• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Nemesis_

Could be better.

image.php

sindelcksnl.gif

Okay so the physical edition is $39.99 but the downloadable season pass is only $25 and from the looks of it, the content is exactly the same.

What exactly is the content difference, if there is one?

joe2187

Banned
Okay so the physical edition is $39.99 but the downloadable season pass is only $25 and from the looks of it, the content is exactly the same.

What exactly is the content difference, if there is one?

The Digital version only includes all the episodes and bonus episodes.

It doesnt include

- Throwback Map pack for Raid
- Playable HUNK character for Raid (He comes with the digital season pass however)
- Playable RE5 Wesker for Raid
- Bonus costumes for campaign and Raid

all of that is in the physical version, or purchasable as DLC.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The Digital version only includes all the episodes and bonus episodes.

It doesnt include

- Throwback Map pack for Raid
- Playable HUNK character for Raid
- Playable RE5 Wesker for Raid
- Bonus costumes for campaign and Raid

all of that is in the physical version, or purchasable as DLC.

Purchasable, sure... just not playable.

:/

Fk'n Capcom.

Grisby

The one thing RE7 needs to bring back from 6 is the multiple campaigns.
Hopefully better intertwined next time(final boss should be a crossover co-op that feels interesting to all involved).
Eh, I think if you have more to spread out then you have a better chance at failure. None of the campaigns were that good in RE6.

If they keep the design more focused, then I think they could turn out a better experience.

Evolved1

I'm gonna need RE7 to be another action game with the RE6 mechanics. Sorry Guys.

Agreed. Would be great to have some moody atmosphere... but yeah.

And for the love of christ, ditch the shitty stealth. Or do something interesting with it. Though Little Miss demonstrates they don't have a single interesting idea when it comes to stealth mechanics... so they should really just ditch it.

Eh, I think if you have more to spread out then you have a better chance at failure. None of the campaigns were that good in RE6.

If they keep the design more focused, then I think they could turn out a better experience.

Disagree. RE6 had some low lows in each campaign. But the best parts of Rev2 aren't as good as the (many) highs of RE6. RE6 was fucking awesome.

Mr_Zombie

I started playing the game today. 3 hours in and I haven't even started the campaign* :D Good god, the Raid mode is so fucking fun. And the daily challenges are quite challenging - especially if you start with more or less new characters (I did today's challenges with lvl 5 Moira and Barry). I just worry that leveling up all characters - i.e. repeating all those first few levels - will be tiresome after a while.

Combat system is (almost) a perfect blend of REV1 and RE5. I miss slides, counters, quick shots and advanced melee combat from RE6, though. One thing I don't like is that sometimes hit detection can be wonky - I saw few instances where the "struggle with enemy" animation started even before the enemy touched me (he was reaching me but was still few inches away from me).

Also, laser pointer sucks here :| Maybe that's because characters, when aiming, aren't as close to the edge of the screen as they were in RE4-6, but when I tried laser sight it just looked weird to me. So weird that I had trouble aiming properly and after a while switched back to a white dot. I feel dirty playing RE game this way :(

Also, give me back the option to switch sides. I loved playing with characters on the right side of the screen in RE5 (Sheva) and RE6 (everyone). Why do video game companies keep discriminating us lefties.

* well, technically I started it because on the first launch the game throws you immediately into the campaign; note to developers: don't do that, especially on PC and especially if your autoconfiguration fails to recognize hardware correctly and sets all settings on mid-low :|

Question for those who have finished chapter 4 with Claire...

I noticed that some walkthroughs of the chapter feature a scene at the end where Moira's arm pops out of the rubble, I didn't see that...did it glitch or am on course for a different ending to those who did see that scene?

I started playing the game today. 3 hours in and I haven't even started the campaign* :D Good god, the Raid mode is so fucking fun. And the daily challenges are quite challenging - especially if you start with more or less new characters (I did today's challenges with lvl 5 Moira and Barry). I just worry that leveling up all characters - i.e. repeating all those first few levels - will be tiresome after a while.

Combat system is (almost) a perfect blend of REV1 and RE5. I miss slides, counters, quick shots and advanced melee combat from RE6, though. One thing I don't like is that sometimes hit detection can be wonky - I saw few instances where the "struggle with enemy" animation started even before the enemy touched me (he was reaching me but was still few inches away from me).

Also, laser pointer sucks here :| Maybe that's because characters, when aiming, aren't as close to the edge of the screen as they were in RE4-6, but when I tried laser sight it just looked weird to me. So weird that I had trouble aiming properly and after a while switched back to a white dot. I feel dirty playing RE game this way :(

Also, give me back the option to switch sides. I loved playing with characters on the right side of the screen in RE5 (Sheva) and RE6 (everyone). Why do video game companies keep discriminating us lefties.

* well, technically I started it because on the first launch the game throws you immediately into the campaign; note to developers: don't do that, especially on PC and especially if your autoconfiguration fails to recognize hardware correctly and sets all settings on mid-low :|
I'd play the story mode first because there are some SP-levels in Raid mode. You're going to spoil yourself ;)

I noticed that some walkthroughs of the chapter feature a scene at the end where Moira's arm pops out of the rubble, I didn't see that...did it glitch or am on course for a different ending to those who did see that scene?

