• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Can't decide who should be my new main now that I abandoned impostor Jill.

Claire - Love her new design and her voice. So good and raw and real. Love her melee moves and
Sniper
Claire is my favorite costume of hers and then default. Can't say I care for her RE2 costume though or the Rodeo.

Leon - Always had a soft spot for this guy and always liked his character. And I played alot as Leon in Mercs 6. Plus I can't wait for pair him up with Claire in Raid Mode. Gimme dat online patch right now. He's always really fun to play with and I like his voice.

Chris - Yas, papi! Love his new commands "I owe you one" sent me back to RE5 Jill/Sheva (1:04). Same with Leon, I've always liked Chris but since he's been in so many games recently I don't really see myself playing with him (tehee) that much. Another character I really liked in Mercs 6.

HUNK - Where's Lady Hunk doe? I really like his skills and melee is cool af. I really enjoyed him in Rev1 but I don't know there's something kinda boring about him.

Wesker - Another one I'm considering alot. But maybe I'm bias because he's RE5. Though I enjoy his cuntness and commands. Wish his regular melee was different but I do like his ground finisher and him overall.

Barry - Hmm... there's something off about Mr Burton in this game but I don't really know what? Maybe I just miss his old voice or miss his melee from RE5 Mercs Reunion. I also consider his melee boring now that every other (story) male in this game have it. Though that STARS costume. Hnnnng.

I'm considering
Alex
, because she's a bitch and Gina as well because her commands are so stupid and she's basically Rachael 2.0 but the fact that they have no originality whatsoever in melee is just offputting to me. Same with Moira even though I gave her the katana.

I really don't care for the others and I'm hoping for other DLC characters. Give me Sheva, Piers, Helena, Rebecca... even Ada and my life is complete.

I'm gonna level Hunk because I want to give Moria his invisibility... since it's an active skill. Might also give her Gabe and Chris' active skills... and the stick with smoke for the fourth.

It will be hyper-easy mode at that point though... lol.

I have for her passive skills: melee master maxed. Leon's knife skill maxed. both Jill's dodge skills, charged melee maxed, and the katana. Pretty funny.

Claire has the most outfits, so she'll be the other main besides Moria.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
My only real beef with The Struggle is that it only had casual and survivor difficulty. I like a normal run my first playthrough.
On casual, Moira is pretty OP because she still has the flashlight and crowbar. The last couple of encounters were touch and go. Mainly because whoever was the AI partner would actually get killed by the OHKO. I'd yell for Moira to follow me but she'd just square off & get iced. Frustrating

So I guess that's 2 beefs lol

Neiteio

My only real beef with The Struggle is that it only had casual and survivor difficulty. I like a normal run my first playthrough.
On casual, Moira is pretty OP because she still has the flashlight and crowbar. The last couple of encounters were touch and go. Mainly because whoever was the AI partner would actually get killed by the OHKO. I'd yell for Moira to follow me but she'd just square off & get iced. Frustrating

So I guess that's 2 beefs lol
Oh, I only played The Struggle on Casual. They take away the flashlight and crowbar on Survivor?

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Oh, I only played The Struggle on Casual. They take away the flashlight and crowbar on Survivor?

No it's still there. But on casual I didn't have to pull out my gun until the guys with the pots showed up. It was just too easy for my tastes. Until the end for the reason I mentioned. Survival seemed too punishing. Something in the middle would have been nice IMO

Does anybody else feel like Rev1 had a better campaign but Rev2 did literally everything else better. That's how I feel right now.

REV1 had a few elements I prefer
1. characters(Chris & Jill will always be my favorite)
2. final boss fight(REV2's final boss fight's situation is much better but REV1 wins on technical fight and boss design)
3. music(REV2's remixes are way better but feel 1 had more tracks overall that were memorable)

But still feel REV2 is a much better game.
RE5 is still my favorite after the two RE1s but I also feel REV2 puts most of that game to shame. After REV2 everything about 5 beyond Chris, Jill, Wesker and the final fight seems utterly forgettable now.

REV2 is exactly what RE4 should have been.

Welp, just got Barry's section left in episode 4 for countdown mode. This is gonna be fun.

To top that off I just finished my survivor run of the campaign.......
I had no idea there would be a 4th difficulty
o_o

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
So, I'm rewatching Damnation and Buddy's dead fiance's name was Irina.

Reference? Coincidence?

I think coincidence, as the Irina in Damnation is a school teacher, not a miner.

