• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
So I just bought the first episode, not the season pass, on ps4. It didn't download for some reason. When I go to the store and click start, it says it can't find it and would I like to see it in the store (seems counterproductive but ok...) and takes me back to where I was... so my question is, how do I download the game now? What happened?

edit: looking above, people have advice. look at that. will try

Hagi

Heh I'm really surprised at how good this is, just halfway through Barry's section. The various callbacks to previous RE are great and the atmosphere and enemy design is really good.

The episodic release doesn't bother me I actually am looking forward to each release. We need more budget titles like this I hope it sells really well for Capcom. Can't wait to try Raid mode.

Moira is awesome btw.

Gurish

Try from the web store, choose PS4 then "Download", this way the download should starts by itself when you boot your console.

I had the same problem. The way I got mine to work was by going to this page: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...ason/cid=UP0102-CUSA00924_00-BHR2SEASONPATH00

Then clicking on Choose a Version on the left hand side and picking the bottom option.

I'm now trying it and it keeps loading without responding :(

I fucking hate Sony and their bugged systems!!

Don't know if it was posted already but greenmangaming has the game for 25% off for the day (for both regular and deluxe versions). Use 25OFFR-ESEVIL-REVEL2 at checkout.

Those arent options for me

Yeah, you're on the wrong page. Notice the 1 review... This whole launch is fucked and buggy.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/resident-evil-revelations-2-complete-season/cid=UP0102-CUSA00924_00-BHR2SEASONPATH00?emcid=ps-ga-871&utm_medium=Paid_Search_{ps}&utm_campaign=Games&utm_source=Google&utm_term=ps-ga-871&utm_content=Brand

Should be that link i believe.

Gurish

So I just bought the first episode, not the season pass, on ps4. It didn't download for some reason. When I go to the store and click start, it says it can't find it and would I like to see it in the store (seems counterproductive but ok...) and takes me back to where I was... so my question is, how do I download the game now? What happened?

edit: looking above, people have advice. look at that. will try
Did website work for you? It doesn't do anything after i choose to download the game to my PS4, i tried it both with Chrome and FireFox, what can I do??

LeonSPBR

How do you unlock Jill?

I noticed that has 2 char that needs certain medals to open them. One needs ten perfect medal and the other needs 90 perfect medal.

To get those medlas you need to finish the stages by killing everyone ( you cannot end the stage without killing anyone or else you miss a medal) and you can't use any herb. If you did that you will get 5 medals, the final one is the perfect completion medal. You need to get 10 and 90 to open these secret char.

Gurish

Yeah, you're on the wrong page. Notice the 1 review... This whole launch is fucked and buggy.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/resident-evil-revelations-2-complete-season/cid=UP0102-CUSA00924_00-BHR2SEASONPATH00?emcid=ps-ga-871&utm_medium=Paid_Search_{ps}&utm_campaign=Games&utm_source=Google&utm_term=ps-ga-871&utm_content=Brand

Should be that link i believe.

I tried this link, it gives me 2 options that are identical- Download the game for my PS4. i click on one of them and it just keeps loading and loading and wont do anything :(

Tried to delete cookies, don't know what else i can do, Sony are so incompetence.

finley83

Banned
Anyone here pre-ordered from GMG and got their codes yet? My library says "No keys available for this game", whereas yesterday it said something about codes being available on release...

JJD

Did website work for you? It doesn't do anything after i choose to download the game to my PS4, i tried it both with Chrome and FireFox, what can I do??

Did you activate your PS4 as your primary?

You can only download from the web store to your PS4 if it is set to primary.

kuYuri

Anyone here pre-ordered from GMG and got their codes yet? My library says "No keys available for this game", whereas yesterday it said something about codes being available on release...

For some reason, GMG's codes unlock on the 25th, we have to wait longer for whatever reason.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

They'll be released later today, I've pre-ordered from them, they will probably be here in a few hours, based on my previous experiences. I live in PST timezone and codes usually send out in the afternoon/evening the day before, where I am right now it's 9:45 AM.

For some reason, GMG's codes unlock on the 25th, we have to wait longer for whatever reason.

