• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Alec

I am *really* enjoying it. There is actually some semblance of puzzle design (which is really refreshing after RE6)! It could look better, yeah, but it doesn't really bother me. And the Raid Mode is really cool in this one.

Absolutely worth $25.

Each episode is estimated to take between two and three hours to complete, but this is likely to vary depending on your own skills

HAH! Remember what they said about RE6? That each campaign was 10 hours each? And now they're exaggerating about 2-3 hours? Short game confirmed.

So... wait. Since Revelations 2 is out, does that mean you can play the whole game now? Or do you have to wait until each episode is released?

craig2562

Neo Member
I am happy paying the price I did for it, reviews look ok so I'll wait till tomorrow and hopefully enjoy it.

RE6 felt sour, I hope it's not as bad as that :(

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Ughhhh why does the Steam version unlock tomorrow :/

Sony day exclusivity deal, but Xbox fans are in the same boat.

Bright side, it seems to be selling well. GMG just ran out of keys for both the Complete Season and Complete Pack for Revelations 2, seems a lot of people after the decent review scores coupled with the cheap price decided to last minute pre-order.

HAH! Remember what they said about RE6? That each campaign was 10 hours each? And now they're exaggerating about 2-3 hours? Short game confirmed.

First episode took me about 48 minutes for Claire and an hour for Barry. So 1:48.

My time in the second episode so far is an hour for Claire. I don't know yet for Barrys segment. So.... what's exactly so funny?

Ricker

Yeah ammo is way more sparse and puts the player in quite the predicament at times. Just wait till you get to episode 2. Good lord... I was sweating it!

I sweated at the first escape part in this episode,wasted a lot of bullets,I might just start over now that I know the quickest way to go lol...or maybe not,live with my decision for now.

joe2187

Banned
Check that solution out. it worked for me.

Those arent options for me

oYmEHmr.png

2aQDit9.png

LUXURY

Can you buy the episodes separately? I thought I read you had to buy the whole thing. I might be wrong though. Just going to buy Claire's first one if I can and if it's decent o guess the rest ofn disc.

I sweated at the first escape part in this episode,wasted a lot of bullets,I might just start over now that I know the quickest way to go lol...or maybe not,live with my decision for now.

Yeah I wasted so much ammo there. Then said fuck it and ran. LOL

Shauni

Can you buy the episodes separately? I thought I read you had to buy the whole thing. I might be wrong though. Just going to buy Claire's first one if I can and if it's decent o guess the rest ofn disc.

You can buy separately yes, it's an episodic game.

That was annoying... until you figure out what to actually do during all the chaos. Fun times. I was like huh, decent game design!

Grisby

"Weapons are more reliable than people.

Goddamn Claire. Whats been going on with you these past few years?

Also I got a teeny smile from (dialogue spoiler)
"Claire Sandwich"
How's Claire's VA? Bummed about no Alyson Court but does she at least sound similar yet older?
I think it's lightnings VA. Not bad, a little moody though.

I do wanna say, I really like the little things in this game when it comes to dialog and throwbacks to other games. For example
The joke about Barry telling everyone about the Jill sandwhich moment. Or the comments on Ouroboros and the events in Africa.
Little things like that just put in a sense of connectivity to the overall series and I love it.

I do wanna say, I really like the little things in this game when it comes to dialog and throwbacks to other games. For example
The joke about Barry telling everyone about the Jill sandwhich moment. Or the comments on Ouroboros and the events in Africa.
Little things like that just put in a sense of connectivity to the overall series and I love it.

Yep. It feels like a legitimate Resident Evil game, unlike some certain recent installments. I won't name names, though.

I also want to comment on Claire's personality. You have Moira, who is a pain in the ass to have to hear speak, but Claire is very well written and voiced. She's made a lot of sarcastic quips that I've loved. So glad the goddess has returned, and better than ever.

Think I'll have to pull the trigger on this if/when the Vita version comes out (and runs well). I can't say know to that price to content ratio for a new Resident Evil

Yep. It feels like a legitimate Resident Evil game, unlike some certain recent installments. I won't name names, though.

I also want to comment on Claire's personality. You have Moira, who is a pain in the ass to have to hear speak, but Claire is very well written and voiced. She's made a lot of sarcastic quips that I've loved. So glad the goddess has returned, and better than ever.

Yep. Only thing missins is her original VA sadly. Otherwise it's good to see her and Barry return. Even Barry, the way he talks and says words, is very in line with his original VA spirit/work. Drawn out words, etc... if you know what I'm saying. I swear I kept expecting him to say "Yeah.....yeah" a few times.

Grisby

PLayed about 40 moinutes or so. Game feels like a direct continuation of Revelations in terms of design (well, I guess you could throw RE 6 in there too). You dont have quite as many movement options as in RE6 but the dodge is a lot easier to pull off then the original revelations.

