• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Shauni

I haven't done any Countdown or Invisible Modes since the first episode. They can be pretty rough, especially Invisible.

Is chapter 4 going to be updated on Steam today (or was it already?), since the actual disc release is today? Or is it still not going to be available until wednesday?

vg260

I've played through every episode multiple times, and still have a ton of BP needed to unlock all the skills in single player mode. I don't really like when developers make unlockables require so many playthroughs that you're sick of the game by the time you unlock them. The content is great for the price, but I think they tried to artificially stretch the episode replayability a little too much with the unlockable skills, particularly the most expensive cancel any move one. I'm probably not going to bother once I played through the final episodes.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Jeez, the re.net icons are spoilery as hell. I've avoided reading anything but that just gave some stuff away.

Neiteio

"Beastly" is an interesting way to say "broken".
It breaks certain enemies, like the Revenant, who can rarely grab me now, and who often go down in a few erratic swings of the sword.

I wouldn't say it's broken, though. Scagdead with his second active hitbox, enemies with full-body elite modifiers, etc., still give me some trouble.

It definitely makes Raid a lot easier, though. And it's hella fun.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Just checked RE.net.

I've logged nearly 129 hours.

Why am I not tired of this game?

Lol I'm at 127. How did this happen? Isn't that like 20 cents an hour?

Re: your
sneaky pedro
vid, that guy gets my rocket launcher every time. Screw that guy

Grisby

Whelp, just got back with the full game. Installed it and it read my digital save just fine. Downloading the compatibility pack (again) before I head into episode 4.

void666

Banned
Just finished Chapter 2.

Whoever came up with the
invisible one hit kill enemies
must be banned from ever working in game design ever again.

Well,
they move very slowly. There's a screen distortion effect when they are near. It's not like they will catch you by surprise. And they are easy to kill.

News Bot

Banned
I've read much of the thread and I want to address some of the Japanese translation/Moira conversation that's been going on. It's not as if "saiaku" wouldn't translate to expletives in English. Japanese doesn't directly translate to English and the "direct" translation comparisons up to this point don't really give you the feel of the Japanese dialogue and it's no wonder that it's going to come across as "boring." The Japanese language doesn't really have expletives because it doesn't need them in the same way that English does. Discussing whether or not the Japanese dialogue is "cleaner" or not is meaningless.

However, that doesn't mean that the English dialogue isn't awful. While it's true that the series owes some of its popularity and memorability to unintentionally poor dialogue, REV2's absurd script tries far too hard to be as ridiculous as possible. Can you imagine if RE2 were translated in the same way? While its English script is far from perfect, some of the dialogue actually seems to read a bit better than the Japanese script (I may be murdered for this comment by a certain individual, I know). Rather painfully transparent attempts at being as silly as possible, why not try to be better? This doesn't mean foregoing all attempts at humor, mind you.

The Japanese language uses expletives just as you would in English. The only difference is that the translator has the ability to choose whether to use them or not. For instance:

"For christ's sake, this monumental fucker's shown up!"
"This fucking asshole! What incredible strength!"
"Don't let it get close! It'll send us flying! Empty your rounds into it from a distance!"
"Its exterior's covered by a shell! Fucking hell! I can't break it!"
"Break the shell by hammering it with a shotgun! Now we'll be able to damage it!"

くそっ! (kuso!) means shit, fuck, motherfucker, fucking hell, jesus, jesus christ, damn it, bloody hell, etc. All depends on context. Billy calls the Queen Leech a "monstrous asshole" in BIO0, an obvious jab at its appearance. Completely altered in the English version to the more pedestrian and nonsensical "Hey, queeny, feast on this!" (why does Billy call it queeny after seeing it as a male?)

Saiaku (さいあく) actually can be used as a swear. But the English version went above and beyond in an attempt to make it as ridiculous as possible.

The English dialogue "reads a bit better" because the translations posted here so far are fairly literal (literal for English), they haven't been dressed up for English yet, whereas that process has already been done in the English script.

Grisby

Wow, guess they felt Claire's section in episode 3 was too long last time, lol.

Whole thing is
barely fifteen minute or so, if that.

YpwABha.png

RE Points:107,600 REP

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Looks like I have 42 hours, but I slacked on Raid a lot after Ep.1 to wait for the rest to drop.

I'm looking forward to digging into this a lot more tonight.

FLAguy954

Can someone walk me through on how to link my Steam account to Residentevil.net?

EDIT: nevermind, it isn't up yet for us PC users.

What, you guys don't like RE5 Jill? ;o

RE5/Remake Jill is my all time favorite Jill and probably favorite videogame character and reason why I still play RE5 (Versus, LIN and DE) but since there's more chance of them putting BSAA Rev1 Jill instead of BSAA RE5 Jill I posted that render, even though there's no chance of them giving non story characters more costumes in REV2.

Neiteio

RE5/Remake Jill is my all time favorite Jill and probably favorite videogame character and reason why I still play RE5 (Versus, LIN and DE) but since there's more chance of them putting BSAA Rev1 Jill instead of BSAA RE5 Jill I posted that render, even though there's no chance of them giving non story characters more costumes in REV2.
Oh, there's a chance. It's easy money for Capcom to sell alternates of Jill, Leon, etc. They might be withholding them for precisely that reason. This is the company that continued to release SSFIV costumes for years, after all.

Yeah, I'd have to say RE5 BSAA Jill is my favorite too. I, er..don't even mind Blonde brainwashed Jill xD

Lost in Nightmares continues to be my favorite DLC probably ever. Even Desperate Escape was fun with Josh.

Shame we keep getting so many Jill redesigns but at least we'll always have Lost in Nightmares.

strafer

Yeah, I'd have to say RE5 BSAA Jill is my favorite too. I, er..don't even mind Blonde brainwashed Jill xD

Lost in Nightmares continues to be my favorite DLC probably ever. Even Desperate Escape was fun with Josh.

Shame we keep getting so many Jill redesigns but at least we'll always have Lost in Nightmares.

I'm still waiting for Gold Edition to hit PC.

Top Bottom