• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

LegendX48

Hot damn, The Struggle really is a struggle but I beat it on Survival, with an S rank :3

Is Little Miss just as ridiculous or is it entirely different?

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Hot damn, The Struggle really is a struggle but I beat it on Survival, with an S rank :3

Is Little Miss just as ridiculous or is it entirely different?

Very nice. Congrats! Little Miss is actually entirely different. Easier IMO but the story/tone is great. Some folks hated it tho. *shrug*

The music that plays during Natalia's extra episode is fucking fantastic. God that episode in general was super atmospheric and fun IMO. I liked it more than Moira's.

Awesome.

scarlet

That whole chapter channels some Silent Hill, and it's better for it.

It was just nice to see something unique for a change. But I'm weird and love bizarre stuff like that. It reminded me a bit of the Twilight Realm in Twilight Princess; while most people were annoyed by the gameplay I was enamored by the atmosphere and actually thought it was fun.

It's crazy how much I went from loathing Moira to caring about her. As her background and upbringing came into focus it made more sense and while she still says stupid shit in the end I found myself laughing at it instead of rolling my eyes, and
I thought the stuff between her and Barry ended up being great and even touching. "Fucking technology."

ibxXt3QY5pY9ZT.gif

What? there is absolutely no fight anything like that in 5.
its a classic Tyrant fight, only recent boss that was similar was the final of REV1 and he played completely differently.

There's no classic tyrant fight in which you'd
burn away these dumb black worms for an eternity and then spam some glowing light bulb weak point, eating way too much ammo. Then eventual aiming for explosives. Typical RE5 shit. Lame area too, with no sense of danger, compared to, for example, the drill boss.

Zambatoh

Only problem I had with it was that REV1 had more memorable tracks(even action ones)
While the remixes in REV2 are way better than the original's there aren't many memorable ones besides those.

I thought Theme of Barry was very good. Which is probably why it's included with the mini soundtrack.

There's no classic tyrant fight in which you'd
burn away these dumb black worms for an eternity and then spam some glowing light bulb weak point, eating way too much ammo. Typical RE5 shit.

It only takes me 1 whole clip of magnum ammo to blow out the heart. Afterwards when he's done cooling himself off, he walks around for a bit before he finally suffers a heart attack and dies. I was laughing my fucking ass off when that happened.

grimmiq

Probably been asked/answered a lot..Bought the Season Pass (PS4), downloaded a 6.6GB file, is that just the first Episode and I need to download the other 3+2 manually?

Neff

I'm gonna take a crack at getting the proper ending tomorrow.

OK yeah that was awesome.

He got the bad end, otherwise it would have been right after REmake.

Not quite that awesome though.

Hats off to the dev team for proving me wrong that the current Capcom can't do a great Resident Evil game.

They deserve credit, and a lot of it. Revelations 2 is legit, way more than the first Revelations was.

Neiteio

Episode 4 question:

The first insect larvae can only be acquired if you flipped a certain switch in Claire's part. And the second insect larvae can only be obtained if you -didn't- flip the switch. Is it possible to get one, then immediately exit, replay Claire the other way, and get the other larvae? In other words, does the game save record of getting a larvae as soon as you get it?

Astral Dog

Talk about the soundtrack? good, i was going to ask if there is a comparable theme to the save rooms in previous RE, i really miss those, not any since RE4.
Also is there good tracks that are not remixes? what would be your favorite?

statham

Just finished it, great game, that after-the credit scene tho. Pretty sure I got the good ending. Now onto the bonus episodes.

Vamphuntr

I'm playing Alan Wake on PC and I'm amazed that such an old game looks better than Revelations 2. If REV2 had a bit more polish and lot more effort put into its presentation it could have been a mainline RE game.

Neiteio

I'm playing Alan Wake on PC and I'm amazed that such an old game looks better than Revelations 2. If REV2 had a bit more polish and lot more effort put into its presentation it could have been a mainline RE game.
It is a mainline RE game.

Also, character models in RER2 >>> Alan Wake.

Alan Wake is great, though. Not hatin'.

Neiteio

What Episode 4 file am I missing? I need one more.

Here's what I have:

Neil's Report
Notes on the Transfer Procedure
Thoughts on Kafka
Crane Operations Report 1
Crane Operations Report 2
The Sluice Operator's Last Words
Poisonous Gas Warning
Mine Worker's Diary 1
Mine Worker's Diary 2
Specimen Transfer Log
Research Facility Chief's Journal 1
Research Facility Chief's Journal 2
Researcher's Journal
Report on the Uroboros Virus
Specimen Disposal Log
Researcher's Memo
Hatred of Natalia
???

Astral Dog

I think part of the "atmosphere" would be lost if this was a big budget game, its because they are releasing as dlc episodes that its more horror-like, also it helps the game being more focused, compared to something like RE6, but yeah if there is a Revelations 3 it could look nicer.