Atmosphere is alright, and it's been a decent experience so far. I think I should have moved the game to hard though. Been pretty easy.

Raid mode seems fun. Only did the first mission but I already got a magnum and a lvl 5 shotty from it. Seems like there is a lot to do.

The remixed RE6 music is great and the Vestibule song is appropriately soothing.

Didn't see any of the extra costumes though (I bought the season deal). Wonder when that is gonna come along?
Well, weapons can't turn into zombies.
Claire's turned into quite the smoldering bad ass.
Ali Hillis is doing it? I wouldn't mind that I guess. Hard not to hear Liara in whatever she does, though...
Yeah.
To change to laser aim:

Options > Display > Display Info: Details
Oh, Thanks. I hate the crosshairs.

Has this game gone more action orientated or is it still creepy as hell with survival horror elements?

Less action oriented than RE6, less creepy than Remake. If you played Revelations, its very similar to that game (obviously). Also it looks and plays low budget. Oh so was the first revelations game.

News Bot

Banned
Something I want to throw out there, I think Revelations 2 purposely stuffs together a lot of scrapped series concepts together. Like, I'm noticing a lot of things in this game are things that were scrapped from older Resident Evil games.

A few examples. The bleeding mechanic is extremely similar to a similar mechanic that was planned for Resident Evil 2, but was scrapped. The flashlight mechanic Moria is happens to be very similar to a flashlight mechanic that was planned for the Hookman version of Resident Evil 4, but was scrapped. The enemy with sewn-together body parts is a scrapped enemy from the series, I believe it was a scrapped idea for an enemy in Resident Evil 4 but the exact entry I may be mistaken on. I also know that the enemy seen in the Drama Trailer,
the Tyrant with mechanical parts, looks very similar to a scrapped Tyrant design that was supposed to be in Resident Evil 5, and on top of this, that Tyrant and Uroboros combine together, which was something else that was scrapped.

The director of this game notably has been working on the Resident Evil series since the first game, he was a programmer for Resident Evil 1. I have a feeling he snuck in some scrapped things through the franchise into the game.

There was no bleeding mechanic in BIO2, you're thinking of the torn clothes. But those were just aesthetics to show player damage in-game. It was replaced by limping.

The Revenant looks like it's based on the "Undead Humans" from the BIO4 that became Devil May Cry, but it's not exactly an original idea. Giant centipede was planned for BIO1 and used in BIO0 for example, but the developers didn't look at BIO1's design documents and get the idea that way. Likewise with giant mutant birds (chicken in BIO0, griffon in BIO4).

Less action oriented than RE6, less creepy than Remake. If you played Revelations, its very similar to that game (obviously). Also it looks and plays low budget. Oh so was the first revelations game.

Just that this time capcom completely skipped the part of having the game on handheald first for reasons unknown.

tesqui

I want to play this game now! It appears to be a good resi game. According to the steam page it doesn't even unlock @ midnight, but 12pm Wednesday..

Z3M0G

First episode took me about 48 minutes for Claire and an hour for Barry. So 1:48.

My time in the second episode so far is an hour for Claire. I don't know yet for Barrys segment. So.... what's exactly so funny?

How are you able to play Episode 2?

Gurish

GAF i need help! :(

I've pre-ordered the season pass long time ago and now I'm turning on my PS4 and it wont let me download the first episode.

I turned my PS4, it didn't start any download as expected, i go to the REV2 icon in my library and there instead of giving me the option to Download like usual with purchased games it give me "Start" although i don't have it install at all, when i press Start it tells me it can't find the application and ask me if to go to the Store, i say yes and there i have the game page without any option to download or anything :((

What is it??

And Btw it didn't prompt me to a new Firmware Hardware as well if there is one, my latest Firmware is 2.04. Please help!!

Been playing Raid Mode just to get familiar with controls and to unlock Jill before campaign but damn it's kinda hard to control the character?

SeanTSC

GAF i need help! :(

I've pre-ordered the season pass long time ago and now I'm turning on my PS4 and it wont let me download the first episode.

I turned my PS4, it didn't start any download as expected, i go to the REV2 icon in my library and there instead of giving me the option to Download like usual with purchased games it give me "Start" although i don't have it install at all, when i press Start it tells me it can't find the application and ask me if to go to the Store, i say yes and there i have the game page without any option to download or anything :((

What is it??

And Btw it didn't prompt me to a new Firmware Hardware as well if there is one, my latest Firmware is 2.04. Please help!!

I had the same problem. The way I got mine to work was by going to this page: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...ason/cid=UP0102-CUSA00924_00-BHR2SEASONPATH00

Then clicking on Choose a Version on the left hand side and picking the bottom option.

Top Bottom