• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Elija2

Is there a way to do sharp turns while running like there is in RE6 Mercs? I think I managed to do it with a KB+M but I can't manage to do it with a controller.

Crumbtiny

I'm on the fence, on the cusp really about getting this game. It sounds like a fun, solid campaign. I've never been into Mercenaries mode in the previous games (that was about combo-ing kills to get a high score right?) Whereas Raid is about combo-ing kills and escaping all the while unlocking weapons and upgrades for those weapons?

Sounds like a nice package for the price. What are your general thoughts on it? Any unlockable costumes in the game or do you have to buy them via DLC? And lastly what, if any, of the DLC would you recommend?

I'm on the fence, on the cusp really about getting this game. It sounds like a fun, solid campaign. I've never been into Mercenaries mode in the previous games (that was about combo-ing kills to get a high score right?) Whereas Raid is about combo-ing kills and escaping all the while unlocking weapons and upgrades for those weapons?

Sounds like a nice package for the price. What are your general thoughts on it? Any unlockable costumes in the game or do you have to buy them via DLC? And lastly what, if any, of the DLC would you recommend?

The game is fantastic and great value for the price.
Yes, it has several unlockable costumes.
As for the dlc, it's all included if you go with the retail version (the full package is also available digitally). If not, check out Raid Mode and then decide if you want to invest in skins, maps or an extra character.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
The game is fantastic and great value for the price.
Yes, it has several unlockable costumes.
As for the dlc, it's all included if you go with the retail version (the full package is also available digitally). If not, check out Raid Mode and then decide if you want to invest in skins, maps or an extra character.

Pretty much this. If you are on console, I'd suggest the Complete Season unless you prefer physical. That will get you all essential content & then you can pick up the extra costumes if you feel like it.

If you get into raid (which can be addictive), you might end up buying extra parts storage, but you'll know it when you need it.

Raid and Mercs are pretty different, so if you didn't like Mercs maybe Raid will be more your speed. I think it's a blast

AdaWong

So is there any meat to these rumours about more DLC/episodes coming?

Nope. The only evidence we have of more "DLC" is the files that are named Episode 7~11.

Everything else is related to Events from RE.net. I'm not saying there will not be any DLC, but there's no proof for it being planned except for the one I just mentioned, and that one is fairly weak since this is video game development we're talking abouy. Content gets planned and cut so easily.

SeanTSC

It's easily my favorite since RE4 and right up there with it in quality for me. There's 1 Pack of DLC costumes, one for each character. There's also 1 Unlockable Costume in game for each character except for Claire who has 2 unlockable costumes.

Retail disc ($40) gets you all 4 DLC costumes + both Bonus episodes + Wesker & Hunk for Raid Mode.

Complete Season Pass ($25) gets you both Bonus Episodes + Hunk for Raid mode. So it's $15 less, but you don't get the Costume Pack ($10) + Wesker ($3).

The rest of the DLC is basically some raid mode weapons (early boosts, basically) and storage stuff for Raid (which you may want if you get really into it).

I like all the voices in the game but I really have to give it to Moira's VA, this could've gone very wrong but she was simply perfect.

Neiteio

Anyone play the extra episode "The Struggle" yet? If so, manage to get through the horrid endurance round that is chapter 2?
One in the fishing village? Just cut your losses, ignore the revenants and sneak straight for the exit. It ends as soon as you reach the path leading back to the woods.

kamineko

Anyone play the extra episode "The Struggle" yet? If so, manage to get through the horrid endurance round that is chapter 2?

It's pretty rough, you're right. Main thing is to take advantage of Moira's crowbar and light when you can, and check to see if your upgraded skills can help her.

The next area gets pretty stupid. I switched to casual. Not sure if I'll go back and complete a survival run or not. Probably not.

EDIT: I assumed you weren't talking about the stealth section. I just sprinted from one end of town to the other. LOL

JJD

So I got completion medals with Claire for all stages of Raid mode, including the RED Stages and I still didn't unlock the 3 last stages.

Anyone knows how to unlock then?

LegendX48

It's pretty rough, you're right. Main thing is to take advantage of Moira's crowbar and light when you can, and check to see if your upgraded skills can help her.

The next area gets pretty stupid. I switched to casual. Not sure if I'll go back and complete a survival run or not. Probably not.

EDIT: I assumed you weren't talking about the stealth section. I just sprinted from one end of town to the other. LOL

nah, talking about
the sewer horde mode part. The stealth section I think is the 3rd area, which I just got to now
. God that was horrid

Neiteio

So I got completion medals with Claire for all stages of Raid mode, including the RED Stages and I still didn't unlock the 3 last stages.

Anyone knows how to unlock then?
You talking about Gauntlet IX? That's the Throwback Pack. DLC that still doesn't work for us PS4 owners.

LegendX48

One in the fishing village? Just cut your losses, ignore the revenants and sneak straight for the exit. It ends as soon as you reach the path leading back to the woods.

Revenants are such trolls, they come all slowly but the moment you start sprinting, so do they and they are just as fast and stay right next to you the entire time you sprint lol

pizzacat

Banned
One mission? You haven't seen anything. I'm a Mercs vet (even aced Mercs 3D), and Raid gets much tougher.
I don't like the idea of invisible ohko enemies means being tougher. It's just cheap imo since there's no counter to it, not that I know of at least. Today's daily was just me shooting through a narrow door.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
So Uh, maybe I'm an idiot but...