Xemnas89

been playing this over the last few days and I've enjoyed it alot more than I expected. I on Barry's section in episode 4 and decided to take a little break after playing all day. The last couple hours of the game have been awesome and it seems like it's building to a great conclusion.

Best RE since RE4.

Great campaign with some really nice encounters and some of the best asymmetric coop I've ever played. It was also features an intriguing plot that doesn't take itself too seriously and an excellent Raid mode.

Hoping the next mainline game sticks with what made this game great but if Revelations remains its own thing with a smaller budget then I'll also be happy.

Not a fan of the "switch to second character to see items in level" idea. Gets annoying quickly having to constantly switch and scan the environment for pickups.

Jawmuncher

Not a fan of the "switch to second character to see items in level" idea. Gets annoying quickly having to constantly switch and scan the environment for pickups.

I actually went through the whole game without doing this. Probably made things harder for myself, but I agree I shouldn't have to switch to search areas.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

Yeah, it sucks.

At least Moria's flashlight can pick up the glimmer of hidden items even when you're using Claire. But it still sucks.

Switching characters isn't really necessary half the time and hidden items like that become less frequent later on from my experience.

But yeah, the game is best experienced in coop which makes it all the more baffling why Capcom didn't include campaign online coop.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Switching characters isn't really necessary half the time and hidden items like that become less frequent later on from my experience.

But yeah, the game is best experienced in coop which makes it all the more baffling why Capcom didn't include campaign online coop.

No they don't. You must have gotten tired of switching/searching, cause they're there just as much near the end.

No they don't. You must have gotten tired of switching/searching, cause they're there just as much near the end.

Eh, probably wasn't paying enough attention. I was completely stock piled by the end of the game anyway. Switching characters never bothered me too much though fortunately.

AdaWong

The character switching and the fade to black everytime you switch/open a door is extremely, extremely off-putting. :( Would have been an AMAZING RE game if it didn't have those.

Elija2

How the heck am I supposed to beat (what I assume is) the boss at the end of Claire's second episode? By that point I'm nearly out of ammo/herbs and I get swamped by all the enemies and flames. My framerate goes to shit at that part too which doesn't do me any favours.

Nemesis_

The character switching and the fade to black everytime you switch/open a door is extremely, extremely off-putting. :( Would have been an AMAZING RE game if it didn't have those.

I think the developers just couldn't be bothered programming pathfinding AI to get through rooms. Instead they just warp your partner to you and you both pass through the door together :/

joe2187

Banned
How the heck am I supposed to beat (what I assume is) the boss at the end of Claire's second episode? By that point I'm nearly out of ammo/herbs and I get swamped by all the enemies and flames. My framerate goes to shit at that part too which doesn't do me any favours.

focus on the fire dude only and the rest of the monsters stop spawning.

If you aint got no ammo....strafe the fucker and whack em till he drops;

shaun-of-the-dead-pool-cues-o.gif

Literally ignore all the other enemies and focus on the big dude. His attacks are really easy to dodge as well if you have your evade lvl'd.

Crumbtiny

So I ended up pulling the trigger and this is great so far. And totally unexpectedly, my wife and I are having a blast doing couch co-op together. The secondary characters don't require a lot of intense aiming and shooting; my wife is still getting used to using two sticks to move and look around so she can hang back and play support while I do the heavy lifting.

We've only completed the first episode but I'm hoping this eases her into hand controls in general.

On top of that, this is the best RE game I've played since 4. Lots of fun, can't wait to try out Raid and see what the campaign has in store.

It annoyed me at first because I kinda just wanted to play as Claire/Barry but I adjusted and always played it as the secondary character until an enemy showed up. Then as soon as I dealt with them would switch straight back to Moira/Natalia. Very little backtracking or anything that way.

Elija2

focus on the fire dude only and the rest of the monsters stop spawning.

If you aint got no ammo....strafe the fucker and whack em till he drops;

shaun-of-the-dead-pool-cues-o.gif

Literally ignore all the other enemies and focus on the big dude. His attacks are really easy to dodge as well if you have your evade lvl'd.

Wow, that actually worked. Jesus, I died 70+ times on that stage and I'm sure most of it was at that part. Thanks for the tip.

jakomocha

So... I've never actually played a RE game before and all the positivity surrounding this game on GAF has really made me want to start the series, but the problem is is that I have no clue where to begin (I'm assuming this game isn't a good place to start). There are soooo many RE games and seemingly so many spin-offs as well.
How is this order?:
Resident Evil HD Remaster --> Resident Evil 2 --> Resident Evil 3 --> Resident Evil Zero --> Resident Evil 4 --> Resident Evil 5 --> Resident Evil 6 --> Resident Evil Revelations --> Resident Evil Revelations 2

I'm not sure if I'm missing any important games or anything. Also, would the transition from RE HD remaster to RE2 be jarring?
Thanks!

Top Bottom