But there is a Damnation reference in Revelations 2. The radio talking in Russian in chapter 2 is talking about the situation in Damnation.

LegendX48

finally beat it and got the bad ending :\

I knew I should've just
replayed Claire's part of ep3 before starting up ep4 tonight. What bugs me more was how minuscule the window was for actually switching to Moira (or at least how small of a window was given) since I had absolutely no idea that I could switch and the prompt that said I could've done so the entire time decided to wait until the qte was over -_-

welp, time to replay.

On the topic of REV1 and REV2 campaign, I'm i the camp that REV2 is better partly because the plot twists weren't so obvious imo. Maybe it's because I was playing it weekly, but I always looked forward to each new episode with anticipation.

I knew I should've just
replayed Claire's part of ep3 before starting up ep4 tonight. What bugs me more was how minuscule the window was for actually switching to Moira (or at least how small of a window was given) since I had absolutely no idea that I could switch and the prompt that said I could've done so the entire time decided to wait until the qte was over -_-

welp, time to replay.

I was under the impression that you could switch any time.

Zambatoh

On the topic of REV1 and REV2 campaign, I'm i the camp that REV2 is better partly because the plot twists weren't so obvious imo. Maybe it's because I was playing it weekly, but I always looked forward to each new episode with anticipation.

You can actually. Even before the prompt comes up.

So I just heard about the patch that improved the framerate of the PS4 version and that it's still worse than the Xbox version. I don't get why Capcom is having such trouble, I really hope they they get it fixed before I buy this game next month, if not at least it stays above 30 now... :/

Neiteio

I knew I should've just

welp, time to replay.
The good ending is superior (and even features more gameplay), but I think it's worthwhile to see both endings. So in a way, you're doing it the best way. And your replay of Claire's Episode 3 and Barry's Episode 4 will go surprisingly smoothly, I'm sure. You may even find more collectibles, earn more trophies (and BP), etc.

GSR

Finished Claire's episode 4. Out of curiosity, folks' thoughts on playing the bonus episodes now to make things chronological?

joe2187

Banned
Finished Claire's episode 4. Out of curiosity, folks' thoughts on playing the bonus episodes now to make things chronological?

Sure, you could play both if you wanted to since they both start at the climax of Claire's section.

just play the struggle on casual if you dont want to tear your hair out in frustration.

LeonSPBR

No you have to finish Claire ep 3 with a different choice. Theny you have to play Barry chap 4 and finish it.

AdaWong

Can't decide who should be my new main now that I abandoned impostor Jill.

Claire - Love her new design and her voice. So good and raw and real. Love her melee moves and
Sniper
Claire is my favorite costume of hers and then default. Can't say I care for her RE2 costume though or the Rodeo.

Leon - Always had a soft spot for this guy and always liked his character. And I played alot as Leon in Mercs 6. Plus I can't wait for pair him up with Claire in Raid Mode. Gimme dat online patch right now. He's always really fun to play with and I like his voice.

Chris - Yas, papi! Love his new commands "I owe you one" sent me back to RE5 Jill/Sheva (1:04). Same with Leon, I've always liked Chris but since he's been in so many games recently I don't really see myself playing with him (tehee) that much. Another character I really liked in Mercs 6.

HUNK - Where's Lady Hunk doe? I really like his skills and melee is cool af. I really enjoyed him in Rev1 but I don't know there's something kinda boring about him.

Wesker - Another one I'm considering alot. But maybe I'm bias because he's RE5. Though I enjoy his cuntness and commands. Wish his regular melee was different but I do like his ground finisher and him overall.

Barry - Hmm... there's something off about Mr Burton in this game but I don't really know what? Maybe I just miss his old voice or miss his melee from RE5 Mercs Reunion. I also consider his melee boring now that every other (story) male in this game have it. Though that STARS costume. Hnnnng.

I'm considering
Alex
, because she's a bitch and Gina as well because her commands are so stupid and she's basically Rachael 2.0 but the fact that they have no originality whatsoever in melee is just offputting to me. Same with Moira even though I gave her the katana.

I really don't care for the others and I'm hoping for other DLC characters. Give me Sheva, Piers, Helena, Rebecca... even Ada and my life is complete.

What do you mean, "even Ada?" Ada is a MUST.

Ada is love.
Ada is life.

joe2187

Banned
What do you mean, "even Ada?" Ada is a MUST.

Ada is love.
Ada is life.