How do you sprint? I don't remember the game saying I could and I swore I tried every button.

Ps4 version.

Neiteio

Revenants are such trolls, they come all slowly but the moment you start sprinting, so do they and they are just as fast and stay right next to you the entire time you sprint lol
I think the revenants are just misunderstood.

Revenant: "Wait! You dropped your chapstick!"

kamineko

So Uh, maybe I'm an idiot but...

How do you sprint? I don't remember the game saying I could and I swore I tried every button.

Ps4 version.

Hold down x. You'll get tired eventually if you don't stop

EDIT Lol way too slow

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I don't like the idea of invisible ohko enemies means being tougher. It's just cheap imo since there's no counter to it, not that I know of at least. Today's daily was just me shooting through a narrow door.

Invisible enemies show up when you aim on them. Worst case is tossing a bottle near your feet to make them show up.

Neiteio

That's not what I had in mind, but yes, there are invisible enemies, with exploding fire modifiers and more. You reveal invisible enemies by aiming at them. On mobile, but search "ThatWouldBeTits" on YouTube (my channel for PS4 videos), and look up the video "Sneaky Pedro." Now -that- is a terrifying enemy to make burning and invisible, lol. So good.

kamineko

Regarding invisible enemies. Don't know how far folks are into Code Red but...

Everything's faster. & if you're playing at recommended level, the enemies are higher level than you. So you've got fast, resilient glasps to look forward to.

Your reward? 2 final shot mods and a long-range shotgun. lol

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I got Code Red but haven't dabbled in it all that much. Is it really all locked at 90? That seems weird as hell.

kamineko

I got Code Red but haven't dabbled in it all that much. Is it really all locked at 90? That seems weird as hell.
Yes, 90. Enemy levels aren't 90, though. So far the loot has been horrible for me, I've asked a few times about others' experiences with loot, but haven't heard anything. I did find one level 100 gun tho.

So what's the GAF conclusion about this game?

Check this post out

Cliffs: It's awesome

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=156760756&postcount=6827

That...sucks. I haven't got that yet, I'm finishing up Invisible Mode and playing through Survival, but that isn't going to be fun at all. So what did you end up doing, just completely unloading anything and everything you had right off the bat?
I ended up doing it on casual, which would be the easiest way to determine weather or not it was glitched. I put Natalia right by the door where you enter and unloaded everything I had until she was down making sure neither Barry or Natalia were hit. At the ranking screen I finally earned the medal.

JJD

You talking about Gauntlet IX? That's the Throwback Pack. DLC that still doesn't work for us PS4 owners.

That's the throwback pack? I thought the pack was the blank square before it.

I might be wrong, but I saw someone here teasing that there was something unlocked if you got all the completion medals with a character...nothing unlocked for me.

The Struggle is a walk in the park on casual but on survival I really don't recommend doing that.
There's a ton of loot in the village and also weapons.
Taking out the revenants with stealth really isn't hard after you learn their locations and patterns.
It really sucks having to waste a ration each time you're spotted, it's risky but if you're on survival you most likely wont make it without collecting at least some of the items in the village.

I don't see myself doing invisible mode, tried it but found it frustrating.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
That's the throwback pack? I thought the pack was the blank square before it.

I might be wrong, but I saw someone here teasing that there was something unlocked if you got all the completion medals with a character...nothing unlocked for me.

Well you get
She-Wesker

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Are the rumors true about Helena, Sheva and Leon being unlockable characters?

Wait... There's a sprint button?! Wow ok, played the whole game without it lol. Probably could've not died a bit more. :p

Good Stuff:
I really liked the story, fantastic main villain and cool dynamics between the cast. This was my first Resident Evil game I have played that has Claire and Barry in it, they are pretty cool characters. And I was so surprised by Natalia, has got to be one of the only little girls in a video game that I didn't hate or get irritated at all by. Perhaps because her voice actually sounds like kid lol. Raid mode has a lot more content and fresh environments.

Bad Stuff:
I really didn't like the non-playable character design (aside from the main villain) and the enemy design (aside from the white spindly thing) - definitely not as memorable and out there as RER1. Many campaign environments were dull, and lots of backtracking. :/ Also raid mode has lost a lot of suspense and a sense of adventure IMO.

Out of the three Resident Evil games I've played this would have to be a close second to RER1 (RE4 is third favourite for me).

Wait... There's a sprint button?! Wow ok, played the whole game without it lol. Probably could've not died a bit more. :p

Good Stuff:
I really liked the story, fantastic main villain and cool dynamics between the cast. This was my first Resident Evil game I have played that has Claire and Barry in it, they are pretty cool characters. And I was so surprised by Natalia, has got to be one of the only little girls in a video game that I didn't hate or get irritated at all by. Perhaps because her voice actually sounds like kid lol. Raid mode has a lot more content and fresh environments.

Bad Stuff:
I really didn't like the non-playable character design (aside from the main villain) and the enemy design (aside from the white spindly thing) - definitely not as memorable and out there as RER1. Many campaign environments were dull, and lots of backtracking. :/ Also raid mode has lost a lot of suspense and a sense of adventure IMO.

Out of the three Resident Evil games I've played this would have to be a close second to RER1 (RE4 is third favourite for me).

You should play REmake.

Top Bottom