That's just every non-Playstation version. Sony seems to have paid for one day before exclusivity or something.

Hugstable

Banned
The heck? I can't download the game at all and it keeps telling me to go back and visit the store. What's going on? I just purchased it a few minutes ago off the "What's New" section in the PSN store and it just doesn't let me download. Said something about me having upgraded a trial or something...

Gurish

Fuck finally got it to work!
Had to go to the webstore, click on my user name-->download list--> click on the "Download to PS4" option from there.

Damn you Sony.

Marow

I realize this is a completely different thread, but since I assume many RE-fans are gathered here I can't think of a better place to ask.

Now, onto the question: which game would be the best entry point to start with (on PC)?

I've only played RE4 on Wii, but that was ages ago and I couldn't get into it despite seeing how well-made it was. RE is one of these franchises I really want to give a try. Originally I was thinking of playing them in chronological order because of story reasons, but I kinda worry it'll be ages before a remaster of 2 and 3 comes out. So... yeah, throw your order recommendation at me!

finley83

Banned
I realize this is a completely different thread, but since I assume many RE-fans are gathered here I can't think of a better place to ask.

Now, onto the question: which game would be the best entry point to start with (on PC)?

I've only played RE4 on Wii, but that was ages ago and I couldn't get into it despite seeing how well-made it was. RE is one of these franchises I really want to give a try. Originally I was thinking of playing them in chronological order because of story reasons, but I kinda worry it'll be ages before a remaster of 2 and 3 comes out. So... yeah, throw your order recommendation at me!

RE 2 and 3 are fine on PC - full joypad support and everything. Only RE1 (1996 version) dated really badly, as well as being a supposedly dodgy port that runs way too fast.

Personally I'd start with REmake and work forward from there. If you can't put up with the fixed camera angles, skip straight to RE4.

me0wish

Anyone got an opinion on the "complete box set"? 15$ for Wesker and some costumes seems a bit steep, is there something else I'm not seeing?

While the graphics don't bother me, it's really shitty to find frame rate drops in bigger environments. That's pretty unacceptable to me. Still very much enjoying this though.

FatalT

Banned
I know RAID mode won't have online co-op until Episode 4 releases but does the actual campaign have co-op right now? I enjoyed playing Revelations 1 in co-op on the 3DS but I'm not sure if this one has it or not.

HAH! Remember what they said about RE6? That each campaign was 10 hours each? And now they're exaggerating about 2-3 hours? Short game confirmed.
Honestly it is a bit normal for season pass games to have episodes 2-3 hours long. It is kind of crappy to lock the 5th episode behind the season pass though.

I will wait until a flash sale happens. I am not the biggest RE fan. Liking 4 and 5 is OK. Haven't played 6 yet, but I am not expecting much.

Gurish

To anyone who've purchased the season pass (PS4 version): how many files did it download for you? It's only downloading one file (3.95 GB), is it OK?

Capndrake

So I didn't know that the Steam version is region-restricted, and got a North American GMG key which I can't redeem in Europe - would anyone be willing to take it off my hands for $20 so I can get a European one instead? This is the regular season pass, not the $40 one.

EDIT: Gone!

I noticed that has 2 char that needs certain medals to open them. One needs ten perfect medal and the other needs 90 perfect medal.

To get those medlas you need to finish the stages by killing everyone ( you cannot end the stage without killing anyone or else you miss a medal) and you can't use any herb. If you did that you will get 5 medals, the final one is the perfect completion medal. You need to get 10 and 90 to open these secret char.

I finished Gauntlet 1 with all 30 medals and got nothing =/ The RE6 stages don't count I guess?

I recorded the Daily Mission: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ2jNZD5vPY&feature=youtu.be This protect the target mission is really fun.

I've made posts in other Resident Evil threads about how I think that the games can have action and better gameplay than the older ones while still retaining a heavy focus on horror and atmosphere. Revelations 2 is proving my point ten-fold. The part where
Barry is trying to open the door in the cabin out in the woods at night, and Natalia turns around and sees something, and then you see the huge shadow appear on the door
; that's the stuff right there.

Top Bottom