You get that scene when your are going to get the bad ending.

joe2187

Banned

That scene plays only when you get the bad end. It just shows moira dying and her arm going crazy because the virus being released into her dead body.

also throw me in the camp of keeping all the mechanics of RE6 for RE7 along with the pacing and level design of Rev2

You get that scene when your are going to get the bad ending.

That scene plays only when you get the bad end. It just shows moira dying and her arm going crazy because the virus being released into her dead body.

also throw me in the camp of keeping all the mechanics of RE6 for RE7 along with the pacing and level design of Rev2

Nice, happy to hear that's the reason. Thanks for the replies.

I actually liked Chris' the most as they just went all in with it.
Leon & Jake's were the problem because they didn't know what they wanted to be and were a mess.
Ada's was great as well for an extra.

Exclusive to RE NET: Customize your Raid Mode profile!

RE NET also allows you to customize your in-game Raid Mode profile; once your data is linked, your player icon displayed below your username will be synced to match the icon you use on RE NET!

You can choose from any of the icons you’ve unlocked since RE NET was launched, which include exclusive icons unlocked by completing requirements in other supported titles.

https://www.residentevil.net/en/news_topics-201503201006.html

Evolved1

RE.net is still broken for me (at least in-game) so nothing works...

Surprise another game's online component does't work at launch. :/

joe2187

Banned
RE.net is still broken for me (at least in-game) so nothing works...

It works, but the game tells you otherwise.

The game constantly tells me RE.net is unavailable but my stats still transfer and I can unlock parts and gold and transfer them to my game.

heringer

Are Little Miss and The Struggle worth buying?

Can I read about them in the Steam description without spoiling something? (I'm about to begin episode 3)

joe2187

Banned
Are Little Miss and The Struggle worth buying?

Can I read about them in the Steam description without spoiling something? (I'm about to begin episode 3)

They're just filler to explain some gaps in the story.

Little Miss has very little gameplay and what's there is not great. You can watch it on youtube and not miss a thing.

The Struggle is a very challenging gauntlet starring moira and I enjoyed it, but it's basically a SP version of Raid mode.

Evolved1

It works, but the game tells you otherwise.

The game constantly tells me RE.net is unavailable but my stats still transfer and I can unlock parts and gold and transfer them to my game.

You're right... but the little icon thingy doesn't work.

I mean, that's not a huge deal. But the constant timing out after a raid round is getting pretty annoying.

I like all these things, but really wish they'd get rid of the limited enemy count and time bonus for kills/end score.

It makes going for high scores really boring as you end you just countering everything and not waste time doing anything else.

Rather infinite enemies and play until timer ends.

This

As I said before, I think Mercs is overrated and VASTLY prefer Raid mode.

I don't think that would work. A game is designed around its gameplay and for RE6's mechanics to shine you need to put them in an all-out action game, you don't take those mechanics and put them in a game with emphasis on exploration, atmosphere and puzzle solving.
Hell, you need to play mercenaries to really make RE6's gameplay shine, where it's free from all the restraints created by scripted moments or poor level design prominent in the campaign and the player is let loose to kick ass.

It's the reason I keep saying RE6 should've been a new IP, because I love the gameplay but it doesn't fit the mold of what I want from a RE game.
But if Revelations is to continue, it doesn't bother me.
Just stop with the terrible vehicle sections and those fucking QTEs.

I don't think that would work. A game is designed around its gameplay and for RE6's mechanics to shine you need to put them in an all-out action game, you don't take those mechanics and put them in a game with emphasis on exploration, atmosphere and puzzle solving.
Hell, you need to play mercenaries to really make RE6's gameplay shine, where it's free from all the restraints created by scripted moments or poor level design prominent in the campaign and the player is let loose to kick ass.

It's the reason I keep saying RE6 should've been a new IP, because I love the gameplay but it doesn't fit the mold of what I want from a RE game.
But if Revelations is to continue, it doesn't bother me.
Just stop with the terrible vehicle sections and those fucking QTEs.

Agreed

and GODDAMN are the mechanics in RE6 flawless (^___^)

You're right... but the little icon thingy doesn't work.

I mean, that's not a huge deal. But the constant timing out after a raid round is getting pretty annoying.

Maybe you don't have an icon at re.net :p Just try to change it on re.net and then resynch it and try the game out.

Evolved1

Omg... the game finally connected to RE.net.

Lol just as I complained about it. Hunnigan icon get.

My leet Raid skills!!!!

9bYVUzG.png

I've only just scratched the surface and I can safely say that I'll be playing this mode for a very, very long time. I hope Capcom continue to support for years to come.

Need help guys, Claire chapter 3:
I just cannot make sense of which hole to put my hand in. Looked around with Moira's flashlight but I cannot figure out which one to use

Neiteio

Did Claire's ass get bigger in her classic costume?

