• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Manu

I've made posts in other Resident Evil threads about how I think that the games can have action and better gameplay than the older ones while still retaining a heavy focus on horror and atmosphere. Revelations 2 is proving my point ten-fold. The part where
Barry is trying to open the door in the cabin out in the woods at night, and Natalia turns around and sees something, and then you see the huge shadow appear on the door
; that's the stuff right there.

Not to mention
I was totally expecting the Revenant to enter through the door at any time and the motherfucker crashed through the ceiling. I said 'oh shit!' out loud.

I just thought this game would have some sort of online coop on the ps4 if they activated shareplay. I hope the reason it isn't is because they plan on adding online to campaign eventually.

Jawmuncher

imageo1o90.jpg

Not anything significant but I find it interesting.
Did they try and use survival horror recently for marketing the other games? I don't recall them doing so, might just be my bad memory though. Aside from REmake of course

This has the same problems with the controls as the first one, HUGE deadzone and really hard to make tiny circles or go diagonal.

I think it has to do with being a psp port

quest

Not Banned from OT
Reading all the positive impressions convinced me to pick this up for my next gaming weekend. Loved RE6 local co-op this sounds even better. No idea how this flew under my gaming radar so long.

LegendX48

The game is quite a bit tougher than the first Revelations, the bleeding mechanic I can already tell I'm going to hate the shit out of it. Also, ammo's been rather plentiful, and those enemies jumping is kinda dumb. The distance they can cover is straight up absurd.

The 60fps on PS4 is sweet but it is not locked, there are noticeable dips (never sub 30 though, so far anyway) and the starting area of Barry's part of ep. 1 is not running 60 but it is higher than 30. Also, the character models look pretty good, some of the environments though, yeesh...

The game is quite a bit tougher than the first Revelations, the bleeding mechanic I can already tell I'm going to hate the shit out of it. Also, ammo's been rather plentiful, and those enemies jumping is kinda dumb. The distance they can cover is straight up absurd.

Interesting seeing as I'm always running out. It doesn't seem like ammo is dropped via enemies at all anymore. I'm always just barely finding more ammo to keep going.

I tried this link, it gives me 2 options that are identical- Download the game for my PS4. i click on one of them and it just keeps loading and loading and wont do anything :(

Tried to delete cookies, don't know what else i can do, Sony are so incompetence.

Try going to your download list on the top right

Yeah, this was unbearable. I was tearing out my hair this morning.

Erebus

How is local co-op handled on the PC version? Is one player using the kb/mouse and the other one the gamepad?

magnumpy

I've never been a fan of the episodic game releases. will wait until the inevitable "remastered collection" or whatever comes out so I can buy them all at once.

joe2187

Banned
PSP port?

EDIT: Any comment on weapon sounds or enemy hit reactions?

Weopons dont sound too bad, nothing fancy but each has a distinct sound.

However when it comes to hit reactions im not sure if they wanted you to rely on the flashlight more or Im just not reading the tells properly.

Im not real sure where the weakpoints on the enemies are unless it's specifically highlighted. Skull Zombies and Infected take more damage to headshots. But im not seeing any reactions towards arms or leg shots. The Metal head dudes seem to be more affected by the leg and body shots but it doesnt really stagger them much for a melee setup.

I need more time to learn the new enemies.

Z3M0G

Going into this blind. I already have it downloaded at home waiting for me...

I pretty much completely spoiled The Order for myself and likely won't play that for weeks / months... :(

ezekial45

Banned
I've made posts in other Resident Evil threads about how I think that the games can have action and better gameplay than the older ones while still retaining a heavy focus on horror and atmosphere. Revelations 2 is proving my point ten-fold. The part where
Barry is trying to open the door in the cabin out in the woods at night, and Natalia turns around and sees something, and then you see the huge shadow appear on the door

The best part is that
if you ignore Natalia and continue trying to open the door, Barry will get ambushed by the monster.

Jharp

Where precisely in the timeline is this set? I've played through every major RE game except Revelations 1, which I have on PC, and have actually recently been going through the series in chronological order. I went Zero, 1, 2, 3, C:V and then the PC version of REmake came out so I played that, then I did 4. I intended to continue with Rev, Lost in Nightmares, RE5, and RE6, but haven't gotten around to those yet, so I'm not sure if I'm in a good spot to start Rev 2.

Where precisely in the timeline is this set? I've played through every major RE game except Revelations 1, which I have on PC, and have actually recently been going through the series in chronological order. I went Zero, 1, 2, 3, C:V and then the PC version of REmake came out so I played that, then I did 4. I intended to continue with Rev, Lost in Nightmares, RE5, and RE6, but haven't gotten around to those yet, so I'm not sure if I'm in a good spot to start Rev 2.

Between 5 and 6.

News Bot

Banned
And yeah, enemies don't drop anything :\

Best possible thing that could have happened to the series right now.

REV1: 2005
LiN: 2006
BIO5: 2009
REV2: 2011
BIO6: 2012/3

Problem is that anyone who play enough horror games knows how utterly predictable that was, thus the shock and scare factor does not exist.

So I got my key from greenmangaming

Is there any way to check what I actually got? Because I purchased the full $40 version, but it just said resident evil/biohazard revelations 2

I just want to confirm they didnt give me a regular $25 key or something else

Ricker

What? I'm almost sure that you can?

My bad,didn't see it before the new PSN was up but it's there now,you can in fact buy episode 1 anyway by itself,its 5.99.

Raid mode is pretty fun but at level 1, I couldnt complete the daily mission lol...you do get a little experience even if you die and retire though so I got to level 2...next time,I will bring a shotgun...I just ran out of ammo on my first try.

Locust

So I got my key from greenmangaming

Is there any way to check what I actually got? Because I purchased the full $40 version, but it just said resident evil/biohazard revelations 2

I just want to confirm they didnt give me a regular $25 key or something else

Go to https://store.steampowered.com/account/ to get the exact sub name and then compare to these: https://steamdb.info/app/287290/subs/
If the one you got has 8 apps then you got the full version.

That, or go to steam://open/console on your browser and then write licenses_for_app 287290 into the Steam console window that pops up. It tells you the exact sub number you can then check on SteamDB.

Anyone else got this problem:

Pre-ordered using the PS3 version.
Got the PS3 game
Got the PS3 pre-order map pack
Got the PS4 game

...but PS4 pre-order map pack not showing up as free.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death

I completely agree, the first encounter with the Regenerators in RE4 is another example.

Do the weapons sound like someone popping the bubbles on bubble wrap like the first game? The lacking sound and little to no hit reaction was a bit of a turn off from the first game.

Also, is the scanning mechanic back or did they do away with that?

Top Bottom