Im afraid Sheva has surpassed her...

tumblr_n816iaNZQ71rivjv8o1_500.gif

LegendX48

The good ending is superior (and even features more gameplay), but I think it's worthwhile to see both endings. So in a way, you're doing it the best way. And your replay of Claire's Episode 3 and Barry's Episode 4 will go surprisingly smoothly, I'm sure. You may even find more collectibles, earn more trophies (and BP), etc.

I finished doing just that lol

the good ending is infinitely superior

Lork

Does anyone have any experience with a strange bug in (episode 4)
The Wesker 1 fight
where the controls stop responding? I've tried both a controller and the keyboard, restarting the game and reloading the checkpoint and nothing works.

ciD_Vain

I cannot beat that part in Claire's episode two when you fight
that fucking big fire guy with all those monsters everywhere
:( any advice? I literally die every time like 20 seconds into it.

LegendX48

Regarding the endings
weird how, no matter what, the game just ends on a cliffhanger with either Natalia turning into Alex Wesker straight up or just beginning to do so

Wonder what they'll do with it, if anything.

joe2187

Banned
Does anyone have any experience with a strange bug in (episode 4)
The Wesker 1 fight
where the controls stop responding? I've tried both a controller and the keyboard, restarting the game and reloading the checkpoint and nothing works.

Its a known bug for the PC version so far I havent heard of a fix

I cannot beat that part in Claire's episode two when you fight
that fucking big fire guy with all those monsters everywhere
:( any advice? I literally die every time like 20 seconds into it.

Aim for his knees and his head is about all I can say, as soon as the big guy goes down all the other guys will stop spawning and you can pick em off to your liking.

Lork

Actually I got a patch and after looking at the forum it fixes that among other things.
I'm on the latest patch and ironically I had no problems going through the first time several versions before the patch that supposedly fixed this issue was released.

Sectus

I'm on the latest patch and ironically I had no problems going through the first time several versions before the patch that supposedly fixed this issue was released.

Try entering the room as Natalia, that fixed it for me.

I encountered the bug in an extremely annoying way yesterday. I finished episode 4 invisible enemy mode but the game soft locked during the result screen (before it was able to save). And when I tried to reload latest checkpoint, I kept getting the bug where I couldn't move my character.

ArjanN

I had this bug before the patch, but I got past it by plugging in a 360 controller.

It is mentioned as being fixed in the latest patch.

Alternatively if you have a bunch of herbs you probably survive until the boss pushes you out of the cave.

Lork

Try entering the room as Natalia, that fixed it for me
Unfortunately that didn't work for me either.

I had this bug before the patch, but I got past it by plugging in a 360 controller.

It is mentioned as being fixed in the latest patch.
Like I said I already have the latest patch.

Alternatively if you have a bunch of herbs you probably survive until the boss pushes you out of the cave.
This is the first fight, so that's not an option. Also how would I use herbs or switch characters when my controls don't work?

It seems like whatever they did to "fix" the keyboard controls in that section broke everything. Guess all I can do is hope they fix it in another patch.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Loving this games so far and graphics aren't as bad as I thought they'd be (PS4)
They aren't Next-gen amazing or anything but they do the job and looks....good.
The game itself is a big step forward or backwards over RE4,5,6
It's not REmake or RE2 but it's a lot better then the crap we've been getting, and lot more atmospheric too, puzzles are a welcome return even if they are simple and they finally did something good with the partner system, and Claire isn't that bad as she first looked, now I want RER3 more then RE7 unless RE7 goes the same route as this.

The one thing RE7 needs to bring back from 6 is the multiple campaigns.
Hopefully better intertwined next time(final boss should be a crossover co-op that feels interesting to all involved).

Jawmuncher

The one thing RE7 needs to bring back from 6 is the multiple campaigns.
Hopefully better intertwined next time(final boss should be a crossover co-op that feels interesting to all involved).

I can't go back to regular mercs after counters, dodging, rolling, and melee were introduced.

SDCowboy

So I'm still a bit confused by the bad ending. I don't know if I'm missing something meaningful, or if the ending was just as abrupt as it seems.

I can't go back to regular mercs after counters, dodging, rolling, and melee were introduced.

I like all these things, but really wish they'd get rid of the limited enemy count and time bonus for kills/end score.

It makes going for high scores really boring as you end you just countering everything and not waste time doing anything else.

Rather infinite enemies and play until timer ends.

Top Bottom