I noticed immediately. Maybe it's just the outfit but it definitely seems bigger.
It might be something to do with the shading or texture of the denim shorts. See her Rodeo outfit, which has similar shorts:

residentevilrevelatioz7uck.jpg

I'm not sure if her shorts booty has more polygons, or if it just seems that way due to the optical illusion of how it's skinned.

The answers to this question may deepen humanity's understanding of how we perceive the fabric of reality. It merits further investigation.

Neiteio

I just cannot make sense of which hole to put my hand in. Looked around with Moira's flashlight but I cannot figure out which one to use
Run over to opposite corner. Pipe will fall. Boost Moira up. Run behind faces and check their backsides...

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car

Moira can get boosted up a pipe that falls, then run around and see which door is safe.

Edit: too slow

xero273

there is an area to right where you can boost Moira up to the next area. Moira can go behind the traps and look at which one is the safe one to pull

On the far right side of the room, there is a pipe that Moira can climb up and walk around to see which door is safe. There is also a chest that she can open, it's worth spending the time opening it.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
I still haven't found any good stuff in Code Red. sheesh

Edit, I did find a level 97 Drake... Long Range. How is a LR Drake even a thing?

xero273

oh almost forgot..
how do I get the chest in the slaughterhouse? The place where you get the key and then one person gets trapped and the spinning traps start. I tried bringing both claire and moria in, but can't figure out how to escape.

oh almost forgot..
how do I get the chest in the slaughterhouse? The place where you get the key and then one person gets trapped and the spinning traps start. I tried bringing both claire and moria in, but can't figure out how to escape.

Episode 3 chest location:
There is a section on the left side of the 'control room' where you can boost Moira up to the chest, I think this can only be triggered when both of them are trapped in the room.

I'm genuinely pissed off (ending spoilers)
that I got the bad ending. Why the fuck would they hide the good ending behind a really unobvious choice. Kinda spoiled it in my opinion.

Neiteio

Funny since I completely hate Raid mode. I only did one mission and I was already bored out of my mind.

Mercenaries (especially 6's) is vastly more fun for me.
One mission? You haven't seen anything. I'm a Mercs vet (even aced Mercs 3D), and Raid gets much tougher.

Carm

I bought the pc version last night and man I'm really regretting it right now. I had thought they fixed the bugs but apparently not. Framerate is fine, cpu is maxing out, skyrocketing my cpu temps higher than I've ever seen them go, and that's not even the worst thing. Episode 1 was fine, zero issues besides the above, 60fps on max in game settings. I finished Ep1 and continue into EP2 and that's where the trouble is.

Once you gain control of your character in EP2 the game completely hard locks my computer. Usually with a greyish blue looking screen, music still plays, dialog stops. At least once, it froze when I could still see characters. I get no errors, just a complete hard lock on computer, requiring a hard reset. I've updated my video drivers, tried the game in windowed mode, lower resolution, graphic detail at minimum, even tried compability mode and offline Steam, still locks up within moments of gaining control of the character in Ep2 only. I even uninstalled and redownloaded the game to another drive to see if that would fix it, nadda.

I tested Ep3 and Ep4, neither of them lock up after 20 mins sitting around, like Ep2 does. So, I have to pray they somehow fix whatever is causing this.

I should have went with my gut and skipped it and grabbed Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel instead.

Edit: Next morning. I woke up early today to make sure it was freezing in the room with the computer to monitor the cpu temp while in the beginning of Ep2, thinking that may have been causing it. Unfortunately that wasn't it, temps are normal and still froze.

Edit2: Spoke to soon about Raid mode yesterday, that is now locking up the exact same way. Beginning of stage, 100% cpu usage on all 4 cores, Temp was normal, still froze.

Zambatoh

I bought the pc version last night and man I'm really regretting it right now. I had thought they fixed the bugs but apparently not. Framerate is fine, cpu is maxing out, skyrocketing my cpu temps higher than I've ever seen them go, and that's not even the worst thing. Episode 1 was fine, zero issues besides the above, 60fps on max in game settings. I finished Ep1 and continue into EP2 and that's where the trouble is.

Once you gain control of your character in EP2 the game completely hard locks my computer. Usually with a greyish blue looking screen, music still plays, dialog stops. At least once, it froze when I could still see characters. I get no errors, just a complete hard lock on computer, requiring a hard reset. I've updated my video drivers, tried the game in windowed mode, lower resolution, graphic detail at minimum, even tried compability mode and offline Steam, still locks up within moments of gaining control of the character in Ep2 only. I even uninstalled and redownloaded the game to another drive to see if that would fix it, nadda.

I tested Ep3 and Ep4, neither of them lock up after 20 mins sitting around, like Ep2 does. So, I have to pray they somehow fix whatever is causing this.

I should have went with my gut and skipped it and grabbed Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel instead.

This is the first I've heard of it. Even on Steam.

Shauni

I figured out why I wasn't getting a certain medal in episode 4.
During the fight with Alex, Natalia can't take any damage either

That...sucks. I haven't got that yet, I'm finishing up Invisible Mode and playing through Survival, but that isn't going to be fun at all. So what did you end up doing, just completely unloading anything and everything you had right off the bat?

Top Bottom