could let us have unlimited amount of free revives since we can get 3 per day.

Neiteio

Discussing the looks of RE characters makes us all sound like shallow assholes, lol

EDIT: I throw my vote in with RE5 Chris. More unique.

Manu

Discussing the looks of RE characters makes us all sound like shallow assholes, lol

EDIT: I throw my vote in with RE5. More unique.

To be fair, that's always been one of the series' draws. Especially in Japan, where they make deals with fashion designers and such.

Speaking of which, I hope we get the TerraSave clothes. They're so good.

joe2187

Banned

EDIT: I throw my vote in with RE5 Chris. More unique.

NO SAILOR CHRIS IS GOAT

505.png

Besides one of capcoms ideals for the RE series has been fashion apparently for the modern series.

Outbreak HD pack when capcom, you know we want it.

My man!

Seriously, I would buy 4 copies, one for me and 3 of my friends for the online co-op. Outbreak is my favorite RE, so much variety in the characters and scenarios. GOAT Theme too.

Taking a break from Raid mode for now until Episode 4 goes up. Of course Re.Net continues to be down

Top Bottom